View Full Version : Imperium Offtopicum

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Virote_Considon
Mar 23, 2010, 11:49 AM
do youw ant any help in squishing the terrorist groups?
I'm reluctant to accept any help at this moment in time as we consider it a domestic issue, even if such a domestic issue has spilled into neighboring countries...

( in all honestly you shouldn't have ANY, unless you are oppressing someone)

The Catholics feel oppressed because we've split the previously-dominant Church from the State. In all truth, if their brand of terrorism keeps up, we may have to start cracking down on religious freedom. But we can keep up for a while, just by extending the curfew and martial law a little bit at a time.

The Malvinas issue is a bit different, because it wouldn't be any specific groups carrying out the acts of terrorism, but just individuals and small clusters who don't like the state of affairs at the moment. If we lose this UN vote, there's going to be trouble in J.D. City!

Then there are Uruguayan and Paraguayan nationalists, who feel their sovereignty is threatened by Peróntine forces stationed in their country.

So yeah, there's quite a bit of discontent in my territory!

Mathalamus
Mar 23, 2010, 12:16 PM
I'm reluctant to accept any help at this moment in time as we consider it a domestic issue, even if such a domestic issue has spilled into neighboring countries...

The Catholics feel oppressed because we've split the previously-dominant Church from the State. In all truth, if their brand of terrorism keeps up, we may have to start cracking down on religious freedom. But we can keep up for a while, just by extending the curfew and martial law a little bit at a time.

The Malvinas issue is a bit different, because it wouldn't be any specific groups carrying out the acts of terrorism, but just individuals and small clusters who don't like the state of affairs at the moment. If we lose this UN vote, there's going to be trouble in J.D. City!

Then there are Uruguayan and Paraguayan nationalists, who feel their sovereignty is threatened by Peróntine forces stationed in their country.

So yeah, there's quite a bit of discontent in my territory!

well the only 'terrorist' group, if you can call it that are the twitards. fortunately they are smart enough to not go against Byzantium.

honestly you shouldn't oppress the Catholics. i nearly had a &%$^ing CRUSADE on my head when there was too few Catholics in Byzantium to warrant a church. i don't even believe in churches! all worships should be private and at home!

sorry for the rant. im still miffed. don't oppress Catholics. or anyone else for that matter.

going down the fascism root is a good idea actually, but be sure to return to democracy when things settle down.

Virote_Considon
Mar 23, 2010, 12:46 PM
In light of these recent terrorist attacks, Perónia has decided to increase its military to 600,000 troops.

200,000 of these troops have been involved in a mass training exercise - an amphibious invasion of southern-Patagonia. This was successful, kinda, although several flaws within our current logistics system were found. 50,000 more troops have been poured into Paraguay and Uruguay, and 25,000 more troops in the capital. The city of Cordoba in northern Perónia has been placed under martial law, and troops 3,000 troops have moved up to the Bolivian and Brazilian borders, in an attempt to stem off any possible gaps for insurgents in those lands.

Our forces are stretched pretty thin at this moment in time, and we may have to increase our forces by a further 200,000. Luckily, a large enough portion of our population is unemployed! Though we may have to start drafting out of our armaments industry pretty soon...

choxorn
Mar 23, 2010, 12:49 PM
Emperor Choxorn sends heartfelt sympathies to the Emperor of Carthagistan, and hopes he makes it through these troubles. We also send the world's largest pie.

We have some problems with religious terrorists, too- stupid Muslims and Hindus don't know how to get along with each other. So, we have a totally-not-secret police force and an uber-leet counter-terrorist agency to stop them from blowing each other up.

Omega124
Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM
Congress applauds Byzantium on its wise decision and dons the NO SPARKLING MORONIC VAMPIRES FOR YOU, ***** Act, which banned Twilight. We urge that the Californian Republic, who has control over Arizona, which means they have Meyer, to hang her for treason. Meanwhile, her parents, living in Conn., were hanged for treason against the state for creating such a monster.

The act also gives free therapy for all fangirls and the extremely rare fanboys. Speaker of the House, Omega, a HUGE Mega Man and Civilization fan, put down his NES controller and mouse, and spoke "Well, it was kinda necessary to maintain our dignity. Without it, it would eat up our female teens who grew up on it, influencing millions of their children, and so on and so on. We ended the plague before it ends. A Twitard, while being literally dragged by her parents to her first therapy session, said "Well, Omega is a huge Mega Man fan, and he doesn't get therapy". When that now-famous line went to him, he responded coldy "I'm gonna Metal Blade you to death".

(Anyone who got the joke is awesome)

Mathalamus
Mar 23, 2010, 02:17 PM
Congress applauds Byzantium on its wise decision and dons the NO SPARKLING MORONIC VAMPIRES FOR YOU, ***** Act, which banned Twilight. We urge that the Californian Republic, who has control over Arizona, which means they have Meyer, to hang her for treason. Meanwhile, her parents, living in Conn., were hanged for treason against the state for creating such a monster.

The act also gives free therapy for all fangirls and the extremely rare fanboys. Speaker of the House, Omega, a HUGE Mega Man and Civilization fan, put down his NES controller and mouse, and spoke "Well, it was kinda necessary to maintain our dignity. Without it, it would eat up our female teens who grew up on it, influencing millions of their children, and so on and so on. We ended the plague before it ends. A Twitard, while being literally dragged by her parents to her first therapy session, said "Well, Omega is a huge Mega Man fan, and he doesn't get therapy". When that now-famous line went to him, he responded coldy "I'm gonna Metal Blade you to death".

(Anyone who got the joke is awesome)

Barabas IV applauds Omega in his decisive action against the Twilight Saga. you win the Byzantine medal of Anti twilight.

....Byzantium quickly passes the Therapy for Twifans immediately, realizing that i just forgot something. while this means that around 15% of the population will be in therapy, the economics is not expected to be effected.

Omega124
Mar 23, 2010, 02:21 PM
Barabas IV applauds Omega in his decisive action against the Twilight Saga. you win the Byzantine medal of Anti twilight.

....Byzantium quickly passes the Therapy for Twifans immediately, realizing that i just forgot something. while this means that around 15% of the population will be in therapy, the economics is not expected to be effected.

Omega is flattered by Barabas IV, butn turns down the medal, due to the U.S. Constitution forbidding royal titles.

Omega also says "Donn't thank me, I'm just the Speaker. Thank Congress and thank Mr. President Ron Paul".

choxorn
Mar 23, 2010, 02:21 PM
Given that it is taken in the name of destroying that evil book series, the choxornese Empire is willing to ignore any destruction of realism that results from these acts.

Virote_Considon
Mar 23, 2010, 02:22 PM
15% of your population? Man, your economy is going to be devastated!

(And don't change it now - you've already said it!)

Mathalamus
Mar 23, 2010, 02:26 PM
relax. most of those were teenage girls. the commerce industry may suffer a bit. but things will pick up.

Byzantium recommends everyone else to ban twilight. seriously.

Joecoolyo
Mar 23, 2010, 02:39 PM
We believe in freedom of press and such here so we will NOT ban the book, however stupid it may be.

In recent news, The New Twilight Movie, filmed and produced in Israel (because everyone else it banning it) has made over 700 million dollars in revenue. The book and merchandise tied along with this movie have also been selling in record numbers, boosting the Israeli economy.

With this extra money in our coffers, we put it aside until the UN ratifies our claims on Saudi Arabia and Sudan, for a modernization program in those regions. (it should be today if not tomorrow).

EDIT: We also send our condolences to our ally Carthagistan.

And we condemn the terrorism in Peronia, and are willing to back and help Peronia to stop this problem, in any way, shape, or form.

choxorn
Mar 23, 2010, 02:53 PM
They already have ratified it, and a few other claims, like my Southern China claims. Tanicius just hasn't updated the map yet.

Virote_Considon
Mar 23, 2010, 02:56 PM
Perónia is not going to be banning Twilight, even if it did get big. If it's not a threat to power, then it's not going to get banned.

Joecoolyo
Mar 23, 2010, 02:59 PM
They already have ratified it, and a few other claims, like my Southern China claims. Tanicius just hasn't updated the map yet.

Really? Sweet!

The Modernization Act of Saudi Arabia and Sudan goes into effect. Using the surplus of money from The Twilight craze, we enact massive modernization programs in Saudi Arabia and Sudan. And just like the Iranian one, this will include highways, railroads, infrastructure, manufacturing buildings, factories, oil wells, airports, standard defenses, etc.

Unlike the Iranian one, I will not put a time limit on these, because these aren't being built with money from our defenses. (btw, the Iranian one will expire on Friday, and my army will go back to it's regular size of 700,000 men).

http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx313/Carwrex/IsraeliRepublicnationalflag-1-1.png?t=1269378092

Joecoolyo
Mar 23, 2010, 03:00 PM
Perónia is not going to be banning Twilight, even if it did get big. If it's not a threat to power, then it's not going to get banned.

Let's shares the profits my friend! :beer:

We will now export all of this crap to Peronia (including the movie to be played at Peronian cinemas), so they can also take a part in this craze.

Virote_Considon
Mar 23, 2010, 03:04 PM
Let's shares the profits my friend! :beer:

We will now export all of this crap to Peronia (including the movie to be played at Peronian cinemas), so they can also take a part in this craze.

:cheers: Indeed!

