View Full Version : ImmacuNES II B- Emperor of the Fading Heavens

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13

Northen Wolf
Mar 22, 2011, 04:20 PM
But my Lord Fye, the Church is already taking control.

The church is maintaining peace and order! Churches forces crushed many revolts and rebels. It is not Churches problem that nobles can not control their territories.

However we should ask Church to aid us against the Symbiots. Whatever through manpower or MF.

spryllino
Mar 22, 2011, 04:23 PM
The church is maintaining peace and order! Churches forces crushed many revolts and rebels. It is not Churches problem that nobles can not control their territories.

Undeniably, but that just makes it even more essential that the Regent should confer with the Church over the ultimate fate of these territories.

Ekolite
Mar 22, 2011, 04:27 PM
@Spry

Firstly, we see a need for the Regent to cooperate more closely with the Church. The Church has enormously extensive resources that are not being used to fight the Symbiots but perhaps they could be doing so if the Regent were conferring fully on the matter with his fellow-Clerics. edit: not to mention the fact that the Church is spending enormous funds and forces on matters of dubious urgency.

The Church has been heavily involved in the rebuilding of E2, which is also a matter of significant importance. They may also be able to provide help in Stigmata. We will be in discussion.

Secondly, something needs to be done to replace the role of the Authority on Errovus Secondus. The prime purposes of the Authority - the water gates' maintainance and the distribution of grain and the prevention of piracy - need continuing by someone.

This is the responsibility of the people of Erovus Secundus, ie. the Houses there.

Thirdly, the southern Authority continent needs to come under the legal ownership of someone. The Regent must consult with the Church on this matter.

Not any of my business.

Fourthly, we urge everyone to behave with extreme caution and moderation with regard to Arrakis.

It's up to the people of Arrakis to decide how best to respond to this situation.

Fifthly, we agree with the Regent that diplomatic overtures should be made towards the Evvis, and we rather wonder why this sort of business has not been brought before the Nobles to consider in the thread.

This sort of business has not been brought to the nobles because it is simply an option that is being discussed, and apparently leaked. The Regent believes that we need to know more about the Evvis, particularly those dwelling on Assimov, and making contact would be one way to acheive this.

Sixthly, what is the status of the naval treaty with the Authority on Errovus Secondus? House Texier wishes to know if it is now free to build ships; at any rate, what must certainly be avoided is the complete absence of any naval force to protect merchant shipping on the seas of the planet.

Well I don't oppose you building ships.. It's probably a good idea to protect the shipping now that the Authority is no longer around. You can probably consider that treaty void.

Adrogans
Mar 22, 2011, 04:30 PM

However we should ask Church to aid us against the Symbiots. Whatever through manpower or MF.

I am not worried that the Church is, what I am saying is we need to plan for the future use of these lands and the best option I think is to set them up as part of Garrison and Fleet to bolster these critical offices.

Lord Guy

Ekolite
Mar 22, 2011, 04:30 PM
Arrakis Defense Pact.

The Regent should be included in this, because the Regent has both lands and forces on the planet of Arrakis. If the purpose of this group is to organise the defence of the planet against Symbiots, which it is, then logically the regent should be involved.

I am not asking for membership into every group there is, but I would appreciate membership to ones who's purpose it is to defend planets on which I have land.

Adrogans
Mar 22, 2011, 04:31 PM
Ah that is much more understandable than the apparent blanket statement from earlier.

Lord Ichabod

Ekolite
Mar 22, 2011, 04:34 PM
I think you must have misread, because my original statement refered only to groups formed to defend planets. I have no intention or desire to spy on, or involve myself in, the local ongoings of any of the planets other then my own (as Holy Gate). I've made this repeatedly clear, it's your planet, you are responsible. As Regent I am concerning myself only with problems which effect the whole Empire.

Kentharu
Mar 22, 2011, 04:35 PM
Kilgore does not object to the Regent being included in any planetary defense organizations that comes to be. Their logic is sound.

hbar
Mar 22, 2011, 04:37 PM
Also, it's a moot point since he's already invited. It was just an oversight, nothing more.

LDiCesare
Mar 22, 2011, 04:49 PM
Secondly, something needs to be done to replace the role of the Authority on Errovus Secondus. The prime purposes of the Authority - the water gates' maintainance and the distribution of grain and the prevention of piracy - need continuing by someone.

House Tsedeq agrees. Although on the central continent, house Naprous in the north has been building dykes, and Tsedeq in the south also has been building some protection around the new fields, the rest of the continent coasts and the other continents need shielding, and the dykes must be maintained. This cannot be left to the power of the nearby noble houses because some areas are controlled by freemen and therefore with no protection. Tsedeq will make sure that the southand southeastern parts of the central continent is secure. We believe house Naprous can secure, or has already secured, the northern and eastern coasts, and that house Illborne has "inherited" from the Authority all that is necessary to secure the western part of the continent.

The other two inhabited continents should likewise organise themselves, and whoever takes control of the southern authority continent too.
The northern authority continent should probably be left to the waters as it's likely damaged beyond repair.

Regarding grain distribution, since waters are now free for all with the end of the Authority, we believe house Naprous and other food producers can ship food and good wherever needed, so there's no need to replace the Authority for this. It is, after all, how all other planets are handled.

Thirdly, the southern Authority continent needs to come under the legal ownership of someone. The Regent must consult with the Church on this matter.

We back the proposal that this continent be given to the Garrison and maybe Fleet in order for them to get much needed extra revenue.

Sixthly, what is the status of the naval treaty with the Authority on Errovus Secondus? House Texier wishes to know if it is now free to build ships; at any rate, what must certainly be avoided is the complete absence of any naval force to protect merchant shipping on the seas of the planet.

The Authority officially no longer exists so the monopoly it was given no longer exists either.

Edit: OOC:
by the way, what are the dark dots all over the E2 map in Regency, Illborne, Orthodox, Querry, Freemen and Sanctious 'Als domains?

Edit:
and Kilgore, welcome to E2.

spryllino
Mar 22, 2011, 04:57 PM
Who will pay for the flood-gate maintenance and, Immac, what are the costs of this? And Tsedeq, this is a highly complicated process requiring centralised and careful management.

Ultimately, it may not highly destructive for E2's economy for all the money earnt from the southern Authority fief to be exported for the defence against the Symbiots. Remember that the Authority was not making a huge profit and only just keeping financially afloat when put under strain. I theorise that the profits from the southern continent may all be needed to upkeep the dykes and levees.

Eko: that isn't a leak; it's open for all to see, and I, IC, don't like how we're not being consulted about the general plans. This sort of cabalistic government is counterproductive and silly, especially as the impact of the matter in question concerns Minor Houses like the Quin more than anyone else. Besides, we have good ideas too and may well be able to add useful suggestions to your defence plans.

Kentharu
Mar 22, 2011, 05:05 PM
House Kilgore agrees with the appropriation of Authority funds to aid in the defense of Symbiots.

Kyzarc Fotjage
Mar 22, 2011, 05:10 PM
and I at least have a bigger stake then just about anyone else in the results of the Evvis diplomacy, since I have virtually all my holdings on that planet and am the single biggest presence there. If they turn out to be aggressive I need to know so I can rally defenses, while if we're going to be at peace then it'd be logical to have me or my wife as a diplomat between our empires.
Lord Nereus

Seon
Mar 22, 2011, 05:29 PM
Kinda IC-OOC, Garriks comments:

Garrik believes that Infantry should remain behind to protect the artillery. Infantry should not be used in front or mid-rows.

The main problem that plagued the infantry IV was the nuclear bombardment that had been done couple of years ago to defend ourselves, not actual combat with Symbiotes. Using them to defend the artillery was exactly what I did.

About Hubbard:
Both Garrik Harnoth aswell as Tenith Erona are on Hubbard and are willing to lead Imperial Garrison offensive/defensive there. Garrik was previous commander of Garisson and it'd be unwise to throw away such an opportunity. Of course I'll not be giving over control of my ACCs - they'll still follow my orders. I want Garrik to lead the assault/reconquest plans and Tenith defense/stop expansion plans.

That is fine as long as you clear the plan with me.

If I have to rename the city to "Raccoon City," and all that is left is a big hulking flaming wasteland, there will be some answering to be done.

About E2: Garrison should expand its territories and holdings there, just to gain access to extra funds and secure E2 future.

