View Full Version : ImmacuNES II B- Emperor of the Fading Heavens

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13

Darksaber1
Jul 05, 2011, 10:00 AM
OOC: Immac, on E2, the Eye has been rebuilt, and the Thana and Sanctious'Als annexed some free territory according to the update, and this isn't reflected on the map.

Darksaber, you'd have to do a census.

My approximate house population stat increased, aproximatly 197,898 extra people, I was just wondering if the Populations list of E2 info should be more than 6,000 now.

LDiCesare
Jul 05, 2011, 11:52 AM
But playing them do give me so much more ideas on how to kill people in the most gruesome manner possible.

Why build a normal tank when you can build the freaking Baneblade?

You can see that, as soon as I boot myself from the Imperial posts, which I will be doing quite soon, I will sit down, doing lots of little itty bitty naughty things that are totally secret and you should definitely not waste a 50 MF or so trying to find out.

Just saying.
Well, you do know that the deadline was extended to July the 8th for you and that we don't even know if there will be elections or changes in offices which may simply imply the changing of orders?
I can send my orders tomorrow (6) but not the 7th, and probably not the 8th before (too) late.
So please make it clear now whether we have to have new elections or not.

Ekolite
Jul 05, 2011, 12:12 PM
I agree we need to know this now.

thomas.berubeg
Jul 05, 2011, 12:13 PM
I do too

spryllino
Jul 05, 2011, 01:02 PM
No, I'll agree with you that Seon ought to get a move on, but, really, it's unreasonable to expect to be able to send orders tomorrow, and it's really not going to happen, because we absolutely have to do a few things first:

1) Seon has to talk to the Elves;
2) I have to talk to the Elves to make sure they're satisfied with the treaty;
3) The Curia (including Eko and hbar if there isn't an easy majority) has to vote, and if it fails I have to revise the treaty and moot it to the Elves and Curia again;
4) I have to post the treaty, sometime when I'm awake or not at school;
5) Candidates have to have a few days to canvas;
6) The Church and Elves have to sign;
7) You all have to vote;
8) We have to wait at least 48 hours to have a fair election where everyone else has time to vote;
9) Immac has to announce the results;
10) You need to give the winner time to orientate himself to his new position, work out the Imperial Offices and tell what ACCs he wants to do what on behalf of the Empire, not to mention get his head round the plans I've already made for the Fleet, and round everything on Stigmata and elsewhere.

You can't get away from the necessity of all these steps. Admittedly it's possible that the Elves will just say yes immediately to the Treaty and the Curia will pass the Treaty without Eko and hbar even having to vote, but, still, the elections themselves will take a while.

Immac has said he's willing to extend the deadline and it would be incredibly OOC for most - and impossible for many - for anyone to send orders before this whole thing's resolved.

Seon
Jul 05, 2011, 01:09 PM
By the way, spry, you should get on MSN right now.

Northen Wolf
Jul 05, 2011, 01:20 PM
Immac, how about another week for deadline, cuz many of us are waiting for Crusade and with likely upcoming elections it's pitiful short time to campaign.

LDiCesare
Jul 05, 2011, 01:49 PM
You can't get away from the necessity of all these steps. Admittedly it's possible that the Elves will just say yes immediately to the Treaty and the Curia will pass the Treaty without Eko and hbar even having to vote, but, still, the elections themselves will take a while.

Immac has said he's willing to extend the deadline and it would be incredibly OOC for most - and impossible for many - for anyone to send orders before this whole thing's resolved.

I understand this.
However, my view of the situation is that Seon made a mess, asked for an extension of the orders, had the situation resolved by someone else, and ultimately further extends the deadline.
Immac's sig still says:
Orders Due July 8th at 4pm Eastern Standard Time. No Exceptions.
As of now, my only possibility to do this is to send orders tomorrow. But I can't make it because I have to wait for someone who didn't do anything for 2 weeks and ends up just having to say "I resign, let there be new elections", which takes kind of 2 minutes. Note your steps 5 and following all imply that there will indeed be elections. I have been just asking whether there would be or not:
So please make it clear now whether we have to have new elections or not.
I don't think it's an insane request. I have a tremendous respect for deadlines and commitments. Until it's written that orders are not due the 8, I will send them before the 8, and that just means tomorrow.

Adrogans
Jul 05, 2011, 01:52 PM
I think there should be election regardless of the treaty. I don't think there should be a treaty in the first place.

Immaculate
Jul 05, 2011, 01:55 PM
There will be exceptions to order deadline. I'll fix my signature. Thanks LDi for pointing that out.

Seon
Jul 05, 2011, 02:02 PM
Note your steps 5 and following all imply that there will indeed be elections. I have been just asking whether there would be or not:

We will. Start campaigning.

EDIT: By the way, this IS an ooc comment.

spryllino
Jul 05, 2011, 02:07 PM
I think there should be election regardless of the treaty. I don't think there should be a treaty in the first place.

Fortunately, this is not the prevailing sentiment in the government, whose opinion is directly opposite to yours.

spryllino
Jul 05, 2011, 02:27 PM
OOC: As a matter of fact, it's quite true that there will certainly be elections this turn or next turn, so, alright, if we're campaigning,

IC:

I announce my candidacy to be the next Regent. My platform is rebuilding the Fleet and upholding the treaty.

Please don't stand against me if you don't want to split the vote and let in someone who'll break the treaty and spoil all the preparations we will have made for the Imperium's security and peace with the Church and Elves.

Ekolite
Jul 05, 2011, 02:29 PM
Holy Gate supports House Texier for the Regency.

Vertinari118
Jul 05, 2011, 02:42 PM
As does the House of Xicier.

Kyzarc Fotjage
Jul 05, 2011, 02:46 PM
and so does House Quin

Immaculate
Jul 05, 2011, 03:03 PM
OOC: As a matter of fact, it's quite true that there will certainly be elections this turn or next turn, so, alright, if we're campaigning,

IC:

I announce my candidacy to be the next Regent. My platform is rebuilding the Fleet and upholding the treaty.

Please don't stand against me if you don't want to split the vote and let in someone who'll break the treaty and spoil all the preparations we will have made for the Imperium's security and peace with the Church and Elves.

Which treaty? The original treaty of Kent or the rewrite you provided?

spryllino
Jul 05, 2011, 03:04 PM
The rewrite, provided it's agreed to, or a similar rewrite. If it isn't agreed to, then clearly I can't maintain it, and the elections won't be until next turn, in which case I'll still be standing when it comes to the vote, but not on that same platform.

Come on MSN if you can; Seon and I are both there.

thomas.berubeg
Jul 05, 2011, 03:23 PM
As does House Klorin.

Immaculate
Jul 05, 2011, 03:36 PM
dissecting mouse brains... taking breaks so my hands don't shake but can't really diplo.

Vertinari118
Jul 05, 2011, 03:46 PM
Why are you dissecting mouse brains at five or six (I don't know the exact off-set for EST) in the evening?

Immaculate
Jul 05, 2011, 03:48 PM
long day.

Seon
Jul 05, 2011, 04:25 PM
Just saw two dead rats. Where do you dump your bodies, by the way, Immaculate?

Immaculate
Jul 05, 2011, 04:30 PM
incinerator. just finished. 8 mice.. 6 hours... :(

spryllino
Jul 05, 2011, 04:42 PM
We're still on MSN... :p

Immaculate
Jul 05, 2011, 04:47 PM
I have to do infections now... i'll catch up tomorrow or thursday.

thomas.berubeg
Jul 05, 2011, 04:59 PM
I don't see ya'll on MSN.

Ekolite
Jul 05, 2011, 05:35 PM
Thomas I think there's something up with your msn. Haven't caught you online in forever and before I went on holiday we were having those problems remember?

thomas.berubeg
Jul 05, 2011, 06:54 PM
I'm on right now... and the only one of you I can see is Seon. are others online right now?

Ekolite
Jul 05, 2011, 07:09 PM
I've been on for a couple of hours. But I'm going to bed now sorry.

Seon
Jul 05, 2011, 07:18 PM
Funnily enough, I can't see you, thomas :P

Adrogans
Jul 06, 2011, 08:12 AM
Fortunately, this is not the prevailing sentiment in the government, whose opinion is directly opposite to yours.

More's the pity.

Let's put it this way. If your first treaty with the Evvis is all we have to go on (and since you will not publically list the new one it is all we have to go on) then you setup the Imperium to eat it. So I suggest if you want to get naysayers and doubters to stop doubting then you need to publish the revised treaty.

Which treaty? The original treaty of Kent or the rewrite you provided?

Doesn't matter to me as I cannot support someone who is basically saying trust me but won't tell me what they plan to support.

spryllino
Jul 06, 2011, 12:55 PM
I will not publish the preliminary treaty. I do not wish to silence your nay-sayings, and I understand them fully inasmuch as you have explained them. In knowledge of the contents of the draft of the Treaty, and possibly in ignorance of the full reasoning behind your doubts, I believe that your doubts are unfounded.

I don't expect anyone to support me until the conclusion of a new settlement.

spryllino
Jul 06, 2011, 03:23 PM
IC, but only to the Noble Houses and not publicly to all NPCs:

It has occurred to me that some might think that I am gratuitously keeping the negotiations in the dark. Let me dispel these thoughts.

I should point out that publicising a treaty that the Church might yet not sign - and that hasn't even been put to the Curia yet, just to a few Archbishops - might reasonably irritate them considerably, not to mention being a potential source of embarassment to them if the treaty is seen as an embarassment (even if I wouldn't see it as such). Publishing the treaty stands to jeopardise the whole arrangment. I'm quite serious about this. I know the order of things - negotiations before publication of treaty before elections - may seem peculiar, but it is absolutely critical to the negotiations that these stages happen in this order. If they happen in a different order, the whole thing will be likely to go completely wrong.

All I'll tell you is that it involves a reasonable and fair negotiated peace between Elves, Imperium and Church, and isn't remotely similar to the previous treaty, even superficially. Its first clause is "1. The Original Treaty of Keul is nullified in all its provisions." It has between seven and nine other clauses, subject to further negotiation, dealing with terms of peace and compromise that ought to be reasonably satisfactory to all interested parties, apart from those that are determined on war with the Elves.

I can't tell you any more without jeopardising the negotiations, and I may be skating on thin ice as it is. Therefore you'll have to judge the treaty when it's concluded.

Adrogans
Jul 06, 2011, 03:56 PM
Sorry, it's just hard to vote for someone on the basis of simply "Trust me I have candy." We reserve judgement until such time as treaty is published or fails to be ratified.

Ekolite
Jul 06, 2011, 04:26 PM
When do I get a copy to vote on?

Immaculate
Jul 06, 2011, 04:28 PM
Basically at this point, i am waiting for Seon to write to me. Seon: The elves want to know why you want to renege on your treaty. And why you seem to want to trick them into giving away all their defenses and their faith.

spryllino
Jul 06, 2011, 05:00 PM
Sorry, it's just hard to vote for someone on the basis of simply "Trust me I have candy." We reserve judgement until such time as treaty is published or fails to be ratified.

Two pieces of candy in the bush is worth more than one piece of candy in the hand. :p

thomas.berubeg
Jul 06, 2011, 05:07 PM
and even better is the candy in the back of the white van.

Kentharu
Jul 06, 2011, 06:52 PM
House Kilgore supports House Texier for the Regency.

Seon
Jul 06, 2011, 08:16 PM
Basically at this point, i am waiting for Seon to write to me. Seon: The elves want to know why you want to renege on your treaty. And why you seem to want to trick them into giving away all their defenses and their faith.

You were not on MSN, so I explained myself via PM form, Immac.

Immaculate
Jul 06, 2011, 08:40 PM
From Captain Valace, on behalf of the Elves of the Sunset Dahlia,
To the Imperium Regent, its ambassadors, and its petty slaves,

Ludenard Akatas, you offered us friendship and pretty words. You offered us a chance to stop running, to live in peace with the imperium under your shield, protected from the bigotry and hatred of the Universal Church and its mindless servants. You told us that your forces would protect us and now you have drawn them away as the Holy Flame hypocrites take position over our homes and their assassins hunt our elders and leaders among our forests.

And now you cannot protect us, and the only solution is to surrender our sword and shield, our fleet, and our leaders and elders, to serve in your distant war, a war that has nothing to do with us. Furthermore you ask that we surrender our faith and allow the missionaries of the same force that threatens to bomb us to enslave the minds and souls of our children. We see now through your lies and deception. And if you are not a liar, you are an idiot. And since you are not an idiot, for how could an idiot rise to your position, you must be a liar.

We cannot abide this treachery. Know that you have signed a document, the treaty of Kent, and if you renounce it, it is you that has broken your word, not us, and it is the Imperium and its agents who have wrought misery and death to the Elven people, even if by the hand of the Unholy and misguided church. If we sign anything further with you now, you will just break that treaty also and position yourself to destroy us completely, while we think you a friend, then demand a new treaty, one that tears the very heart from our people. You have shown your true nature and we will not be fooled twice.

No. We will not bow to this church. And we will not forget your treachery Ludenard Akatas. Forever your name will be a curse upon the lips of the elven people. Your words are venom and we will not believe them. Clean your name, preserve your honor, send the fleets of the imperium to protect us from the church; this is your chance to preserve your honor. Preserve the Treaty of Kent.

hbar
Jul 06, 2011, 08:51 PM
@ House Texier

I understand the reasoning for not releasing the treaty - that is the first rule of negotiation. However, you have called your own impartiality into question by announcing your ambitions for the Regency so early. House Sanctious'Als will wait until either the treaty is signed or the crusade is confirmed before supporting a candidate.

Also, know that while I understand the need for compromise and a unified Imperium in the face of the Symbiots, the Archbishop Akbar'Al is less ... accommodating in his views. His hatred of the Evvis is fitting of his status with the Avesites.

Belgit'Al

hbar
Jul 06, 2011, 09:00 PM
Well, that's that. I think I can safely change my avatar now. Flame on! :devil:

Seon
Jul 06, 2011, 09:14 PM

You know, I always had this kind of a "battle urge."

Know what I mean?

Maybe it's time to be a bit of a wild card. If it works, AWESOME. If it doesn't, meh, it was fun.

Immaculate
Jul 06, 2011, 09:15 PM
So is there a new election or not?

Seon
Jul 06, 2011, 09:57 PM
Dunnow man. The battle urge was always there. Don't know why it was gone during this week but... The Church's annoyed me enough with that ridiculous terms in that treaty that I want to punch Barbatos in the face now.

When people will learn that you can't use pure logic of cost-result in diplo in NESes, I will never know.

So, Immac, can I ask a personal question?

What would be more fun to write about?

Northen Wolf
Jul 07, 2011, 01:01 AM
House Hyppean will vote for anyone but House Texier. First of all, We are against a minor house deciding the future of the Entire Empire, sure, we could accept this but a minor house dealing with evvies. The same Evvies who we have thought to hate for generations. The Same Evvies who opened stigmata. This is too much to ask from us

We are also against House Koriate being (re)elected into Regent position, cuz they have shown little respect towards the crusade and towards the Pancreator.

Ekolite
Jul 07, 2011, 05:05 AM
Holy Gate resents the blunderous way diplomacy with the Elves has been carried out by the caretaker Regent. It is time for Koriate to stand down and for new elections to be held. Frankly I am appalled at the stupidity the Regent has shown by demanding that the elves accept our missionaries. Peace and security is far more important then their submission to the Church, and it was clear that they would not respond well to attempts to convert them.

For now we must build bridges; missionaries, trade and so on can be developed later as relations with the elves are normalised. It is not neccessary to do everything at once, all we need now is peace. We must win them round diplomatically before there is any chance we can win them round in faith.

Tell the Elves you are standing down and that they can expect to deal with a more trustworthy, capable Regent in future.

Furthermore, to those in support of the Crusade, send your men to Stigmata instead because we have one major war there already and one is enough. The Elves have at least one planet to themselves, and no doubt many more. They are a powerful civilisation, and can access all of the known worlds while we can only access their colonies on Assimov. How do you plan to carry out this ridiculous campaign? Do you want to send your men to their death beds fighting in the jungles of Assimov against disease, impossible supply lines, and an enemy far more accustomed to the climate and terrain? The elves have long remained hidden in these jungles due to their tracklessness, and the elves natural, and technologically enhanced, ability for stealth.They will use this to their advantage, and will be an implacable and likely superior enemy. And whatsmore, even if we do somehow defeat them on Assimov, we cannot reach their home world or any oother territories they may hold.

With all due respect to his Holiness and the Church, this Crusade could never work.

thomas.berubeg
Jul 07, 2011, 09:48 AM
House Klorin agrees with House Holy Gate, and agrees that it is poor form for any kind of diplomacy to ask one party to sign a treaty, than to throw it out in favor of one that is incredibly less in their favor.

Added to the fact that the Elves likely have a number of worlds we cannot access, nor do we have the manpower to bring to bear....

Adrogans
Jul 07, 2011, 10:02 AM
The Query echo the sentiments for the removal of House Koriate, but we also cannot support the treaty with the Evvis.

The Treaty with the Evvis should never have been dreamt up let alone signed in the first place. The Evvis reject the light of the Pancreator and refuse to own up to opening up Stigmata. This was the second time the Evvis have opened up humanity to the ravages of the Symbiotes and yet it is still "your distant war, a war that has nothing to do with us."

The regency has consistantly been hijacked since its inception and it is time to fix it. We, The Query, have stood by dispensing advice when asked and despairing when it was ignored repeatedly. We feel compelled by the cries of humanity to offer our service to try and right the ship that has been capsized in the flow of events over the last few years.

Humanity is surrounded on all sides by threats. We cannot continue to falter in the face of them, we must stand strong and with the light of the Pancreator and we hope the wisdom of a new regent we will do just that.

Lady Alex, Lord Guy, and Lord Ichabod, The Query

Vertinari118
Jul 07, 2011, 10:27 AM
House Holy Gate, I could not have put it better myself with regards to both the Crusade and the most recent and humiliatingly public failures in negotiations with the elves. This Crusade against the Elves has the potential to destroy the Imperium of Man in a blaze of civil war, Symbiot invasion and the return of the Elves to the Known Worlds. A treaty ensuring peace with the elves MUST be forged. The Imperium cannot manage a war against an unknown power and contain the Symbiot threat. Those who so ardently wish to wage a holy war should surely carry on the holy war against the Symbiots whose threat to the Pancreator's glorious creation and to us is significantly greater than the elves. Likewise the Church's vast resources, if they must be expended in war, should be spent assisting the Imperial Fleet, which was crippled as a fighting force this year, and not on punishing the elves for their sins. We need a new Regent to gain peace and credibility with the elves and, to this end, we still support House Texier for regency.

Northen Wolf
Jul 07, 2011, 11:25 AM
Pancreator shall provide us with manpower we need. You have little faith.

hbar
Jul 07, 2011, 11:29 AM
I would like to remind the apologists that the Imperium was doing just fine with the simmering tensions and minor conflicts that preceded the treaty of Kent. We knew of the Evvis, but we bid them so specific harm. It was the Evvis that pirated our ships, stole our sceptres, disrespected our Regent, and denied their crimes. It was the false Regent who capitulated without a shot being fired.

