View Full Version : Change Required

vivekvan
Mar 24, 2010, 07:56 AM
I have a suggestion. Make the following changes - In May 1945 Japan-Germany make Permanent Alliance, the rest of the world makes Permanent Alliance with the British-American Democratic world. Can some one tell me how to edit files to do this. Thanks

kiwitt
Mar 24, 2010, 03:31 PM
Welcome to modding ... This tutorial may help (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=230567)

vivekvan
Mar 25, 2010, 05:49 AM
Read the tutorial. But since I have never done any modding, this is all greek. Please help me to make the following changes :-

In Aug 1945 Germany-Japan form permanent alliance.
The rest of the world forms permanent alliance with allies. (After USSR invades Manchuria.)

Thanks in advance

kiwitt
Mar 25, 2010, 01:08 PM
We don't do modding on demand for people, we are all volunteers. If you want to change things you have to learn how to. As you have read it is not a trivial task to modify events; something in the region of many hours of work, and then the additional testing for many hours more.

I myself have spent many 1,000's of hours just getting familar with the RtW system and making minor changes via XML to create my mod, when it all looked greek to me too. I am still not confident enough to code the python scripts, let alone the DLL code, which is still greek to me, albeit I have made minor changes by simply commenting out sections I did want happening like some hard winters.

If you are motivated enough to change it (as it sounds like you are), I suggest you concentrate hard and work out what you need to do. Once you have learnt how, it will be like a light-bulb going off.

vivekvan
Mar 25, 2010, 11:02 PM
Ok will try :)

kiwitt
Mar 26, 2010, 12:04 AM
Make sure you backup all files first, i.e. copy the entire Road to War Mod folder to another location.

kiwitt
Mar 27, 2010, 01:50 PM
Also, look for events similar to the one you want ... e.g. East Balkans joins Germany.