My shares from this profit are going towards developing a new state-of-the-art fighter jet. Faster than sound (of course), and armed to the teeth. And maybe if enough money is made, I can develop a new top-of-the-line aircraft carrier, bigger and better than any before it!... :hmm:

Well, we'll have to see...

Joecoolyo
Mar 23, 2010, 03:12 PM
If this jet fighter comes out successful, I'd be willing to buy a contract from you so I can build some for my fleet too (mine is getting rather outdated).

I'd also be willing to do a joint research/building program with Peronia for this new state of the art Aircraft carrier, as we could also use some new ones in our fleet (the 3 we have are rather old).

Virote_Considon
Mar 23, 2010, 03:13 PM
It's a deal!

Double A
Mar 23, 2010, 04:17 PM
The Pirates of the Sid Meier approve of all anti-Twilight actions, and announce their own ban, the Bombarding of Idiotic Twilight Connoisseurs with Howitzers act.

Hey, someone had to do it!

Mathalamus
Mar 23, 2010, 04:27 PM
Really? Sweet!

The Modernization Act of Saudi Arabia and Sudan goes into effect. Using the surplus of money from The Twilight craze, we enact massive modernization programs in Saudi Arabia and Sudan. And just like the Iranian one, this will include highways, railroads, infrastructure, manufacturing buildings, factories, oil wells, airports, standard defenses, etc.

Unlike the Iranian one, I will not put a time limit on these, because these aren't being built with money from our defenses. (btw, the Iranian one will expire on Friday, and my army will go back to it's regular size of 700,000 men).

http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx313/Carwrex/IsraeliRepublicnationalflag-1-1.png?t=1269378092

ok two things: 700 million dollars isnt enough to modernize a peice of crap country of Sudan and a pretty much modernized to the limit saudi arabia.

two: arent you expanding too much too fast? you have 7 million Jewish people with Judaism and more than 100 million Islamic Arabs. how will you maintain control? one hint: you cant. period. either you have to change into a Caliphate or you lose control of most of your nation if the Arabs rebel. with 700,000 men, you'll just fall almost instantly. even if you hole up in your core area ( which i think is Israel, West Bank and Gaza) you'll still fall.

and i don't need to tell you that a fifth of my population is Arabic, and most of those are displeased with Israel.

Joecoolyo
Mar 23, 2010, 04:35 PM
ok two things: 700 million dollars isnt enough to modernize a peice of crap country of Sudan and a pretty much modernized to the limit saudi arabia.

two: arent you expanding too much too fast? you have 7 million Jewish people with Judaism and more than 100 million Islamic Arabs. how will you maintain control? one hint: you cant. period. either you have to change into a Caliphate or you lose control of most of your nation if the Arabs rebel.

and i don't need to tell you that a fifth of my population is Arabic, and most of those are displeased with Israel.

You don't seem to understand how economics work. I don't get 700 million dollars. That's how much the movie made (solely). I collect the taxes from the tickets, food, and all associated merchandise (that's what the tax at the store is). And with this craze came a massive surplus of tax money, as apposed to the regular amount I make. And that tax surplus is enough to modernize both of these countries.

Once again, I am NOT a medieval theocracy like you are. There is no "official" religion, we are a secular state. Who cares is 70% of my country is Muslim? Just because they're Muslim doesn't mean they have to "declare a Jihad" on anyone that comes in contact with them.

And who cares if your people are displeased with me? Whoop-de-freaking do. All I care is that my allies like me and my people are pleased with their government.

Double A
Mar 23, 2010, 04:35 PM
Yeah Mr Powergamer is right, there's no way a country who has been practically at war with Arabs since it was founded can keep a bunch o' Arabs under control. And they aren't 70%, they're 93.5%. And if only 1% are extremists, that's 1 million pissed off militants.

Due to the Pirates' recent defeat at the outer banks, funds from its recently acquired second- and first-world territories, as well as more money from selling its WWII planes (from first post: even a few WWII planes including a B-17 and several Zeros) to a historical preservation society, the Pirates will be modernizing its armed forces, especially the air force. Several new warships are expected to be launched in the near future, and dozens of more warplanes and bombers will be purchased.

Joecoolyo
Mar 23, 2010, 04:42 PM
Yeah Mr Powergamer is right, there's no way a country who has been practically at war with Arabs since it was founded can keep a bunch o' Arabs under control. And they aren't 70%, they're 93.5%. And if only 1% are extremists, that's 1 million pissed off militants.

Ugh, my Israel is not the same as the IRL Israel. Mine has no history, it just popped up a couple weeks ago in a world of nothing and starting claiming land for itself. The Arabs have nothing to be pissed off about.

Double A
Mar 23, 2010, 04:43 PM
What religion is your leader?

If he isn't Muslim, I can tell you, 1% are definitely pissed off already.

Joecoolyo
Mar 23, 2010, 04:46 PM
What religion is your leader?

If he isn't Muslim, I can tell you, 1% are definitely pissed off already.

1) It doesn't matter

2) Stop stereotyping Muslims

Double A
Mar 23, 2010, 04:50 PM
I'm not, which is why I'm saying 1%, instead of "all the Muslims are gonna kill your people!" No matter what, there will always be 1% extremists in a major religion. And it matters to the extremists.

Mathalamus
Mar 23, 2010, 04:52 PM
You don't seem to understand how economics work. I don't get 700 million dollars. That's how much the movie made (solely). I collect the taxes from the tickets, food, and all associated merchandise (that's what the tax at the store is). And with this craze came a massive surplus of tax money, as apposed to the regular amount I make. And that tax surplus is enough to modernize both of these countries.

Once again, I am NOT a medieval theocracy like you are. There is no "official" religion, we are a secular state. Who cares is 70% of my country is Muslim? Just because they're Muslim doesn't mean they have to "declare a Jihad" on anyone that comes in contact with them.

And who cares if your people are displeased with me? Whoop-de-freaking do. All I care is that my allies like me and my people are pleased with their government.

so did you really collect billions upon billions fo dollars? not possible unless you placed a very high tax on it.

modern countries have a state religion. England and ver vassals. for example, and pretty much every muslim state. i feel i'm justified. and i am not a theocracy! *facepalm* i cant begin to describe why i cant be a theocracy. we enjoyed freedom of religion since 1890.

....why not? that's EXACTLY what they did! didn't you study history? Arabs overran Persia almost immediately and almost Destroyed Byzantium.

i must Reject your land claims. enough is enough.

Ugh, my Israel is not the same as the IRL Israel. Mine has no history, it just popped up a couple weeks ago in a world of nothing and starting claiming land for itself. The Arabs have nothing to be pissed off about.

that makes it worse. presently most Muslims hate Israel. without any history you just annexed half the muslim world. i would assume the Muslims aren't *too* happy. sure you did stop mistreating muslims but nothign is instantly forgiving. try it and ill label you a power gamer orm a facist rewriting history.

Byzantium traditionally favored Muslims. well my Byzantium... the United states of my world didnt really care, because Byzantium never tried to destroy Israel outright.

Double A
Mar 23, 2010, 04:56 PM
And 600 years later they did destroy it

But anyway, NEIN TO ZE CLAIM!

choxorn
Mar 23, 2010, 04:59 PM
I'm pretty sure that was the Turks, not the Arabs.

Double A
Mar 23, 2010, 05:00 PM
QUlET YOU!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/images/smilies/emot_vhappy.gif

Mathalamus
Mar 23, 2010, 05:01 PM
I'm pretty sure that was the Turks, not the Arabs.

the Arabs just sort of.. ignored Byzantium after 1180. at least that's when the Byzantine Arab wars ended. says the war ended on that year on Wikipedia. the Turks took over as a primary enemy.

Joecoolyo
Mar 23, 2010, 05:53 PM
I'm not, which is why I'm saying 1%, instead of "all the Muslims are gonna kill your people!" No matter what, there will always be 1% extremists in a major religion. And it matters to the extremists.

ugh... you realize all those terrorists and extremists exist because of consequences of actions taken by big powers IRL.

This timeline is totally separate from the IRL one. In fact there is no timeline here, no history, everyone just popped into existence a week ago. So these colonial actions of the imperialistic era (which led to the slippery slope to the extremists/terrorists) never happened.

Why do you think there's Catholic terrorists in Peronia? I never heard of any Catholic terrorist organization in S. America IRL? It's a game! Factors like this are made up for the fun of it! Now stop ruining the fun!

so did you really collect billions upon billions fo dollars? not possible unless you placed a very high tax on it.

I have already said before, I have a large economy based on oil and high-tech industry. The billions I collected in surplus mixed with the rest of my economy gives me enough money for modernization.

modern countries have a state religion. England and ver vassals. for example, and pretty much every muslim state. i feel i'm justified. and i am not a theocracy! *facepalm* i cant begin to describe why i cant be a theocracy. we enjoyed freedom of religion since 1890.

lolwut?

What part of I'M A SECULAR STATE DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND? I have no state religion! Jaysus...

....why not? that's EXACTLY what they did! didn't you study history? Arabs overran Persia almost immediately and almost Destroyed Byzantium.

Oh yes, lets be a bunch of bigoted :):):):):):):)s. Just because the Arabs of yesteryear had their own imperialistic ambitions DOES NOT mean that the ones of today are the same. Jaysus...

i must Reject your land claims. enough is enough.