The treaty was a mistake, but it cannot be undone. Those wounds content to fester in darkness have been exposed to the Light, and this infection must be lanced before it can spread. I do not know why House Texier believes they can succeed in negotiation with the Evvis, what concessions they believe will be sufficient to cause both sides to lay down arms that both sides would accept. What I do know is that the Evvis are behaving like spoiled children, and the Patriarch himself has called for a spanking. I, for one, am getting my paddle ready.

mgsmuhammad
Jul 07, 2011, 12:29 PM
While disgusted by the sentiment from Houses Sanctious'Als and Hyppean, we find ourselves, bizzarely enough, pleased with the reaction from Holy Gate.

It is good to see that at least some of the Nobility still have the interests of the Imperium at heart.

Disappointed though we may be to see Reagent Akatas cowed by the Church, we are willing, if somewhat wary, to see what the Texier may do in his place.

We hope their love of neutrality will not stand it the way of maintaining Imperial Justice and Discipline.

- Remi

spryllino
Jul 07, 2011, 12:33 PM
To all noble Houses
From House Texier

You know full well that Captain Velace has no authority to make a proclamation. I won't hear such incredible balderdash until I've actually had a word with someone with some authority, or a despatch from the very Council of the Elves. Anything that Captain Velace says is bound to be soaked in self-interest.

The Treaty is in the best interests of the Elves - and indeed is better for the Elves than the previous treaty - and does not even necessarily bind the Elves to join the new sect of the Church in Elfin territory, or even to give up their entire fleet. It is a remarkably lenient treaty, far better for them than the existing one, and I hope that sounder, more cautious counsels will prevail than Captain Velace's.

Whoever thinks the Church is just going to call off this Crusade when its ships all positioned over Assimov seriously needs to think again. This is not going to happen. Either it's a holy war with the Elves, or it's a treaty. There can be no middle way.

And, honourable lords of the Query, you have stood by saying "Don't", without justification or elaboration or saying anything particularly useful. While we respect your advice, we have heard remarkably little.

Adrogans
Jul 07, 2011, 12:43 PM
From The Query
To House Texier

We maintain that there should never have been negotiations with pirates and thieves to begin with. Add in the fact these are the same evvis who have unleased the Symbiotes on us not once but twice and it becomes clear they must be expunged from our worlds.

Did you really expect to have a treaty that works with the Evvis paying the restitution and expending their lives to protect humanity from the threat they unleashed? Did you really expect us to sit idly by while the same individuals who caused that second symbiote incursion sit across the table from you. We are not talking about the children of the Evvis who you are talking to, but the actual people alive and very likely fought the Imperium and Church last time. Evvis live for a very long time so this is not a case of sins of the parents upon the children, this is still the parents who did it.

While we do not feel compelled at this time to pursue them elsewhere they can and should be removed from Assimov due to their piracy and murder and theft of the sceptre of House Naprous.

Northen Wolf
Jul 07, 2011, 01:05 PM
If there can only be two ways then choose the crusade option. This is what Pancreator wants, and church represents Pancreators will, does it not?

Adrogans
Jul 07, 2011, 01:14 PM
The Evvis didn't come to us with gifts and entrities for peace and understanding. they came to us with piracey and violence. have they returned what they stole? Can they bring back our dead? Will they go to Stigmata and defend creation from the Symbiot threat?

You all know the answer is no.

mgsmuhammad
Jul 07, 2011, 01:18 PM
While we do not feel compelled at this time to pursue them elsewhere they can and should be removed from Assimov due to their piracy and murder and theft of the sceptre of House Naprous.

While we were skimming over the fanciful dream-talk of the Query, we did note that gem.

The Naprous sceptre is still property of the Imperium - property of House Naprous.

Any treaty with the Evvi's should include the return of that sceptre, so it may be taken into the care of those watching over Carmen Naprous - until she is of age to reclaim her birthright.

Cathrinn - whether it was justified or not - was done a great wrong at our hands.
Her progeny should, at the very least, be free to not make the same choices she did.

If there can only be two ways then choose the crusade option. This is what Pancreator wants, and church represents Pancreators will, does it not?

How do you know this is what the Pancreator wills?

Surely the Pancreator wishes the survival of Humanity, as he has always done?

He had sub-humans working to assist us once before - the heathen Transcendentals, who used their forbidden lore to save us in our time of need.

If he had the advanced unhumans support his chosen once, then surely he could just as easily do so again.

I, for one, do not pretend to understand the Pancreator, or his means. But I know this - we were once saved by the heretek wizardry of subhuman species.

Is it not prudent to stay our blades until it is apparent he is not using them for our benefit, once more?

- Remi

mgsmuhammad
Jul 07, 2011, 01:21 PM
Oh - and, before we forget, while we're on the matter of stolen Sceptres - Was that Tsedeq - Klorin issue ever resolved?

I'm afraid we heard of no such thing on Incellia, and are beginning to get rather worried Tsedeq may still be hiding it somewhere..

- Remi

Adrogans
Jul 07, 2011, 01:26 PM
Edit - NM misunderstood tone being conveyed.

spryllino
Jul 07, 2011, 01:30 PM
To the Council of the Elves
From House Texier

I don't know if this message from Captain Velace is even genuine, but here you go.

Ludenard Akatas, you offered us friendship and pretty words. You offered us a chance to stop running, to live in peace with the imperium under your shield, protected from the bigotry and hatred of the Universal Church and its mindless servants. You told us that your forces would protect us and now you have drawn them away as the Holy Flame hypocrites take position over our homes and their assassins hunt our elders and leaders among our forests.

You are gravely mistaken. This treaty gives you peace for everyone and even allows all Oghma to live without a trace of the Church on its soil. You will likely all die if you refuse - and you know Man has the jumpcodes to Oghma - whereas this proposal allows those of you on Oghma to be completely free of the Church and allows those of you on Assimov to live alongside the Church in peace. We cannot protect you with arms, but we can protect you like this, with a protection that gives you all the honours of a House of the Empire and which clearly defines your relationship with the Church. In failing to accept our enormously advantageous offer, are you trying to bring about your own destruction? The Regent may have acted very unwisely and with doubtful integrity, but what can stand between us and peace now, now we have an offer - gleaned through coercing the Churcn to our utmost ability - that protects you from all threats while leaving your territory fully independent and sovereign?

And now you cannot protect us, and the only solution is to surrender our sword and shield, our fleet,

Nope, actually read the goddam despatch I sent you (email). (This is why I suggested that the Elves might like to restrict the treaty to Assimov, which they may, so only the Assimov Elves would have to surrender their fleet, while the rest can just stay on Oghma.)

and our leaders and elders,

Nope, read the despatch. It's not all your leaders and elders, it's 10 companies of scarabeidae in lieu of your leaders and elders.

to serve in your distant war, a war that has nothing to do with us.

Blatantly untrue.

Furthermore you ask that we surrender our faith and allow the missionaries of the same force that threatens to bomb us to enslave the minds and souls of our children.

Hyperbole somewhat? Only on Assimov, and besides the treaty doesn't actually mean that.

We see now through your lies and deception. And if you are not a liar, you are an idiot. And since you are not an idiot, for how could an idiot rise to your position, you must be a liar.

Akatas lied, yes, or was incredibly foolish. He had no mandate, and the Imperium was nearly united in opposing his government. He had no means whatsoever of enforcing the treaty. This is why it is completely necessary to come to terms with the Church too, and, when such good terms are on offer, you should accept them. The previous terms were too good to be true: these ones are good and true, and manifestly so, and you should accept them. If you don't, you get bombed now. Supposing we're lying, then you get bombed in a few years time. If so, why not just get on with it and let the Church bomb you? If that was what we wanted to happen, what better way to do it than conserve Imperial resources by letting the Church do our work for us? No. That is not what we want. We want peace or we would have bombed you at the first opportunity. It makes no sense to do anything else.

We cannot abide this treachery. Know that you have signed a document, the treaty of Kent, and if you renounce it, it is you that has broken your word, not us, and it is the Imperium and its agents who have wrought misery and death to the Elven people, even if by the hand of the Unholy and misguided church. If we sign anything further with you now, you will just break that treaty also and position yourself to destroy us completely, while we think you a friend, then demand a new treaty, one that tears the very heart from our people. You have shown your true nature and we will not be fooled twice.

On the contrary. Having entered into communion with the Church, oaths with you are fully binding, and we would call the wrath of the Pancreator down on our heads by breaking them. Besides, as I just said, this isn't treachery. We don't need to use treachery to destroy you. We don't need to let you be a simmering nuisance for years and years. We want peace and cooperation, and if we didn't want that we would never have bothered dallying around wasting our time negotiating with you. Your accusations of treachery are very intuitive, but you are falling into the trap of observing the intuitive and not thinking too hard about the consequences and motives of those whom you are negotiating with. Think, Elves, and you will see that you can obtain a peace upheld by Church and Empire like this.

No. We will not bow to this church. And we will not forget your treachery Ludenard Akatas. Forever your name will be a curse upon the lips of the elven people. Your words are venom and we will not believe them. Clean your name, preserve your honor, send the fleets of the imperium to protect us from the church; this is your chance to preserve your honor. Preserve the Treaty of Kent.

We've told you, we can't. It isn't that we don't want to, but we can't. Not a chance. If you sign the treaty, you can come and see our White-Sky class cruisers and maybe some of the wreckage of the fleet, and see the Symbiots too. Then tell me they aren't a threat. Then denounce the Treaty for yourselves - but you won't denounce it once you've signed it, and neither will we. You'll see, as we see, and the Church sees, that it gives us all peace and gives you your perpetual independence.

So, don't give me any more emotional and intuitive reactions to this whole business. You are a people renowned for cunning and intellect; look at your position, and read the treaty. Read it, and read it carefully, and tell us not that you don't like it, but what you don't like about it, what you want added, what you want taken away or amended. You have our sympathy; you have been foully mishandled by the Regent, but look to your future and think over the practical consequences of the Treaty, and tell us what you need to be different for you too to realise that you would be signing a treaty better for you than the old Treaty of Keul.

OOC: Honestly, these Elves are so dumb!

mgsmuhammad
Jul 07, 2011, 01:46 PM
You dare call the trancendentals sub-human? I include orcs, gnolls, and any other who live in the Imperium and shed blood for the Imperium as humanity. Where did I say any of those were sub-human? Any group which has stayed true to the Imperium and the Church is a part of humanity. We are saddened to see you making such a distinction.

Where did I say I was going to personally take the sceptre? I said it needs to be returned to House Naprous. The sceptre is the property of House Naprous, I do not recall ever stating otherwise.

Lord Guy

Perhaps you were distracted, or perhaps I didn't make myself clear enough - but whatever the cause of the misunderstanding, what I was attempting to put forward was that the Sceptre should be returned to the Imperium - to be protected and kept safe by your House, just as the young Carmen is, until she is ready to claim it, in the name of the Naprous legacy.

We were actually inferring you to be suitable guardians for the Sceptre, in such an event, not potential thieves.

As for the Gnolls, and Orcs.. Well, honestly, they had not even come to mind.
We consider them human, as true Imperial subjects.
If we did not, where could we draw the line? Surely the blue-skins of Thana would not be safe, and we would suffer a great loss without them, i'm sure you'll agree.

No, the sub-humans I refer to here are all who live outside Imperial Law and Jurisdiction - whether they be Evvi, Transcendental, Symbiote or even Human bandits.
If we can turn them against one another, then surely the Imperium can not fail to profit?

- Remi

Adrogans
Jul 07, 2011, 01:54 PM
OOC - Hahah, sorry sarcasm doesn't carry well in text. My bad, will edit.

We can understand that interpretation of Sub-Human and withdraw our ealier comments, apologies for the misunderstanding.

Lord Guy

Terrance888
Jul 07, 2011, 02:03 PM
1. Have a confusing Imperial government based on a massive tripod based on more divisions of power
2. Have annoying people that are somehow out of the universal government
3. ???
4. Profit!

spryllino
Jul 07, 2011, 05:17 PM
Negotiations in private are now continuing towards the possibility of a compromise settlement.

hbar
Jul 07, 2011, 05:59 PM
OOC: Now see, this is a good example of why negotiations should be conducted in private. I didn't know, nor could I have known, that Captain Velace's statement wasn't the official voice of the Evvis. I got myself all into a huff, and if a deal is struck, it'll be some painful backtracking for me (I changed my avatar, dagnabbit!)

Kyzarc Fotjage
Jul 07, 2011, 06:14 PM
No disrespect of course, but I find it interesting that the Church has this rather large fleet and the resources of an entire heavily settled planet, and yet the only overt contributions to the Stigmata war effort I know of are a couple battalions contributed by the Brothers Battle. Is the Church sending help in less public ways or, if not, could they kindly explain, as the serfs may say, 'What's up' before they try to open up another front in our unending wars against aliens and heresy?

Immaculate
Jul 07, 2011, 06:22 PM
From Quelus Heventi,

The Church's 3rd duty to mankind is currently to rebuild Errovus Secondus following the plague of the late mad-regent.

Its 2nd duty is to protect mankind from the sin and treachery of the evvis devils.

The 1st duty is to guide the righteous flock and prevent those evils and temptations that have proven to lead to our downfall.

In addition, we have an entire arm of the church, the Brothers Battle, dedicated to the eradication of the Symbiot threat. Know also that we have stood against threats that you, in your happy ignorance, are not aware of, and we are rebuilding from those contests.

No... the church is not idle and its duty to mankind is never-ending. While I appreciate that the flippant tone the Quin take with the Universal Church is not meant to offend, not all will agree with me, especially considering your willingness to endanger your souls and the souls of the vassals you are sworn to protect by trading with infidels and traitors.

Vertinari118
Jul 07, 2011, 06:44 PM
To Quelus Heventi

With all due respect Cardinal, dealing with or at least ignoring these 'infidels' for now is the best course of action to take and for this reason I fully support House Texier in their negotiations and their campaign for Regency. I have yet to see a convincing argument as to why the resources of the Church, Administration and Noble Houses of the Imperium of Man should be diverted into an avoidable conflict with an unknown power. The Symbiot are a known threat and only this year nearly broke through the Imperial Fleet to spread across the Known Worlds. Your fleet and resources would be better deployed assisting in guarding the souls of humanity from the soul-consuming Symbiots, who are a known and very real threat, than punishing the elves for their past sins. Indeed you say that the first goal of the Church is to protect us from temptations that might lead to our downfall. Surely succumbing to the temptation to punish the elves should be guarded against? They have committed wrongs in the past but we live in the present and we must not be blinded by hatred. Succumbing to hatred now would be extremely unwise, in my humble lay opinion, and could lead to our downfall; or does the Church have the resources to persecute a war against an entire race on its own?

On a different note, may those of us who are not ordained as members of the Clergy be enlightened as to what foe the Church has been fighting on our behalf, presumably beyond the Known Worlds? I, for one, wish to be told about threats to my very existence so that I might aid the Church in their struggle and so that I might prepare my own defenses against the threat.

Immaculate
Jul 07, 2011, 06:48 PM
From Quelus Heventi
To House Xicier,

I have said too much already. It is improper of me to speak without authority. We must all, myself included, not forget our place in these worlds, our place to heed the words spoken by those better and more pious then ourselves. Perhaps in time, should you be worthy, you will receive knowledge of what you know not.

hbar
Jul 07, 2011, 06:53 PM
I may add, hopefully without reproach, that the Cardinal speaks true of other threats. That the Church has fought and lost many lives to protect us, that they do so without boast or braggart, shows true the humility only service in His name may bring.

thomas.berubeg
Jul 08, 2011, 11:09 AM
Darksaber, there have been developments in the UI group you should check

Terrance888
Jul 08, 2011, 12:35 PM
Jonas Hadrel Aries watched as his cousin, George Vari-Hadrel, fiddle with a small model and scowl. From what Jonas can see, it was some sort of rack on top of a movable turret, itself on top of a vehicle. He had already finished his job: make more scale models based on the Engineering drawings that George is spewing out after the day-to-day management of his fief is taken over by George’s uncle, Gerald, but his hand shuddered as he replicated flaw after mistake. No wonder George was so frustrated. He frowned a little, feeling lonely all by himself.

He stretched and looked at his uniform. An Engineer’s plane, square, and chalk hung from his left side. From his right side was one of the salvaged Tablet ‘Interactive Visual Radios‘ saved from the past: One more perk of helping design a game-changing weapon, I guess. On his right hand was a small watch that Mark made for him years ago, and on his left hand was a small wrist-wallet holding change: money is more precious than one realized when the price of Apples has increased sixfold. His jeans were careworn but not shredded, and his engineering shirt hung loosely after a long day’s milling and notes.

http://www.4x4offroads.com/image-files/4x4-snow-and-ice-dagur-fixing.jpg
The Good ‘ol Days; with a Contract, a Set Project, and Plenty of Coffee and Tobacco

Somehow, he must have made a sound, for George looked up. His minor noble’s breeding, even only for a few generations, shone from his simple, caring face. The nose hung at an angle that makes almost all expressions haughty and his hair seemed to glow in the soft light. “What’s wrong?” George asked, voice filled with concern..

“Nothing, just thinking about my brother,” answered Jonas, not altogether lying. “How about you”?

“Bad, really bad. I can’t get this scale model to fit. Come here and help me out.” He gestured to a stool beside him. “Comeon, I don’t bite-Hard.”

Jonas grinned, “Ah well. Let me see.”

He looked at the model and then turned to George, “This is impossible. You can’t do that!”

http://brisray.com/optill/imptri.gif
“WTF is that?”- Random Coworker after George somehow made it work.

“Says who? You can’t tell me what to do!” cried the noble, “I drew it, marked it, and made it. It works!”

“Says reality,” responded Jonas, “You can’t have angles go in such a way!”

“Oh Jonas, why do you take all the jokes so hard?” asked George, grinning again, “Give that back, this is the real problem.”

He gave Jonas a complex schematics for some sort of a vehicle. George then nodded towards an overflowing can filled with thrown-away ideas. “I can’t figure out how to make it have enough Artillary firepower, close-ranged defense, and speed.” He explained, “The Armament must be powerful enough to take out at least five inches of creamasteel bunker, a standard Heavy tank or five feet of dugout for an indirect hit.” He pulled out an example slab of modified steel, “Yet it also has to be able to defend itself in the desert,” upon which he pulled up the close-up schematics for the deflection of infantry-standard rounds as well as shaped-charge warheads more common in assault companies, “And it has to be no more than a standard deviation from the Desert Raptor.” He wailed, “It can’t be done! And the logistics train: if we use Rockets we need a trail of trucks, if we use shells we need a trail of maintenance vehicles.”

Jonas didn’t say anything as George calmed down. He looked over the engineering papers, trying to connect his experience with models, the Desert Raptor, and this new information. Then, he said, “I think I might have a solution.”

George, eager all of a sudden, nearly pounced upon him “What? Really? Can you tell me?”

“I can show you” said Jonas, as he pulled out another sheet of Engineering Graph paper, “Get some coffee, we will be staying all night.”

“Yes Sir” smirked George, “And thank you” he whispered after making sure no other workers are nearby, “I really like you, you know. You remind me of a brother I never had.”

