View Full Version : Activate debug panel

Jaythekiller
Oct 13, 2010, 04:20 AM
In case anyone is inquirinq how to activate it :

_Open "Config.ini" file (in "Documents/My games/Sid Meier's Civilization V") with note pad

_Search for : " Activate debug panel = 0 "
_Set value to 1
_Save the file on exit

it's done ! :)

Now launch your game, and press "" key (on azerty keyboard),or "~" on qwerty keyboard

Then you can see a popping window on left end corner,wich is providing many interesting controls

Hope it will helps you :)

Onni
Oct 13, 2010, 11:09 PM
It's "" key in Scandinavian keyboards. Cheers Jaythekiller! :D

Jaythekiller
Oct 14, 2010, 04:31 AM
Didn't even know there were some computers there :D

eRev21
Oct 14, 2010, 01:01 PM
I've been trying to mess with this debug panel for quite some time with no real results. I can create units, resources, etc. but they do not respond in any way and cannot interact with any player. The reveal map function is interesting, but it just reveals the geographical content of the map.
Messing around with random hotkeys, I thought CTRL+Z froze my game, because it certainly locked up my game for about 20 seconds. However, after it unfroze I found that I had explored the entire map, got the intro screens from discovering every other civ and city-state on the map, and found all the wonders of the world. Interesting. What's a tad more interesting is that I could keep pressing the hotkey and finding all the wonders AGAIN, which keeps increasing happiness for my civ. Weird.

Anyone else know anything about the functionality of the debug menu? I know it's totally unnecessary because of Fire Tuner, etc. but I find it interesting to mess around with.

Lisioz
Oct 19, 2010, 05:09 AM
Hey guys! In my notebook there's not the "tilde" character; I'm using Ubuntu and the combination for the char is Alt gr + but in Civ it does not work as the tilde, because it does not show the Debug Panel! How can I solve that?
Thank you!

Jaythekiller
Oct 19, 2010, 05:19 AM
How can I solve that?1)Did you set Activate debug panel to 1?

2)Did you save the config.ini on exit ?

3)Did you try the key?

If you 've answered yes to all questions above,then :

Try any other key ! :D

Lisioz
Oct 19, 2010, 08:24 AM
Ok, I find the way! I just have to click where the "tilde" button should be, near the "1" and "!" button! But it seems like it doesn't work, like eRev21 posted before.. What's wrong?