I would consider doing that if I didn't feel that it would set a bad precedent, and if the entire area had not been irradiated.

About magic: Garrison has no magic quality, better leave it to battle brothers or some other faction. Altho healers who can dis-spell symbiot magic and then heal would be useful, great idea!

Indeed. Sadly, events on Klorinheim destroyed the chance that Garrison had in developing magical troops that could teleport explosives directly into the hives. So we shall go for a consolation prize, although I would appreciate it if a magic-capable noble house can assist the garrison's magic development.

Meanwhile, I am taking suggestions for a Garrison's own air unit to counter Symbiot aerial creatures and also for reconnaissance. The one with the best suggestion will receive a small prize.

thomas.berubeg
Mar 22, 2011, 05:33 PM
Again, House Klorin is more than ready to help in the war by training Garrison forces. We assure the garrison that there will be no problems with Klorinheim.

Darksaber1
Mar 22, 2011, 05:45 PM
The Dead can Feel Just Pain (The Empty Whole Part 1)

Never thought I’d be back in here, Miaden thought, looking across the roofs of City 17. It mostly looked the same, except for the armed teams driving the streets, fixing the House Thana crest to lampposts and walls. Not that it mattered to the common-folk, their only thoughts on the matter was a hope that it would provide them with some safety from the Warlords.

But warlords were not why Miaden and the Huntress were here this time. No, they had gotten word of a group of Apostates (possibly heretics) that had moved into the area. The Church was busy with other matters, so the Huntress were going to capture them and bring them in. She wasn’t sure what the Church did to Apostates, however she did know what it did to Heretics.

“Aiden, contact teams three and four, and ask if their ready.” Miaden asked over her shoulder.

“’k, I got it gov.”

After moment, she received her confirmations, and headed out.

A while later:
“Ok, our sources say this is the place.” Miaden said, stopping in front of a smallish door. “This leads into a network of rooms and corridors, with lots of modifications to layout, be ready for doors, rooms and passages everywhere. All ready? Let’s go.”

The first few minutes were uneventful, quietly moving through a maze of rooms and passages towards what they believed to be the Apostates headquarters. Uneventful didn’t mean easy thought; there were lots of dead ends, doubling back, and a steadily growing unease.

“Where is everyone?” Lurai asked, the large orc having to duck frequently to avoid splitting her skull open. “These look like apartments, but we havn’t seen anyone since enterin’.”

“Ya, it’s maken me nervous too. Should be people all over this place. Looks, thar’s stuff averywhare!” Aiden said, kicking a straw-and-rag mattress.

“Maybe they all went for a smoke, Pancreator knows, if you lit-up in here, you’d probably burn the whole building down.” Anyais, formerly Delta Sierra 6, said, a disgusted look on her face.

“Hold the chatter, I think there something up ahead.” Miaden said curtly, the familiar feeling on he scalp. Something bad was going on.

And when they reached the large room, she was proven right.

“Whelp. Guess we found the residents.” Aiden said, her expression and tone contrasting sharply with her flippant words.

While it wasn’t clear if they were the building residents, there were lots of them, piled around the edges of the room, in heap on the floor, stacked upon tables and shelves, pale and naked. And utterly dead.

“Makers breath!” one of the Huntress gasped, before vomiting. Miaden couldn’t blame her; while they were used to death, this... this was not a normal sight. Slowly, Miaden walked along between the mounds of bodies, noticing how they had been carefully heaped to leave clear paths between them. And when she reached the far end of the room, she stopped, and icy feeling crawling down her spine. She hoped her thoughts were wrong.

Here, there were chairs and beds, all with restrains, all with a body still strapped in. Before she could suppress her horrified thoughts enough to speak, Aiden stepped up to the closest chair, and touched the woman’s cheek.

“Still a little warm.” She said quietly, her speak more conformed in proper. “And look-needle marks.”

“Umm, maybe their junkies? Lots and lots of...” Maraise started, eyes wide, only to tail-off quickly, then give a strangled cry and Aiden cut a long, deep piece of flesh from the corpse’s arm with her knife.

“Hmm,” Aiden said, looking at the cut and piece of flesh, which she then squeezed in her fist. When that didn’t seem to satisfy her curiosity, she leaned on the cut arm, as if trying to squeeze something out of it. She then knelt and placed a log cut on its calf, ignoring the sickened moans and groans from the others.

“As I thought,” she said to Miaden, standing. “Completely drained of blood. I’m guessing it’s the same for the others.”

“Wait, what!? Why would someone drain their blood!?” someone asked.

“Oh, lots of uses for human blood.” Aiden said, “Healers need it for transfusions, potions, growing certain herbs, feeding the leeches. Some warlords and ganglords like to mix it with wine and beer to drink from skulls, some nobles keep pets and plants eat/drink it. Then you’ve got the type that fancy their vampires of myth. Heard there’s a quiet market for that in ‘Als land.” She finished with a wink, then met Miaden’s eye. She deliberately hadn’t said what both women were scared of.

“Come on, we need to keep moving. We’ll get some priests to give them Rites after our mission is complete.” Miaden said, hurrying the soldiers to the door opposite where they had entered. With one last look over her shoulder, she began to follow, then froze, and looked back. One of the corpses was looking at her. A moment of paralysing terror and horror kept her from moving or shouting, at least, until the corpse stood of from its mound. As did two more.

“Inferi!” she screamed, her rifle sending bullets ripping through the firsts head. “OUT OF THE ROOM!”

As she ran backwards, part of her mind was running through the checklist: despite its head being destroyed, the corpse was still standing, so it wasn’t an Undead. That left a Puppet or Possessed. If it was a Puppet, destroying the sensory organs and limbs should stop it chasing them. If it was Possessed, then all Huntress had a small kit with a small, hard biscuit and a vial of holy water, which could be used as a substituted for Last Rites.

As it turns out, she was only slightly faster than the Dead, one of which scratched her arm. However, she reached the door and her soldiers had started to close it before the corpses could come through. At least almost, as one wiggled through near the top, launching itself at a Huntress named Oonear, sinking its teeth into the bridge of her nose and clipping a millimetre or two of flesh from its tip before Luria dragged it off and hacked it’s limbs of with a hatchet, then threw the snapping head down the hall.

“She’ll be ok,” Liala, the medic, said a she looked Ooner over, “except for some mental trauma. She shouldn’t fight like this.”

“Well we can’t leave her alone, and we can’t spare anyone to leave with her.” Miaden said, pointing down the hall, the opposite to the way Lurai had thrown the head. “I think the Apostates are that way, so-”

“No way, hold on.” Anyais said, waving her hands. “Apostates are one thing, but we’ve dealing with mages! Necromancers! Maleficar! We need to get out of here and get reinforcements.”

“No time.” Miaden responded, shaking her head “The mages must know were here, so if we leave they’ll be gone by time we get back.”

“Much as I hate runnin’ into things like this, Miaden is right.” Aiden said, stepping forward. “We leave, then so will the mages, then we’ll neva find em.”

“Right, so move out.”

As the others began down the hall, Aiden touched Miadens arm and leaned close to her. “You certain about this? If “happened” to stumble on an exit, no-one could blame us for trying to get help before going back in. You saw those corpses-Blood Magic.”

“Yes.” Miaden whispered back. “For all that blood they’ve taken, every mage and Thaumaturgist on the planet would know they were here if there was more than a handful. Beside, I’ve fought Blood mages, and this feels... different.”

“Ok. But if you get us killed, I’m going to kick your soul-ass.”

The next few minutes were uneventful. They didn’t see a single living thing, or mobile dead thing. The awful feeling was growing, however, guiding them towards whatever was waiting.

“Ok, hold up.” Miaden said, stopping the group in front of a non-descript door. “It’s through here. Weapons check. Ready? On three. One... two... THREE!”

There was a brief moment of frantic activity, the Huntress shouting and waving their rifles across the walls and floor, then silence.

“Barbatoses Holy Ascot!” someone gasped (or something very close). The rest could only stare in silence. There were only a few bodies, but those were possibly the worse.

“Well,” Aiden said in a weak voice amid a chorus of gags and vomiting. “I like the decoration, but I don’t think liver and brain go with black velvet.”

“It looks like... they exploded.” Maraise said, staring at the remains of what looked to be a man. Or three, plus a cat. “And they were the lucky ones.”

Further scrutiny was cut off at that point as running footsteps began down the hall behind them. It didn’t take much thought to realize what the stamped of feet was caused by.