“Me too” whispered Jonas, he chocked a little, swallowed, then spoke, “You protected me like a father who was never there for us.” Then he turned back to the Graph Paper and begun drawing, “Ah… be back soon, I want to finish this by the Decimdies Rest.”

spryllino
Jul 08, 2011, 01:33 PM
Edit: actually, never mind.

Seon
Jul 09, 2011, 07:32 AM
I am now back 100%. And I will not allow myself to be cowed by the Orthodoxy any longer. Elves have made it clear to me that they will not bow to the Church, and I won't lose in mindset to an NPC of all people.

I won't stand down. I am enforcing this treaty.

If you don't think I have the will to do so, than just watch me. Spry, your resignation is accepted. But if you want it back and want to focus on the damned symbiote instead of worrying about what I do, then just call.

This is the most challenging task that Immaculate shoved at me. It would be rude to just drop it. If you have any complaints, than shoot. But I won't change my mind. If you think this may destroy the Imperium, then just don't stand in my way and don't help the opposing party. Watch in horror, but don't shoot yourself in the foot. I still have few aces up my sleeve.

Northen Wolf
Jul 09, 2011, 09:55 AM
wait, what? Do I understand correctly that orthodox church did not call the crusade and elves submitted peacefully or what is going on?

Adrogans
Jul 09, 2011, 10:27 AM
You're mad if we understand correctly.

Immaculate
Jul 09, 2011, 10:37 AM
My understanding,

1) Ludenard Akatas is not standing down as regent.
2) Ludenard Akatas intends to uphold the treaty of Kent (keul?)
3) Ludenard Akatas intends to place regency military resources in the way of the Holy Church's crusade so as to uphold the treaty of Kent (keul?)

I would ask, however, that Seon write an IC declaration.

LDiCesare
Jul 09, 2011, 12:25 PM
Yes, please, Seon. Do make an IC declaration.
You are making public reference to a resignation noone read about.
You are also, more importantly, holding everyone's orders.
If you stand by the treaty as it is, then it's easy for everyone to submit orders.
If there's a new treaty that is signed, we need to know it before we can give orders.
If, as you once said, you resign, then we need to organise elections, so it's still more time.

spryllino
Jul 09, 2011, 12:29 PM
I, Jyut Texier, will stand and fight the Symbiots, and, contrary to my earlier (unfortunately useless) threat, will not resign, furious as I am at my negotiations being overriden.

Please send all the promised money regardless, so I can rebuild the Fleet. The no doubt impending reduction in Regency funds due to the presumably oncoming interdict renders the need for extra funds all the more necessary.

Immaculate
Jul 09, 2011, 12:32 PM
Seon, get an IC declaration up by Tonight or tomorrow early okay?

Then, assuming no election, we can make orders due on Wednesday... how does that sound to everyone?

Finally, if there are elections, i want your votes by wednesday, then i'll declare the winner on thursday and the regent can appoint the various posts, then we can make orders due by next sunday or monday.

Lets keep this game moving.

Adrogans
Jul 09, 2011, 01:37 PM
Fleet money will only come if you promise it does not go to fighting the church.

spryllino
Jul 09, 2011, 01:40 PM
I will not deploy any of the Fleet's resources this turn except to produce new ships and fight the Symbiots, and to carry out the remaining necessary repairs on the Imperial fiefdoms on E2 following the plague.

Terrance888
Jul 09, 2011, 02:23 PM
semi-OOC Idea: I propose we eliminate the post of Regent, as it surely causes madness and the eroding away of the holder's soul. Instead, the Three Imperial Posts will jointly act together and be elected separately.

mgsmuhammad
Jul 09, 2011, 02:26 PM
Semi-OOC answer: No.

Saint Vladimir Eekin underwent unimaginable adversity to unite the Imperium behind one man.

To relinquish it within just 7 years of his death would be a disgustingly pitiful outcome - a failure of Alexandrian proportions.

Terrance888
Jul 09, 2011, 02:38 PM
OOC: Well, he didn't forsee that Power Corrupts; Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WithGreatPowerComesGreatInsanity).

mgsmuhammad
Jul 09, 2011, 02:43 PM
OOC: By the same standard, over the course of his eternal life, Barbatos must now have a heart as black as the ace of spades.

And I really don't trust a council of three to provide any more resistance to the Church's intervention than one.

Frankly, if Seon's decision to stand up for us is mad, then i'll take his madness over the madness of answering the Church's call to attack the Evvis any day.

hbar
Jul 09, 2011, 02:47 PM
How did Akatas come to power in the first place? I don't remember voting for him, or seeing him win an election. This whole situation feels kind of like going out to the bar for a pint and waking up in Prague in a tub of ice with your kidneys missing.

Diamondeye
Jul 09, 2011, 02:52 PM
How did Akatas come to power in the first place? I don't remember voting for him, or seeing him win an election. This whole situation feels kind of like going out to the bar for a pint and waking up in Prague in a tub of ice with your kidneys missing.

Would you know how that feels? :eek:

Immaculate
Jul 09, 2011, 02:52 PM
There is an election next year regardless of what happens this year. the end of Archibald's regency ends... basically archibald is the regent and he is letting Seon take over... i think thats the explanation. Ekolite or seon can correct me.

hbar
Jul 09, 2011, 02:53 PM
No, but I know someone who might.

By the way, anyone know where a man might sell some kidneys?

Immaculate
Jul 09, 2011, 03:06 PM
So....

There are a lot of issues about the scepters that isn't really clear... like how come they allowed Ekolite to make Seon regent. and how can they know its time to call elections if someone steps down (as opposed to dying for example).

The truth is, when i designed the game, i just stole the scepter idea from a video game and didn't put TOO much thought into it. Now i am getting interesting questions (both in thread and outside) and i realize i need to outline exactly how they work.

If you guys have some ideas for the 'rules' of the scepters, especially vis-a-vis elections and when they are called, please forward them to me and i'll try to post something that makes more sense than the confusion and mess that currently reigns.

EDIT: i don't want to change whats already in place- just clarify and codify it.

spryllino
Jul 09, 2011, 04:06 PM
I reckon the Sceptres would work best as follows:

The signals transmitted between sceptre-holders are telepathic in nature.

Each sceptre-holder is alerted to the elections being called by a similar telepathic signal from an unknown source, as though it were coming from some other anonymous sceptre-holder (who, I might speculate, might be some Kappa or other, or anyone else).

The sceptre-holders vote by a standard telepathic sceptre-communication to the mysterious election-controller, who precedes to announce the result and then fade back into the background again.

The election-controller knows how to act entirely because he follows the law, whatever that is held to be, rigourously. He may or may not be sentient or make use of discretion, and he may or may not be able to understand the actual human political situation, but presumably not.

Anyway, that seems to me to be the most internally consistent way of organising the sceptre-voting procedure, although, of course, the procedure could alternately be pretty much robotic and entirely dependent on the proclamation of the current Regent, who calls the election by pressing a button, or something similar, and then the voting Sceptre-holders do the same, whereupon the result is automatically broadcasted across Imperium fiefdoms and unit groups and everywhere else and therefore the Imperial forces acknowledge the new Regent-elect as their Regent.

LDiCesare
Jul 09, 2011, 05:32 PM
I sent Immac a detailed explanation of another possibility.
It all depends on how the system was set up.
How the vote is done does not matter much (telepathy or otherwise).
A centralised system is not necessary, although it is the simplest way to ensure secrecy. It is, however, possible to program the sceptres to send the result anonymously with a distributed system (e.g. each sceptre sends its current result list to the next sceptre in a linked list, and when the sceptres have accumulated all the votes, then the result is complete. this information could be hacked in one sceptre to know what partial results are, but wouldn't allow nominal information of who voted for what. I might come up with a better system if I actually tried to devise one - if changing one's vote is forbidden, then it's quite trivial actually).
What would be this central system, where would it be, etc. is my biggest issue. I miss the point of adding an element to a system in order to solve the system, unless it is impossible otherwise.

The issue with your proposal is that it does not answer the question, like when they are called, who can call them and so on. You suppose there is a "law" written somewhere (so you'd have to write the corresponding code of law to answer the question), and then there is some "controller" (second assumption). Neither is needed, and you don't answer the question "when they are called".

You also assume that the sceptres broadcast information to fiefdoms. This is problematic, as the sceptres are the only way to communicate between worlds, and some fiefdoms are isolated. Although I can't find the message back (probably not in thread, maybe in a trashed PM), I remember Immac stating the only communication between worlds was between sceptres. I proposed a sceptre to large-big-immobile machine system to explain how it was possible to send orders when you actually have 1 sceptre and several planets to control (therefore no way to communicate between your planets in less than 3 or 6 months IF a freigther goes that way) but was told no. So there is no broadcasting, and the sceptres act as a closed system that only interact with sceptre-holders (and maybe external unknown controllers).

Immaculate
Jul 10, 2011, 12:56 AM
These are the known functions of the sceptres.

take four years to bind to,
binding results in cessation of aging and freedom from most diseases and toxins,
allow instantaneous telepathic communication with any single or group of other scepter-bound individuals,
allow the scepter-bound to vote for the regency
force a vote for the regency every four years (or when the current regent ceases binding to the scepter or dies) with only individuals binding to or bound to a scepter as eligible candidates
force a vote for the regency when the current regent willingly abdicates
allow the regency to appoint a scepter-bound (or binding) individual to the posts of imperial fleet, garrison or eye commander
force the regent to appoint a new imperial fleet, garrison or eye commander upon the death, failure to complete binding, or abdication of the imperial commander, or the regent’s displeasure

Other unknown functions may exist and they are rumored to punish a regent who refuses to vacate his office.

So, as far as the scepters are concerned, Archibald Tarsenusis, is still regent- even if Ludenard Akatas is acting regent. I wanted to keep the scepters simple but actually codify how they work, so that’s it. I’ve actually put some thought into this- and LDi helped a lot and this is what I (we) came up with.

Ekolite
Jul 10, 2011, 06:27 AM
As Regent-elect of this Empire I am hereby demanding the immediate resignation of Ludenard Akatas as the caretaker Regent. Elections are to be called immediately, and no further action regarding the Treaty of Kent, or official negotiations with the Elves, are to be carried out until a new Regent has been chosen.

Northen Wolf
Jul 10, 2011, 08:06 AM
OOC: Bold move

Immaculate
Jul 10, 2011, 10:52 AM
As Regent-elect of this Empire I am hereby demanding the immediate resignation of Ludenard Akatas as the caretaker Regent. Elections are to be called immediately, and no further action regarding the Treaty of Kent, or official negotiations with the Elves, are to be carried out until a new Regent has been chosen.

Although the scepters will respond to you.... the regency personnel is unsure who their boss is. As far as they are concerned, you gave up your position. But for many others, they are relieved at a chance for peace with the church. Depending on the actions of Ludenard Akatas, this could divide the regency (though the elections of a new regent by the scepters may provide legitimacy to any decision)

Immaculate
Jul 10, 2011, 10:54 AM
OKay, you all have until Wednesday to get your votes in. May the campaigning begin.

LDiCesare
Jul 10, 2011, 11:00 AM
Just letting you know I'll be without internet access from the 13th to the 22nd. This means I won't be able to submit orders before the 22 (I might access a cybercafe but that's not sure and I may lack time to send orders). I'll try to send some provisional orders, but they will be conditional to the results of the election.

Immaculate
Jul 10, 2011, 11:29 AM
Thank you LDi. If i need to 'fill in' our orders a bit depending on what happens when you leave, you may want to include some additional contingencies and general broad-stroke goals.

I hope you are on family vacation and enjoying yourself.

spryllino
Jul 10, 2011, 12:49 PM
I, Jyut Texier, am a candidate for election as Regent.

If elected,
I will continue to try to negotiate a treaty with the Elves, and I will rebuild the Fleet, as I said before.
I will endeavour to increase the Regency's internal income, which has fallen recently, by raising taxes, reforming the administration, repairing damages done by the plague on Errovus Secondus, judicious expansion of fiefdoms in places where the expansion does not serve to hinder anyone else, and, above all, by restoring relations with the Church so that taxes are actually paid to the Regency; the net result of this should be to reduce the long-term need for contributions from the Noble Houses, although these will be sought in the short term.
I will provide for the evacuation of Stigmata carefully when the RKV hits, and, especially if that fails, I will reinforce Stigmata with troops that are currently deployed in unnecessary locations as well as with new ones.

To House Koriate

We suggest that Akatas resign, as he is about to be ousted anyway, not least because this would save him the trouble of being excommunicated and fighting a civil war on the losing side with the other two-thirds of the Regency and the rest of the Imperium, and with the Church.

Seon
Jul 10, 2011, 10:39 PM
Just took care of some loose ends.

And finally comes a legitimate excuse to abandon the post. Very well, I am stepping down.

Northen Wolf
Jul 10, 2011, 11:04 PM
If elected, House Hyppean will make sure, that the Empire and its traditions are kept strong. We will make sure, that money will be directed into either economical improvement or directly into fighting the symbiots. In fact, we are going to increase empires income.

When Hyppean gets to power:

A) Taxes will be forced to everyone and increased, Empire has to unite and survive. Anyone against this is giving away their right to be in the Empire and will be dealth with as the enemies of the Empire.
B) Anyone not accepting the will of the Empire or showing too many signs of republicanism shall be dealth with, as brutally as possible
C) Any Elves-lover and Elves themselves will be burnt, reanimated (if we can), burnt again and their ashes thrown into the space. No mercy to the ones who betrayed us and Pancreator!
D) Holy Church right to spread religion and its expansion will be supported. Church represents what is best and serves the Pancreator, way better than most "minor Houses".
G) In fact, any minor houses who dare to disrespect the empire or overvalue their measly position in the Empire, will be punished. Hard. From behind. Twice. On a same day. For longer than three hours during each session*. Sessions last for a month.
E) Conquered Elven lands shall be shared fairly by the right of conquests - those Houses who do more, get rights on more land. Up to 50% of colonization costs shall be payed the Empire. Thieves and Traitors have no right for property. But those who fight in the name of Law, Empire and Pancreator shall gain rewards for participating in the war against the wicked.
Z) Any land gained from minor or major houses, who choose to betray the Empire, shall belong to the houses who conquered them. If there are many houses who claim the right for land, The one who gains most of the land shall pay equal amount of money to cover the costs of war and loss of land, to those who Also claim rights to certain areas of land. 20% of all conquered lands belong to the Empire. The Empire will co finance keeping peace and order in freshly annexed lands.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_BEz2tA7YEWg/SSHA_aZSxdI/AAAAAAAAEMQ/1G0uYhx7tJk/2156.jpg
Hyppean for regent! Vote for House of Hyppean and Support the restoration of EMPEROR seat and strengthening the Empire! All those who will not vote for Hyppean are considered traitors of the Empire. But emperor might be Merciful

For prosperity, stronger empire and Better* future! What could go wrong with this plan?

Signed,
By unknown noble of Hyppean
Signature is quite a scramble and its far from calligraphic text that nobles usually use

Seon
Jul 10, 2011, 11:15 PM
Madness isn't contagious, is it, Immaculate?

Northen Wolf
Jul 10, 2011, 11:19 PM

For the united empire and Better Hyppean everyone future! Go TEAM!

OOC Edit: This is campaign is for real. There's a surprise in it. Ask from Seon or Ekolite =)

spryllino
Jul 11, 2011, 01:20 AM
You can't run unless you're a sceptre-holder or binding to a sceptre.

Northen Wolf
Jul 11, 2011, 01:33 AM
Are you showing disrespect towards your Emperor? Down with you, you heretic and traitor! May your sons choke into their own furballs.
-Unknown Hyppean noble

LDiCesare
Jul 11, 2011, 02:10 AM
We believed Hyppean to be proud and noble. If so, o noble hyppeans, why is one of you hiding behind anonymity when making important statements? It is not even possible to vote for you if we don't know who we are voting for (OOC: Immac, confirm?).

Now that 2 candidates have expressed their opinion, please let me ask you some details about your respective projects.

Both of you want an increase in taxes. Some internal, some requiring others to provide funds. As we think all houses should provide half their income for 2 years in order to simply rebuild the fleet, I agree that such tax-raising is necessary, and short term taxation from all organisations looks like the only solution to prevent the Symbiots from spreading further.
Texier imply this taxation of houses is a short term solution, while Hyppean seem to say it's long term. Is that correct, Hyppean?
Texier wants a truce with the elves, while Hyppean want to crusade against them. However, Hyppean doesn't give any details as to how they plan to do this.
"In fact, any minor houses who dare to disrespect the empire or overvalue their measly position in the Empire, will be punished." So... You are expecting minor houses to vote for you? :)
"Up to 50% of colonization costs shall be payed the Empire." With what money? The Imperium must rebuild the Fleet already, and this would require all of the combined Imperium's income for one year. Would you state how the budget will be split between traditional Imperium activities (fighting the Symbiots) and the Crusade?
What annexations of minor and major houses are you talking about, Hyppean? Don't you think a war against the symbiots and a war against the elves are enough for us to wage? Or do you plan some internal wars in addition?

Kentharu
Jul 11, 2011, 04:09 AM
Those Hyppean guys need to relax, maybe get laid. Or smoke some of this stuff. Or both.

Probably both.

-Known Kilgore Noble, Alron Gore (AKA Pimp Daddy Al)

mgsmuhammad
Jul 11, 2011, 04:49 AM

OOC: Depends.

Did anyone stick you with a needle full of Black Blood recently?

Northen Wolf
Jul 11, 2011, 04:57 AM
We believed Hyppean to be proud and noble. If so, o noble hyppeans, why is one of you hiding behind anonymity when making important statements? It is not even possible to vote for you if we don't know who we are voting for (OOC: Immac, confirm?).

OOC: So far it has not been a problem, has it?

IC: I am a proud representative of Hyppean mightiest Military leaders and their house. I am known for my dedication, singlemindedness and strength. Some call me insane, others say that I am a visionary. But I have a goal in mind. I will unite this galaxy under one Empire. One empire, which is strong and rich. I'm the servant and I am the master. I serve the Pancreator. I serve centralized Empire. I'm known as Karrif of Harnoth. I belong in the same house of Garrik Harnoth, yet I'm not the same as he is. He is a great leader of armies. He is a great human. But I'm neither, yet.

True, I'm not as strong as Garrik. True, I am not as experience in the arts of war, as Garrik is. But I am known for my dedication, for my brutality. My goals are clear and no one shall get in my way. I am known as
G'rrif Bloodmaker of Harnoth's.

I was once a pathetic "minor" noble, not respected by humans, not even thought that any of us - whom you call with nicknames like "furry" and "doggies" - could become leading families of any house. Well, I stand here, on my own two feet. Over the years, I've chewed and clawed my way to the top. And I will not stop here. One day, I shall lead hundreds of packs in both war and in peace. One day, we can all howl towards the moon in peace under one strong empire. Under one strong faith.

