The choices are...

Reservoir Dogs (1992)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f6/Reservoir_dogs_ver1.jpg

Pulp Fiction (1994)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/82/Pulp_Fiction_cover.jpg

Jackie Brown (1997)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/80/Jackie_Brown70%27s.jpg

Kill Bill (2003-2004)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cf/Kill_bill_vol_one_ver.jpg http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Kill_bill_vol_two_ver.jpg

Inglourious Basterds (2009)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c3/Inglourious_Basterds_poster.jpg

_random_
May 31, 2010, 08:30 PM
IB is the only one I've seen, but it's one of my favorite movies.

scherbchen
May 31, 2010, 08:51 PM
ask me which one of my newborn babies I would like to sacrifice next.

it is late so I'll just go

#1 Pulp Fiction
#2 Basterds

maybe got more time to type something up tomorrow.

Yoda Power
Jun 01, 2010, 12:04 AM
I haven't seen IB, but so far I would probably vote for Kill Bill.

JohnRM
Jun 01, 2010, 12:33 AM
"AK-47 - The very best there is. When you absolutely positively gotta kill every mother[bleeper] in the room - Accept no substitutes."

classical_hero
Jun 01, 2010, 01:46 AM
I think Pulp Fiction is the most quotable movie of all time. I think it is his best work.

Racsoviale
Jun 01, 2010, 02:56 AM
It was a tough choice between Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs, but I ended up with choosing Pulp Fiction because it is a mile stone in movie making.

If the poll had been better worded/explained I might have chosen Reservoir Dogs.

I also really wanted to vote for Jackie Brown(but this might be because it is, in my opinion, his most underrated movie)

The Kill Bill movies were shiny and good, but I think they lacked what I like about Tarantinos movies, the gritty low budget magic he pulls of with his earlier works(also no Tim Roth)

Actually I found Kill Bill(especially the first) to be more fun when you sit and watch and try to spot all the rape/revenge scenes he borrowed from the 70s japanese pinky films.

And finally Inglorious Basterds. I found it dragging/too long with too little plot development. I was really disappointed with that movie. For me the only memorable tarantinoesque character was Christoph Waltz' evil nazi officer.

Also, Four Rooms should be on that poll.

duckduckswan
Jun 01, 2010, 03:12 AM
For me it was between Pulp Fiction and Inglorious Basterds, I sided with IB. While Pulp Fiction is a brilliant movie that I can (and have) watched many times, IB just amazes me every time I watch it.

So it's like comparing a gold nugget with a slightly bigger gold nugget, you'd love both regardless of analogue.

Love
Jun 01, 2010, 04:12 AM
Pulp Fiction is freaking awesome but kill bill is too good

ParadigmShifter
Jun 01, 2010, 06:02 AM
Not seen Inglorious Basterds.

My vote goes to one he wrote rather than directed.

True Romance.

BCLG100
Jun 01, 2010, 06:15 AM
Pulp Fiction but i really wanted to vote for Reservoir dogs also!

Dragonlord
Jun 01, 2010, 06:28 AM
Not seen Inglorious Basterds.

My vote goes to one he wrote rather than directed.

True Romance.

And another honorable mention to another one Tarantino wrote: From Dusk Till Dawn

I voted for Pulp Fiction though.

My vote for worst Tarantino: Death Proof. That one just sucked.

warpus
Jun 01, 2010, 12:23 PM
#1 Pulp Fiction
#2 Reservoir Dogs (very close second)
#3 Inglorious Basterds
#4 Kill Bill
#5 Jackie Brown (very far below #4)

Four rooms is amazing, but q.t. only directed 25% of it (right?)

Ceoladir
Jun 01, 2010, 03:10 PM
Only seen IB. :blush:

Loppan Torkel
Jun 01, 2010, 04:13 PM
Pulp Fiction, no question. The others - good movies too.

ParadigmShifter
Jun 01, 2010, 04:38 PM
I didn't like Pulp Fiction that much.

It was too long. Reservoir Dogs is better I think.

Loppan Torkel
Jun 01, 2010, 05:00 PM
I agree, it's one of the few complaints I have about that movie, he/they could have shortened it. I think it's great though, but still not one of my favorites...