“This way!” Miaden shouted, herding people towards a nearby door. Behind the door came a short hallway, door at the end that seemed to have a sliver of like around it. “Quickly!”

Miaden waited for the others to be most of the way down the corridor, watching the far door, then closed this door and bolted it. It wouldn’t slow the Dead by much, but they might not follow them outside. She almost made it to the far door, when a crudely-boarded over door partway down the hall smashed open, allow a corpse the appear just behind her, grabbing at her flackvest.

“Miaden!” Aiden screamed from the exit, starting to run back in.

“Get out!” Miaden shouted, her knife stabbing through the corpses elbow before her rifle blasted both knees off. At that moment, the door to the room with the mages remains opened, allowing more Dead to rush into the narrow corridor. “GO!” Miaden turned and shouted at Aiden, feeling a flash of relief as Aiden ran out. When she turned back, however, a corpse was already grabbing for her. She felt the searing pain as its fingers punctured her arm just below the elbow, the other hand slipping through the seam of her vest. Then she screamed as it bit into her bicep.

Darksaber1
Mar 22, 2011, 05:50 PM
That is fine as long as you clear the plan with me.

If I have to rename the city to "Raccoon City," and all that is left is a big hulking flaming wasteland, there will be some answering to be done.

I don't want to set Hubbard on fire... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDeBSbAeLKU)

Kentharu
Mar 22, 2011, 06:30 PM
House Kilgore will volunteer a portion of its forces on Hubbard to aid in the destruction of the Symbiote.

ooc: Seon, contact me and tell me how much you need, I'll tell you how much of that I can give.

Terrance888
Mar 22, 2011, 07:33 PM
We wonder of the effectiveness of the newly minted NBC forces in Symbiot attacks, and are willing to send armour samples to Stigmata to be tested. They can be added on the outside of normal armor and returned after battle to notice the time it took to destroy.

Also, we note that Aries Medium Tanks have served well against the symbiot in the distant past, and can be re-utilized in the present.

Immaculate
Mar 22, 2011, 08:07 PM
A very important OOC note for Immaculate:

We no longer have the Authority interfering in our trade and we can trade freely without them receiving a cut in every deal. Therefore fiefs on E2 ought to receive a pretty hefty income boost?

trade is only starting to re-establish itself. Once you've redeveloped the trade networks you'll get a bigger cut of the profits yes.

Also, what happened to the Orthodox fiefdom immediately to the south of my fiefdom on Errovus Secondus?

overrun by warlords- written off as not worth consolidating by the Orthodoxy.

Terrance888
Mar 22, 2011, 08:09 PM
Story List (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10081891&postcount=604) is updated to Page 80! Wow it takes a long time. Look at all those stories. Read all about it!

Toteone
Mar 22, 2011, 08:40 PM
Regarding the Western Authority Immac sent me an answer on that but I didn't get it in my Email, but I know it's not under the legal control of the Guilds, for some reason. Maybe the Church.

Regarding the lost infantry units, we believe that they have been risked where they shouldn't have been sent, proven they are ineffective, and should be kept to garrison duty.

That much is obvious (or rather what's obvious is that the whole offensive should not have been launched) but Naprous chooses to focus on repairing the situation rather than blaming for mistakes (the first Hive was a cripple, I don't know why the second one was attacked immediately thereafter). However, parceling blame around does not revive dead infantry units. There is virtually no unarmored garrison anymore.

But that is the purpose of the Garrison Commander, to be in ultimate control of the Garrison. The Garrison already has generals in charge of various locations and forces who are doing exactly what you propose.

I feel that adding another commander to the mix would create two garrison commanders essentially. Two seperate people using the same pool of resources to accomplish different ends. Why add this confusion and potential for conflicting orders to the troops?

Because the war is being lost (if the Imperial Offices do not appear to be containing the threats it is natural that planetary forces will begin to attempt to organize). But fine, Naprous shall not bother the Imperial Community on common issues anymore. Even to advice such things as taking control of massive nuclear ICBM networks. And contrary to some popular opinion Duscha was not in control of the networks at the start of the year.
When the Symbiots make huge strides towards humanity, forcing the remaining Imperial entities to band together under the Imperial Offices for centralized leadership, we shall be there to say we told the Imperial Community.

Who will pay for the flood-gate maintenance and, Immac, what are the costs of this? And Tsedeq, this is a highly complicated process requiring centralised and careful management.

Ultimately, it may not highly destructive for E2's economy for all the money earnt from the southern Authority fief to be exported for the defence against the Symbiots. Remember that the Authority was not making a huge profit and only just keeping financially afloat when put under strain. I theorise that the profits from the southern continent may all be needed to upkeep the dykes and levees.

This reminds us of when Texier made it a core part of its platform to rob Naprous of its costly, no-profit urban salvation mission through a pack of jealous lies and Church misinformation (still heavily in the red on that project, but the area and loyal serfs are mine). Honestly, whoever owns the Western Continent now, probably the Church, has invested money in saving it from Duscha Sehryi. Charity should not make you a target of expropriation. Please leave your neighbors alone.

Adrogans
Mar 22, 2011, 09:05 PM
Because the war is being lost (if the Imperial Offices do not appear to be containing the threats it is natural that planetary forces will begin to attempt to organize). But fine, Naprous shall not bother the Imperial Community on common issues anymore. Even to advice such things as taking control of massive nuclear ICBM networks. And contrary to some popular opinion Duscha was not in control of the networks at the start of the year.
When the Symbiots make huge strides towards humanity, forcing the remaining Imperial entities to band together under the Imperial Offices for centralized leadership, we shall be there to say we told the Imperial Community.

This is why we propose the Garrison and Fleet take over the southern continent on E2 to expand their holdings. This will gain them both more serfs to build their forces and income. This is also why many of the houses volunteer to aid these organizations who are specifically there to fight these threats.

Toteone
Mar 22, 2011, 09:21 PM
House Query makes good points. Very well, we bow to your wisdom then.
(We think their suggestion should be acted upon.)

Toteone
Mar 22, 2011, 09:41 PM
House Naprous is selling Klorin the reclamation rights for its scepter to be paid 1 year from now to the tune of seventeen million firebirds only.
~ Rhodes Bertrand Naprous

thomas.berubeg
Mar 22, 2011, 09:42 PM
House Naprous is selling Klorin the reclamation rights for its scepter to be paid 1 year from now to the tune of seventeen million firebirds only.
~ Rhodes Bertrand Naprous

To clarify, this means that House Klorin has full rights on the lost Naprous Scepter, both to claim it from whoever recovers it, and to bond on of our Nobles with it.

Immaculate
Mar 23, 2011, 07:07 AM
Neither the church nor the guilds recognize 'reclamation rights'.

Toteone
Mar 23, 2011, 07:54 AM
Klorin is the owner of the missing scepter. It is Klorin's business, but in such situations the finder usually receives a moderate reward (if someone else found it before I sold these rights I would definitely reward them).
At the crux of the matter... House Naprous will support Klorin's rights 100%, up to wardeccing any offender. On the legal side our ownership was valid, it was taken away by force and the contract to sell it to Klorin is valid, we are simply not in possession of it.
Not recognizing our basic ownership of it is de facto and de jure approval of theft, assault and murder. With their moral high ground of burning girls for being a bit late to report wrongdoings the Church might not want to encourage assassinations, banditry and immoral oppertunism.
In short, I will knock on guild houses and church doors until they do recognize it and if Klorin house backs out on this deal or someone finds the scepter and does not give it to him for a reward or not depending on his own feelings then Naprous house will consider it an act of war.

It is good to reduce the number of freemen by providing them for them. It is questionable to scavenge the Western Authority continent when there is no owner (though it is true times are dire), but it is outright scandalous to aid and abet assassinations, warfare, banditry and piracy by acknowleding illegal transfers of property, especially property bound to the lives of people, noble people!

Or perhaps we should not recognize that Grimkill's scepter should go to the guilds? Is it first come, first serve? Is it a Darwinian battlefield, or do we live in a society?

House Naprous will insist on Klorin's ownership if it is reclaimed, at all cost. We will not be pushed around by pirates or unethical policies even when it costs us dearly as it has before.

Seon
Mar 23, 2011, 08:16 AM
(OOC: the above may not be a good idea...)

Toteone
Mar 23, 2011, 08:20 AM
OOC: Thanks, but I'm not going to let the NPCs push me around on this one (especially the Church), regardless of cost. If they're ethically upstanding/superior they better prove it.