I'm G'rrif. Also know as Bloodmaker. I am from Harnoth tribe - you call these tribes, with the name of 'noble family line', but I respect my ancestors. I am not a "weak human". like you are - I can tear any of you apart with just my claws. But my claws are not all that I have, Pancreator has blessed me with Sharp mind, my tongue is clever and quick to react and my friends are many, my claws are strong - they will rip apart any of my enemies - and they cover in fear. I stand here. Most of them lie, torn to shreds by my own hands. My fur is bold and shiny.

I'm G'rrif Bloodmaker of Harnoths. And I shall lead the empire towards better future.

Now that 2 candidates have expressed their opinion, please let me ask you some details about your respective projects.

OOC: I expect Adrogans and maybe few others to join the campaigning too. This is mostly to introduce a new ACC into my house and to get few NPC votes maybe :D

Both of you want an increase in taxes. Some internal, some requiring others to provide funds. As we think all houses should provide half their income for 2 years in order to simply rebuild the fleet, I agree that such tax-raising is necessary, and short term taxation from all organisations looks like the only solution to prevent the Symbiots from spreading further.

This is true. You are smart and I'd lick your head, if you'd be my son, but you are not and this is not a human tradition, so I'll shake your hand, next time we meet. I have a vision - it shows me one, great, united empire with strong emperor in charge of the Empire. Anyone against this, is a potential traitor and enemy. A pack can not be lead by all wolves. A pack can only be lead by one wolf and his mate, who gives advice and a different point of view to the issues present.

Texier imply this taxation of houses is a short term solution, while Hyppean seem to say it's long term. Is that correct, Hyppean?

As your wealth increases, so should the wealth of the Emperor increase. As you wealth decreases, so should Emperors coffers fall short of gold. Just as the Alpha Wolf cares for his pack and its prosperity, so should Emperor care for his subjects. And all subjects should respect the Emperor - because he is the leader and he knows the best. Those who do not, shall be punished and eventually wiped out by the entire pack. This way, Emperor is forced to care of its subjects and not just develop new plans of world domination, as well as his subjects are forced to care of the Emperor.

Texier wants a truce with the elves, while Hyppean want to crusade against them. However, Hyppean doesn't give any details as to how they plan to do this.
"In fact, any minor houses who dare to disrespect the empire or overvalue their measly position in the Empire, will be punished." So... You are expecting minor houses to vote for you? :)
I am expecting those whose minds are not poisoned by the republicanism to vote for the Greater Empire! Elves have damaged us. Elves unleashed these bloody symbiots. Twice. Elves do not deserve peace, unless they fall on their knees and beg us to forgive them and take them as slaves. Pancreator shall provide us with means of crusade. If you don't believe this, your faith is weak.

"Up to 50% of colonization costs shall be payed the Empire." With what money? The Imperium must rebuild the Fleet already, and this would require all of the combined Imperium's income for one year. Would you state how the budget will be split between traditional Imperium activities (fighting the Symbiots) and the Crusade?
Absurd amounts of money is wasted by all houses. Absurds amounts of money is earned by the Eye and Regency, how they are used - we don't know. When did the "regent" or anyone else, other than garrison last improve their hunting grounds? When did they last improved their business, when did they last expand their colonies? They have just sat here, with money coming in from ancient investments. And used it to develop new units, which have been used - only a little. The one who does not care of his den and his hunting grounds, shall eventually starve. Instead, this funding could be loaned out, deals could be made, expansion could be done. But no. We just sit here. Not willing to find new hunting grounds, not caring that our pray learns to keep away from our territory.

What annexations of minor and major houses are you talking about, Hyppean? Don't you think a war against the symbiots and a war against the elves are enough for us to wage? Or do you plan some internal wars in addition?
I am not a coward. I am not threatened by those who almost destroyed our world twice. I am certain, that our soldiers on Stigmata will win. I have faith in Pancreator. So should you.

And annexion - all the lands which are gained through conquests or elimination of those who refuse to submit to the Empire. I think of the future.

Those Hyppean guys need to relax, maybe get laid. Or smoke some of this stuff. Or both.

Probably both.

-Known Kilgore Noble, Alron Gore (AKA Pimp Daddy Al)

There shall be no rest and leisure, more than it is necessary to recover your wounds, in a strong pack. We have territory to secure, new one to conquer, more to develop at this given moment and even more to do in the future. Your words speak of laziness. But alas, lazy dogs are shot by their masters, because it is useless to keep a servant who never serves you.

-G'rrif Bloodmaker of Harnoth's.

Ekolite
Jul 11, 2011, 05:31 AM
Holy Gate calls upon the Union of Inceilla and all other Houses of this Empire to resist attempts by the Imperium to tax us like common men. We believe that all transfers of funds from House to Empire should be done on a purely voluntarily basis. Holy Gate will not be taxed.

Furthermore, I am appalled that this animal is attempting to stand for the Regency. Back to the forest with you!

Helena van Hersula, acting leader of HG on Inceilla

Northen Wolf
Jul 11, 2011, 06:57 AM
Holy Gate calls upon the Union of Inceilla and all other Houses of this Empire to resist attempts by the Imperium to tax us like common men. We believe that all transfers of funds from House to Empire should be done on a purely voluntarily basis. Holy Gate will not be taxed.

Furthermore, I am appalled that this animal is attempting to stand for the Regency. Back to the forest with you!

Helena van Hersula, acting leader of HG on Inceilla

I speak. I think. I can compete with any of you. I have a soul like you and I am a willing servant of Pancreator. You have no reason nor power to badmouth me or my kin. You don't even have right to badmouth my kin. Your authority is nonexisting, other than being leader of your own cult, you have nothing. Tell us one thing that you have done for the Empire? Have you *ever* supported war efforts? Have you even cared about war efforts with symbiots? what about anything else? Well? And now you are telling that you don't have to pay for the empire? Money hunger never sees what comes in the future. But what to I know, I think of the future, you think of nothing.

Mind your tone with me, you human. Your resistance to improving the Empire, your housemates pathetic work at bein' Regent and your poor decision skill (when you chose 'new regent'), in addition your deformed religion. These things don't speak much for your benefit.

-G'rrif 'Bloodmaker' Harnoth

Ekolite
Jul 11, 2011, 07:17 AM
House Holy Gate has held the positions of both Regency and Imperial Eye, for many years we have led the way against the Symbiots, providing vast funds of my own and negotiating with the minor Houses for generous donations for which the Garrison should be forever grateful. In the aftermath of the great plague of Errovos Seccundus, our leader the venerable Archibald Tarsenusis, Bishop of the Holy Church, was amongst the first to transfer to the planet against the advice of his staff, to help lead the efforts to restore order and rebuild the ruinous economic centre of this Empire.

What has your own House done to serve the Empire except consistantly fail as leader, and then primary advisor to the Garrison? Your views are entirely warped, preaching persecution of the Minor Houses, yet consorting with bestial races. Preaching unity and strength for the Empire, yet advocating internal war against good men dubbed ''traitors'' for daring to stand against the monstrous, over-baring Regency you propose.

You will never have our votes.

Immaculate
Jul 11, 2011, 07:18 AM
You have to be be binding to a scepter or bound to a scepter to run for regency. Sorry Karif. You dishonor your great and noble house.

spryllino
Jul 11, 2011, 07:38 AM

I do not intend to tax noble houses: I intend to raise internal taxes only. Until I can raise sufficient Regency funds internally or elsewhere to make it unnecessary, I will continue to request contributions from noble houses on a purely voluntary basis. I am entirely set against compulsory taxation of the nobility, because it is an intolerable breach of our liberty and because it is also entirely impractical.

OOC: Thank goodness, I thought this was some nefarious major-house plot for a moment. :p

By the way, I'm away from the 18th to the 24th, so I need to put my orders in at very latest on Sunday. So please could anyone opposing me put their name forward quickly, so we can get things moving?

Northen Wolf
Jul 11, 2011, 08:19 AM
You have to be be binding to a scepter or bound to a scepter to run for regency. Sorry Karif. You dishonor your great and noble house.

I will become emperor. Not even this voice in my head can stop me.
-G'rrif

spryllino
Jul 11, 2011, 08:46 AM
To Garrik Harnoth, Yannis Arenoth, and Tenith Erona
From Jyut Texier

What is going on here? Do you endorse the illegal candidacy of Tarrif Harnoth?

Northen Wolf
Jul 11, 2011, 08:56 AM
To Garrik Harnoth, Yannis Arenoth, and Tenith Erona
From Jyut Texier

What is going on here? Do you endorse the illegal candidacy of Tarrif Harnoth?

We do not support his candidacy, however we are doing our best to silence him. It has been difficult, cuz reaching this crazy gnoll is .... well ... difficult. G'rrif seems to claim, that the Emperor and the Regency are different positions. And he wants to become (and is campaigning for) to become an Empror. We can do little to silence his voice among E2 citizens - we have no ACC's there. But this problem will be rooted out as soon as possible. We officially apologize for his behaviour, thankfully he never said to represent House Hyppean and only referred to his Family line (Harnoth). He is not officially accepted as House Hyppean foreign Politican.

mgsmuhammad
Jul 11, 2011, 09:00 AM
OOC: Does he want to be God-Emperor?

Mr. Akatas, hide your Sceptre quickly!

LDiCesare
Jul 11, 2011, 09:01 AM
[B]OOC Edit: This is campaign is for real. There's a surprise in it. Ask from Seon or Ekolite =)
OOC: Since it is not, please don't say it is.

Northen Wolf
Jul 11, 2011, 09:34 AM
OOC: Since it is not, please don't say it is.

It added dramatic turn to the events :/ eh I fail at everything.

spryllino
Jul 11, 2011, 09:41 AM
Right, well, mad gnolls aside, do I have any opponents? House Query, have you any intention of fielding a candidate?

Adrogans
Jul 11, 2011, 09:44 AM
Yes, though finally having internet access again I will be taking a while to respond to that IC.

Sorry for delay.

Terrance888
Jul 11, 2011, 11:33 AM
minds are not poisoned by the republicanism to vote
-snip- (rest of the speeches)
Um...

I'll back away slowly, drop my bag of Firebirds on the ground, and check to make sure no one slipped me drugs.

TRUE IC:

I am eager to see what the Query has to offer between Jyut's comparably conservative manifesto and um-I can't pronounce this!- Bloodmaker's liberal... application of blood and aggressive... plans for the future.

Get me a coffee, now; expresso, black: make that supersized. *sigh*

Adrogans
Jul 11, 2011, 11:44 AM
The Imperium needs a strong, steady, and power armored fist to steady the ship upon these troubled waters the past seven years. The reforms and changes of the previous regents have appeared to cause nothing but trouble. We need to return to the foundations of the Imperium and repair them before they falter any more.

If elected, I will focus as ever the garrison and fleet resources towards the defense of humanity from the Symbiot threat. Any funds donated to them will be used solely to build, recruit, and design equipment and soldiers to fight the symbiot threat.

I will not stand in the way of the Church’s conflict with the Evvis. I will not abide the treaty made by the previous regent with the Evvis.

I will rebuild and expand the Imperial fiefdoms so that hopefully they will no longer need donations to maintain their defense of humanity and eventually cleanse Stigmata.

I will not infringe on the traditional rights of the nobility.

I will open the fleet yards if possible after expanding the fleet to be used to build freighters and such for noble houses as another source of income for the fleet. Note this will only take place once they have rebuilt and expanded their own forces to a point where it would not hinder the fleet to process orders from the nobility.

At the moment I have been told Hyppean wishes to step down, however I will not demand this. If Hyppean wishes to stay as garrison I will allow them to.

Fleet and Eye have not been decided upon yet, any who wish to take it on and believe they can let me know.

Lord Guy of the Fye Clan, The Query

Terrance888
Jul 11, 2011, 12:03 PM
Political Chart!

On the Evvis
I will continue to try to negotiate a treaty with the Elves
Any Elves-lover and Elves themselves will be burnt, reanimated (if we can), burnt again and their ashes thrown into the space. No mercy to the ones who betrayed us and Pancreator!
Conquered Elven lands shall be shared fairly by the right of conquests - those Houses who do more, get rights on more land. Up to 50% of colonization costs shall be payed the Empire.
Elves do not deserve peace, unless they fall on their knees and beg us to forgive them and take them as slaves
I will not stand in the way of the Church’s conflict with the Evvis. I will not abide the treaty made by the previous regent with the Evvis.

On the Rights of Nobles
None Yet
Anyone not accepting the will of the Empire or showing too many signs of republicanism shall be dealth with, as brutally as possible
In fact, any minor houses who dare to disrespect the empire or overvalue their measly position in the Empire, will be punished. Hard. From behind. Twice. On a same day. For longer than three hours during each session*. Sessions last for a month.
Thieves and Traitors have no right for property. But those who fight in the name of Law, Empire and Pancreator shall gain rewards for participating in the war against the wicked.
Any land gained from minor or major houses, who choose to betray the Empire, shall belong to the houses who conquered them. If there are many houses who claim the right for land, The one who gains most of the land shall pay equal amount of money to cover the costs of war and loss of land, to those who Also claim rights to certain areas of land. 20% of all conquered lands belong to the Empire. The Empire will co finance keeping peace and order in freshly annexed lands.
There shall be no rest and leisure, more than it is necessary to recover your wounds, in a strong pack. We have territory to secure, new one to conquer, more to develop at this given moment and even more to do in the future.
I will not infringe on the traditional rights of the nobility.

On the Imperial Fleet/Stigmata
I will rebuild the Fleet.
I will provide for the evacuation of Stigmata carefully when the RKV hits, and, especially if that fails, I will reinforce Stigmata with troops that are currently deployed in unnecessary locations as well as with new ones.
Not yet
I will open the fleet yards if possible after expanding the fleet to be used to build freighters and such for noble houses as another source of income for the fleet. Note this will only take place once they have rebuilt and expanded their own forces.

On the Imperial Fiefs
I will endeavour to increase the Regency's internal income, which has fallen recently, by raising taxes, reforming the administration, repairing damages done by the plague on Errovus Secondus, judicious expansion of fiefdoms in places where the expansion does not serve to hinder anyone else, and, above all, by restoring relations with the Church so that taxes are actually paid to the Regency; the net result of this should be to reduce the long-term need for contributions from the Noble Houses, although these will be sought in the short term.
When did they last improved their business, when did they last expand their colonies?(We will invest in our fiefs)
I will focus as ever the garrison and fleet resources towards the defense of humanity from the Symbiot threat. Any funds donated to them will be used solely to build, recruit, and design equipment and soldiers to fight the symbiot threat.

On Imperial Leadership
None yet
None Yet
At the moment I have been told Hyppean wishes to step down, however I will not demand this. If Hyppean wishes to stay as garrison I will allow them to.

Fleet and Eye have not been decided upon yet, any who wish to take it on and believe they can let me know.

On Fund Raising
My Program Will reduce the long-term need for contributions from the Noble Houses, although these will be sought in the short term.
Taxes will be forced to everyone and increased, Empire has to unite and survive. Anyone against this is giving away their right to be in the Empire and will be dealth with as the enemies of the Empire.
Any funds donated to them will be used solely to build, recruit, and design equipment and soldiers to fight the symbiot threat. (No Mention of Taxes)

Immaculate
Jul 11, 2011, 12:09 PM
Nice color-coding terrance.

From Pamela Sofenti
To the Would-Be Regents,

We wonder at your opinion of the recent evidence of spy activity amongst the Society of Engineer research facilities on the moon of Clarke and whom you will make commander of the Imperium Eye and what their focus and mandate shall be.

From Saeread Aekriah,
To the Would-Be Regents,

We wonder what role you imagine for nobles and transport. Lord Guy suggested that the traditional role of the Charioteers would be assumed by the nobility. Let us be clear that the role of the nobles is to serve the imperium and act as father and protector of their serfs, not to meddle in the affairs of merchants and guilders. We are more then happy to have the imperium or noble houses provide venture capital for investment in guilder enterprise but would suggest that you allow those who best know the sky-lanes and merchants of the worlds to do what they do best while the nobles do what THEY do best.

Adrogans
Jul 11, 2011, 12:17 PM
To Saeread Aekirah

No We respect and use your business frequently ourselves. All I offered was once the time it becomes possible if houses, our yourselves for that matter, wish to commision vessels to be built the Fleet will accomodate as another source of income for their defense of all humanity.

I have not said they will replace your function. Is this more clear?

To Pamela Sofenti

While I do confess interest in your efforts there so long as per our discussion you inform me if things appear to be becoming dangerous or severe before something happens I will respect your privacy.

spryllino
Jul 11, 2011, 03:48 PM
We agree in general terms with House Query on their responses to Sofenti and Aekreiah.

Aekriah (and everyone else): We do not intend to make a habit or a trade of selling freighters to the noble houses as we agree that this can be done better by the Charioteers, and we do not intend either to sell noble houses any ships capable of orbital bombardment except in exceptional circumstances because this is irresponsible. We will always judge all trade proposals reasonably, whether they come from Nobles, Clergy, or Guilders, and, like the Query, we will be open to receiving commissions for ships for anyone from the Fleet if this can be done with no harmful consequences.

Sofenti (and everyone else): Our candidate for the Imperial Eye is Tebryn Arbandi XII of House Bossheaim, who has proved himself an able commander of the Eye in recent years, and who is, unless they change their mind, the nominee of the Council of Minors for the position. Clearly it is absurd for me to reveal the focus of espionage policy under my Regency, but, certainly, I think that if you vote for Lord Fye, you will be sure that the Query's interests in Clarke will necessarily make them especially curious with regard to your activities.

To all:

I will tell you, as clearly as I can, why it is in the interests of all of you to vote for me as Regent and not Lord Fye, in a number of different ways. I respect Lord Fye immensely, but there are many good reasons why I am the more likely candidate to be beneficial to the Empire, and so I will spell them out as thoroughly as I can.

1) I have proved myself competent. I have held the Fleet command and fended off the most ferocious Symbiot attack since the days of St Cleary. I rebuilt my fiefdom exceptionally quickly after the plague. I was one of those chiefly responsible for the development of the vaccine. I advocated all along preventative action against the Authority to prevent the nuclear holocaust on Errovus Secondus. House Query, on the other hand, has not been similarly continuously involved in Imperial politics.

2) I am aware of the present situation. I understand everything in ways no-one else, in the present situation, can, and this means that I alone can easily rebuild the Fleet - I have a list of pledged donations from who for exactly how much and I know precisely what the options are in terms of spending it, and I have calculated the exact losses of the Fleet since the Emperor's assassination, and so I know precisely what I can expect to have and what I intend to spend it on. I have excellent relations with important Churchmen and I intend to continue to foster a positive relation with the Church and all the other most important people in the Known Worlds, whom I know well. I also know what diplomacy I have sent to the Elves and the Church on the present issue and others, and relations with them are so complex and dependent on so many issues that you may trust that I am the best candidate for understanding them, as I already do understand them.

3) I am an excellent administrator. I have more than doubled Texier income in the last seven years from 16MF to 40MF, and if you elect me my administrative skills will be devoted to doing the same sort of thing for the Regency. I am ideally placed to repair the damaged Regency and Fleet fiefs on Errovus Secondus, and I have an ACC, Endymion Texier, right on hand already intending to do just that this turn - and even if you elect Lord Fye, Endymion remains willing to do the job anyway. House Texier has the best taxation efficiency of all the noble houses, 26%, and we stand ready to use our highly efficient administrative system to improve tax collection across Imperial fiefdoms. The Query cannot boast of such advantages.