:smug: You're scared of me! :smug: :smug:

that makes it worse. presently most Muslims hate Israel. without any history you just annexed half the muslim world. i would assume the Muslims aren't *too* happy. sure you did stop mistreating muslims but nothign is instantly forgiving. try it and ill label you a power gamer orm a facist rewriting history.

Byzantium traditionally favored Muslims. well my Byzantium... the United states of my world didnt really care, because Byzantium never tried to destroy Israel outright.

What part of THIS IS A FREAKING GAME THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE REAL WORLD do you not understand??????? MY Israel, has nothing to do with the IRL Israel!!!!!

NOW STOP RUINING THE GAME!!!! I CAME TO HAVE FUN, NOT ARGUE SEMANTICS!!!!!

Double A
Mar 23, 2010, 05:58 PM
Actually, I'm just trying to get Yemen and/or Oman. Can't blame me for trying :p

Mathalamus
Mar 23, 2010, 06:04 PM
Why do you think there's Catholic terrorists in Peronia? I never heard of any Catholic terrorist organization in S. America IRL? It's a game! Factors like this are made up for the fun of it! Now stop ruining the fun!

i actually tried something like that on Nations. it wasn't pretty. either i sucked at it or the random event theory isn't fun.

I have already said before, I have a large economy based on oil and high-tech industry. The billions I collected in surplus mixed with the rest of my economy gives me enough money for modernization.

and you ahve the high tech industry elusively located in Israel. sorry, you simply CANT produce enough to modernize a country.

lolwut?

What part of I'M A SECULAR STATE DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND? I have no state religion! Jaysus...

the Arabs may get pissed if you don't support the Great Allah. also you spent Jesus wrong.

Oh yes, lets be a bunch of bigoted :):):):):):):)s. Just because the Arabs of yesteryear had their own imperialistic ambitions DOES NOT mean that the ones of today are the same. Jaysus...

you didn't change the time line, and you simply annexed Allah's land. wrongfully i might add. you still spent jesus wrong. please say it right or it makes you look like an idiot, frankly.

:smug: You're scared of me! :smug: :smug:

pfft. im not scared of you. i can take the Levant, destroy your navy and resist counterattacks and your finished. mostly.

What part of THIS IS A FREAKING GAME THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE REAL WORLD do you not understand??????? MY Israel, has nothing to do with the IRL Israel!!!!!

then why do you INSIST i allow Catholics? this isn't real life, this is my nation and if i dont want Catholics, it shall be so. stop contradicting yourself.

NOW STOP RUINING THE GAME!!!! I CAME TO HAVE FUN, NOT ARGUE SEMANTICS!!!!

then woudl you mind if i magically brought back my large navy and huge army?

Double A
Mar 23, 2010, 06:07 PM
I'd have to buy some popcorn if you did that.

choxorn
Mar 23, 2010, 07:20 PM
also you spent Jesus wrong.

you still spent jesus wrong.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/f/f0/Facepalm.gif

That. Was. The. Point.

Also, you spelt "spelt", and about a million other words wrong.

then why do you INSIST i allow Catholics? this isn't real life, this is my nation and if i dont want Catholics, it shall be so. stop contradicting yourself.

Because the people, infrastructure, economy, etc. that would be there in real life still is, it's the nations that don't exist.

Mathalamus
Mar 23, 2010, 07:35 PM
Because the people, infrastructure, economy, etc. that would be there in real life still is, it's the nations that don't exist.

Byzantium is completely incompatible with this. its an entirely different nation, entirely different people, different architecture, different large cities, different religions, different anything.

Byzantium is its own country with its own time line, that means everything is overwritten. the countries who you know as turkey, greece, etc, never existed in the first place. there was always a Byzantine state since 330. that means *I* decide whats true and whats not true.

Double A
Mar 23, 2010, 07:46 PM
How does someone just ignore a freakin' facepalm marathon like that!?

Mathalamus
Mar 23, 2010, 07:51 PM
How does someone just ignore a freakin' facepalm marathon like that!?

i realize that i am one of the stupidest members here. facepalms just piss me off needlessly, for my own sake I'm trying to ignore it. trust me my rage is well beyond the range of CivG. I'm quite willing to dish em out though.

Double A
Mar 23, 2010, 07:52 PM
I have a cure for being oblivious to comedy:

Monty. Freaking. Python. All 45 episodes + the 3 movies. And while you're at it, Blackadder and Are You Being Served?

Mathalamus
Mar 23, 2010, 08:16 PM
I have a cure for being oblivious to comedy:

Monty. Freaking. Python. All 45 episodes + the 3 movies. And while you're at it, Blackadder and Are You Being Served?

my sense of humor is quite different than the lot of you, and i want CANADIAN humor, not British ones.

Joecoolyo
Mar 23, 2010, 09:14 PM
Most of this isn't worthy of a response, but I'll try.

i actually tried something like that on Nations. it wasn't pretty. either i sucked at it or the random event theory isn't fun.

This isn't Nations (whatever the hell that is).

and you ahve the high tech industry elusively located in Israel. sorry, you simply CANT produce enough to modernize a country.

You underestimate the power of concentrated industry (and who says Israel is the only one with this industry).

the Arabs may get pissed if you don't support the Great Allah. also you spent Jesus wrong.

Stop being a stereotypical :):):):):):):).

you didn't change the time line, and you simply annexed Allah's land. wrongfully i might add. you still spent jesus wrong. please say it right or it makes you look like an idiot, frankly.

Stop being an :):):):):):):).

pfft. im not scared of you. i can take the Levant, destroy your navy and resist counterattacks and your finished. mostly.

Bring it on.

What choxorn said.

then woudl you mind if i magically brought back my large navy and huge army?

Yes.

Joecoolyo
Mar 23, 2010, 09:15 PM
Actually, I'm just trying to get Yemen and/or Oman. Can't blame me for trying :p

You're sneaky :D

Mathalamus
Mar 23, 2010, 09:39 PM
This isn't Nations (whatever the hell that is).

its a facebook game. the Byzantine Republic i used to have there predates this one. in fact its predates everything i have about my Byzantium.

[QUOTE]You underestimate the power of concentrated industry (and who says Israel is the only one with this industry).

my industry is pretty much everywhere in major cities. in short i can outproduce you. i have 16 major cities in all. Constantinople and Ankara are the largest.

Bring it on.

no. your not worth the effort. Israels area is too small to be have any meaningful impact.

What choxorn said.

wrong. did you miss my big fonts? i activated God mode and had the entire nation copied and brought there. every single blade of grass. if history states that there isnt that many Catholics (would YOU live in a country that had a past history of massacring your own religious/ethnic group?) then there isn't that many. i kept the churches. it was 1453 you know, not everyone was mature, and the emperor wasn't my ancestor.

Yes.

well fine, but my navy is still pretty shorthanded. the final navy stats are this: 9 Aircraft carriers, 36 destroyers, no battleships, ( i read the history of why the battleship got obsolete) and 12 large support ships of various types, 38 small support ships of various types. i think that is the optimal number in defending Byzantium and her one colony.

( note civilian ships aren't included, not even in warfare.)

e350tb
Mar 23, 2010, 09:45 PM
my sense of humor is quite different than the lot of you, and i want CANADIAN humor, not British ones.

*long silence*

THIS MEANS WAR.

I hope Taniciusfox doesn't mind me borrowing his template here.

Country name: The United Kingdom of Great Britain (in exile) and Canada.

Motto: None.

Army: A good, advanced military focusing mainly on armoured conflict. All troops wear the redcoat uniform for the sheer purpose of nostalgia. The main tank of the British Army is the Challenger II.

Air force: Average, as most of it is focused on the Fleet Air Arm.

Navy: Large and advanced (we're the British, remember), with thirteen supercarriers and a good air arm.

Capital: Ottowa.

Development rating: First World

Economic style: Somewhat Socialist.

Political setup: Consitiutional Monarchy.

Social policy: All people are created equal. There are no restrictions to the armed services.

Foreign policy: We will be polite to those who are polite to us, and shall shun those who shun us. Contrary to what the name may suggest, we have no quarrel with the Marian Empire.

I take all of Canada not yet claimed, or, if that's too large, Eastern Canada.

As we speak, two carrier forces under HMS Hermes and Repulse are making thier way for Constantinople for an amphibious landing.

choxorn
Mar 23, 2010, 09:54 PM
You're taking Canada, Eh?

Mathalamus
Mar 23, 2010, 09:55 PM
*long silence*

THIS MEANS WAR.

I hope Taniciusfox doesn't mind me borrowing his template here.

Country name: The United Kingdom of Great Britain (in exile) and Canada.

Motto: None.

Army: A good, advanced military focusing mainly on armoured conflict. All troops wear the redcoat uniform for the sheer purpose of nostalgia. The main tank of the British Army is the Challenger II.

Air force: Average, as most of it is focused on the Fleet Air Arm.

Navy: Large and advanced (we're the British, remember), with thirteen supercarriers and a good air arm.

Capital: Ottowa.

Economic style: Somewhat Socialist.

Political setup: Consitiutional Monarchy.

Social policy: All people are created equal. There are no restrictions to the armed services.

Foreign policy: We will be polite to those who are polite to us, and shall shun those who shun us. Contrary to what the name may suggest, we have no quarrel with the Marian Empire.

I take all of Canada not yet claimed, or, if that's too large, Eastern Canada.