Seon
Mar 23, 2011, 08:26 AM
OOC: Their proof of being ethically sound often comes in the type of burning everyone that they say is ethically unsound, such as the group of people who claim that the Church is ethically unsound.

LDiCesare
Mar 23, 2011, 09:07 AM
However, parceling blame around does not revive dead infantry units. (...)
And contrary to some popular opinion Duscha was not in control of the networks at the start of the year.
Arent' you blaming someone here? You weren't the only one to advise the Regency to take over the nukes...
I was saying that you counted the cost of lost infantry which was generally acknowledged to be mostly useless. It's not clear whether replacing it is necessary, therefore unclear whether the amount of lost money is needed.

Diamondeye
Mar 23, 2011, 09:10 AM
OOC: I honestly don't see the big deal in reclamation either. I mean, if anyone finds the sceptre, they are going to keep it for themselves. Those things are probably worth waging war for.

Toteone
Mar 23, 2011, 09:33 AM
Arent' you blaming someone here? You weren't the only one to advise the Regency to take over the nukes...
I was saying that you counted the cost of lost infantry which was generally acknowledged to be mostly useless. It's not clear whether replacing it is necessary, therefore unclear whether the amount of lost money is needed.

I was the first and the most insistent (though with some extra motives early on), but good point.
Anyway I'm ok with a little blame, I just don't think blaming anyone fighting symbiots should be reason for not funding them extravagently. But that's what we're doing so I guess that's moot. : )
I agree on the second as well, though I think the Garrison commander would probably be replacing it mostly in Grimson Legions to more than make up for the firepower which would be needed. Secondly unarmored infantry is not quite as useless within fortifications, though I too think they should not be bought back more than maybe fifty percent or so, but that's the Garrison Commander's domain.

OOC: I honestly don't see the big deal in reclamation either. I mean, if anyone finds the sceptre, they are going to keep it for themselves. Those things are probably worth waging war for.

OOC: I think they're more like valuable once you get more than 2, and I wouldn't wage a war to claim something, just defend it, but point, some people would. Regardless Klorin is a very legalistic house that prolly won't go back on this, so I want to back them up strongly which is only proper. I try to provide good service, as can be seen with the tech group running comms, making the first design, etc. (on that note we'll see if I received the 10mf overflow (if the Musters keep their words) once the stats are in).
Anyway since replies on this are all coming back OOC I don't want to get in the way of discussing Stigmata. This won't be an issue between the finder and the buyer of the reclamation rights and the supporting seller and can probably be solved with a moderate reward like I would've done if I'd hadn't and meanwhile I'll be making my lobbying rounds. On a seperate note it also has the effect of encouraging the buyer to search more vigorously and others to slacken efforts though it also encourages hiding it or selling it through a black market escrow. Finally, I think the Churches can definitely be convinced it is an immoral stance not to support such rights, even if it takes me a while. And in the long run I believe it would strengthen them.

Anyway I think this might be moot... Immac probably thought we meant anyone who slogged through a ton of Eevis would have to hand it over for free. This was more like a half sell. Whoever finds it would likely receive a moderately handsome ransom from Klorin.

thomas.berubeg
Mar 23, 2011, 10:35 AM
House Klorin would like to know why the Churches and the Guilds are opposed to the Legal Transfer of a scepter?

LDiCesare
Mar 23, 2011, 10:42 AM
Indeed. Sadly, events on Klorinheim destroyed the chance that Garrison had in developing magical troops that could teleport explosives directly into the hives. So we shall go for a consolation prize, although I would appreciate it if a magic-capable noble house can assist the garrison's magic development.
Would you care to elaborate? What in Klorinheim hindered what plan? Or do you mean Hubbard?

House Tsedeq could bring a pair of thaumaturg Charoum covens with access to air mana to Hubbard if the Garrison needs them. They are limited, but might help a tiny bit in a support role. We could also develop a new coven with access to body magic that could help regeneration and recuperation facilities in addition to air or enchantment magic (the latter might provide some kind of automation on otherwise inanimate objects although I'm unsure how effective that could be), but that would take 2 years and some funding (1 year to develop the project, another to build them).

Toteone
Mar 23, 2011, 10:45 AM
OOC: Anyways Immac, we think maybe you thought we expected someone would just slog through several thousand Eevis then hand it over for nothing? We both expect it's more like half a buy. I mean if anyone finds it after killing a lot of Eevi... I've talked to Thomas and Klorin has the same view on rewards as we do. It'd be more like the second half of a buy.

Seon
Mar 23, 2011, 10:53 AM
Would you care to elaborate? What in Klorinheim hindered what plan? Or do you mean Hubbard?

House Tsedeq could bring a pair of thaumaturg Charoum covens with access to air mana to Hubbard if the Garrison needs them. They are limited, but might help a tiny bit in a support role. We could also develop a new coven with access to body magic that could help regeneration and recuperation facilities in addition to air or enchantment magic (the latter might provide some kind of automation on otherwise inanimate objects although I'm unsure how effective that could be), but that would take 2 years and some funding (1 year to develop the project, another to build them).

Brother Cabil had agreed to, with Garrison funding, teach dimensional magic to the Barrack instructors at Hubbard facility. Unfortunately due to a small problem, a coup, he regretfully oformed us that he could not do so.

If you are willing develop dimensional magic for the Garrison, the purpose of which is to teleport thermonuclear device into a symbiot hive without risking soldier's lives, that would be much appreciated.

As for the other suggestion, we have contracted the Koriate house to hire medics trained in the art of spirit and life magic.

thomas.berubeg
Mar 23, 2011, 10:54 AM
Brother Cabil is still willing to Teach the Garrison this turn.

LDiCesare
Mar 23, 2011, 10:56 AM
House Klorin would like to know why the Churches and the Guilds are opposed to the Legal Transfer of a scepter?

First, Spoils of War is a legal way of getting rights. So anyone who defeats the scepter's thieves has legally a right to keep all that they took as spoils of war.
If house Naprous (or Klorin) wants it back, they should pay the retrievers for it.
Second, any house attacking the people or nobles of a house under an interdict could do so without endangering their souls or drawing the displeasure of the Church, so the Church certainly doesn't care what house Klorin may do right now since they are under an interdict.

Immaculate
Mar 23, 2011, 12:11 PM
Not recognizing our basic ownership of it is de facto and de jure approval of theft, assault and murder. With their moral high ground of burning girls for being a bit late to report wrongdoings the Church might not want to encourage assassinations, banditry and immoral oppertunism.

It is good to reduce the number of freemen by providing them for them. It is questionable to scavenge the Western Authority continent when there is no owner (though it is true times are dire), but it is outright scandalous to aid and abet assassinations, warfare, banditry and piracy by acknowleding illegal transfers of property, especially property bound to the lives of people, noble people!

Or perhaps we should not recognize that Grimkill's scepter should go to the guilds? Is it first come, first serve? Is it a Darwinian battlefield, or do we live in a society

The guilds make no claim to Grimkill's scepter; they would love to be able to do so but are afraid any claim they make is laughable and unrealistic. IF the church has the scepter, there is NO way they will give it up for such high-minded moralities.

Remember, the philosophy of the age is akin to our European 800-1200s. Right of conquest is pretty much universally recognized and force is the final arbitrator in most disputes. The reason the church is right in many issues is because its got the flame guns and popular support. Nobles rule through fear or power; serfs know no other option and don't question it.

Plenty flows from power which provides plenty.

As for laws; there are precious few. 1) don't piss off the church. 2) don't get caught.

Also: a scepter is an EXTREMELY valuable item as it allows two things otherwise not possible:
1) instantaneous communication across worlds: this is faction changing ability and is currently not duplicatable by other means.
2) voting for regency. controlling 4 votes is way better than controlling 1 or 2 and may secure an imperial position with all the power, perks and potential for corruption that entails.

EDIT: I am not sure that the church is supposed to come off as being terribly benign; they are protective of your soul but they don't give out candy and foot-rubs or anything.

Toteone
Mar 23, 2011, 12:25 PM
Humanity is doomed ;P... yer awesome Immac, but then I always had a thing for old-school D&D GMS and dystopias. The Church is worse than IRL tho at that time, it ferociously debated and eventually condemned the crusades just two hundred years after they began (though the northern Crusades and the Reconquista were still under way).
Anyway it's ok, turns out we had some misunderstandings I'd love to rant about since I felt I was very nice (not asking them to pay for nothing oc (that would be horrible service). Was actually letting Klorin off the hook of 17mf for what turned out to be worth little to nothing, but that wasn't appreciated), but let's just move on.