4) I am an excellent negotiator. This is just what the Imperium needs now, and it can be seen from my stats as well as from my diplomacy throughout the thread and my lengthy negotiations with the Elves that have proceeded far further than they could have done under almost anyone else.

5) I am not going to give up. I have always shown a persistent interest in Imperial politics, and worked tirelessly in the interests of my own House, the Council of Minors, and the Imperium. I have bothered to propose motions to the CoM. You can sleep sound that you are not electing a Tarsenusis who will retire on the basis that he no longer feels able to do his job.

6) I have no no large assets. Across most of the known worlds, I cannot act selfishly because I have nothing to be selfish about on most of the Known Worlds. The Query has plentiful assets spread across three planets, has spent seven turns worth of income on various projects, of which many seem to remain mysterious, and has very little to show for it so far, which begs the question, "What has The Query done in the past decade?" The Query has done nothing open, nothing grand, nothing for the Imperium in the past decade, and goodness only knows what they've been spending their huge funds on.

7) The Query is shrouded in the darkest mystery. They have a secret inner council that governs them all, and no-one knows who's on it. Alex Black has a "mysterious bloodline" and many of us know precisely what that means and its potential implications for how well a Query government would get on with the Church. Ichabod Sterling is a pacifist and possibly hears voices, and in fact my honourable opponent appears to be their only sensible leader. In fact, if you were looking for another Regent to elect who was likely to follow the pattern and turn out to be mad, why look further than the Query, where Sterling is ostensibly schizophrenic and Black is obsessed with sword-fighting and full of passion for killing the Elves? I'm not saying Lord Fye will do anything crazy - but I can assure you unambiguously that the chances of me doing anything crazy, judging by my record, are absolutely nonexistent.

8) I have no biases. I am willing to work with the Major Houses, Minor Houses, Church, Guilds, and Elves for the benefit of Man. The Query on the other hand has always expressed highly conservative opinions, believing that the very existence of the Council of Minors suggested that the Minor Houses were getting above themselves. If you are a Minor House, you may safely expect that The Query will be biased against you. The Query has no particularly good relations with Church or Guilds. The Query notoriously hate the Elves, and while we must take into account their enormous crimes, hate is not an emotion that has a place in high politics: I, though, will act in the interests of Man, and those interests tell me to negotiate with the Elves.

9) I am going to negotiate with the Elves. The Query won't. If we negotiate, there stands to be an end to piracy, an end to the wasting of resources over Assimov, a beginning to Elfin help on Stigmata, a beginning of compensation for the wrongs done to us, and a beginning to the Elves understanding the Pancreator's Grace for the first time. If we don't negotiate, the Church still won't get anywhere with its Crusade, and even if it destroys the Elves on Assimov it will never get through to Oghma, and we'll be plagued forever by Elven ships jumping to Assimov, carrying out piratical attacks, and causing damages to our ships. Do you want war and implacable emnity with the Elves forever, and continual friction with the Church as the Elven crisis drags on for years and years? If not, vote for Jyut Texier.

So, vote for me if you want assurance of a sane government that you can all live prosperously under without oppression or injustice or bias or chaos. I have nothing to gain from holding the Regency except honour and prestige if I do a good job, and so all I want to do in the position of Regent is do a good job and organise the first sensible government to rule the Imperium. If you want all this, from a Regent unparalleled in his position and ability to make it happen, vote for me, vote for Jyut Texier!

Adrogans
Jul 11, 2011, 03:55 PM
We made a colony and built a couple of space craft. Oh and a cathedral. yup that most of it right there.

No one has asked, can't be secretive if no one has asked.

OOC: Immac can you list those 'open supporters I have.'

spryllino
Jul 11, 2011, 04:00 PM
Fair enough, still, you weren't helping the Empire much. Maybe that post was a bit vicious but I hope it outlines the differences between our fairly similar candidacies.

We don't blame you for your projects, but equally we see no reason to believe that they qualify you particularly well to be Regent.

Adrogans
Jul 11, 2011, 04:16 PM
Why should we negotiate with this batch of evvis? They came to us with war in their eyes and murder as their first contact. Had they come openly and sent a diplomatic mission I would have responded diplomatically.

Perhaps its time to remove the politicians from leadership and let some military try their hand, what have politicians gotten us so far? A plague, a regent who walked away, and a treaty so unfairly sided with enemies of the Imperium and Humanity as to cause a crusade.

Well we have that crusade now and we have the symbiots. Seems like a military situation to me.

It's time for fresh leadership who come in with more to lose than you, who come in connected to the most of the people and whose own people stand far more to lose than you should I fail said protection of Humanity.

I am a warrior at heart, but I do know how to be fair when administering in peace time. The Query have helped many freemen find new lives and welcome any who wish to protect and improve humanity. We call any dedicated to the Imperium and the Church a part of that humanity.

As stated should anyone be interested and feel they can do the the job of any position I am up to listening to your proposal.

Humanity does not need a negotiator, they have already seen where that has led them. They need a warrior like the Great Emperor Eekin was. Its time for a strong and firm hand to defend humanity once more, not a negotiator.

As for the personal slight to the leadership of The Query we keep it secret so that no one can try to suck up to a member of the council and influence a decision with anything not related to the issue. It has served well and will continue to serve well. Feel free to direct any further such questions to ourselves and we will answer.

Unlike you I am a man of honor and will not stoop to slinging insults. I have told you what I believe and what I will do. I have responded to your slights honestly and forthrightly. So if you are tired of backroom deals and secret treaties, I stand ready to face the enemy head on.

Lord Guy, Fye Clan, The Query

spryllino
Jul 11, 2011, 04:29 PM
Why should we negotiate with this batch of evvis? They came to us with war in their eyes and murder as their first contact. Had they come openly and sent a diplomatic mission I would have responded diplomatically.

Perhaps its time to remove the politicians from leadership and let some military try their hand, what have politicians gotten us so far? A plague, a regent who walked away, and a treaty so unfairly sided with enemies of the Imperium and Humanity as to cause a crusade.

Well we have that crusade now and we have the symbiots. Seems like a military situation to me.

Humanity does not need a negotiator, they have already seen where that has led them. They need a warrior like the Great Emperor Eekin was. Its time for a strong and firm hand to defend humanity once more, not a negotiator.

This is perhaps the crux of the matter: do we keep on negotiating until we get peace or do we hurry away from the opportunity to make peace and rush to our weapons? We have nothing to gain from war. We cannot win; we cannot achieve anything when we make peace except making sure that we can never be friends with the Elves. Through war, we will never bring the Elves over to the Pancreator's Grace and let them help us defend us and themselves against everyone else. If we let the Elves just be destroyed on Assimov, all we will get will be pirate attacks and trouble from Oghma for generations, and we will lose ships, and the Symbiots will get back into the known worlds through Stigmata. Every Church or Imperium ship that falls against an Elf means a Symbiot ship that lives to witness the fall of Errovus Secondus, and then Arrakis, and then Clarke and Incellia too, to the Symbiots.

Anyone who agrees with me that peace with the Elves is preferable to war should vote for me, as this is the main difference from my candidacy and yours.

Adrogans
Jul 11, 2011, 04:39 PM
So you feel we fail before we begin? You have a very negative attitude and that is not what we need right now.

We gain our security and humanity's security from this war. We silence the threat to humanity. Why leave the canker when you can cut it out?

Once we establish victory in the war with the evvis then we can dictate terms instead of giving them the Imperium on a silver platter. With the Pancreator and his church on our side we will not fail.

spryllino
Jul 11, 2011, 04:45 PM
We should not cut out the canker, firstly because it is costly to cut out for whoever does it, secondly because it can help us defeat the Symbiots, and thirdly because ultimately we will fail in our attempts to cut it out completely and will be left with a remnant of exceptionally hostile and vicious Evvis.

Adrogans
Jul 11, 2011, 04:47 PM
They are already vicious as seen in their piracey and murder. I see not how we gain by letting it fester on Assimov inside our very Imperium.

spryllino
Jul 11, 2011, 04:54 PM
They will not have any reason to be vicious and engage in piracy and murder under a reasonable compromise treaty. If they were still vicious and continued to engage in piracy and murder, then we would clearly be left with no option but to fight them, but this seems an unlikely scenario. Why would they keep on attacking us when we were at peace with them?

Adrogans
Jul 11, 2011, 05:02 PM
yet it was their first actions since returning to Imperium space. First impressions make a signifigant impression.

OOC note - My connection is about to become more limited for the day so I will be unable to make long posts. Will still be able to see everything though.

spryllino
Jul 11, 2011, 05:17 PM
First impressions may make significant impressions on some, but they are, in fact, grossly unreliable.

Of course the Elves attacked our ships, because we were at war with them. There's every reason to suppose they wouldn't if they were at peace.

Kyzarc Fotjage
Jul 11, 2011, 05:28 PM
I have to wonder why both candidates seem to be attributing the actions of the rogue Captain Velace to the policy of the entire government of the Evvis. While yes, the Evvis acted very suspiciously when they didn't open up diplomatic relations with us earlier, I haven't heard any evidence one way or another that she has or ever had the sanction of the Evvis government. If someone has proof that she was then please bring it forward, I at least would be very interested.

spryllino
Jul 11, 2011, 05:37 PM
There is no concrete evidence there, although she certainly has regular contact with the Elven government. I understand, although I may well be off the mark, that she is an officer, or possibly a privateer, in supreme command of a single Cricket-class Frigate in the service of the Elven government.

Adrogans
Jul 11, 2011, 05:39 PM
As far as I can tell everything she has said and done have been sanctioned. Or at least no different than if one of our houses took actions the imperium would be responsible. Passing reference to otherwise and lies about not having jump coordinates to Oghma have driven me to become regent to clear all this up and lead us properly.

spryllino
Jul 11, 2011, 05:51 PM
Passing reference to otherwise

...could have been accurate. I honestly did not know when I passed such reference whether she was speaking for herself or the whole Elf government, and, in any case, the Elf government turns out not to be quite as set against compromise as that post you refer to seems to suggest. Velace's declaration was, as I thought it was, not representative of the considered opinion of the Elves. We still do not know for sure whether proclamations from Captain Velace can be taken as the opinion of the Elven government. Indeed, I still cannot know if that entire post or any of it was actually drafted by the Elfin government.

and lies about not having jump coordinates to Oghma

Every noble knows the Fleet has coordinates to Oghma. It was in an update. That doesn't change the fact that peace is preferable to expensive turmoil and unnecessary war against the Elves.

Adrogans
Jul 11, 2011, 05:58 PM
You're right lies is too strong, I suppose obfuscating it is better.

I have repeatedly stated I will not deal with this batch of evvis. If others are found and they do not attack first ... We will see then

spryllino
Jul 11, 2011, 06:00 PM
I have repeatedly stated I will not deal with this batch of evvis.

Well, I know that. :p That's where we disagree primarily and that's what the sceptre-holders will have to judge us on. I hope they will prefer peace and cooperation, with a mutually satisfactory treaty, to war and expense and perpetual emnity with the Elves.

Terrance888
Jul 11, 2011, 06:07 PM

I need more coffee.

Kentharu
Jul 11, 2011, 11:40 PM
So are we having elections? When are orders due? Am I late again? What the hell is going on.

Kyzarc Fotjage
Jul 11, 2011, 11:48 PM
I'll be out of contact for the next two weeks from early wednesday morning onwards

yes, Elections are on

Northen Wolf
Jul 12, 2011, 12:52 AM
So are we having elections? When are orders due? Am I late again? What the hell is going on.
Elections are on.
Right now:
Adrogans vs Spry
AntiEvvies vs proEvvies

Orders due wednesday. Immac's signature contains orders due date usually.

LDiCesare
Jul 12, 2011, 03:55 AM
It's votes, not orders, that are due wednesday.

Diamondeye
Jul 12, 2011, 12:48 PM
House Bossheaim votes for Texier.

hbar
Jul 12, 2011, 12:51 PM
House Sanctious'Als votes for REDACTED. May the Evvis burn for their crimes.

edit: mystery vote!

Immaculate
Jul 12, 2011, 12:55 PM
Gentlemen:
its supposed to be a secret vote.

hbar
Jul 12, 2011, 12:59 PM
Gentlemen:
its supposed to be a secret vote.

I know. I doubt there was any speculation as to which way I was voting. Just cheerleading, that's all.

spryllino
Jul 12, 2011, 01:06 PM
House Sanctious'Als regrettably doesn't have a vote because Belgit'Al is still unbound to the sceptre.

To Lord Fye
From Jyut Texier

Will you make a choice of Eye Commander, please, as we have done? No-one is likely to volunteer for this role as you have requested, really, as it is a difficult and thankless task, and so to say you are looking for volunteers and then to name no likely candidates until the election is over strikes us as not informing the sceptre-holders as well as you could do. Could we at least have perhaps a list of four or five candidates that you are considering?

OOC: Immac, please come on MSN sometime within the next three or four hours if possible; I have quite a lot of important and urgent diplo for NPCs.

Adrogans
Jul 12, 2011, 01:11 PM
OOC: It is depending on response from player. Otherwise I cannot.

spryllino
Jul 12, 2011, 01:12 PM
OOC: Okay but the Reeves are harassing me about choosing House Bossheaim because they don't like them, so if you could post your Eye commander as quickly as possible that would be nice. I don't want to have to convince them firstly that the fact that you haven't chosen one makes you more untrustworthy than House Bossheaim and then that your choice is more untrustworthy; I want to cut straight to the point. :p

hbar
Jul 12, 2011, 01:14 PM
House Sanctious'Als regrettably doesn't have a vote because Belgit'Al is still unbound to the sceptre.

Bollocks. Has it really only been three years?

Adrogans
Jul 12, 2011, 01:15 PM
OOC: That'll be difficult consider the two options left to me. :p

spryllino
Jul 12, 2011, 01:16 PM
OOC: Who are they? Revealing their two names presumably won't do any harm even though you're only going to choose one of them, and it would speed things up a bit perhaps.

Kentharu
Jul 12, 2011, 01:51 PM
I'm willing to be the Eye commander.

Adrogans
Jul 12, 2011, 03:00 PM
We have discussed long and hard with our various supporters in the Imperium, Church, and Guilds discussing the appointments.

We have all decided to nominate the following:

Fleet to either Kilgore or Quin which ever confirms the offer first.
Garrison Hyppean
Eye Jason Bird

The Church and the Guilds have both decided the safety and solidity of humanity and the Imperium outweigh petty personal matters. I hope all of you nobles can accept that for the good of humanity we all have to sacrifice and dig deep in our souls for the future of security for all instead of a short pause before humanity falls to the evils of the symbiot and evvis.

spryllino
Jul 12, 2011, 03:17 PM
Eye Jason Bird

We are astounded by this dreadful, dishonourable, choice of Eye Commander.

House Texier will not sell itself cheap like that. I have had negotiations with the Reeves myself, and I know full well that the only reason they are the Query's candidate for the Eye is because the Query is willing to jeopardise the security of the Empire by guaranteeing that the Reeves can censor whatever intelligence they get and prevent the Regency from gaining any knowledge of the potentially highly dangerous - and frighteningly secret - Reeve operations above Clarke. If you vote for me, I will not be so easily corrupted into endangering the safety of all of us by turning a blind eye to a dangerous and present utterly unknown potential threat to us all. Lord Fye's choice of Jason Bird is irresponsible and dangerous.

Garrison: Hyppean - They will undoubtedly do an excellent job, as they have been up to now, and the Garrison soldiers are loyal to the Hyppean.

Eye: Bossheaim - We will not submit to the Reeves and we will spy on what needs spying, rather than what the Guilds want us to spy on. Who trusts a Guilder with the Eye? I hope none of you do, and you will vote for me because we cannot afford to have the Eye sold to the highest bidder so they can use it in their personal interests.

Fleet: As a matter of practicality, we will command the Fleet and dispense its income ourselves until another commander can arrive, probably three months after the new year. I intend to reappoint Sir Hellwind Eekin to this post, although I have not spoken to him yet, because he is ready on Hubbard and highly skilled, experienced and loyal.

(OOC: although I would probably devise the strategy, as Eekin is NPC, which he would presumably make sure it wasn't treacherous or dangerous, and then he would carry it out. Is this OK Immac? I'd keep the Fleet command myself if I didn't want Jyut Texier for other Regency stuff.)

To Sir Hellwind Eekin
From Jyut Texier

Are you willing to be reinstated as Fleet commander, as you are evidently the best man on hand for the job?

To Lord Fye
From Jyut Texier

The Church and the Guilds have both decided the safety and solidity of humanity and the Imperium outweigh petty personal matters. I hope all of you nobles can accept that for the good of humanity we all have to sacrifice and dig deep in our souls for the future of security for all instead of a short pause before humanity falls to the evils of the symbiot and evvis.

What's this meant to mean? We want a long-term peace with the Elves, good and equal relations with the Church and Guilds, and we want to rebuild the Fleet as quickly as possible. You on the other hand want to make sure there can never be security by gaining the perpetual emnity of the Elves and letting the Reeves take advantage of you.

Adrogans
Jul 12, 2011, 03:29 PM
The guilds have agreed to several concessions if we are elected regent to ensure the safety and security of the realm. Do you not think this was discussed at length? Do you not think I demanded and received key points to preserve Humanity, the Imperium, and the Church?

All of you seem to forget that the guilds and church are just as much a part of humanity as the rest of you. They also have a vested interest in the survival of the Imperium against the symbiot and evvis threats. Yet all too often you disregard them as scum, yet who do you all turn to when you need ships to defend humanity? Who do you all turn to when you need to repair or build something? They have just as much stake in this as the rest of the Imperium.

I would ask the Church and guilds for help in our time of need. You will sell us to the Evvis. It is obvious you care not for your immortal soul or those of your companions who drive you into this.

I ask humanity to help itself, you ask humanity to whore itself at the first sign of trouble.

spryllino
Jul 12, 2011, 03:33 PM
And what concessions have you extracted from the Guilds? Concessions that outweigh your whoring the Eye to the Reeves?

Adrogans
Jul 12, 2011, 03:35 PM
At least I do not whore Humanity to the Evvis.

And at least the Guilds are a part of Humanity.

mgsmuhammad
Jul 12, 2011, 03:44 PM
Gentlemen, gentlemen, what is all this talk of whoring?

Please stop your quarreling, for if you keep bandying the word around like this, you may put the Universe's oldest profession into disrepute!

- Remi

spryllino
Jul 12, 2011, 03:51 PM
You whore Humanity to the most fanatical wing of the Church, by not even trying to bring about an end to this pointless conflict with the Elves, and taking us into bloody wars that will bring the Symbiots into the Known Worlds.

You whore Humanity to the Reeves by being so power-hungry that you will, for negligible concessions that are so paltry you won't even tell us, let them do whatever they like, a privilege not granted to any noble house, without you having any chance of seeing it happen.

You seem to forget that the Elves, too, have a vested interest in the Symbiots not passing Stigmata. They do not want to fight us forever. They can help us. You are blinded by hatred, and you fail to see that in having Man fight the Elves you will only destroy us all from within.