As we speak, two carrier forces under HMS Hermes and Repulse are making their way for Constantinople for an amphibious landing.

your declaring war cause i wanted Canadian humor? i don't even think ill understand British humor.

your tactics are flawed. you cant just waltz to the capital and hope you'll win. the british tried that in WWI and lost badly. plus this is the core area. you'd be insane to take it.

be more mature about this game. now. Byzantium requests that you end this stupid war and will pay you whatever you wish.

e350tb
Mar 23, 2010, 10:03 PM
your declaring war cause i wanted Canadian humor? i don't even think ill understand British humor.

your tactics are flawed. you cant just waltz to the capital and hope you'll win. the british tried that in WWI and lost badly. plus this is the core area. you'd be insane to take it.

be more mature about this game. now. Byzantium requests that you end this stupid war and will pay you whatever you wish.

Put it this way - you are a leader who constantly rewrites his own history, claiming that he is actually changing the timeline in doing so, all the while oppressing the citizenry, telling them what they can and can't do, and snuffing our culture. And no, I'm not stupid enough to land in Constantinople herself, but my fleets are heading in that general direction.

There shall be no payments. This is an offensive of liberation. Prepare for war.

Mathalamus
Mar 23, 2010, 10:09 PM
Put it this way - you are a leader who constantly rewrites his own history, claiming that he is actually changing the timeline in doing so, all the while oppressing the citizenry, telling them what they can and can't do, and snuffing our culture. And no, I'm not stupid enough to land in Constantinople herself, but my fleets are heading in that general direction.

There shall be no payments. This is an offensive of liberation. Prepare for war.

im not oppressing the citizenry. if you actually read you'll note that i don't do this. Byzantium is a work in progress and i can change it at will. i banned twilight for a good reason,, with massive support of the popuation (85% actually) and i didn't snuff your culture, i said i couldn't understand your humor.

know why i HATE nationalist people? yeah. he fits the bill.

sorry sir but i simply out man outproduce and outnumber you. quit now before you embarrass yourself. your invasion force wont even last a day. your tanks are slightly weaker than soviet T-72s. pathetic.

e350tb
Mar 23, 2010, 10:12 PM
sorry sir but i simply out man outproduce and outnumber you. quit now before you embarrass yourself. your invasion force wont even last a day.

We shall see.

(By the way, accusing me of being a nationalist is just a little bit rich coming from the guy who desperatly wants Byzantium to be the world's sole superpower.)

Mathalamus
Mar 23, 2010, 10:15 PM
We shall see.

(By the way, accusing me of being a nationalist is just a little bit rich coming from the guy who desperately wants Byzantium to be the world's sole superpower.)

wrong. again. i currently recognize Carthage, Israel and Choxorn empire as superpowers. im a great power by comparasion. i learned my lesson that Byzantium as a superpower was impossible a long time ago.

Virote_Considon
Mar 23, 2010, 10:15 PM
Due to aforementioned not understanding of British humor (I mean, what's there to understand which is different to any other humor? It's the concepts which are funny, after all!), and recent hostilities directed towards the friendly state of Israel, Perónia will increase all needed arms sales to The United Kingdom of Great Britain (in exile) and Canada

e350tb
Mar 23, 2010, 10:17 PM
The United Kingdom of Great Britain in exile and Canada send it's heartiest thanks.

Mathalamus
Mar 23, 2010, 10:24 PM
Due to aforementioned not understanding of British humor (I mean, what's there to understand which is different to any other humor? It's the concepts which are funny, after all!), and recent hostilities directed towards the friendly state of Israel, Perónia will increase all needed arms sales to The United Kingdom of Great Britain (in exile) and Canada

you...people.... its you people that make me want to snap and break everything.

:):):):) this. i quit. im obviously dealing with total idiots who cannot grasp that im simply more powerful than the rest of you EXCEPT the superpowers i listed above!

i surrender my nation. to Carthage and Israel. the Emperor Vanished. but nothing else changes. ( ill let you two work out the finer details), my armed forces has disbanded, my navy has sailed to Carthage and Israel in the hopes that youw ill use it well.

sorry, but it was either that or go into a mad rant that hasn't been seen since the Hitler Parodies.

... anyone who is smart, which includes at least Carthage and Israel, you guys are cool, and you helped me refine my state. sorry for ending the game like this but i cant take it anymore.

e350tb
Mar 23, 2010, 10:26 PM
Should I take this as a surrender, then?

Mathalamus
Mar 23, 2010, 10:27 PM
Should I take this as a surrender, then?

i did not surrender to you. i surrendered to a third party. wel.. two third parties. sure its a loss in the war, but at least i have peace of mind.

e350tb
Mar 23, 2010, 10:31 PM
But you still quit this war... :p

Mathalamus
Mar 23, 2010, 10:32 PM
But you still quit this war... :p

it was either that or break down for the first time in months. what would you choose?

e350tb
Mar 23, 2010, 10:35 PM
The one that results in me winning, thanks very much.

Should I lampoon all this on DYOS?

Virote_Considon
Mar 23, 2010, 10:36 PM
Dude, how seriously are you taking this game??? No wonder you've been powergaming to much...

choxorn
Mar 23, 2010, 10:36 PM
On an unrelated note, I claim Xinjiang Province, China, home of Uighurs.

Why? Cause I want it, and that's the only reason anyone ever claims anything. :p

Virote_Considon
Mar 23, 2010, 10:42 PM
You'll have to do better than that to garner my support, I'm afraid. Perhaps telling me the economic benefits you wish to gain, or something.

Mad Man
Mar 23, 2010, 10:44 PM
The one that results in me winning, thanks very much.

Should I lampoon all this on DYOS?

as your first order of business, rename Constantinople "New South Canada City":salute:

e350tb
Mar 23, 2010, 10:44 PM
as your first order of business, rename Constantinople "New South Canada City":salute:

It will done done. :D

Mathalamus
Mar 23, 2010, 10:46 PM
do i ahve to repeat myself AGAIN!!?

you dont get the land. Carthage and Israel do. not you. as God, i reverse the name.

taillesskangaru
Mar 23, 2010, 10:48 PM
Official Announcement of the Empire of Carthagistan

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m51/Grenadier_539/CarthageFlag.png

I apologize in advance for the rather serious tone of this post.

DISSOLUTION OF THE BYZANTINE REPUBLIC

Carthagistan acknowledges the dissolution of the Byzantine Republic. The Empire of Carthagistan asserts its rights as one of the two successor states of the Byzantine Republic. The former Byzantine Navy has been welcomed to Carthagistan at the port of Tunis and will be incorporated into our own naval forces. Citizens of Byzantium have the right to a Carthagistani citizenship and passport and to immigrate to Carthagistan.

The settlement of Byzantine territory between Carthagistan and Israel must be decided in view of our respective territorial claims in Australia (see below)

ULTIMATUM TO THE ISRAELI REPUBLIC

If Israel continues to assert its claims over South Australia and Victoria the Carthagistani-Israeli Alliance will be rendered null and void.

Carthagistan will surrender all its rights to Byzantine territory if Israel surrender all its claims in Australia.

e350tb
Mar 23, 2010, 10:49 PM
as God, i reverse the name.

...and you wonder why you get accused of powergaming.

Mad Man
Mar 23, 2010, 10:49 PM
It's to late you already surrendered, now the dirt poor people of Byzantium can have food, medicine, and indoor plumbing.

e350tb
Mar 23, 2010, 10:51 PM
ULTIMATUM TO THE UNITED KINGDOM (IN EXILE)

The United Kingdom will cease all aggression against our ally the Marian Empire, or Carthagistan will have no option but to declare war upon the United Kingdom.

Apologies for the doublepost, but...what aggression? I specifically said we hold them no quarrel.

Mathalamus
Mar 23, 2010, 10:51 PM
Official Announcement of the Empire of Carthagistan

I apologize in advance for the rather serious tone of this post.

DISSOLUTION OF THE BYZANTINE REPUBLIC

Carthagistan acknowledges the dissolution of the Byzantine Republic. The Empire of Carthagistan asserts its rights as one of the two successor states of the Byzantine Republic. The former Byzantine Navy has been welcomed to Carthagistan at the port of Tunis and will be incorporated into our own naval forces. Citizens of Byzantium have the right to a Carthagistani citizenship and passport and to immigrate to Carthagistan.

The settlement of Byzantine territory between Carthagistan and Israel must be decided in view of our respective territorial claims in Australia (see below)

ULTIMATUM TO THE ISRAELI REPUBLIC

If Israel continues to assert its claims over South Australia and Victoria the Carthagistani-Israeli Alliance will be rendered null and void.

Carthagistan will surrender all its rights to Byzantine territory if Israel surrender all its claims in Australia.

ULTIMATUM TO THE UNITED KINGDOM (IN EXILE)

The United Kingdom will cease all aggression against our ally the Marian Empire, or Carthagistan will have no option but to declare war upon the United Kingdom.

jolly good. you've just gained a lot of industry and people. i hope my former territory is profitable.

taillesskangaru
Mar 23, 2010, 10:54 PM
Apologies for the doublepost, but...what aggression? I specifically said we hold them no quarrel.

We apologize for the mix up.

e350tb
Mar 23, 2010, 10:54 PM
We apologize for the mix up.

Not a problem. I hope our nations will enjoy good relations in future.

DroopyTofu
Mar 23, 2010, 10:59 PM
I'm back everyone! I'm having a little trouble catching up on 20+ pages of arguing over stupid things, so could someone please give me a recap of anything important (especially to my country) that happened in the past week. Thanks!