Free for all scepter hunt!

thomas.berubeg
Mar 23, 2011, 02:07 PM
Do we know whether the evvis have started bonding one of thier own?

Immaculate
Mar 23, 2011, 02:10 PM
Do we know whether the evvis have started bonding one of thier own?

No. Only that they still exist.

Adrogans
Mar 23, 2011, 02:11 PM
*cough* Me want *cough* :p

Ekolite
Mar 23, 2011, 04:02 PM
Could the Evvis bond to one? And if so, do they get to vote in elections? :lol:

spryllino
Mar 23, 2011, 04:05 PM
To the Orthodoxy
From House Texier

We intend to assert ownership over your abandoned fiefdom to our south, and we would like confirmation if possible that this fief is indeed abandoned and no longer counted as Church property.

To the Fleet and Garrison
From House Texier

Once we have asserted control over this former Orthodoxy fiefdom, it is our intention if you wish this that we should push forward into your lands and bring them back under your possession. Would you like us to do this?

To the Regent
From House Texier

If you do try to secure diplomatic relations with the Evvis, remember that we are the best diplomats of all and so you are free to come to our fiefdom and borrow a team of diplomats for the purpose if you see fit.

To House Klorin and the buyer of the Klorin fief on Errovus Secondus
From House Texier

We will not outbid the current bid of 16MF for your fief on Errovus Secondus, but we would like to know from one of you by private channels, if possible, who the new owner of this fief is, because as they will necessarily be hard pressed in military terms we may be able to help them or otherwise do business with them.

Adrogans
Mar 23, 2011, 04:10 PM

OOC:
hahahaha :p

Ekolite
Mar 23, 2011, 04:21 PM
The Royal Cabinet is temporarily closed for observation. It will be re-opened in due course.

Immaculate
Mar 23, 2011, 04:25 PM

Yes an yes. Votes are secret after all. it will also allow private direct communication.

Immaculate
Mar 23, 2011, 04:37 PM
To the Orthodoxy
From House Texier

We intend to assert ownership over your abandoned fiefdom to our south, and we would like confirmation if possible that this fief is indeed abandoned and no longer counted as Church property.

We had thought to perhaps rebuild it after taking it back from the local warlords. if you are willing to put the effort and money into recovering these lands we would ask that you allow us to continue to administer to any churches or church religious edifices (though not temporal ones) and that you consider them sovereign church territory. In exchange we will recognize your rule over these lands.

Deal?

Adrogans
Mar 23, 2011, 05:22 PM
To All Discussing the contact with Eevis:

Personally I feel we should simply kill them all with the Pancreator's purifying fire.

Lady Alex, Black Clan, Sceptre Holder, The Query

spryllino
Mar 23, 2011, 05:27 PM
The Royal Cabinet is temporarily closed for observation. It will be re-opened in due course.

Why?

We had thought to perhaps rebuild it after taking it back from the local warlords. if you are willing to put the effort and money into recovering these lands we would ask that you allow us to continue to administer to any churches or church religious edifices (though not temporal ones) and that you consider them sovereign church territory. In exchange we will recognize your rule over these lands.

Deal?

Deal with the sole proviso that the Churches do not shield people from prosecution in the Texier courts any more than may be their right anywhere elsewhere in Texier territory.

Is that agreeable to you?

Immaculate
Mar 23, 2011, 05:33 PM
The ultimate judicial authority in all territories, regardless of if it be Texier or Orthodoxy fiefdom is ultimately the Pancreator and by extension his church. As long as you remember that, then yes, deal.

spryllino
Mar 23, 2011, 05:35 PM
The ultimate judicial authority in all territories, regardless of if it be Texier or Orthodoxy fiefdom is ultimately the Pancreator and by extension his church. As long as you remember that, then yes, deal.

Of course. Deal.

OOC: what are all the black dots on the E2 map?

Immaculate
Mar 23, 2011, 05:43 PM
me mucking up photoshop :(

hbar
Mar 23, 2011, 05:51 PM
To All Discussing the contact with Eevis:

Personally I feel we should simply kill them all with the Pancreator's purifying fire.

Lady Alex, Black Clan, Sceptre Holder, The Query

Agreed. Those who opened the wounds of Stigmata should never be forgiven.

Belgit'Al, Matriarch of the Sanctious'Als

spryllino
Mar 23, 2011, 06:11 PM
OOC: Immac, what is the cost each year of upkeeping the E2 dykes and levees that the Authority previously dealt with?

Did the Authority actually have any actual responsibilities apart from that?

Adrogans
Mar 23, 2011, 06:40 PM
I think he hasn't determined due to stat overhaul

Immaculate
Mar 23, 2011, 08:50 PM
OOC: Immac, what is the cost each year of upkeeping the E2 dykes and levees that the Authority previously dealt with?

Did the Authority actually have any actual responsibilities apart from that?

all dykes/levies everywhere: its like 20+ MF/turn but i never really thought about it- it was more story then economics

they didn't have responsibilities. But they had business- they were controlling most of the trade coming into and out of E2. also they were selling purified water and food and distributing it a lot too. so they were in the carry trade too.

Toteone
Mar 24, 2011, 12:41 AM
To House Klorin and the buyer of the Klorin fief on Errovus Secondus
From House Texier

We will not outbid the current bid of 16MF for your fief on Errovus Secondus, but we would like to know from one of you by private channels, if possible, who the new owner of this fief is, because as they will necessarily be hard pressed in military terms we may be able to help them or otherwise do business with them.

That's fine, someone I know outbid me as well. Klorin wouldn't let me outbid the other again because the deal was sealed before it got back to us. After this happened Naprous let Klorin off the sealed 17mf deal (after dropping the 1mf they owed us), and then was blamed... perhaps it would have been better to stick with the letter of the law and get 17 for nothing, but that didn't feel right.

On issues of present import, you're irradiated by the big cloud, don't you need help yourself? I might be able to loan a rad-division your way if you don't want to pay for the design. (It'd be more but I just repaid a loan this round.) I am totally underfunded this round so I might not be able to do it though.

Yes they would since its anonymous. Btw all, I still consider it mine, but whomever finds it for me can expect a hefty reward (prolly around 30mf or 20mf + one of either exports or imports). I'd prolly not bother to war for it though as I don't consider scepters that important in comparison to money, guns and technology, but I'd definitely take some sort of action economically and through asymmetrical means.

Regarding sending troops to help people, by my count since NBC and Infantry III cost the same but count 10k and 6,5k men respectivel (thus making the unit 50% more expensive per man), and are the same except for extensive training and equipment would it be possible to upgrade them? I figure it'd be 3mf for upgrading 2 Inf III units to 3 NBC Infantry III units. (as it'd cost 1mf to upgrade per 6,7k soldiers)
Actually that's only one mathematical way of looking at it, 3NBC Infantry Divisions cost 6 and 2 Inf III upgraded to 2 NBC for 3 would be 7, so the upgrade would be the most mathetmatically correct at 2, but only if there wasn't a penalty, which is why if it's allowed at all I think it should be 3. Not that I wouldn't prefer the former, but it seems cheesy.

Northen Wolf
Mar 24, 2011, 03:03 AM

Big flaming wasteland is exactly had in mind. After trying to get some civilians out. Can't risk this crap spreading further. Ca

I would consider doing that if I didn't feel that it would set a bad precedent, and if the entire area had not been irradiated.
Only waters of E2 are irritated. There are still countless of people who are willing to pay taxes and you have forces there to expand your defense over freemen areas. They don't mind and MOST houses are doing it. It'd be stupid to leave out possible increase of income due to something as unimportant as "pollution".

Meanwhile, I am taking suggestions for a Garrison's own air unit to counter Symbiot aerial creatures and also for reconnaissance. The one with the best suggestion will receive a small prize.

I was thinking about that :P Helicopters! Many small guns some heavy explosives missiles. Hit-nd-run tactics. All choppas' shielded against outside air/soundwaves, to limit effectiveness of symbiot stun/mind-control.

Seon
Mar 24, 2011, 04:27 AM
Can rotor blades be worked to overcome symbiot acid barrage?