Azale
Jun 01, 2010, 05:15 PM
And another honorable mention to another one Tarantino wrote: From Dusk Till Dawn.

That movie was fun, but not exactly Tolstoy.

madviking
Jun 01, 2010, 07:42 PM
Only seen IB. :blush:

We need to straighten you up. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE9Qm8mShik)

Ceoladir
Jun 01, 2010, 08:04 PM
<snip>

Now you didn't.

OH WAIT!!! I didn't say that! :hide:

(jk)

Annex
Jun 01, 2010, 10:08 PM
Pulp Fiction #1. Followed closely by Kill Bill Vol. 1 and IB.

My vote for worst Tarantino: Death Proof. That one just sucked.

Absolutely yes. Planet Terror was alright though.

holy king
Jun 03, 2010, 07:01 PM
That movie was fun, but not exactly Tolstoy.

yeah art has to torture the audience with boredom in order to be art.

SuperBeaverInc.
Jun 05, 2010, 12:34 AM
Tough choice for me between Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs. I'll go with Pulp Fiction simply because I actually have it on DVD. Though Inglorious Basterds was pretty good too.

Lord Baal
Jun 05, 2010, 03:29 AM
There are some damn fine films there, but Pulp Fiction is superior to the others.

Shekwan
Jun 05, 2010, 08:29 AM
Jackie Brown because its less popular than Pulp Fiction but similar enough to enjoy to the same degree.

The AK-47 line is my favourite Tarantino line too.

Perfection
Jun 06, 2010, 12:39 AM
I like to think that the best is yet to come!

Plotinus
Jun 06, 2010, 05:10 AM
I haven't seen all of these, but of those I have seen I think Reservoir dogs is the best. It raises more interesting questions than the others. Pulp fiction is very clever and well done, but it seemed more like an exercise in cleverness without so much point. However, I enjoyed Jackie Brown the most - that one was excellent. I saw the first part of Kill Bill but didn't bother with the second, as the first seemed to be basically over-the-top cartoon violence (some of which was pretty unpleasant) but without any deeper point to it.

Love
Jun 06, 2010, 05:22 AM
The second is better if you look it from that perspective.

Quackers
Jun 06, 2010, 02:12 PM
My favourite is Pulp Fiction followed by Inglorius Basterds.

Kill Bill 1 made me fall asleep it was so boring..

Babbler
Jun 10, 2010, 06:05 AM
I guess Pulp Fiction, although I haven't seen Reservoir Dogs or Jackie Brown. Kill Bill Part 2 is better then Part 1, and Inglorius Basterds is so-so.

Traitorfish
Jun 10, 2010, 05:01 PM
I'm torn between Kill Bill and Pulp Fiction, but I'm probably going to have to go for the latter, simply because it seems to be, objectively, the better film, and had a greater impact on film making. My particular affection for Kill Bill is largely because it indulges so heavily in samurai and wuxia tropes, which I most certainly adore.

I saw the first part of Kill Bill but didn't bother with the second, as the first seemed to be basically over-the-top cartoon violence (some of which was pretty unpleasant) but without any deeper point to it.
The second one is better. The first one is essentially the first half of a single film, so it doesn't get into the story or characters as deeply. It does spend a little too much time faffing about, I'll admit, but I think he was just trying to build it to some sort of climax, which is a tricky thing to do half way through a story.

kulade
Jun 10, 2010, 08:32 PM
Pulp Fiction is probably his best, and is probably Samuel Jackson's top performance as well.

Inglorious Bastards was dull and Kill Bill thoroughly awful.

duckduckswan
Jun 11, 2010, 03:55 AM
Inglorious Bastards was dull

Sorry, how is that? I could understand if you said it was too gruesome or something, but a movie with so many graphic deaths is... dull? Is it because of the long dialog scenes? If so, that's what makes Terantino movies so great, his ability to capture conversations.

Plotinus
Jun 11, 2010, 03:58 AM
I haven't seen that film so can't comment on it in particular, but having lots of graphic deaths is perfectly consistent with a film being dull. In fact, if a film has lots of anything, that often makes it dull. The occasional graphic death is interesting. Lots of graphic deaths gets boring. (This was certainly the case with Kill Bill I, as I indicated before.) So saying that a film with lots of graphic deaths can't possibly be dull seems quite wrong to me - although as I say, I don't know whether that particular film is dull or not.