Oh, welcome to all new players!

taillesskangaru
Mar 23, 2010, 11:03 PM
jolly good. you've just gained a lot of industry and people. i hope my former territory is profitable.

All Byzantine territory will be turned over to the Israeli Republic should they renounce all their claims in Australia.

In related news, the Empire of Carthagistan has just issued a Level 2 Mobilization Order. All active and reserve military personnel are to report to their HQs. All sections of the Armed Forces are to be at their maximum war readiness.

There are 5 levels of Mobilization in Carthagistan. Level 1 refers to heightened readiness in response to civil unrest, international tension or elevated terrorist threat. Level 2 is preparation for a full-scale war. Level 3 mobilization is only issued in a war. Level 4 is a state of total war. At level 5 all citizens will be called on to defend the homeland.

SonicTH
Mar 23, 2010, 11:05 PM
I'm back everyone! I'm having a little trouble catching up on 20+ pages of arguing over stupid things, so could someone please give me a recap of anything important (especially to my country) that happened in the past week. Thanks!

Oh, welcome to all new players!

World War I. Everybody ganged up on the USA in exchange for them attacking the Panama Canal.

Some offered you the chance to defect from the USA's side to the pro-UN side, as well.

As a recap of myself: My sanity has taken a vacation. It's a paiiiiin to keep up with this, managing all the crap, doing all my homework, looking out for my own nation's self-interest(as mentioned before, I regret ever deciding to start so humbly, given the massive amount of claims spam we're suffering from), and all the other things.

I wish I could delegate the administrative privileges to somebody else, or rather, close this game and start a new one, one that would be far more balanced and better, after the learning experience this has been for me.

Mad Man
Mar 23, 2010, 11:09 PM
World War I. Everybody ganged up on the USA in exchange for them attacking the Panama Canal.

Some offered you the chance to defect from the USA's side to the pro-UN side, as well.

As a recap of myself: My sanity has taken a vacation. It's a paiiiiin to keep up with this, managing all the crap, doing all my homework, looking out for my own nation's self-interest(as mentioned before, I regret ever deciding to start so humbly, given the massive amount of claims spam we're suffering from), and all the other things.

I wish I could delegate the administrative privileges to somebody else, or rather, close this game and start a new one, one that would be far more balanced and better, after the learning experience this has been for me.

I'll support your decision to start fresh, but in the meantime I'd like to rejoin as Sparta if thats possible.

DroopyTofu
Mar 23, 2010, 11:11 PM
If WWI is still live, then I decide to stay neutral. (Sorry, Omega, I don't want to get dogpiled). I just checked the end of the UN thread, and it says that Byzantium was dead. They were my former ally, so I'm now in the market for a new ally. Anyone interested? BTW, I'm not becoming Communist.

Is the map on the first page accurate?

Thanks Taniciusfox!

SonicTH
Mar 23, 2010, 11:11 PM
I'll support your decision to start fresh, but in the meantime I'd like to rejoin as Sparta if thats possible.

Since Mathalamus is God and willed all his territory to Israel/Carthagistan, I don't think that's possible. Sorry. :(

SonicTH
Mar 23, 2010, 11:13 PM
If WWI is still live, then I decide to stay neutral. (Sorry, Omega, I don't want to get dogpiled). I just checked the end of the UN thread, and it says that Byzantium was dead. They were my former ally, so I'm now in the market for a new ally. Anyone interested? BTW, I'm not becoming Communist.

Is the map on the first page accurate?

Thanks Taniciusfox!

More or less, yes. I still need to add the claims, but chances are it'll stay the same. I think Israel will be happy to give you all those states now that you've defected from the American side.

The Marian Empire would like the CSA as an ally, to secure the flanks of it's allies in California, and also as a potential resistance against socialism if it spreads too far and wide.

Mad Man
Mar 23, 2010, 11:14 PM
what about as "Giant City Eating Robots from the Oceans Dephs"?

SonicTH
Mar 23, 2010, 11:15 PM
what about as "Giant City Eating Robots from the Oceans Dephs"?

... :lol:

Possibly could be included... if the robots aren't too gamey and WMD-esque, yes. :p

Question is, where the hell would it be located? :lol:

Virote_Considon
Mar 23, 2010, 11:16 PM
Brazil's a nice big nation which could contain everything you need...

taillesskangaru
Mar 23, 2010, 11:19 PM

Since Mathalamus is God and willed all his territory to Israel/Carthagistan, I don't think that's possible. Sorry. :(

Carthagistan will grant independence to Sparta if we are given Greece in the territorial settlement.

If not, then you'll have to negotiate with the Israelis.

Mad Man
Mar 23, 2010, 11:22 PM
... :lol:

Possibly could be included... if the robots aren't too gamey and WMD-esque, yes. :p

Question is, where the hell would it be located? :lol:

My proposal is for the giant city eating robots to not be players but to enforce UN resolutions and counter power gaming, and they'd be living deep under the ocean just like in RL;)

Mad Man
Mar 23, 2010, 11:26 PM
Carthagistan will grant independence to Sparta if we are given Greece in the territorial settlement.

If not, then you'll have to negotiate with the Israelis.

I only want the green parts247397

CivGeneral
Mar 24, 2010, 04:38 AM
Wow, so much has happened while I was asleep. The NCR joyfully supports the dissalusion of the so called Byzantine Empire. Kudos to e350tb, you've earned yourself a medal! :D. As a reward, expect to see a shipment of New Californian Republic laser rifles and pistols E350tb :D :thumbsup:

http://knowyourmeme.com/system/icons/1253/original/everything_went_better_than_expected.jpg

Also Spongebob would get one to in the DYOS! :D

smelly this. i quit. im obviously dealing with total idiots who cannot grasp that im simply more powerful than the rest of you EXCEPT the superpowers i listed above!

aGfDn8W2Zwg

Fifty
Mar 24, 2010, 05:37 AM
This game just got so much better!!!!!

e350tb
Mar 24, 2010, 05:41 AM
Wow, so much has happened while I was asleep. The NCR joyfully supports the dissalusion of the so called Byzantine Empire. Kudos to e350tb, you've earned yourself a medal! :D. As a reward, expect to see a shipment of New Californian Republic laser rifles and pistols E350tb :D :thumbsup:

We send our utmost thanks for all gifts, and declare today a day of celebration in the name of Internation Harmony and lack of Powergamers.

Joecoolyo
Mar 24, 2010, 06:01 AM
Oh wow, a lot can go on we you're asleep!

As for Carthagistan. It's a deal! You'll get Australia, and I'll take Byzantium.

And whoever wanted Sparta, No. I hate ugly borders.

http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx313/Carwrex/IsraeliRepublicnationalflag-1-1.png?t=1269432095

Mathalamus
Mar 24, 2010, 07:46 AM
Oh wow, a lot can go on we you're asleep!

As for Carthagistan. It's a deal! You'll get Australia, and I'll take Byzantium.

And whoever wanted Sparta, No. I hate ugly borders.

http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx313/Carwrex/IsraeliRepublicnationalflag-1-1.png?t=1269432095

yeah now you have an utterly massive industrial base and 265 million additional people. and half my navy. ( the BRS Enterprise went to Carthage). be sure to treat Constantinople well.

meanwhile i'm just hanging out in Carthage. ill get a job as a historian there.

Double A
Mar 24, 2010, 01:21 PM

I'm American. Stop being so freaking racist when it comes to humor.

By the way, that was sarcasm.

Mathalamus
Mar 24, 2010, 01:23 PM

I'm American. Stop being so freaking racist when it comes to humor.

By the way, that was sarcasm.

normally i cant see why this is sarcasm unless you tell me.

im actually a lot more racist. i just keep it in check here.

Double A
Mar 24, 2010, 01:28 PM
Oh, in that case, it wasn't sarcasm.

Joecoolyo
Mar 24, 2010, 02:40 PM
yeah now you have an utterly massive industrial base and 265 million additional people. and half my navy. ( the BRS Enterprise went to Carthage). be sure to treat Constantinople well.

meanwhile i'm just hanging out in Carthage. ill get a job as a historian there.

Yes, and in light of the recent riots, I am buffing up my army from my previous 700,000 (I canceled the Iranian Modernization Act in response to this) to 1.3 million men. My army will only be this size for the duration of the unrest in Byzantium. Once that's over, I'll reduce it 1 million.

Oh, and btw, as a big thank you gift, we'll give you citizenship in Israel for free. So now you can travel between Carthagistan and Israel, without having to apply for citizenship and such.

Mathalamus
Mar 24, 2010, 02:55 PM
Yes, and in light of the recent riots, I am buffing up my army from my previous 700,000 (I canceled the Iranian Modernization Act in response to this) to 1.3 million men. My army will only be this size for the duration of the unrest in Byzantium. Once that's over, I'll reduce it 1 million.

Oh, and btw, as a big thank you gift, we'll give you citizenship in Israel for free. So now you can travel between Carthagistan and Israel, without having to apply for citizenship and such.

thank you sir. if your people are revolting, maybe you should address the issue, not send more solders.

Double A
Mar 24, 2010, 04:31 PM
Is CFC done burping?

choxorn
Mar 24, 2010, 04:35 PM
So, who wanted what parts of Australia, again?