And small flaming wasteland is fine, as long as important Garrison facilities and some part of the city is saved. Limit collateral damage to minimum amounts.

Toteone
Mar 24, 2011, 04:33 AM
Only waters of E2 are irritated. There are still countless of people who are willing to pay taxes and you have forces there to expand your defense over freemen areas. They don't mind and MOST houses are doing it. It'd be stupid to leave out possible increase of income due to something as unimportant as "pollution".

All I can say is it's profitable in the long term to expand one's holdings into disaster zones or slums, but better profits can be found elsewhere unless you're looking to help out the people living there and/or shoeing in for strategic regional gains. Literally all my considerable rise in income come from 70% investment into my original area (turned out to be very nice), the whole removal of Authority control of the economy so far has only risen my income by 2 (I think), the other 13 is from my own investment, nothing from the new areas. The 30% investment into controlling the new areas has net nothing yet but some control over demand, lots of potential trouble, and long-term oppertunities. I'm starting investment now to buoy the economy with a free economic zone for my nobles + some investment on my own, but just consider this a bit of a warning these places are high-maintainance projects and only worth it if you want to control more of E2 and/or help people.

I was thinking about that :P Helicopters! Many small guns some heavy explosives missiles. Hit-nd-run tactics. All choppas' shielded against outside air/soundwaves, to limit effectiveness of symbiot stun/mind-control.

That sounds neat, what with helicopters being so effective with support fire and loiter time! Personally I prefer Jets though... how maneuverable are symbiots in air to air combat? Let's just say playing Gunship 2000 when I was 9 taught me helicopters are very vulnerable A2A. (I played with nose dive forward does not go into ground... but I learnt that a year or two later!! (Also that I wasn't supposed to go through Gulf War I in Iraq at 30,000 feet of altitude, fighting every single Infantry, Artillery and SAM site along the way ;P Though honestly flying at 200 feet, killing a couple patrol units (if you even bump into them) accomplishing your mission and going home is very boring... you don't get no silver star and standard issue purple heart (gosh did I go through a lot of those) for it either like limping home with half your instruments out, fuel leak, pilot wounded and your helicopter insisting on a chronic stuttering limp diagonally downwards does :D)

Immaculate
Mar 24, 2011, 06:22 AM
To be clear- the church doesn't control the north-western continent. The deal with spry's texier is for the overrun fiefdoms on the north-central continent (these things really need names...)

LDiCesare
Mar 24, 2011, 06:33 AM
Creative names for E2:
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2708/namede2.jpg
Edit: Removed ugly resizing.

Toteone
Mar 24, 2011, 06:55 AM
: ) kewl map (need better name for the West tho... Helvetia?). You might call my subcontinent Switzerland from now on.

Noble House Naprous has an announcement to make.
Naprous will from now on and evermore be a militant pacifist faction. We declare everlasting neutral peace with all factions except in the case of self defense or against those not recognized by the Empire. However we will remain well armed in case future ambitious capitalist yet partially altruistic projects are interfered with.
After short but intense consideration we have decided to welcome Killgore to E2. The past is past and we have seen no signs in the last few years that their aggression is aimed at Naprous house. However we will continue to support our friends Vanari, Quin, Bossheim, Remillard, Xicier, Thana and others with diplomatic and economic support should they ever come under attack, and in the exception of Vanari we will come to their aid militarily. We will be happy to help supply their two new fiefs with trade in needed imports of food and water for the minor commercial industrial products produced in the current Klorin fiefdom. We have no interest in Eastern lands, except for a small port we will carve out from freedlands to avoid maritime tariffs. We also remind Killgore that the Klorin units will not be available for security. We have purchased all of the Klorin units (which will be leaving by bomber plane the weeks or months before any transfer) but 2 Infantry III units which may leave with Klorin, but should probably be for sale from Klorin at 50% of cost (though these less trained units are at minor risk of possibly defection from the shock of an allegiance swap).
Edit: Actually nvm. Klorin House has decided to not sell one unit and Naprous out of ire will not bother to buy the rest. Klorin has broken it's words once again as its nobles have asked central command to reconsider due to a unique unit in the list we submitted they overviewed and approved and which was included in the cost of course. But this is fine because it is quid pro quo after all since House Naprous decided to let Klorin house off paying 17mf for reclamation rights, at which point Klorin house roundly accused Naprous house of completely breaking the agreement.

Regarding financial matters Naprous desires loans, there is a present credit crunch, so we are willing to borrow money at a return rate of 1 per 7.5mf lent per year. So f. exp. the lender would send 15mf and the borrower would pay bay 17 the next.
For those Houses with a high noblesse rating you can probably borrow from your nobles at 1 per 10 and make a profit this way.

Also, we are proud to announce that the new Naprous lands are a perpetual free economic zone. Any foreign entity is welcome to invest in these lands. Foreign stakes in the free economic zone will never be taxed and neither will the serfs living there! [B]0% Commercial and Industrial Tax, 0% Income Tax, FOREVER!
(My interest in this is improving their lives and the general economic climate and to see the repair of the useful but abandoned factories in the area and to control immigration, avoiding urban graveyards and seeing arable land remain unsettled.)

thomas.berubeg
Mar 24, 2011, 09:37 AM
Immaculate, can we have a lesson on the culture of the empire? Some Noble houses seem entirely too modern in their worldview?

hbar
Mar 24, 2011, 09:54 AM
Also, we are proud to announce that the new Naprous lands are a perpetual free economic zone. Any foreign entity is welcome to invest in these lands. Foreign stakes in the free economic zone will never be taxed and neither will the serfs living there! 0% Commercial and Industrial Tax, 0% Income Tax, FOREVER!
(My interest in this is improving their lives and the general economic climate and to see the repair of the useful but abandoned factories in the area and to control immigration, avoiding urban graveyards and seeing arable land remain unsettled.)

OOC: No tax income? Spending money to improve the lives of the serfs? Oh, your nobles are going to love that. Hope you have a good bodyguard.

Adrogans
Mar 24, 2011, 10:07 AM
Regarding financial matters Naprous desires loans, there is a present credit crunch, so we are willing to borrow money at a return rate of 1 per 7.5mf lent per year. So f. exp. the lender would send 15mf and the borrower would pay bay 17 the next.
For those Houses with a high noblesse rating you can probably borrow from your nobles at 1 per 10 and make a profit this way.

Also, we are proud to announce that the new Naprous lands are a perpetual free economic zone. Any foreign entity is welcome to invest in these lands. Foreign stakes in the free economic zone will never be taxed and neither will the serfs living there! 0% Commercial and Industrial Tax, 0% Income Tax, FOREVER!

I would like to submit to the community of E2 that House Naprous has gone insane. We will need to take corrective action to remove this infection of Republican thought.

Lord Guy, Fye Clan, The Query

OOC: I have a feeling this will be redacted.

spryllino
Mar 24, 2011, 10:08 AM
To House Naprous
From House Texier

If you lower the asking price by a further 1MF, we'll buy it, but you overestimate the threat posed by the cloud in our opinion. Besides, a few extra units of well-equipped soldiers (and radiation-proof ones at that) are not going to solve the problems posed by a huge radioactive cloud. Otherwise, we are not interested in buying your unit immediately.

Toteone
Mar 24, 2011, 10:12 AM
This again? The place is a wasteland. Direct income taxes go to the main house itself, the lesser houses will make their income in the region from repaired industries. No income tax on the nobles will simply make them more able to afford the goods produced in farms and factories.

Naprous is the house whose income is going up to 36 this round from 18 four rounds ago, despite spending 30% of its income on saving people and in fact the removal of the Authority has not helped much yet in terms of commercial dominance... the prosperity is self created.
But yes, some nobles in the main house may be upset about future profits and not just an improved economic environment even though we won't actually lose anything, because that place is, once again, an urban graveyard. So that's a good point and I think I will add a slight income tax.

Anyway, the regular round of Query insults against anything they deem not to be the correct understanding of things duly noted.

My nobles already agreed to it. I have talked with Immac. They're even investing all the money they have available immediately.

OOC: Just leave me alone instead of always piling on to whatever you think is not periodical. I'm not interested in any comments. Thank you.
Basically you guys are wailing your arms around complaining that no tax will piss your nobles off, no tax will piss your nobles off! Well, those taxes are on the nobles and go directly into my coffers! Why wouldn't they like free money!? The income taxes go directly to my coffers, it'll only enrich my nobles by the serfs having more to spend unless they're not even allowed to have money which might be true but basically, the ONLY ARGUMENT you have is what the nobles of my MAIN HOUSE would think!!
And ya know what??? I REALLY AM NOT MAKING ANY MONEY AT ALL from the new lands, so we wouldn't lose anything!