I, though, will treat the Church respectfully as my partners in defending the Empire; I will try, while you will not, to bring together a mutually satisfactory treaty that will ensure peace between us all. I will cooperate with the Guilds and make a reasonable arrangement with them too. But you? You do precisely what they want you to do. Not a negotiated amendment of what they want you to do, but you are a puppet of the most extreme of the Church. Cooperation means not that anyone can extract anything and everything from the Imperium in their quest to become the most powerful faction of Man at the expense of the Noble Houses: cooperation means that we all work together in our mutual interests. You will give up on a positive solution to the Elven crisis. You will give up on a solution that makes sure that the Imperium can, in full knowledge of everything that is happening, defend us all against the Symbiots, which is its job.

You want to kill the Elves and be the shackled slave of the Patriarch and Guilds. I want to be the partner of the whole Church and Guilds, and I want to be the Regent that made the Elves see the light and join us all in defending ourselves against the Symbiots rather than us killing each other.

If I am elected, I will work with everyone, not for any single faction but for all of us, for the defence of the Known Worlds against the Symbiots.

Adrogans
Jul 12, 2011, 03:55 PM
And there is the main point. There is no mutually satisfactory position between these evvis and the Church. There will be no treaty.

You also seem to forget that you will be getting a vote from the evvis pirate herself. Yet another reason to stand against you.

Thank you Remillard for the humor, I needed the laugh. We may not always agree but I do respect you in your own way. Now if only I can get invited to visit the Kilgore fief I really could use a stiff drink and some dip, I hear its great.

Lord Guy

spryllino
Jul 12, 2011, 04:04 PM
And there is the main point. There is no mutually satisfactory position between these evvis and the Church. There will be no treaty.

Even if you were right, it would be wrong not to try. You wouldn't even try if it were easy to achieve.

You also seem to forget that you will be getting a vote from the evvis pirate herself. Yet another reason to stand against you.

This is an attribute of the system. I cannot be held responsible for this. Besides, who knows? She is not the leader of these Evvis; perhaps she does not want peace? Maybe she wants to fight it out to the end with the Church and disapproves of the prospective treaty? I do not and cannot know, and neither can you.

Adrogans
Jul 12, 2011, 04:10 PM
Oh but I can and do know there is no reasoning with this batch of evvis. As I have said there might well be others who do regret what has happened and are willing to make suitable amends that a meaningful peace can be established, by no means do I think the evvis are a monolithic empire. This particular group however cannot be reasoned with or trusted, so why drag out the chance for them to shore up their defenses?

Of course she will vote for you because either she wants a treaty, or she wants time to build up her position to fight us. Either of which you will give her.

spryllino
Jul 12, 2011, 04:16 PM
Oh but I can and do know there is no reasoning with this batch of evvis. As I have said there might well be others who do regret what has happened and are willing to make suitable amends that a meaningful peace can be established, by no means do I think the evvis are a monolithic empire. This particular group however cannot be reasoned with or trusted, so why drag out the chance for them to shore up their defenses?

If you had any good reason to believe this, I take it you would have told us all about it by now, and you might have saved us the trouble of trying to negotiate in the first place. But all the evidence suggests that your beliefs are unfounded, and entirely based on preconceptions and biases, rather than on the facts of the situation.

Adrogans
Jul 12, 2011, 04:19 PM
I believe I did, repeatedly. Piracey is not the way to reopen communication if peace is in your hearts.

Simple huh?

Now I really need a drink...whisky sounds good.

spryllino
Jul 12, 2011, 04:25 PM
I believe I did, repeatedly. Piracey is not the way to reopen communication if peace is in your hearts.

This doesn't follow at all. How do you expect them to behave if they want peace? Suppose they had just sent us streams of ambassadors asking them to procure them the Church's forgiveness for letting in the Symbiots? Would we have paid any attention? Would the Church have paid any attention? We were at war. Even if the Elves wanted peace, there was nothing to be done while we were at war other than attack our shipping. The way to stop them attacking our shipping is to put an end to the war. These Elves are not bloodthirsty swashbucklers but pathetic attention-seekers. If they can see we will all be better off at peace, peace they will have.

Adrogans
Jul 12, 2011, 04:36 PM
They should have sent an envoy. Had we sought them out? Did we enter their space? No they came to ours and attacked first. Piss poor PR job if you ask me.

spryllino
Jul 12, 2011, 04:45 PM
A piss poor PR job, true, but I expect most sceptre-holders can see through a bit of bad PR. The important question is whether they'll come to a mutually acceptable agreement now. We'll never know the answer unless we try.

Immaculate
Jul 12, 2011, 05:08 PM
Thomas,
is vikram playing or not?

Seon
Jul 12, 2011, 11:11 PM
Let me make a few OOC statements.

Captain Valace's stance is nearly identical to the stance taken by the council of the elves. In addition, she has the full support of the elven fleet and the people. In fact, the councilors that I have talked to so far are far more radical in mindset than Captain Valace. Less polite anyways. In any case, it can be assured that the elves will never surrender as long as we negotiate with the Church, their sworn enemy. As somebody who's earned the elves' trust over the last turn or two, I feel that I am more suited to make that assessment then spry is capable of.

Spry's plan of mutual coexistence by drafting a mutually beneficial treaty between the elves and the Church will never work unless the Curia of the Church become convinced that further warfare is no longer beneficial to the Church. As it stands, the Church will lose face by backing off... something that they would be now hesitant to afford. Therefore, the Church will not back down unless they suffer a significant loss in Assimov.

Only way that spry's plan of obtaining a treaty between the elves and the Church would ever succeed is, therefore, either to just stand aside and let them duke it out for a while until every last elf is dead or the Church gives up, or the Regency to make a stand right now against the Church in order to intimidate them into a peace. Trying to negotiate a peace treaty is a waste of time. Spry does not actually understand the politics of the elves nor the Church.

In any case, since I started denouncing spry, I am not going to stop here. spry should not be made regent of the Imperium because of his spotty symbiot and awful domestic policies.

Firstly, spry plans not to hire a Fleet Commander, preferring to work by himself. While this is understandable as Jyut Texier happens to be in Stigmata, this also costs Imperium a valuable ACC... and so far as I understand it, he doesn't have a set plan on choosing who to replace himself with.

In addition to this, he also planned to buy an equipoise class carrier from the Church...for a cheap and affordable price to the Imperium of 83 MF.

Finally, he has also seriously considered using Elven marauder drop legions against the symbiots.

But the crux of the matter here is his domestic policies.

He plans to expand regency fiefs everywhere in the Imperium. While spry may be able to defend that, he has also threatened the Union of Inceillia that he will expand Eye operations in Inceillia, spouting some weird conspiracy theories of us manufacturing, of all things scepters, as justification of doing so.

A: a freaking waste of time and money.
B: A violation of all our privacy
C: setting up of a dangerous precedent.

Yes, if spry becomes elected and the symbiots get wiped out by that RKV yonder that is coming in... then we will all risk the Regency becoming much more involved in the affairs of the nobility in a scale that has never been seen before.

What next would fall into investigation by the Eye? Kilgore's underground fortress of Doom? Sanctius'al's magical academy of totally non-heretical arts? The color of Lady Alexis's underwear? Whether or not Archibald Tarsenius prefers elven woman to human woman?

In addition to this, he is actively trying to discredit his opponent more than he is trying to promote his own benefits. Of all things, he is trying to discredit his opponent by using, of all things, the opposing character's CHARACTER TRAITS.

In conclusion, spry is too inept, indecisive, or both in politics to be an effective regent, espescially since his current cabinet choice does not include any player that may be able to provide him with more advice of that kind. Adrogans is a better candidate by far.

Immaculate
Jul 12, 2011, 11:19 PM
Okay, leave that post, but no more posts involving competition for the regency that aren't IC. I should have stopped OOC campaigning earlier. Anyway, a few players got their licks in OOC, now its strictly IC campaigning k?

Seon
Jul 13, 2011, 12:11 AM
You whore Humanity to the most fanatical wing of the Church, by not even trying to bring about an end to this pointless conflict with the Elves, and taking us into bloody wars that will bring the Symbiots into the Known Worlds.

-It would be much better then what you plan on doing.

You whore Humanity to the Reeves by being so power-hungry that you will, for negligible concessions that are so paltry you won't even tell us, let them do whatever they like, a privilege not granted to any noble house, without you having any chance of seeing it happen.

Reeves aren't a noble house. They are a Guild. They are not subject to the same treatment as a noble house. In addition, they aren't being given previleges. They are being granted the position of the Eye.

The problem with you, Jyut Texier, is that you see danger everywhere. You are a paranoid man. You butt your nose into business that are not necessarily your own for no reason other than paranoia. You are like a lion, frightened at the sound of a dropped needle.

You seem to forget that the Elves, too, have a vested interest in the Symbiots not passing Stigmata.

They do not. Or at the very least, they think they do not.

They do not want to fight us forever. They can help us. You are blinded by hatred, and you fail to see that in having Man fight the Elves you will only destroy us all from within.

Yes, but is your way truly the best way to obtain peace? Whatever peace that you get with some mundane treaty is a tenuous one... and since you have chosen to break the first treaty, also worth nothing but its weight as a piece of paper.

I, though, will treat the Church respectfully as my partners in defending the Empire; I will try, while you will not, to bring together a mutually satisfactory treaty that will ensure peace between us all.

Then tell me. What do YOU think would be a mutually satisfactory treaty?

Merely trying to cater to every demand of one party is not a way to create a mutually acceptable treaty. You must first have the understanding of the thoughts of both party involved... and then you must have the willpower to push through with whatever you decide would be a mutually beneficial treaty and convince them both. A trait which I have discovered that you are sadly lacking.

I will cooperate with the Guilds and make a reasonable arrangement with them too. But you? You do precisely what they want you to do. Not a negotiated amendment of what they want you to do, but you are a puppet of the most extreme of the Church.

The Query house is no puppet. IF THEY WERE A PUPPET, WOULD THEY HIRE A GUILDER TO BE A MEMBER OF THE EYE? And your other statement does not make sense either. You say that you will make a reasonable arrangement with them, but you have declared them as untrustworthy moments before. Do you first denounce a person as evil before trying to create a deal with them? You fumble at the simplest rules of diplomacy in order to gain the slightest edge over your opponent.

The policy that the Query House intends with the Guild seems simple enough. Reeves will get the Eye in order to ensure that the Eye agents that have infiltrated their projects are removed. By doing so, the Query House also brings the Regency closer together with the Guild for further cooperation between them. Trust begets trust after all.

But let us see. What is your policy with the Guilders and the Reeves oh-so-secret project on Clarke's moon? How do you intend to make this mystical "reasonable arrangement?" You criticize your opponent, but by doing so, you reveal that you have spent no time thinking about the matter before. Your criticism does not excuse your inaction. This is a time for a decisive and a focused leader, not an inept and a paranoid one. Bad decision is better than no decision at all.

Cooperation means not that anyone can extract anything and everything from the Imperium in their quest to become the most powerful faction of Man at the expense of the Noble Houses: cooperation means that we all work together in our mutual interests. You will give up on a positive solution to the Elven crisis. You will give up on a solution that makes sure that the Imperium can, in full knowledge of everything that is happening, defend us all against the Symbiots, which is its job.

You will not be getting a single firebird of cooperation from the Major Houses of Imperium any time soon. Nobody insults one of our own and threatens our Houses and gets away with it.

You want to kill the Elves and be the shackled slave of the Patriarch and Guilds. I want to be the partner of the whole Church and Guilds, and I want to be the Regent that made the Elves see the light and join us all in defending ourselves against the Symbiots rather than us killing each other.

You first denounce hte Guild AND the Church as those who would "enslave" us and also does not care much about the Symbiots. And then you claim that you wish to be a partner to both of them. Make up your mind, and stop standing on the fence and dodging every topic, if you have any sense of honor. You cannot find a compromise for every situation. Sometimes, the iron fist must be brought down.

If I am elected, I will work with everyone, not for any single faction but for all of us, for the defence of the Known Worlds against the Symbiots.

It seems to me so far that you are working AGAINST everyone as of this moment. You stand against the Guild by increasing Eye surveilance. You stand against the Church by opposing the Crusade. You stand against the Noble House by planning to use the Eye network against us. Because of your naivete, your "ingenuous plans" of benefitting everyone has only made all of us turn against you.

LDiCesare
Jul 13, 2011, 01:15 AM
WE can't thank house Koriate enough for at last sharing, after so long, information that they deem vital so late.
You will not be getting a single firebird of cooperation from the Major Houses of Imperium any time soon. Nobody insults one of our own and threatens our Houses and gets away with it.
Then you would rather have us all fall to the Symbiots because your pride got hurt?

To all of you, discuss the topics at hand, not the persons, please. Of course the personality of Jyut Texier and Guy Fye matter a lot. We don't want a madman, a coward, or an heretic for our Regent. But you are really both acting like children or drunkards slinging insults at each other, and house Koriate is jumping on the bandwagon.
Even when naming your potential commanders for the Fleet, Eye, and Garrison, neither of you explained why this choice would be good, what their priorities would be.

Texier: Eye policy unknown. Garrison left to Hyppean. Fleet to be rebuilt, but policy unknown. Get peace with elves.
Query: Eye policy: To please the Guilds, otherwise unstated. Garrison left to Hyppean. Fleet policy unknown. At war with elves.

All of these took a few sentences, but then you spend your energy, both of you, and house Koriate, despite its utter failure at Regency, adds more of the same, discrediting your opponent or their supports, and insulting whoever disagrees with you.

I thought both of you were worthy candidates to the Regency, but when one is covering the other in mud, and the other one seeking refuge in booze, I can only wonder.
Grow up.

OOC: Much as I would like to hear why a choice of this or that person would be good for the Eye or Fleet, I will not have time to take it into consideration.

Adrogans
Jul 13, 2011, 01:18 AM
I believe I stated multiple times that imperial forces would be continuing anti symbiot and rebuilding operations.

And some of us have been drinking though I have tried to at least keep discussion on points and actions rather than relatives.

Oh and the eye will be focusing on the evvis and such.

Not like I ever hid the fact I like liqour.

Lord Guy

Northen Wolf
Jul 13, 2011, 02:00 AM

You seem to forget that the Elves, too, have a vested interest in the Symbiots not passing Stigmata. They do not want to fight us forever. They can help us. You are blinded by hatred, and you fail to see that in having Man fight the Elves you will only destroy us all from within.

HOW DARE YOU, YOU HERETIC, FORGET THAT EVVIES WERE THE ONES WHO OPENED THE GATES TO SYMBIOTS. Not only once, but twice. Evvies are to be blamed behind all these Symbiots. For centuries, our fathers and their fathers have thought us that Evvies are to be dispised for what they have done.

Now they come in here, invade us, attack us like pirates. Steal a Sceptre and then they want a 'peace deal'. For Pancreators sake, accepting a deal with them, is literally surrendering to them.

Hyppean will not and shall not support House Texier in its views. We believe in tradions. We believe in Strength. We are not willing to make any peace deal with this vile abdominal faction known as "evvies", unless the deal contains:
1) Evvies apologizing for all that they have done
2) Evvies becoming Slaves to Imperium, at least 25% of them directly underneath Imperial Houses, who participated in the crusade. They shall not be considered a 'Noble house' by any of the Imperial houses nor shall they have right to vote.
3) Evvies paying Empire a large tribute
4) Evvies giving complete control of any and all fleets and shipyards that they may have.
5) Evvies surrendering completely to the Holy Church and funding Church expansion to their lands.
6) Evvies allowing (and funding) of construction of 'peace settlements' in any and all elven lands.

This is, What Hyppean sees as "merciful" deal to those traitors, who have betrayed Empire not only once, but Twice and have now, directly attacked the Empire and stolen Empires property.

Other than that, Church itself called a sacred Crusade against the Evvies. We shall not dishonor the Church, because church members have been chosen to best to represent and understand Pancreators will, and we believe that they were not chosen ' bad'. I do not doupt in the good will of Church. I have Faith in Pancreator. I have faith in Traditions. I hope you to too, because otherwise, we shall meet on the battlefield and I shall show little mercy.

-Garrik Harnoth of Hyppean

Then you would rather have us all fall to the Symbiots because your pride got hurt?

If peace is made with those who first unleashed the Symbiots and then did it again, then it is as good as making peace with Symbiots themselves. We shall not be making peace with symbiots.

Hyppean shall surrender the Command of the Garrison if Regent should make peace with elves on elven own terms. Traitors should be treated as slaves. Hyppean shall remain in command of Garrison for this turn.

mgsmuhammad
Jul 13, 2011, 03:13 AM
HOW DARE YOU, YOU HERETIC, FORGET THAT EVVIES WERE THE ONES WHO OPENED THE GATES TO SYMBIOTS. Not only once, but twice. Evvies are to be blamed behind all these Symbiots. For centuries, our fathers and their fathers have thought us that Evvies are to be dispised for what they have done.

Now they come in here, invade us, attack us like pirates. Steal a Sceptre and then they want a 'peace deal'. For Pancreators sake, accepting a deal with them, is literally surrendering to them.

Hyppean will not and shall not support House Texier in its views. We believe in tradions. We believe in Strength. We are not willing to make any peace deal with this vile abdominal faction known as "evvies", unless the deal contains:
1) Evvies apologizing for all that they have done
2) Evvies becoming Slaves to Imperium, at least 25% of them directly underneath Imperial Houses, who participated in the crusade. They shall not be considered a 'Noble house' by any of the Imperial houses nor shall they have right to vote.
3) Evvies paying Empire a large tribute
4) Evvies giving complete control of any and all fleets and shipyards that they may have.
5) Evvies surrendering completely to the Holy Church and funding Church expansion to their lands.
6) Evvies allowing (and funding) of construction of 'peace settlements' in any and all elven lands.

This is, What Hyppean sees as "merciful" deal to those traitors, who have betrayed Empire not only once, but Twice and have now, directly attacked the Empire and stolen Empires property.

While I understand the meatheadedness of House Hyppean is a great advantage upon the battlefield, this statement above outlines, fairly conclusively, why you should never hold the Regency.

Has it never occured to you, for instance, that the Evvis show quite a bit more intelligence and free-will (as exhibited perfectly by their unwavering stubborness) than the Symbiotes?

I'd even go so far as to say they are fully sentient, as we are.

Now - therein lies a problem. The moment you achieve sentience and free-will within the same vessel, you are bound to have the vessel forming it's own opinions. Such is natural.

It doesn't, however, follow that the opinions formed will be necessarily "right" or even "smart".

You cannot, Harnoth, reasonably assume that the sins of one ship or fleetload of free-willed Evvis can be attributed to the entire race.

For all we know, the crewmembers could have been insane cultists, unimaginably naive or simply morons.

How would you, for instance, feel if the Evvis refused diplomacy with yourself, citing the actions of Dain Kawalen as their justification? I imagine it would make you burn with rage - knowing that they refused to talk because of something you had no part in.

My Grandfather saw the first release of the Symbiotes, and we lost our planet for it.
I, myself, witnessed their second coming.

If even I am willing to give the Evvis a chance, why aren't you?