Mathalamus
Mar 24, 2010, 04:38 PM

Carthage and Israel. Carthage got all fo Australia in return for half of Byzantium.

Joecoolyo
Mar 24, 2010, 04:49 PM

Me and tailless struck a deal. He gets all of Australia, while I get all of Byzantium.

Double A
Mar 24, 2010, 04:49 PM
Do I get anything besides Marlaware?

Joecoolyo
Mar 24, 2010, 04:50 PM
thank you sir. if your people are revolting, maybe you should address the issue, not send more solders.

Check the other thread for my response ;)

choxorn
Mar 24, 2010, 04:53 PM
I think someone else wanted something in Australia, too.

taillesskangaru
Mar 24, 2010, 05:59 PM
I think someone else wanted something in Australia, too.

e350TB will be getting New South Wales and Queensland. The Marians get Tasmania. I get the rest.

SonicTH
Mar 24, 2010, 06:10 PM
Aww... and here we wanted to indulge the secessionists of the Auralia Party in Western Australia...

Ah well. : ( Tasmania will do.

taillesskangaru
Mar 24, 2010, 06:11 PM
This one has a flag, so it's important.

Conference of Sydney - Latest Proposal

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m51/Grenadier_539/divisionofaustralia.png

Yellow - Carthagistan
Red - United Kingdom
Black - Marian Empire

Secondary Proposal - to the United Kingdom

We'd like New South Wales and Canberra from the United Kingdom in the interest of aesthetics. Seeing as you originally asked for Canberra, you'd still end up with Queensland which is a million times bigger and more significant that Canberra can ever be. Would this interest the United Kingdom?

Double A
Mar 24, 2010, 06:17 PM
Here I am, playing the ignorant American card, with no idea what you are talking about.

Double A
Mar 24, 2010, 06:21 PM
Are we expected to periodically update our first post?

taillesskangaru
Mar 24, 2010, 06:23 PM
Here I am, playing the ignorant American card, with no idea what you are talking about.

Canberra is a planned capital city/camp located between Sydney and Melbourne in the middle of nowhere and generally well-known as being boring.

Double A
Mar 24, 2010, 06:27 PM
Like... Ohio boring?

taillesskangaru
Mar 24, 2010, 06:34 PM
Like... Ohio boring?

Well, the United States sucks in general. ;)

There's my daily Australian America-Sucks statement

choxorn
Mar 24, 2010, 06:37 PM
What are you talking about? USA #1!

Double A
Mar 24, 2010, 06:47 PM
We do suck. Please, go ahead and destroy our head politicians (except Ron Paul and his son).

e350tb
Mar 24, 2010, 07:35 PM
In response to Carthage's proposal...

Alright then, you can have New South Wales. (After all, that means I don't have to have Sydney.)

Mad Man
Mar 24, 2010, 07:38 PM
Sparta declares Independence from Israel!

Name:Kingdom of Sparta

Flag:this247489

Government:Military Junta with monarchical elements

Population:1,180,389

Army:Very Large

Navy:Very Small

Air Force: Very Medium

Color:Dark Green

Double A
Mar 24, 2010, 07:41 PM
There's already a...

Wait, damn.

http://rhml.lib.mo.us/Joshua%20S/images/stormtrooper.jpg
Move along.

Joecoolyo
Mar 24, 2010, 07:44 PM
I declare war on Sparta. Really bad decision Mad Man, esp. since I just expanded my army and most of it's in Byzantium.

Because of this, almost no travel time is needed.

My forces land on the entire northern border of Sparta (everything in between Korinthos and Patra).

See you in the battles thread!

http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx313/Carwrex/IsraeliRepublicnationalflag-1-1.png?t=1269481470

Mathalamus
Mar 24, 2010, 07:46 PM
Sparta declares Independence from Israel!

Name:Kingdom of Sparta

Flag:this247489

Government:Military Junta with monarchical elements

Population:1,180,389

Army:Very Large

Navy:Very Small

Air Force: Very Medium

Color:Dark Green

hmm lets see.. nope. Corinth is a major city with 6.5 million people. your popualtion woudl realistically be around 10 million in jsut sparta. good luck surviving.

Defunct Byzantine Emperor
Barabas IV condemns Sparta for its independence, and says: we did NOT spend 1700 years maintaining a unified Greek state only for you to tear it all up again! Sparta, recall your independence, now.

*Barabas IV flies to Jerusalem to enlist as a general. seriously. i took military schooling at Constantinople.*

way to go Joe, keep the Greek province unified.

Joecoolyo
Mar 24, 2010, 07:50 PM
hmm lets see.. nope. Corinth is a major city with 6.5 million people. your popualtion woudl realistically be around 10 million in jsut sparta. good luck surviving.

Defunct Byzantine Emperor
Barabas IV condemns Sparta for its independence, and says: we did NOT spend 1700 years maintaining a unified Greek state only for you to tear it all up again! Sparta, recall your independence, now.

*Barabas IV flies to Jerusalem to enlist as a general. seriously. i took military schooling at Constantinople.*

way to go Joe, keep the Greek province unified.

Thank you! I assign you in charge of the leading invasion forces, since my best generals are already fighting in the Battle for Boston.

Mad Man
Mar 24, 2010, 07:50 PM
Nope, I stopped you at Corinth as I claimed all of Peloponnese in my proposal a couple of posts back, or is that what your saying?

Joecoolyo
Mar 24, 2010, 07:55 PM
Nope, I stopped you at Corinth as I claimed all of Peloponnese in my proposal a couple of posts back, or is that what your saying?

Yeah, basically this is where my forces are invading (sorry for the city names in my previous post, I used google maps :) ).

http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx313/Carwrex/invasion.jpg?t=1269482077

Mad Man
Mar 24, 2010, 07:58 PM
OK, see you on the dice rolling thread:cool:

Double A
Mar 24, 2010, 08:40 PM
Yeah, that would be Corinth and friends.

taillesskangaru
Mar 25, 2010, 01:01 AM
In response to Carthage's proposal...

Alright then, you can have New South Wales. (After all, that means I don't have to have Sydney.)

Yes! Thank you!

My first decision will be to destroy Sydney save for its city center and resettle its inhabitants. I'll let Camikaze stay if he ask nicely.

e350tb
Mar 25, 2010, 01:31 AM
Yes! Thank you!

My first decision will be to destroy Sydney save for its city center and resettle its inhabitants. I'll let Camikaze stay if he ask nicely.

Can I watch?

taillesskangaru
Mar 25, 2010, 10:11 PM
No posts for almost 24 hours! :eek:

Joecoolyo
Mar 25, 2010, 10:16 PM
No posts for almost 24 hours! :eek:

Damn dude, you beat me to it! I was going to wait till tomorrow to post this... I mean, this must be a record er something.

e350tb
Mar 25, 2010, 11:09 PM
Just so that something may happen, New Britain would like to claim Indonesia.

choxorn
Mar 26, 2010, 01:23 AM
I did that like 20 pages ago. :p

Stylesrj
Mar 26, 2010, 02:14 AM
After finally reading through all these threads, I'm going to join now:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a281/stylesrj/Other/Galava/ImperiumMap.png
(It's that bright yellow spot somewhere in the middle of South America...)

Country name: Nethoslan

Motto: "Strike the Earth!"

Population: 15 million

Army: 20k Spearmen. Each carries an AK-74 assault rifle and have shields and armour made of a strong titanium/kevlar alloy.
When in combat, they primarily use their assault rifles at long range, and their spears at close range, sometimes even affixed with high power explosives in order to burst down armoured divisions.

Many of the outlying towns and fortresses however rely on a milita-based army though, armed with whatever weapons they can use. The militia is taught to be resourceful and resistant to enemy attacks, using hit and run tactics to destroy their foes rather than frontal assault.

Air force: Roughly 100 Giant Beetles (Attack bombers. Insect chitin is pretty damned tough on its own, now imagine it enlarged) and 200 Giant Eagles (recon.) There was a genetics program a while back that tried to increase the size of insects and birds, with some success, but in low numbers. It will take several more years before a literal swarm or flock can be made in sufficient numbers for a full replacement of the airforce.
Nethoslan does have several conventional fighter aircraft, mostly imported from other countries who could sell their aircraft to such a nation (est. 500 fighters of various designs and types)

Navy: Landlocked. So no ships. Not even on loan.

Capital: Elathu Asada

Economic style: Many outlying fortresses and towns rely on a medieval-like barter system, but in more centralised areas, there is a capitalistic society going on with people doing honest work for honest pay (while the rich sit back and enjoy their amassed wealth)

Economy and Industry: Efforts have been made to bring outlying areas into the folds of Capitalism, but many can get complacent with their bartering model.
There is a small, yet strong metal industry in the central areas of Nethoslan, where titanium ores are dug up and processed into titanium constructions.
Food is mostly grown on open land where it can be grown and in experimental hydroponics farms.

The economy is relatively stable, after having just come out of a major recession that cost many Nethoslanian citizens their jobs.

Primary technologies rely mostly on genetics research for better food and people and on designing new and effective defenses, such as armour.

Political setup: Democracy. Leaders are elected every three years by the people. A leader can take as many terms as they like, as long as the people are willing to accept them in the elections. Outlying areas have a similar system for their politicians and representatives, with larger areas having more people to send.

Social policy: Everyone is treated fairly, and anyone can do any job as long as they have the skills. Freedom of speech and the press are prevalent and recently the current government repealed the restrictions on public nudity and drug laws, making them easier to purchase in your local pharmacy and seriously cuts into the profits of the black markets for such things.

