View Full Version : Resources and Improvements

civ editor11
Jun 25, 2010, 12:33 PM
I had to make this thread so that I can update our list with what we have.
These two topics are ones I think should be covered together, since many improvements will only be used for resources. So here is a discussion/list thread for resources and improvements. (Graphics suggestions should go in the Graphics Thread (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=327951)).

When suggesting a resource or improvement, do the following:

1. If you are suggesting a resource, make sure you suggest an improvement that can work it.

2. Make sure that you say whether this is a "Space" resource or improvement or a "Planet" resource or improvement.

3. If you have a better name for any of the current resources or improvements, or think one should be removed, please post that here.

4. Finally, consider that one unimplemented feature is "Named Planets" providing certain benefits. See the discussion in the Mapscript Thread (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=331577) on Named Planets, and if you want a certain planet to provide a resource, you can suggest it here or there.

Land Improvements: Improvements found only on planet terrain ("land"). Resources listed under the improvement that works them.

Drill Mine: Buildable on non-resource plots as well.
Gold
Silver
Crystals
Plasma
Agrinium
Mirkanite
Anthracite
Titanium
Farium
Ionite
Trinium

Mandalorian Mine:
Beskar

Moisture Farm: Buildable on non-resource plots as well.
Wheat
Salt
Muja Fruit

Plantation:
Tea
Wine
Silk
Coffee
Rice

Animal Nursery:
Bantha
Nerf
Kaadu
Shaak
Dewback
Grazer
Swine

Utility Trawler:
Fish
Clam
Crab

Gas Refinery:
Tibanna Gas

Spice Refinery:
Spice

Hutt Palace:
Dancing Girls
Slaves

Power Plant: Only buildable on Volcanic Planets, gives production bonus
Prefab Shelter: Upgrades to Village, Town, City, provides credits
Road: Double movement, buildable on all land plots.

Orbital Improvements: Improvements found only on asteroids ("space terrain"). Resources listed under the improvement that works them.

Space Improvements: Improvements found only on asteroids ("space terrain"). Resources listed under the improvement that works them.

Extraction Facility:
Titanium
Anthracite
Crystals
Gold
Silver
Farium
Ionite
Trinium
Carbonite
Durasteel

Hypermatter Refinery:
Hypermatter

Hyperspace Lane: Double movement, buildable on all land plots.

I will add the new ones inside of the quote I just wanted to give TC01 credit for starting this part. Please tell me if you have any thoughts on this.

MJStoner420
Jun 25, 2010, 08:01 PM
I deffinatly want to get involved in this project (Being a HUGE Star Wars fan), I've seen so many Star Wars mods that just die after a while and I think a Star Wars mod has potential.
I don't know that much about modding yet, I'm still learning.

Anyway do you have any units added yet?

civ editor11
Jun 25, 2010, 09:58 PM
You can be an XML modder or even better yet you could make units. Do you have any experience with Blender 3dsMax or any other program because we really need someone who can do that.
Our unit thread is Unit List (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=330624)
I really want to get this one done so yes please join our team.

Ruanek
Jun 27, 2010, 10:15 PM
What about slaves as a resource, to go with Hutt Palaces? Also, you may be able to set it up so certain governments do better/worse/prefer certain resources.

civ editor11
Jun 28, 2010, 09:38 AM
I can definately set the slaves up the governments are a touch harder

aragogthebest
Jun 28, 2010, 10:18 AM
Beskar which i posted in the other thread but is not on the list

civ editor11
Jun 28, 2010, 11:06 AM
I added Beskar and slaves into it. I need graphics for these before I can add it in game though

The Glorious
Jul 14, 2010, 09:43 AM
Uranium from a drill mine or extraction facility.