He plans to expand regency fiefs everywhere in the Imperium. While Jyut may be able to defend that, he has also threatened the Union of Inceillia that he will expand Eye operations in Inceillia, spouting some weird conspiracy theories of us manufacturing, of all things scepters, as justification of doing so.

That.. Is a grave accusation indeed.

Do you have any supporting evidence, Sir Akatas?

- Remi

Ekolite
Jul 13, 2011, 03:53 AM
Remi, I have spoken to House Texier and they have withdrawn this policy of their's.

Diamondeye
Jul 13, 2011, 08:55 AM
Sorry, I just wanted to post my vote somewhere, was in a hurry to get it in...?

spryllino
Jul 13, 2011, 09:19 AM
I have no reason to expand or carry out espionage on Incellia. Clarke's a far better place to expand if necessary, as is Arrakis, especially as oil is in short supply, and I have no suspicions of sceptre-manufacture on Incellia.

And Akatas, you are the one who fails to understand Elven politics. Your beliefs about the Elves are unfounded and unreasonable. There is no reason why a treaty cannot be made.

Tsedeq, our Fleet policy is that we cannot do anything much until we've rebuilt the Fleet at least partly, as we now have negligible resources for orbital bombardment. Our reasons for nominating House Bossheaim are that they have done a good job so far, they have little or no reason to abuse their position, and they were the choice of the CoM last turn.

Adrogans
Jul 13, 2011, 10:03 AM
I find it interesting that both worlds that you claim to be a better target for the Eye are ones that happen to be filled with your political opponents. When has Arrakis been producing less oil? Last I heard most of the houses there were expanding their oil operations, ya know good for income so at the very least it is self serving and so expected. Mind you I do not think this is the only reason they were expanded but it is reason enough for most to do it. So once again it seems you are grasping at reasons to justify your decision. I hope everyone else on Clarke and Arrakis can see your response and constant changes of position as the indecisiveness we do not need. So unless you want to lose the votes from the noble houses on Clarke and Arrakis (if you ever had them) just come out and say I will use the Eye to go after The Query because I don't like them.

On this note I will address your amazing fear of our Councils. Quick history lesson. The Query as most of you know were not formed from a single company, or planet, or lineage, as most of the other Houses were. We were formed from all those who were too small or too tribal or unsophisticated, or whatever to become a single solid political entity. These clans as we came to call them came from all the above sources and developed their own culture and lineage and, in the case of the Councils, a way of deciding internal issues that have served us well. For the Outer Council is large and gives all the clans a voice they know will make its way to the Inner Council. The Inner Council's members are secret and even its size is hidden so that the petitioners in the Outer Council cannot bribe them, suck up to them, or in anyway try to influence decisions that need to be made.

It just feels that anything you don't understand ... nevermind I have tried to avoid personal attacks, failed occasionally, but have tried.

Hear this Nobility of the Imperium, The Church, and The Guilds. While we may not always agree, while we may not always be on the best of terms, We are all on the side of Humanity. I understand this and I also understand we all see how to save Humanity is different I am at least willing to come to the table with you all using this fact as at least a starting point.

Now onto Lord Akatas' statement:

I would imagine that Lord Akatas who wrote up the original treaty would have a pretty good insight into the evvis situation. I am surprised that he would change his support from a treaty to the evvis to the openly pro crusade side, but as he said he would rather have a choice be made than continuing to try and side step the inevitable. I am surprised at his turnabout but realize my actions are not the ones he supports deep down, simply that I am willing to take action. At least the Koriate are being honest.

The Church, rightly so in my opinion, will pursue this crusade until terms similar, though probably not exactly the same, as Hyppean's are met. I see no reason not to support their efforts as the only other alternative is to fight them and would you bring war back to Holy Errovus to defend the Evvis? I won't.

But I am done hashing this point we have discussed it to death everyone knows my position as I have not exactly ever been quiet about it and everyone suspects they know your position, but you cannot even keep your ... nevermind was wandering into personal attacks again. Good day all contact me if you have questions.

Lord Guy

Kentharu
Jul 13, 2011, 11:33 AM
House Kilgore announces its support for Lord Guy for Regent. He has shown a clear plan that does not involve bending to the will of the Evvis, scum that they are. May the Pancreator smite them for all their sin. (The Evvis that is, he could maybe give Texier food poisoning or something)

spryllino
Jul 13, 2011, 03:17 PM
---Alright, I'll wait for things.---

EDIT:

House Texier suggests that we have debated enough. We suggest everyone get their votes in.

Immaculate
Jul 13, 2011, 03:26 PM
I've actually had relatively few votes in spry. Are you sure you want to concede. Sometimes people say one thing and vote another. Also, some houses don't have 100% control of their votes (holy gate- i'm looking at you).

Seon
Jul 13, 2011, 03:27 PM
I would imagine that Lord Akatas who wrote up the original treaty would have a pretty good insight into the evvis situation. I am surprised that he would change his support from a treaty to the evvis to the openly pro crusade side, but as he said he would rather have a choice be made than continuing to try and side step the inevitable. I am surprised at his turnabout but realize my actions are not the ones he supports deep down, simply that I am willing to take action. At least the Koriate are being honest.

OOC: Oh how you would me with this statement! :lol:.
[/QUOTE]

spryllino
Jul 13, 2011, 03:28 PM
Alright, never mind, keep on voting for me.

Ekolite
Jul 13, 2011, 03:30 PM
Immac I need my questions answered before I can send orders. Also stop gimping my characters! :p

Adrogans
Jul 13, 2011, 03:34 PM
Xpost ignore.

Lord Guy

spryllino
Jul 13, 2011, 03:36 PM
Sorry if you just wrote a victory speech. :/

Adrogans
Jul 13, 2011, 03:53 PM
Whatever.

Immaculate
Jul 13, 2011, 07:54 PM
You all have two hours to submit your votes.

Terrance888
Jul 13, 2011, 08:17 PM
"Damn the Evvis and Keul to the space between the gates!" he cursed into the Scepter. Then he felt a buzzing... He felt as he was lifted from his office, "What now!" he cried as he tried to grab his mug of coffee.

Philipe groaned as his head vibrated again. Another ScepterCOM? Or did he accidentally order another Expresso? Damn, by the Pancreator's name they tasted good, although genuine Xicier Beans are over a hundred Firebirds a Pound this far north, the last he heard. He lifted himself to sit on the edge of the bed, leaning on a desk.

He scowled as he ordered a Mocha, "I am LORD van Gar thankyouverymuch. I spend what I want!" The jostling for the Regency between Texier's Diplomatic approach and Query, his ally's, more pragmatic approach caused an all time high in ScepterCOM transmitions and broadcasts (although most of it is political nonsense that meant nothing except sounding good anyway). The scepter (at least, he hoped it was the Scepter and not the caffeinated bomb he is sipping) buzzed again. "Shut up you" he groaned, "I don't want to hear that Jyut's whiny voice, or the General's off key observations, or hell, Hyppean proclaimations! Query Quizzical Condominiums! Koritate Curiously Cool Conversation!" He mentally threw daggers at the scepter in his palm, source of his power and misery, "What now?"

The Scepter buzzed again, and he had in irresistible itch to vote. "I can't tell who controls these things, wondrous bastards." he muttered. "You know who I vote, you can read my mind. Now let me get back to sleep."

The Scepter, satisfied, quietened.

Philip realized he is out of coffee, looked in his mug with a sad expression, and fell back on the bed, dead asleep.

"Damn Politics" he cursed as he drifted off into stuper, "Damn Elections, and Damn the Evvis and Keul to the space between the gates!" Then, before he drifted off, he felt a buzzing...

Philip groaned as his head vibrated again...

Immaculate
Jul 13, 2011, 09:06 PM
Electoral Campaigning Results

In third place, Joachan Valaeda, makes a very poor showing. Considering none knew he was even running for regent, he does much better then anyone would have predicted.

In second place, Jyut Texier, puts up a very strong performance and brings prestige to his noble house with a well run electorial campaign based on rational argument and strong diplomacy.

Ultimately our winner is Gustavus ('Guy') Fye of House Querry. Among the fiefdoms of the Querry fiefdoms the celebrations go on for weeks. May the Pancreator bless his reign with wisdom, temperance, piety and strength.

http://i52.tinypic.com/258v809.jpg

Note that i did not yet receive all votes but that 'Guy' controlled a sufficient number that regardless of how the others voted, he would have retained the win.

Adrogans
Jul 13, 2011, 09:16 PM
Ooc gods its been so long I forgot about that screen in the game.

Terrance888
Jul 13, 2011, 09:39 PM
OOC: Who is Joachan Valaeda?

Immaculate
Jul 13, 2011, 09:40 PM
Holy gate.

Adrogans
Jul 13, 2011, 10:01 PM
Coherent response and diplo tomorrow. Migraine sorry all.

Kentharu
Jul 13, 2011, 11:03 PM
General Iferius Bliel of House Kilgore accepts the command of the Imperial Fleet.

Long live the Imperium!

Diamondeye
Jul 13, 2011, 11:52 PM
Before Imperial Positions are instated, I urge the Regent to reconsider the position of the Imperial Eye. There are many informations that I would not feel happy entrusting to a guild. I'd much prefer them to stick with us, but if our support of your opponent is unforgivable, grant the Eye to another noble house.

You've basically just given the Guilds the coordinates to Holy Errovus. Good luck making friends with the Church.

spryllino
Jul 14, 2011, 01:20 AM
The Eye does not yet have the coordinates to HE as far as I know.

Congratulations on your new post, Lord Fye. May I have permission to take a Fleet ship to go back to E2 in please? Also, if you intend to repair the fiefs on E2 this turn, Endymion Texier is ready to do so as he is repairing our Texier fiefs anyway.

Ekolite
Jul 14, 2011, 03:11 AM
Joachan Valleida apparently stood for the Regency against the will of the House, he did not receive my votes.

@Query: I could not be more critical of your choice of offices. Hyppean may talk the talk, but the House has consistently failed to show any competance in battle. I doubt Arrakis will be pleased with the House Kilgore, somewhat of a pariah, being appointed perhaps the second most powerful office, and I share the opinion of just about everyone about the guilds getting an office. You have shamed our noble tradition by putting a common man in charge of such an establishment. As we all know, giving power to those of ignoble descent is dangerous, and frankly reeks of republicanism. What next, are you going to allow the people of Leagueheim to elect our Regents? Truly disgusting.

Ekolite
Jul 14, 2011, 03:18 AM
Can someone please give me a lift from E2 back to Inceilla? I have no spaceship atm. (I'll make it worth your while ;))

Northen Wolf
Jul 14, 2011, 04:22 AM
: I could not be more critical of your choice of offices. Hyppean may talk the talk, but the House has consistently failed to show any competance in battle.

Of what 'talk' are you talkin' about?

Seon
Jul 14, 2011, 06:33 AM
Can someone please give me a lift from E2 back to Inceilla? I have no spaceship atm. (I'll make it worth your while ;))

I might arrive soon in a frog yacht, but I'll have to resend my orders and Immac wouldn't be pleased. What if he removes the bonus I got for adding exploding sound effects in my orders?

Well, it's more o a gazooom then kaboom, but still.

Northen Wolf
Jul 14, 2011, 06:51 AM
I might arrive soon in a frog yacht, but I'll have to resend my orders and Immac wouldn't be pleased. What if he removes the bonus I got for adding exploding sound effects in my orders?

Well, it's more o a gazooom then kaboom, but still.

You add ... sounds .... to your orders?

Immaculate
Jul 14, 2011, 06:53 AM
He does.

Adrogans
Jul 14, 2011, 08:36 AM
I thank you for your support and intend to do as I have said. Rebuild Fleet, Improve Fleet and Garrison, and allow the Church to commence their crusade unimpeded by Imperial forces. Imperial forces will continue to defend the realm from the symbiot threat.

For those of you who lament the choices for positions then you need to speak with others that the posts were offered to before hand but have declined or failed to respond. In addition to this the appointment of Jason Bird to the Eye was discussed with my supported in the Church before being decided upon. And as to them electing our regent…well they do have votes don’t they?

Yes, Lord Texier, I am more than willing to allow you transport. I do intend to repair said fiefdoms, but need to discuss with the cabinet as to further direction in that regard at the moment.

Lord Guy, Imperial Regent

Ekolite
Jul 14, 2011, 08:43 AM
What I mean to say is that giving power to those of common birth sets a worrying precedent. Republicanism is giving power to the common man, and so what you're doing is borderline republicanism.

I was refering to the people of Leagueheim, not its sceptreholders.

Adrogans
Jul 14, 2011, 08:51 AM
As this is a sceptre holder in question, and I would not give the post to anyone other than that fear not on that charge, I do not view them as common. A sceptre is rare and important.

Lord Guy

Ekolite
Jul 14, 2011, 08:59 AM
A sceptre is rare and important.

Too bad their blood isn't.

Tarsenusis

Diamondeye
Jul 14, 2011, 09:13 AM
I have nothing against the guilds per se. But granting them the Imperial Eye is madness. Everyone knows they serve primarily their own, material interests, but what we need now is devout service to the conflicts the Imperium is facing, not selfish hoarding.

hbar
Jul 14, 2011, 09:36 AM
Right, because the noble houses have such an unblemished, selfless record regarding the Imperial posts.

Northen Wolf
Jul 14, 2011, 09:43 AM
On topic of Imperial Eye
If church has faith and trust To let 'the Guilders' have control over 'The Imperial Eye', then so will we.

@Kilgore
To: General Iferius Bliel
Don't let all those fancy buttons that most "big" ships have to distract you from your duties. I assume you do know, that you should not push all the blinking buttons. Also friendly advice - try to keep as far away from buttons labeled as "self-destruct" and "overload" as well, you know, accident to tend to happen. Focus your two braincells onto the task of rebuildin' the fleet. I say that, Assuming, that you know what 'The Imperial Fleet' is and I hope that you know at least very 'basic' math. But then again, maybe I'm just asking too much from you - simple sheep lover herder.
-Garrik Harnoth

Welcome to the Command of the Imperial Fleet. I expect us to work together in this task and keep this vile threat at bay, until RKV hits the planet or until we manage to get an advantage on ground. Even tho we had our differences, let those not distract us from our goal. I wish you luck and pray for Pancreators blessing for both of us and hope that your hesitation with faith will be cured and that you may walk in the light of Pancreator.
-Tenith Erona

I order you - Go and reconquer Stigimata. Unleash heavenly fury on the symbiots. But be sure not to forget to lick your wounds and strengthen your pack - a wounded pack, will not hunt well. May pancreator let moon to light your path and may you find your pray in a weaken state.
-G'rrif Bloodmaker Harnoth via leaflet delivered by runners to many houses and to Imperial fleet doorstep, on E2

Adrogans
Jul 14, 2011, 09:55 AM
OOC: This cabinet will be fun. If nothing else the discussions will be lively.

Northen Wolf
Jul 14, 2011, 10:12 AM
OOC: This cabinet will be fun. If nothing else the discussions will be lively.

To: Regent
I order you - restore the Empire into its former glory. Rebuild the space horde so it would bite with thousands of bites and it fangs would be sharper than the sharpest swords known to man. Increase the size of hunting grounds and improvelogistics between all tribes and clans - Trade should go through the Alphas lands because Alpha is the strongest and you, as you are my Regent, should do Alphas bidding as well as you can. Best of luck to you and may your scent-tracers find you a nice family of does and may bring home even larger sources of meat than the one before you.

Ekolite
Jul 14, 2011, 10:23 AM
Would someone put a muzzle on that thing? :p

Northen Wolf
Jul 14, 2011, 10:36 AM
Would someone put a muzzle on that thing? :p

Do you think of your regent so oddly that you would put a muzzle on Guy Fye? What an odd sexual fetishes for house so pious. But aslong as you serve the Pancreator and don't sexualize me or my pack members, your fetishes are non of my concern. Take good care of your pack, but please, don't allow rumors of your fetishes to spread, I do not think many would appreciate them.

-G'rrif 'Bloodmaker' Harnoth (Via leaflets spread all over E2)

Adrogans
Jul 14, 2011, 11:05 AM
To: Regent
I order you - restore the Empire into its former glory. Rebuild the space horde so it would bite with thousands of bites and it fangs would be sharper than the sharpest swords known to man. Increase the size of hunting grounds and improvelogistics between all tribes and clans - Trade should go through the Alphas lands because Alpha is the strongest and you, as you are my Regent, should do Alphas bidding as well as you can. Best of luck to you and may your scent-tracers find you a nice family of does and may bring home even larger sources of meat than the one before you.

"Sir we keep hearing of these leaflets." the staff nervously handed the last two leaflets. Lord Guy took them skimmed them and began laughing, almost literally falling out of his chair.

"Oh.." Lord Guy panted for a moment as the laughter subsided. "Wow, this is different." He smiled and handed the leaflets back to the staff. "I honestly am glad I do not need to respond to this, cause I really do not know how."

Terrance888
Jul 14, 2011, 12:40 PM
Joachan Valleida apparently stood for the Regency against the will of the House, he did not receive my votes.

@Query: I could not be more critical of your choice of offices. Hyppean may talk the talk, but the House has consistently failed to show any competance in battle. I doubt Arrakis will be pleased with the House Kilgore, somewhat of a pariah, being appointed perhaps the second most powerful office, and I share the opinion of just about everyone about the guilds getting an office. You have shamed our noble tradition by putting a common man in charge of such an establishment. As we all know, giving power to those of ignoble descent is dangerous, and frankly reeks of republicanism. What next, are you going to allow the people of Leagueheim to elect our Regents? Truly disgusting.

Kilgore is currently undergoing reconciliation with her fellow neighbors on Arrakis, thankyouverymuch. Please do not assume the politics of the hot, oil-rich, oversized and Dune from your cool, seasonal lands of Incellia.

As for the Hyppean and the Garrison; I ask you, since you are so knowledgable of the combat statistics of our Generals, to release such statistics to prove that Hyppean can't walk the walk compared to the combat statistics of other houses and their commanders.

Finally, that last statement doesn't make sense. The greatest Nobles were given Scepters, as were the greatest Cardinals and the greatest Guilders. The Regency, despite being a noble institution, is policed by the law of the Scepters. They have a scepter, they are great and worthy enough for a vote in the Regency Election and perhaps be appointed, or even voted for. This is not Republicanism by any count: at worst it is Oligarchic. They were entrusted with a scepter, and therefore all the responsibilities and opportunities that come with it. End of story.

Oh, and by the way, if you know of any good coffee-free (er... Hot Chocolate?) vacation spots in Incellia, I am interested.

*sip* Philip Van Gar of House Vanari

Ekolite
Jul 14, 2011, 01:38 PM
It is bad enough that guildsmen were given sceptres in the first place. Giving these people, who are not of noble blood (as opposed to the Houses, and in general probably the Church), is borderline republicanism. This is because the Regent is giving this ignoble man extreme power within government, and giving power to those who do not possess it by birthright is republicanism. Sceptre or no sceptre. This is not the republic, and these conniving, usurious conmen have no place in honest government.