Terrance888
Mar 24, 2011, 10:12 AM
OOC: NBC infantry can survive nuclear envioments as well.

Nuclear
Biological
Chemical

Just use those.

Adrogans
Mar 24, 2011, 10:14 AM
This again? The place is a wasteland. Direct income taxes go to the main house itself, the lesser houses will make their income in the region from repaired industries. No income tax on the nobles will simply make them more able to afford the goods produced in farms and factories.

I am the house whose income is going up to 36 this round from 18 four rounds ago...
But yes, some nobles in the main house may be upset about future profits and not just an improved economic environment even though we won't actually lose anything, because that place is, once again, an urban graveyard.

The point is though you are using very modern economic concepts in a society which is not modern in thought at all. But hey have fun with that.

And ya know what I think your income went up because the main competition for your agriculture just got nuked and lost all command structure, but thats just me.

Toteone
Mar 24, 2011, 10:22 AM
----------

Toteone
Mar 24, 2011, 10:31 AM
------------

hbar
Mar 24, 2011, 10:38 AM
Whoa there, Toteone, calm down. I don't think anyone was trying to 'pile on', and I understand that you feel like you're constantly being persecuted, but that is only because you are floating ideas that are consistently away from the prevailing mindset. There's nothing wrong with that, but don't expect a lot of agreement from the other players, particularly IC.

Also, I'll apologize; I misunderstood what you free economic zone meant, I didn't realize your nobles would profit at your expense. I'm just a little touchy about the subject of rebellious nobles, considering how much I had to spend this turn crucifying a bunch of them.

That said, here's my IC response. And before you take this personally, please remember that our houses are kind of blood enemies...

IC: House Naprous is free to fritter away its wealth in whatever way they see fit. However, I would assume that they are still collecting the Church's tithe?

Adrogans
Mar 24, 2011, 10:43 AM
removed.

Toteone
Mar 24, 2011, 10:59 AM
----

will be super rich HBar didn't like economic info

hbar
Mar 24, 2011, 11:03 AM
Toteone, whether you are quitting or not, please please please stop posting privileged information in this thread. Secrets are what keeps the game interesting for the rest of us.

Toteone
Mar 24, 2011, 11:08 AM
---------------------

Adrogans
Mar 24, 2011, 11:13 AM
That's cool, I just had a feeling you needed to understand where I come from, I will now wipe that post.

Toteone
Mar 24, 2011, 11:30 AM
thnx : )

sorry

thomas.berubeg
Mar 24, 2011, 11:46 AM
yay for a page of dashes and removed posts.

Toteone
Mar 24, 2011, 12:23 PM
Guilty as charged. ;P

Seriously, I dig this game, but with my obsessive, easily offended personality (well ok, I totally had a major nasty fight with Klorin (not Thomas, he's awesome as always lol :)) the night before and it deflected partly but still wound me regarding this game up like all hells before another thing tonight and then this too (and school, lots of it))) I'd better give it up.

You're all really good roleplayers! Really. My historical views differ a bit (other than Naprous' backstory already being quite different), and I wish there'd be some more time taken to ask the GM why I did this and that, but seriously I can't expect people to go to that effort and should be more careful with publicizing such schemes that were edited from IC sensible to insensible to override the balancing game mechanics and I understand I can be difficult to play with.

I'm 'a ask a friend to replace me, but he's kinda comatose, the guy lives in Norway and doesn't really CFC so I guess someone random will take over.
I'll just send my notes to Immac so he can give it to whatever new player. Pleeeeease read the notes, there are two important deals, one of which I fought tooth and nail to get. Oh and Klorin owes you 1mf which is finally being paid (I forgot to add that to the notes). It doesn't matter what you spend it on but take it, it's really important and you will be murdered at night if you don't.
Sorry to bother with emotional outbursts, I really need to not have such a thin skin (actually the problem is more that I hyperfocus on stuff I like for short times until I burn out or get stressed, nature's been telling me to quit for a while...).

Heh, basically I liked this game too much. ^^

Immaculate
Mar 24, 2011, 01:02 PM
OKay, i am sad to see you go Toteone.

I'll make sure your replacement gets a copy of the notes you sent me.

Ekolite
Mar 24, 2011, 01:08 PM
Nooo toteone don't go! :(

Kentharu
Mar 24, 2011, 02:03 PM
Okay. Should I forward all diplo that was going to Naporous to you Immac?

Immaculate
Mar 24, 2011, 02:45 PM
sure.

hbar
Mar 25, 2011, 02:42 PM
“Is this the place?”

“Yup. Just like the gardener said. House Mubarak, apparently dissatisfied with our Lady’s rule. Jeez, Montag, is this a manor or a fortress?”

Guy looked up at the castle-like walls, narrow windows providing ample hiding places for snipers.

“Well, wood, stone, or steel, get it hot enough and anything burns.” Guy flipped the safety on his flame-gun. “You ready, Beatty?”

The commander nodded, then turned to the recruits. “Okay boys, here’s the drill. Guy and I will kick in the door and light up the welcome party. Stay far enough back from us so your diapers don’t melt. We clear, you hold, got it?”

As they charged the door, Guy’s blood warmed with the fuel on his back. This was what he had signed up for, not hunting outlaws in the desert, but good old close-quarters combat. He placed the charges on the manor’s hinges and counted to three. As the doors blew, he rounded the corner. He flipped on his microphone as a hail of small arms fire flew out the door.

“We are the right hand of the Sanctious’Als. This house has been judged and found treasonous. Lay down your weapons and find mercy.”

A slug whined as it ricocheted off Guy’s armor. He glanced at Beatty with a grin.

“I guess that’s a no.”

They raised their flame guns in a well practised motion, and in an instant the room was ablaze. The gunshots were quickly replace by screams and curses. The two burnt angels advanced into the foyer as the infantry approached to put out fires and secure the room.

-------------

The fighting had been sporadic up to this point, but the last few rooms held stiff resistance. Guy knew they were approaching the noble’s safe room, and the worst was yet to come. He checked around the next corner and motioned for Beatty to hold. Something wasn’t right. No booby traps, but...

Fwoom!

The sound of shoulder-fired rocket was unmistakable, even in the padded wealth of a noble’s mansion. Guy’s training kicked in and he hit his jets before his mind even registered the threat. Although he ricocheted painfully off the vaulted ceiling, the rocket missed its target and blew out the wall behind him. Without waiting for the dust to clear, Guy grabbed a thermobaric grenade off his belt.

“Oooh, you’re going to pay for that one.” He lobbed the grenade, darkened his visor, and charged the room. As the very air in the room turned to liquid fire, Guy smirked behind his helmet.

“Man, sometimes I just love this job.”

Immaculate
Mar 25, 2011, 03:10 PM
AWESOME! i think you really captured the unit type perfectly.

hbar
Mar 25, 2011, 03:12 PM
Two geek points for the first one to place the names...

Adrogans
Mar 25, 2011, 03:15 PM
Nevermind

hbar
Mar 25, 2011, 03:18 PM
No, you were right. I don't know why you redacted. Email tells all, you get the 2 geek points regardless.

Adrogans
Mar 25, 2011, 03:19 PM
Dang it. Stupid Email! I guess I'll just put up Farenheight 451 here then.

I really wasn't sure, it just tickled my brain and I slapped it up here. Been a long time since I read that book.

LDiCesare
Mar 25, 2011, 03:27 PM
Count Dooku had finally come back from his hunting party.
It had been a long time. His horse broke his leg, and he had had to kill the good beast. His men-at-arms had given him one of their own, but the horse that bore them both had started limping, and the whole party had been slowed down.
Dooku could have left his men there to go back on foot and been back alone to the mansion, but he had always been generous. Didn't the Omega Gospels insist on the values of charity and helping the poor?

Thus, Dooku had spent two weeks to simply come back home.
Initially, it had been a simple hunting trip. He had planned to be away for one week, conveniently when his mother-in-law was coming to visit the children. The countess hadn't been very happy about it, but she had reluctantly given him the permission. Dooku smiled. She would be angry like a devil from the symbiots' hell now.
Then, when five days had gone by, the horse had broken his leg. They were in the hills in the inner lands, far from anything. He hadn't brought any communicator or radio. The only one they had was at the mansion. Coming back on foot took much longer, and they now had to hunt not just for sports, but to eat. It was a new experience, and Dooku had enjoyed it, but he was glad it was finally over.