SonicTH
Jun 11, 2010, 05:11 AM
I saw Kill Bill when fairly young, but found it to be quite enjoyable, if a bit odd at times(why kill the man if you're sad about doing it? Why not just forgive him and raise your daughter together? Seriously, duty and honor are sometimes a euphemism for "stupidity.").

As it was the only one I've seen, I'll have to settle for that one.

The only other one I've seen was Death Proof, which wasn't appealing to me; I went to see Grindhouse for the zombies.

kulade
Jun 11, 2010, 12:21 PM
Sorry, how is that? I could understand if you said it was too gruesome or something, but a movie with so many graphic deaths is... dull? Is it because of the long dialog scenes? If so, that's what makes Terantino movies so great, his ability to capture conversations.
The movie was a one way track to predictability. I understand how one could think that the extensive dialogue was mildly entertaining, in which dominance often shifts back and forth, giving the audience a good bit of suspense, but I just felt like the conversation was so inane and didn't really move the plot forward. That may be a personal preference, but idle dialogue, despite whatever thrilling dynamic it may have, soaks up nearly all the time not dedicated to murder, which leaves a movie that hasn't really progressed from its beginning. Plus nearly every other aspect of the movie was... er ...corny. The Jewish strike team, Brad Pitt's accent, and of course the "feel-good" mass slaughter of Nazis which is obviously supposed to leave the audience with the euphoria of justifiable bloodlust. All in all, Tarantino's charm spritzes itself on every scene, but the movie is formulaic and just plain lame.

Krill
Jun 11, 2010, 12:50 PM
Stealer's' Wheel scene just pips Pulp Fiction for me, but there isn't a bad film to pick...

Traitorfish
Jun 11, 2010, 05:40 PM
...and of course the "feel-good" mass slaughter of Nazis which is obviously supposed to leave the audience with the euphoria of justifiable bloodlust.
See, now, I interpreted it as feel-bad slaughter, or at least feel-a-bit-awkward slaughter. The Basterds were so wanton in their killing, and revelled in it so much, that any halfway well adjusted person is going to become increasingly unnerved by it, stretching the usual "Nazis = fair game" rule of cinema to near-enough breaking point. No-one can watch the scene where the German officer refuses to surrender information and is beaten to death to the delight of the Basterds and declare there to be an obvious, black-and-white hero and villain. I mean, Tarantino practically beats you over the head with it when he shows Hitler guffawing at cinematic slaughter- the man Godwinned his own movie, albeit implicitly, so there's really no excuse to overlook that interpretation. It's not a particularly deep film, I'll readily admit, but it does force you to reconsider the aforementioned rule somewhat, at the very least to justify it to yourself. To write it off as nothing more than thoughtless violence does the man a disservice.

duckduckswan
Jun 11, 2010, 11:16 PM
Well said Traitorfish. In regards to the inane dialogue, fair enough, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. But it just seems to me; after watching just about all of Tarantino's movies except Jackie Brown, that his flicks are all conversation heavy. So saying that one of the reasons you dno't like that specific film for the way the speaking bits are executed is like saying you don't like watching soccer games because they kick the ball too much.

That being said, and to argue against myself, I hated Deathproof because of the same thing. The conversations were exactly like you said about IB, stupid and never moved the plot forward. Silly (and to steal your own words) dull movie. :cool:

History buff33
Jun 12, 2010, 12:07 AM
Go Go will always make me love Kill Bill. I LOVE Chiaki kuriyama!

gloriashern
Jun 12, 2010, 02:44 AM
I love movies and My Favorite Movie is Kill Bill ,i use http://10starmovies.com/ to watch my favorite movies.

Joecoolyo
Jun 12, 2010, 10:38 AM
I voted for Inglorious Basterds because 1) I loved that movie, and 2) I've yet to see Pulp Fiction.

Lord Baal
Jun 12, 2010, 08:54 PM
I voted for Inglorious Basterds because 1) I loved that movie, and 2) I've yet to see Pulp Fiction.
It's well worth going out of your way to see.

Joecoolyo
Jun 12, 2010, 10:53 PM
I know, everyone tells me it's amazing. It's just that I've been really lazy lately, and haven't gotten the chance to make it to my library to rent it.