Foreign policy: Import and export trades are quite welcome, but they mostly are done by cargo plane or convoy of ground-based vehicles due to a lack of a seaport. Nethoslanians are not willing to attack other countries, but will defend themselves if needed.

How's that?
Yes, that means we can have :spear:
Although in this case, it's justified. C-4 on a stick :)

Virote_Considon
Mar 26, 2010, 04:17 AM
Perónia widthdraws its diplomats from Mogadishu in protest over the Falklands dispute.

Nethoslan does have several conventional fighter aircraft, mostly imported from other countries who could sell their aircraft to such a nation (est. 500 fighters of various designs and types)

Pleasure doing business with you!

Stylesrj
Mar 26, 2010, 04:25 AM
Pleasure doing business with you!

Thank you :)

Once we got the whole insect business sorted out, we'll start the cloning of dinosaurs. The world will tremble once they see Nethoslan's mighty T-Rex riders!

taillesskangaru
Mar 26, 2010, 04:27 AM
Thank you :)

Once we got the whole insect business sorted out, we'll start the cloning of dinosaurs. The world will tremble once they see Nethoslan's mighty T-Rex riders!

We see that Nethoslan have been established on Brazilian territory claimed by Carthagistan. We will look the other way provided you give us a T-Rex.

Virote_Considon
Mar 26, 2010, 04:34 AM
Where have you claimed Brazil? I see no claim for Brazil!

SonicTH
Mar 26, 2010, 05:02 AM
...The fact I just walked into another international incident waiting to happen reinforces the need to establish Imperium Offtopicum 2.0.

taillesskangaru
Mar 26, 2010, 05:08 AM
Where have you claimed Brazil? I see no claim for Brazil!

UN thread

I even posted a flag!

Stylesrj
Mar 26, 2010, 05:15 AM
Hey, I only look at the map and make my decision there!

Don't blame me for using an inaccurate map.

We will look the other way provided you give us a T-Rex.

Like I said, you'll have to wait for the insect and bird genetics program to work itself out first :)

Mathalamus
Mar 26, 2010, 09:45 AM
...isn't cloning normally banned? oh well. it helps combat starvation ( if you clone cows and other food animals) so ill add that to my Byzantine Republic. the other one, not the one here.

and also on a lighter note, i completely forgot to claim Crimea because i noticed that Sevastopol is one of the larger cities. oh well. what happens happens. ( Crimea, never been claimed does not have Byzantine Defenses or related items.)

Joecoolyo
Mar 26, 2010, 10:08 AM
...The fact I just walked into another international incident waiting to happen reinforces the need to establish Imperium Offtopicum 2.0.

I wouldn't mind this, if it made your life easier Tanicious. As for now, if anything breaks out over Brazil, I'm on Carthargistan's side.

Virote_Considon
Mar 26, 2010, 11:45 AM
I wouldn't mind this, if it made your life easier Tanicious. As for now, if anything breaks out over Brazil, I'm on Carthargistan's side.

Nice to see where ones' allies stand.

Joecoolyo
Mar 26, 2010, 12:03 PM
Nice to see where ones' allies stand.

As in if something breaks out with that newly formed state in Brazil (Nethoslan) and Carthargistan. If it breaks out between Peronia and Carthagistan, then I won't take any sides and stay neutral.

Virote_Considon
Mar 26, 2010, 12:05 PM
I stand corrected...

Joecoolyo
Mar 26, 2010, 04:02 PM
I don't want to bug you too much Tanicious (I know you're busy and all), but the map on the front page has to be updated. Though as of now, the only things I see that need to be changed are my inheritance of the Byzantines (I now own all of their lands), the Spartan independence movement (which shouldn't last for long :mwaha:), and the division of Oceanistan.

Stylesrj
Mar 26, 2010, 04:14 PM
...isn't cloning normally banned? oh well. it helps combat starvation ( if you clone cows and other food animals) so ill add that to my Byzantine Republic. the other one, not the one here.

Cloning is one part of genetic engineering. We're not focusing on cloning specifically.
We're focusing on modifying organic lifeforms.

Mathalamus
Mar 26, 2010, 04:34 PM
Cloning is one part of genetic engineering. We're not focusing on cloning specifically.
We're focusing on modifying organic lifeforms.

why modify when you can clone a good 10,000 of it? T-Rex is a pretty good protein source. i think.

Stylesrj
Mar 26, 2010, 04:37 PM
First we have to make the T-Rex... and then make sure to only use frogs that can't change gender... we've seen the movies.

Double A
Mar 26, 2010, 10:07 PM
Perónia widthdraws its diplomats from Mogadishu in protest over the Falklands dispute.

*cut cut cut*

Now look what you made me do to my perfect wrists!

SonicTH
Mar 27, 2010, 04:48 AM
Alright, map updated. I shall now resume hiding. *dives back into the water like a SeaWing/SkyWing*

Stylesrj
Mar 27, 2010, 04:57 AM
It's "Nethoslan"

Use Copy+Paste more often :D

*dives back into the water like a SeaWing/SkyWing*

You're not getting past this ship!

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090709195601/cnc/images/3/32/AssaultDestroyer_RA3_Art1.jpg

Double A
Mar 27, 2010, 11:32 AM
Yeah not such a great idea to ban nukes NOW, is it?

Mathalamus
Mar 27, 2010, 11:49 AM
I don't want to bug you too much Tanicious (I know you're busy and all), but the map on the front page has to be updated. Though as of now, the only things I see that need to be changed are my inheritance of the Byzantines (I now own all of their lands), the Spartan independence movement (which shouldn't last for long :mwaha:), and the division of Oceanistan.

hey joe, after Sparta is unified under Israeli rule, and seeing that i have no more use here, im gonna retire from the military and be the governor of the Istanbul Province. you can call me back to the military at any time though.

choxorn
Mar 27, 2010, 01:29 PM
Alright, map updated. I shall now resume hiding. *dives back into the water like a SeaWing/SkyWing*

Why does Oceanistan still exist? :p

Joecoolyo
Mar 27, 2010, 04:17 PM
hey joe, after Sparta is unified under Israeli rule, and seeing that i have no more use here, im gonna retire from the military and be the governor of the Istanbul Province. you can call me back to the military at any time though.

Ok! :goodjob:

Mathalamus
Mar 28, 2010, 03:39 PM
Governor Barabas has requested Israel Review the following (classified) Byzantine military technologies:

Carrier planes (large planes that can carry up to 50 planes each, very expensive)

Death Projector Siege engine ( first directed energy weapon, using a chain reaction theory, nearly completed. the siege engine comes with its own small nuclear reactor and capable of shots of up to one Gigawatt. the idea is that you shoot it at something and it explodes. it is capable of a rotating attack and the degree of rotation can be controlled)

Mad Man
Mar 28, 2010, 05:10 PM
Ok! :goodjob:

I suggest you pull out of Peloponnese or Sparta will be forced in to using it's doomsday weapon, a Giant "Shamwow" that we'll dip into the ocean to soak up the worlds water supply, we won't even need to apply any pressure, I don't know it sells it's self:mischief:.

Mathalamus
Mar 28, 2010, 05:18 PM
I suggest you pull out of Peloponnese or Sparta will be forced in to using it's doomsday weapon, a Giant "Shamwow" that we'll dip into the ocean to soak up the worlds water supply, we won't even need to apply any pressure, I don't know it sells it's self:mischief:.

...yyeeeeaah... on behalf of everyone on the planet, your not allowed to use that weapon. ever. do so, and you kill everyone. including your own people.

Mad Man
Mar 28, 2010, 05:35 PM
thats the point if you keep attacking me I'll be forced to use the deadly sham wow, oh and for every post that the war continues, I'll have him blow up a hospital:mwaha:247893

Mathalamus
Mar 28, 2010, 05:38 PM
the general ( remember im an Israeli general, later a governor for this game) groans in disgust and orders a sniper to snipe him. it works.

Sparta you had better surrender.

Mad Man
Mar 28, 2010, 05:48 PM
Frankie says relax, I'm not done attacking the world with dated pop culture references.

Double A
Mar 28, 2010, 07:59 PM
Governor Barabas has requested Israel Review the following (classified) Byzantine military technologies:

Carrier planes (large planes that can carry up to 50 planes each, very expensive)

Death Projector Siege engine ( first directed energy weapon, using a chain reaction theory, nearly completed. the siege engine comes with its own small nuclear reactor and capable of shots of up to one Gigawatt. the idea is that you shoot it at something and it explodes. it is capable of a rotating attack and the degree of rotation can be controlled)

Yeah well my Death Projector Siege engine is capable of shots of up to 1.21 jigawatts!

Mathalamus
Mar 28, 2010, 08:25 PM
Yeah well my Death Projector Siege engine is capable of shots of up to 1.21 jigawatts!

except that it teleports to an unknown time. the Byzantine Republic has been working on this since 1994. trust me its more reliable than yours ever will.

its not a really good siege engine you know, its barely mobile, requires a fair amount of uranium to keep it powered, and the recharge cycle takes hours, not suitable for hilly terrian and it can be destroyed with an equal amount of energy acting on it. i dont know what produces one gigawatt of energy.

you can mount it on a shuttle or something and it'll be a beam weapon. a bad one.

