View Full Version : Changing tech tree display

gazius
Jan 03, 2010, 03:06 PM
Would it be possible to sort the tech tree into various pages, or is there a mod that already does this? I'd like to expand the amount of techs available and how they're researched, but it would take it from being a tech tree to more of a dead forest, not something pretty.

The_J
Jan 03, 2010, 04:53 PM
It's not done in any mod yet.
The idea itself is interesting.
Technically: Just for displaying, it could be done. It would need several very serious changes in the python file, which is responsible for the tech tree, but it could be done. Not in a hour, or so, would need more time for somebody, who knows, what he's doing.

Asthix
Jan 04, 2010, 10:44 AM
The 'Next War Advanced' mod by Strategyonly has a much longer tech tree adding scads of techs (something around doubling the number) but it is still pretty linear. Sounds like you have something in mind more like 'Fall from Heaven II's' tech tree.

gazius
Jan 05, 2010, 12:56 AM
FfH2 would be fine for a single page, but I was thinking something like a bar across the top which has various subheaders, like Religion, Politics, Military, and each title could be picked on to display a page which has a tech tree like the mod you mentioned.

Asthix
Jan 05, 2010, 12:25 PM
Oh I see. Check out the latest patch of Fall Further then. I believe Xienwolf has done exactly this for the civics screen.

gazius
Jan 07, 2010, 08:41 AM
Oh I see. Check out the latest patch of Fall Further then. I believe Xienwolf has done exactly this for the civics screen.

The only similarity is at the top with the icons. Each one clicked would take you to an entirely new page below, instead of just a window you can scroll.