Immaculate
Jul 14, 2011, 01:41 PM
ORDERS ARE DUE MONDAY JULY 18th

Northen Wolf
Jul 14, 2011, 01:47 PM
As for the Hyppean and the Garrison; I ask you, since you are so knowledgable of the combat statistics of our Generals, to release such statistics to prove that Hyppean can't walk the walk compared to the combat statistics of other houses and their commanders.

If you want this position to yourself, you can have it. Hyppean does not mind. If we we are not good enough commanders, then find better - we have proven what we are capable of leading this garrison with minimal losses and even expanded garrison power.

You want statistics I give you statistics -
* We did not kill hundreds of INF IV units with radiation poisoning. In fact, before they were killed, we bought and delivered new Inf IV units to stigmata.
* We cleaned up and we offered healthcare and service to all those rad. poisoned units. Who were left on stigmata to rot by previous commander.
* Garrisson fortifications on stigmata were restored from misrable state they were in
* Garrison has not fallen on stigmata, neither did we have high amount of casualties in Stigmata fortress.
* Hyppean command has successfully seen destruction of 2 symbiot hives, one of them via direct assault into hive heart and gettin' most soldiers out from there ALIVE.
* Garrison under Garrik Harnoth Command repelled symbiots landing fleet from Hubbard, evacuated TWO cities with minimal amount of units.
* Garrison now has new design of Scream Hogs and already has several squadrons of scream hog aircraft on stigmata.

Now that's your statistic. Want simpler statistic? Here:
Garrison has lost far less men than under Koriotate 'leadership' (which set us back hard)
Garrison has succesfully survived more than multiple assaults on stigmata
Garrison repelled Hubbard invasion
Garrison is doing better (-inf IV units that were not lost by hyppean commanders and that set back our wiping out hives plan by several years).
Garrison has more income (hubbard restored, E2 built up).

-Garrik Harnoth

Dear sir, I was stunned by your ignorance but there are those, who live under a rock or in an information block. Just for you I'll explain -
House Hyppean has successfully lead Garrison to destruction of 2 symbiots hives, which is 2 more than previous commanders did.
Garrison under Hyppean command has replled hundred of invasions (including invasion on Hubbard) successfully and with minimal or acceptable losses.
Under Hyppean leadership Garrison has increased its income and control on E2 as well as Hubbard, both before and after the Hubbard Invasion.
I might also add that hyppean leadership saved thousand or more soldiers, who were left here to die by previous commander as well as garrison has now new aircraft that is capable of giving symbiots a good fight and new units are being deployed as we speak.

If you got a better commander, then please, say his name and I'll gladly give away this post to a far more capable commander. Because far more capable commander is better for whole future of entire Empire. But until there is no such leader, Hyppean has to fulfill these duties. And we will honor Pancreator by this service and we will continue wielding Garrison as the Sword and The Shield of Pancreator himself as long as the empire requires our services. Until the day comes, when a better commander steps up. Hyppean shall command the Garrison to best of our capacity. May Pancreator be with the Garrison.

-Tenith Erona

Learn to obey your masters will. Until Alpha decides to appoint a new pack leader for Garrison, so long will Hyppean stay in control. Because Hyppean is (one of the) the greatest of Clans. So fall back in line pup, unless you have a better commander to offer, if not, I'll personally doggify your seating area.
-G'rrif 'Bloodmaker' Harnoth via leaflets on E2

Ekolite
Jul 14, 2011, 01:49 PM
Do you think of your regent so oddly that you would put a muzzle on Guy Fye? What an odd sexual fetishes for house so pious. But aslong as you serve the Pancreator and don't sexualize me or my pack members, your fetishes are non of my concern. Take good care of your pack, but please, don't allow rumors of your fetishes to spread, I do not think many would appreciate them.

-G'rrif 'Bloodmaker' Harnoth (Via leaflets spread all over E2)

As for you (via full-colour booklet), I assure you I have no intention of sexualising you or your brood in any way. This is all a bit of a misunderstanding, you see in my country mutts wear a collar and chain, and if they're snappy, a muzzle. I see in Hyppean they let their animals run free and have a place in government.

spryllino
Jul 14, 2011, 01:50 PM
This deranged gnoll is getting on my nerves. Could we possibly be rid of him, Northen?

Northen Wolf
Jul 14, 2011, 01:53 PM
This deranged gnoll is getting on my nerves. Could we possibly be rid of him, Northen?

Nope, he is my new ACC to replace my nobles action =)

Diamondeye
Jul 14, 2011, 01:55 PM
Right, because the noble houses have such an unblemished, selfless record regarding the Imperial posts.

All I'm saying is that House Bossheaim did not mismanage the office, I see no reason why we should be exchanged for a pack of profiteers, proliferating the knowledge of the Imperium's innermost secrets seems like an unnecessary evil to draw upon oneself.

Does the current Regent have anything to complain about concerning the way we managed the Imperial Eye? If so, we can understand the need to replace the commander of the institution, but it is our understanding that we have done a good, no, an extraordinary term as commander of the Eye. We manifactured and distributed the Vaccine against the Demon's Cough, infiltrated the guilds of Clarke (another reason why a guild should not be allowed to command the Eye!), and established contact with the Evvis under peaceful conditions (which were later, through the actions of others, misused and turned sour).

Finally, one of the most integral parts of the Eye is its spy network on Guildheim, something that has been very costly and time-consuming to establish and is by no means easy to maintain or replace. We expect the agents of the Eye to be flushed out or at least identified if the Regent goes through with his intentions of granting the Eye to the guilds.

I just want to know that the Regent has already considered these things and weighted them in his decision. If that is the case, he does us no insult, but his intelligence does his title insult!

spryllino
Jul 14, 2011, 01:56 PM
@Northen: But you aren't even in control of him. Why do you want such a disobedient gnoll that your house doesn't even know precisely where he is, and such a low-ranking gnoll that he can't even communicate by ordinary methods such as inter-noble radio, as your ACC?

Ekolite
Jul 14, 2011, 02:00 PM
@DE: Personally I suspect the Eye was used as a bribe in return for the league's votes. He has offered the Leagueheim network to them on a plate.

OOC: Spry stop being such a kill joy :p

spryllino
Jul 14, 2011, 02:01 PM
Well, the Eye was certainly demanded from me in return for the League's votes.

Northen Wolf
Jul 14, 2011, 02:02 PM
@Northen: But you aren't even in control of him. Why do you want such a disobedient gnoll that your house doesn't even know precisely where he is, and such a low-ranking gnoll that he can't even communicate by ordinary methods such as inter-noble radio, as your ACC?

He has no sceptre and I have no ACC capable of sending messages on E2. This is the case with most ACC's who are not in possession of a sceptre. Besides, he is fun to have and has his own agenda. He'll still vote and think what Hyppean thinks, he just sees things from a different perspective. Besides bringing a non-human ACC into play seems like an interesting idea. I don't play to win, I play to have fun. I'm a builder, I like building, I hate war. So what if I have ACC's with their own views - I like it this way more than the idea that ACC are just tools for the nation.

spryllino
Jul 14, 2011, 02:14 PM
Playing against your House's interests and promoting mad people or animals to positions of authority is OOC because no sane House would actually do it. If you want your ACC to be disobedient, you ought to get a different ACC to compensate, and your mad character shouldn't be one of the people doing things on the House's behalf.

But whatever you like; I should no doubt just shut up and stop being a killjoy as Eko says.

However, I would definitely like to know if G'riff is a) irrelevant because he has no position of authority; or b) an important noble who has the support of House Hyppean. If a) I'll just ignore him, and if b) I'll just think a lot less of the Hyppean leadership. But you can't have it both ways, and so which way is it? Is G'riff an irritating noise or an important person?

Northen Wolf
Jul 14, 2011, 02:22 PM
However, I would definitely like to know if G'riff is a) irrelevant because he has no position of authority; or b) an important noble who has the support of House Hyppean. If a) I'll just ignore him, and if b) I'll just think a lot less of the Hyppean leadership. But you can't have it both ways, and so which way is it? Is G'riff an irritating noise or an important person?

C) He has his supporter factions among many, not only Hyppean. He is popular within the crowds and many many minor nobles and has sufficient control over masses. That allowed him to forcefully become an important ACC for Hyppean, while he might not have full support of entire government, he has enough support to represent Hyppean in certain things like building roads and leading project. This is medieval world, and hyppean is union of tribes who are vassals not slaves. And his views are similar with Hyppeans, just he has a bit more aggressive approach and compares everything to dogs/wolves/mutts. So basically he has gained power by force. He is not going to speak against my houses views but he may have his own view where I have none. He is mostly for fun =)

Adrogans
Jul 14, 2011, 02:22 PM
First I think House Hyppean has stated very clearly why I want them retained as Garrison commander.

Second your managing contact with the Evvis, and your support of a treaty with them put you personally opposed to this Regency's beliefs in reagards to the Evvis. I cannot have someone in an Imperial post that does not agree with my general course of action. They can debate and discuss, but the goals need to be agreed with. I have never said you were inept I have no experience either way with you to make such a conclusion. I asked two others to take up the post before Jason Bird. One refused saying he wanted peace with the Evvis and thus disagreed. The other while wavering determined to side with the I want an Evvis treaty camp and then failed to respond either way.

Jason Bird approached me with the idea of naming him to the Eye. In return he would aid the rebuilding of fleet, which you might have noticed is in a very bad situation. He also agreed with the need to face the Evvis and if a treaty is ever going to be possible we have to do it from a position of strength.

You have both openly oppsed me and my policies, two other nobles with the skill I need declined. The only other offers were either after I agreed to appoint Jason Bird as the Eye, or from people who would still vote against me and openly disagreed with me on the Evvis situation.

So explain to me why I would retain you as Eye? I gave more than one noble a chance to take the post and was refused. After it became known I would select Jason Bird as the Eye you exploded. So if you want to know there you have it.

As to republicanism, explain how choosing to appoint a skilled individual to a post in any way is even possibly close to rule by the masses. Jason Bird is not some passing serf. He is a sceptre holder and essentially controls his own fiefdom. There was no election for him, there was no debate. He was chosen and appointed by the Regent. I fail to see this as republicanism.

Lord Guy, Regent

Adrogans
Jul 14, 2011, 02:24 PM
Well, the Eye was certainly demanded from me in return for the League's votes.

Actually it was offered after they knew I was rejected by my first two choices. They told me it was the only way you would get their votes.

Diamondeye
Jul 14, 2011, 03:44 PM
First I think House Hyppean has stated very clearly why I want them retained as Garrison commander.

Second your managing contact with the Evvis, and your support of a treaty with them put you personally opposed to this Regency's beliefs in reagards to the Evvis. I cannot have someone in an Imperial post that does not agree with my general course of action.

I did not agree with everything the former Regent or his placeholder did, yet I obeyed orders. I have not made statements on the treaty apart from casting my vote in favour of Texier, and that had nothing to do with the treaty, it had to do with knowing how much they had worked on the Fleet and the belief that they would be the better person to lead us against the Symbiote. That is my honest opinion.

They can debate and discuss, but the goals need to be agreed with. I have never said you were inept I have no experience either way with you to make such a conclusion. I asked two others to take up the post before Jason Bird. One refused saying he wanted peace with the Evvis and thus disagreed. The other while wavering determined to side with the I want an Evvis treaty camp and then failed to respond either way.

Well, the selfish shortsightedness of others can't really be blamed on my house, can it? As an Eye commander I would of course follow the line laid out by the Regent who appointed me. As I did under the last Regent.

Jason Bird approached me with the idea of naming him to the Eye. In return he would aid the rebuilding of fleet, which you might have noticed is in a very bad situation. He also agreed with the need to face the Evvis and if a treaty is ever going to be possible we have to do it from a position of strength.

I noticed. I would have sent in orders to donate all Eye funds this turn to the Fleet anyway, if I had had the eye (and had not been ordered otherwise) as it is the best course of action. I am supporting a Council of Minors donation to the Fleet. I am aware of the problem we are facing.

You have both openly oppsed me and my policies

How so? I cast my vote for another candidate, that's about it, correct?

two other nobles with the skill I need declined. The only other offers were either after I agreed to appoint Jason Bird as the Eye, or from people who would still vote against me and openly disagreed with me on the Evvis situation.

... You can't know for sure I would fit into either of these categories. I would have appreciated an interview or something like that before using the Eye to shop votes with the hagglers.

So explain to me why I would retain you as Eye? I gave more than one noble a chance to take the post and was refused. After it became known I would select Jason Bird as the Eye you exploded. So if you want to know there you have it.

I expected you to entrust the Eye to someone responsible. Of course I exploded when you went ahead and sold it to the highest bidder. I've worked selflessly for four years to get the Eye in a better shape and serve the Empire and I am rewarded with my work being sold wholepiece to some common merchant to be torn apart at his leisure?

You would retain me as the Eye because I have proven my worth in the position and I am already privy to any classified information that might not be smart sharing with sellswords and smugglers, and have proven my integrity in the position for the past four years.

As to republicanism, explain how choosing to appoint a skilled individual to a post in any way is even possibly close to rule by the masses. Jason Bird is not some passing serf. He is a sceptre holder and essentially controls his own fiefdom. There was no election for him, there was no debate. He was chosen and appointed by the Regent. I fail to see this as republicanism.

I have no doubt that Jason Bird has skills with his tongue to get into the position he is, but a brain, a spine and preferably some ethics are more important when commanding the Eye.

He has a sceptre. So does an Elvish Pirate-Murderer-Outlaw. What is your point here.

Terrance888
Jul 14, 2011, 05:47 PM
If you want this position to yourself, you can have it. Hyppean does not mind. If we we are not good enough commanders, then find better - we have proven what we are capable of leading this garrison with minimal losses and even expanded garrison power.

You want statistics I give you statistics -
* We did not kill hundreds of INF IV units with radiation poisoning. In fact, before they were killed, we bought and delivered new Inf IV units to stigmata.
* We cleaned up and we offered healthcare and service to all those rad. poisoned units. Who were left on stigmata to rot by previous commander.
* Garrisson fortifications on stigmata were restored from misrable state they were in
* Garrison has not fallen on stigmata, neither did we have high amount of casualties in Stigmata fortress.
* Hyppean command has successfully seen destruction of 2 symbiot hives, one of them via direct assault into hive heart and gettin' most soldiers out from there ALIVE.
* Garrison under Garrik Harnoth Command repelled symbiots landing fleet from Hubbard, evacuated TWO cities with minimal amount of units.
* Garrison now has new design of Scream Hogs and already has several squadrons of scream hog aircraft on stigmata.

Now that's your statistic. Want simpler statistic? Here:
Garrison has lost far less men than under Koriotate 'leadership' (which set us back hard)
Garrison has succesfully survived more than multiple assaults on stigmata
Garrison repelled Hubbard invasion
Garrison is doing better (-inf IV units that were not lost by hyppean commanders and that set back our wiping out hives plan by several years).
Garrison has more income (hubbard restored, E2 built up).

-Garrik Harnoth

Dear sir, I was stunned by your ignorance but there are those, who live under a rock or in an information block. Just for you I'll explain -
House Hyppean has successfully lead Garrison to destruction of 2 symbiots hives, which is 2 more than previous commanders did.
Garrison under Hyppean command has replled hundred of invasions (including invasion on Hubbard) successfully and with minimal or acceptable losses.
Under Hyppean leadership Garrison has increased its income and control on E2 as well as Hubbard, both before and after the Hubbard Invasion.
I might also add that hyppean leadership saved thousand or more soldiers, who were left here to die by previous commander as well as garrison has now new aircraft that is capable of giving symbiots a good fight and new units are being deployed as we speak.

If you got a better commander, then please, say his name and I'll gladly give away this post to a far more capable commander. Because far more capable commander is better for whole future of entire Empire. But until there is no such leader, Hyppean has to fulfill these duties. And we will honor Pancreator by this service and we will continue wielding Garrison as the Sword and The Shield of Pancreator himself as long as the empire requires our services. Until the day comes, when a better commander steps up. Hyppean shall command the Garrison to best of our capacity. May Pancreator be with the Garrison.

-Tenith Erona

Learn to obey your masters will. Until Alpha decides to appoint a new pack leader for Garrison, so long will Hyppean stay in control. Because Hyppean is (one of the) the greatest of Clans. So fall back in line pup, unless you have a better commander to offer, if not, I'll personally doggify your seating area.
-G'rrif 'Bloodmaker' Harnoth via leaflets on E2
To Hyppean?

Uh... What? I was talking to Holy Gate... I least I hope so. Damn decaf.

To Holy Gate

Here are your statistics. I guess your statement was unfounded.

Darksaber1
Jul 14, 2011, 09:37 PM
“Umm, Milady?” Arakia Kathros asked nervously. Lady Htana wasn’t a particularly scary or mean lady, at least by noble status (especially compared to those horrible people from Houses Nacmacorthex and Yuenki*), but she could get snappy when disturbed, and hadn’t been sleeping well.

“M’La-“ Arakia began to say.

“I heard you the first time!” snapped Ghilda, turning sharply of Arakia “What is it?” he continued in a kinder tone “Only I’ve been very busy and now my cousin is on me about finances, and that Nacmacorthex Lady keeps bothering me and what is this?!”

“It’s, um, one of those leaflets that Hyppean, umm, character keeps sending out. He seems unhappy about not getting any votes.”

“The Hyppean must be employing Pedagogue scribes, no-one in that House speaks that well.” Ghilda said indistinctly, then sighed. “Great, something else for Lady Nacmacorthex to complain about, she’s always talking about her Gnoll Anti-Defamation league.”

“It has to be better than what she talks about the rest of the time, milady, heh heh…heh.” Said, then quailed as Lady Htana looked at her oddly.

“Well, I suppose so. The self styled “Wind of Salt and Hooks” gets rather bloodthirsty and aggressive other times. When not talking about fish, that is; it was a mistake to mention my ichthyology interests. Anyway, get going to do… whatever. I need to work to do.”

As Arakria exited the room she noticed the tall women in darkened amour striding purposefully down the hallway. Lady Htana was going to have an unpleasant afternoon.

*Two of the minor sub-houses of House Thana, to be detailed latter.

Kentharu
Jul 15, 2011, 12:04 AM
Immac, could you tell me when you have maybe an hour or so (tomorrow or the day after) to talk. I have a lot of questions, both about the fleet and about my own House affairs.

Spry could you send me any relevant info on the fleet.

Northen could you PM me your plan for the Garrison (Please make it OOC, I'm in no mood to wade through IC stuff with regards to Imperial matters).

Adrogans, if you have anything specific you would like me to do (other than the obvious rebuilding) then feel free to PM me. I'll be available tomorrow around 2pm ish, assuming I sleep well tonight.

If anyone else has questions or concerns about the fleet feel free to PM me and I'll promotely find a way to rudely tell you to mind your own business. :)

IC

To:
The Hyppean dude

Sure man. Keep killing alien things and I'll keep being awesome at life. Sounds like a win win.

Ekolite
Jul 15, 2011, 04:34 AM
To Hyppean?

Uh... What? I was talking to Holy Gate... I least I hope so. Damn decaf.

To Holy Gate

Here are your statistics. I guess your statement was unfounded.

Hardly. What these say is that he did a better job then Koriate (hardly a suprise), we still need better.