Joecoolyo
Mar 28, 2010, 08:34 PM

I don't have the money, plus that just sounds tactically unsound.

Oh yeah! Well, I'll counter that by throwing your advertising guy in jail!

http://z.about.com/d/weirdnews/1/0/b/J/-/-/sham-Wow-Vince-Shlomi-mug-shot.jpg

He "beat up" a hooker ;)

Mathalamus
Mar 28, 2010, 08:58 PM
I don't have the money, plus that just sounds tactically unsound.

its supposed to be tactically unsound. this is experimental technology. and you don't need to supply any money, ill pay for the these costs.

choxorn
Mar 28, 2010, 11:51 PM

Can I have a copy to power my Delorean Time Machine?

e350tb
Mar 29, 2010, 12:04 AM
Can I have a copy to power my Delorean Time Machine?

Why bother? Mathamalus will assume you're taking this as seriously as he is and tell you why it doesn't work unless it's Byzantine.

choxorn
Mar 29, 2010, 12:05 AM
I stole it from the Byzantines and improved the design, then. :smug:

Mathalamus
Mar 29, 2010, 12:12 AM
I stole it from the Byzantines and improved the design, then. :smug:

the Byzantines don't have a time machine. we never even designed it in the first place. we see no need to meddle with our suspiciously perfect history.

you can invent your own time machines, just use it responsibly. seriously.

by the way i refine Byzantine technological levels to the 2030s. a bit more advanced but nothing radical. and... i'm a big terminator fan.

Stylesrj
Mar 29, 2010, 03:00 PM
A directed energy weapon that uses chain reactions? Like the Proton Collider?

Nethoslan reports an accident in one of the bio labs. A large swarm of man-sized beetles had escaped and flew northwards. The government is urging that if you see such insects to capture them alive and send them back to Nethoslan. If you have to kill them, be careful as their armoured carapaces can withstand small arms fire. Corpses are to be brought back to Nethoslan as well for autopsies.

Time is of the essence as they may start breeding and become a larger, uncontrolled swarm that could destroy crops and even people directly, making them more deadly than locusts!

Mad Man
Mar 29, 2010, 03:05 PM
Sparta dips giant shamwow into the ocean, everybody is dead and its time to start the next game.

Mathalamus
Mar 29, 2010, 03:26 PM
A directed energy weapon that uses chain reactions? Like the Proton Collider?

Nethoslan reports an accident in one of the bio labs. A large swarm of man-sized beetles had escaped and flew northwards. The government is urging that if you see such insects to capture them alive and send them back to Nethoslan. If you have to kill them, be careful as their armoured carapaces can withstand small arms fire. Corpses are to be brought back to Nethoslan as well for autopsies.

Time is of the essence as they may start breeding and become a larger, uncontrolled swarm that could destroy crops and even people directly, making them more deadly than locusts!

nice man. real nice. why was this accident ALLOWED to happen? dont they normally have 500 different backups to prevent those stuff?

by the way a beetle fitting your description entered a Constantinople suburb ( must be one of the stupid ones) and promptly died under a heavy barrage of Israeli military fire. Governor Barabas ordered the corpse preserved, studied, and then released back to their origin.

Stylesrj
Mar 29, 2010, 03:27 PM
The ShamWOW turns out to be a large WOWSham.
Unlike the ShamWOW, the WOWSham does not work!

Besides, Nethoslan uses underground aquifiers for water...

nice man. real nice. why was this accident ALLOWED to happen? dont they normally have 500 different backups to prevent those stuff?

We should have went with 501 backups...

by the way a beetle fitting your description entered a Constantinople suburb ( must be one of the stupid ones) and promptly died under a heavy barrage of Israeli military fire. Governor Barabas ordered the corpse preserved, studied, and then released back to their origin.

Thanks. Nethoslan will hopefully be able to get something useful out of what little remains of the insect...

Joecoolyo
Mar 29, 2010, 09:51 PM
Sparta dips giant shamwow into the ocean, everybody is dead and its time to start the next game.

Bu-bu-but I threw your shamwow dude in jail!

Mathalamus
Mar 29, 2010, 09:54 PM

its ok. i wanted to start a new game anyway, i kinda wanted to be the leader of an independent state again.

Mad Man
Mar 29, 2010, 10:03 PM
That's it, i'm starting the next thread.

Edit: never mind I don't know what I'm doing

Stylesrj
Mar 30, 2010, 01:48 AM

You don't need Vince to sell the ShamWOW.
Just trade show people...

Of course, it was just a WOWSham, and not a ShamWOW...

Mad Man
Mar 30, 2010, 02:03 AM
No it was a real shamwow and we're all going to die a slow painful death now thanks to joecoolyo and his partner in crime Mathalamus.

SonicTH
Mar 30, 2010, 02:11 AM
That's it, i'm starting the next thread.

Edit: never mind I don't know what I'm doing

The great Annex approves of your decision. As he has already finished occupying Poland and thus has nothing better to do, he has been appointed messenger by TaniciusFox, who is currently suffering from some degree of insanity, hence his inability to use capital letters!

He would like Annex to say not to start the next game, please, though they are of course free to start a different NES if they so wish. If they do start a new game however, he wishes them luck in the administrative burden, and hopes they will not commit suicide by curling iron.

He would also like for Annex to point out that there are several current ideas planned for the working title Imperium Offtopicum 2.0 - an Earth map meant to be more fair, or a fantasy map meant to be realistic, but at the same time lessen limits to an extent.

Mad Man
Mar 30, 2010, 02:15 AM
I say we use this map as a template248008

SonicTH
Mar 30, 2010, 02:26 AM
I say we use this map as a template248008

Annex says that this was actually one of Taniciusfox's ideas, though he'd have a little bit more tweaks to make it more amusing. :)

Mad Man
Mar 30, 2010, 02:32 AM
what did he have in mind?

SonicTH
Mar 30, 2010, 02:42 AM
what did he have in mind?

*reads the list Taniciusfox wrote up*

-A simple die system, one where you only rolled for yourself and not for your foes, to minimise risk of distortion.
-A barebones economic system
-Economic strength would be tied to how much of an army can be bought/maintained
-More applications of naval and air strength
-One's military options would affect one's rate of expansion
-There would be infrastructure and technology areas that one could level up in as one gained money, and these would increase economic strength(infra), or military power(tech).
-The UN would be completely differently and mostly without teeth, preventing - for the most part - alliance-line voting/claims spam

Mad Man
Mar 30, 2010, 02:49 AM
with the die system there should be a penalty for rolling sixes three times in a row to prevent cheating.

SonicTH
Mar 30, 2010, 02:51 AM
with the die system there should be a penalty for rolling sixes three times in a row to prevent cheating.

Taniciusfox has regained his sanity and has stopped derailing his own thread, yet, being lazy, has delegated me to continue posting on his behalf... :rolleyes:

He says that this is a good idea, nonetheless. :D

Mathalamus
Mar 30, 2010, 12:56 PM
*reads the list Taniciusfox wrote up*

-A simple die system, one where you only rolled for yourself and not for your foes, to minimise risk of distortion.
-A barebones economic system
-Economic strength would be tied to how much of an army can be bought/maintained
-More applications of naval and air strength
-One's military options would affect one's rate of expansion
-There would be infrastructure and technology areas that one could level up in as one gained money, and these would increase economic strength(infra), or military power(tech).
-The UN would be completely differently and mostly without teeth, preventing - for the most part - alliance-line voting/claims spam

that would still make me one of the stronger powers.

SonicTH
Mar 30, 2010, 12:59 PM
that would still make me one of the stronger powers.

Power would mostly be determined by seniority, as everyone would more or less have equal chance at expansion into certain provinces each turn, the number determined by their current capabilities/economic strength/military strength.

So unless you were one of the first people to join the game, I don't see how that makes you one of the stronger powers...

Owen Glyndwr
Mar 30, 2010, 01:03 PM
Power would mostly be determined by seniority, as everyone would more or less have equal chance at expansion into certain provinces each turn, the number determined by their current capabilities/economic strength/military strength.

So unless you were one of the first people to join the game, I don't see how that makes you one of the stronger powers...

Can I have my old country when we restart?

Mathalamus
Mar 30, 2010, 01:19 PM

i was one of the first members.

Mad Man
Mar 30, 2010, 01:26 PM
New thread people, don't blow your chance to be one of the first!

SonicTH
Mar 30, 2010, 07:56 PM
Can I have my old country when we restart?

I'm not administering IOT 3, so I'm not sure. ;)

Now that the IOT project has been taken over by someone else, I'll be focusing my energies on another NES project whenever the time frees itself up. Not sure if I want a fantasy scenario for extra creativity, or a world map with balance... :think:

New thread people, don't blow your chance to be one of the first!

This poster's name escapes Annex, but he is correct! The link is near the top of the forum games page.

Mad Man
Mar 30, 2010, 09:41 PM
Wait, so your not going to start the new one?:eek2::eekdance::eek2:

SonicTH
Mar 30, 2010, 10:02 PM
Wait, so your not going to start the new one?:eek2::eekdance::eek2:

Well of course not, Taniciusfox has to do that. :mischief:

He does say however, that as you have started a new thread, you've more or less been handed the keys. :p

Mad Man
Mar 30, 2010, 11:32 PM
well of course not, taniciusfox has to do that. :mischief:

He does say however, that as you have started a new thread, you've more or less been handed the keys. :p

:(248103