His wife was so excited when he came back. Was he hurt, why did he take so long?
She urged him to answer her questions and he laughed and said he would tell her everything. He thought he would be talking a lot this evening, before going to bed.
He didn't expect to be the one asking the most questions.
"What do you mean, symbiots on Hubbard?
-Yes, darling. Mother told me the news when she came two weeks ago. They say the monsters arrived on Hubbard, but noone knows how.
-Well, Hubbard has always been near Stigmata, so that was to be expected. We're safe on Clarke anyway.
-It's not certain, my love. You know the Regent learnt of other planets invaded by Symbiots, and there are jump gates that could lead to Arrakis, or E2. Maybe even Clarke?
-The Regent said that?
-No, he didn't say Clarke, but, you know, the Guilds. They are doing something on the moon. they might be preparing to explore a new world, and if symbiots are there...
-Calm down, my sweet. The Guilds aren't evvis. They are sane people. Greedy people, I'll agree with that, but sane. They wouldn't risk hurting their money-farms.
-Sane, sane. You know everyone thought Kawallen was sane. Truly, he was a mad monster.
-Well, he committed suicide, we're rid of that threat at least.
-Are you so sure? They trialled the Klorin house, you know. And found them guilty. They put an interdict on them."
Dooku coughed.
"You mean, the whole house?
-Well, yes, except here, on Clarke, they decided to renege their vows of fealty and declared independence.
-They wanted to avoid the reprisals. What did the Regency do about it?
-Nothing.
-What? You mean house Klorin is found guilty of being accomplice to a mass murderer, who directly caused the death of two sceptre-holders, and they didn't do anything?
-No.
-Anything else I need to know?
-Well... Errovus Secundus has mostly been nuked if I understood well. The Regent didn't drop troops to claim the nuclear weapons from that crazy Guilds girl and she mostly blew up the planet.
-Crazy guilds girl? Blewed up the planet?
-Yes. What did you say about guildsmen being sane, honey?"

Immaculate
Mar 25, 2011, 03:32 PM
funny stuff Ldi. very human.

Terrance888
Mar 25, 2011, 04:14 PM
Gordden van Gar: On the Ground

Rarely there was a dull moment… How true.

For months he was kept within the Citadel Compound, knowing of the outside world only from reports and glimpses from his window. Of course, being the commanding general in place of his Uncle Philippe was a source of pride for him, but the constant work caused by the plague and its aftermaths keep him forever busy.

Not today, however. There was a lull in the fighting as three warlord gangs in the north surrendered their various blocks and were consolidated. Closer to home, scavenging resources are beginning to be significantly supported, but still not replaced, by freshly made goods from various workshops. The food problem is becoming smaller, as factories that produce food (unimaginable!) are opening their gates and their advanced technology for the workers. As their outer walls are being reached, the battle for Vanari on Errovus Secondus was winding down…

…which is why he was riding desant on an Aries tank, his armoured glove holding on to a explosion-deflection gully and his other holding his machine-pistole. This was an excellent chance to breathe… well air that wasn’t re-filtered a few thousand times and to take a good look to confirm his reports. Near the citadel, chest-high walls made of rubble prevent gangs from easily sneaking through back into secure areas without alerting guards. He took good looks at the rebuilt buildings: They usually clear the central street and building first, establishing a strong outpost/workshop/community center. From the view high up, it made the rubble-filled landscape caused by last-years fighting retreat look like a series of connected towns rather than just blocks of a single city.

Further away, the central building is often the only habitable outpost while nearby ones are claimed by city nobles or serfs turned-freemen directly in service of Vanari and not by the way of a lord. The second ring was filled with makeshift cranes that carried off rubble and picked up fresh material to rebuild the various offices, workshops and tenement apartments. The plague was devastating, but it left the survivors an excellent chance to rebuild on a fresh plate. Rooms are bigger and some of the worse examples of buildings are being cleared for small scale farming until one of the Algae factories arrive.

However, on the outskirts of the cleared land even the central offices are often barely maintained. The walls are less than chest high, although festooned with barbed wire instead. There are no more human resistance in these areas, but the rubble resisted attempts to rebuild all the same.

Outside of the outer wall, more armoured men stood hiding behind it. The Aries tank waited outside of range as Van Gar got off the magnificent machine. This particular one, the Resiliant Faith, had been the one that held the gate of the Citadel itself from the One Handed Gang, and had welcomed Van Gar in those years ago. Although it had faced RPGs, machine guns, pistols and even surrounded by crowbars and sledge hammers, there was nary a mark on it. Its power was testament to its armour that drops scrapes upon polishing and its internal structure that held up the outside world.

As he watched, they charged over the gate and walls again, assaulting one of the depilated buildings. Coughs were heard as the ran through the holes in the wall. A gunshot sprouted out and one of man fell, wounded in the arm. As he ran closer he saw as they took out a machine gun post and ran to the central courtyard.

That was how far they got. There are no stairs on their side, and they were fired upon from every side. A few grenades were thrown and they ran back out, their number fewer by three or so.

It was the tanks’ turn. It rumbled towards the offending building. A single shot took out the third level and its obstinate machine guns. Men began waving flags with that shot, while others leaped to their doom to prevent capture and whatever fate they fear.

The inside was packed with bodies. It seemed that a large warlord gang once controlled an entire block or more, but was hit by a secondary wave of disease and retreated there. Many can still be saved however, and as the medics took them away, Van Gar looked back to the North.

He can finally see it.

The low mound that was once the outer walls… and something was beyond.

A dropshop few down again, landing on the top of a building as its troopers swarmed out. Cries of surprise ran out, only to be replaced by cries of pain. The men hadn’t surrendered when they had the chance as the troops down below assaulted the tower as well.

Killgore has arrived.

Adrogans
Mar 25, 2011, 04:35 PM
The Dream

Priest Colin of the Azure Clan walked down from his pulpit after finishing yet another service to the glory of the Pancreator. He proceeded through the crowd and gave blessings to those who asked, answered questions, and in general connected to his parishioners.

Finally the last of them had left and he went to his private quarters to change out of his formal vestments. He lovingly folded them and placed them in their protective case to prevent any damage to them from the very humid environment here in Irva. He slipped into the more casual garments he wore when simply tending to the paperwork of running his parish and sighed contentedly, because as much as he loved the formal vestments it was damn humid on Clarke!

He sat down at his rather simple desk and began to read through and respond to the various letters and notices coming from the desk of the bishop, or in one case a personal letter from his mother. Well I may love her he thought, but she can wait until the rest is done as the Pancreator does take a bit of precedence over her. Though with her tough personality she better not take too long in replying to her since knowing her she would die just so she could go give the Pancreator a piece of her mind about making a mother wait for a son to respond to her.

Colin found himself looking up at a pair of massive wooden doors covered with wrought iron designs and they seemed to move ever so slightly as if they had not yet been quite completed in design and the finishing touches were being added. Strangely, this did not disturb Colin in the least as he stepped forward and the doors swung wide to admit him into the cathedral. How did he know it was a Cathedral he wondered, yet it most certainly was once he stepped inside. The rows of seating were laid out in a pattern he had never before seen, yet once again it seemed right. He walked up towards the altar and saw that this too was not the simple ones he had always been used too. The carvings depicted some sort of scene, yet he could not place the names of those involved in it. He stepped up to the altar and realized this must have been just after a mass for he was still in his formal vestments. He walked all around the altar and took in the various decorations and their placements. They seemed rather random yet once more the fit perfectly. He continued to wander the empty cathedral, and as he did he saw many works of art and knew who had painted them, where they had come from, or even who would paint them. He explored all the side rooms and the upper and lower levels absorbing it like a grassy field which had missed rain for too long. He had no idea how long he had traversed the cathedral before he stepped outside and saw the surrounding landscape and etched it into his very soul. He felt a hand on his shoulder when he knew no one was with him and he turned to see who it was…

Priest Colin awoke with a start, the letter from his mother he had been reading was stuck to his cheek. He pulled it off gingerly to not damage the paper and set it aside. He had been dreaming, but he realized he recalled the whole dream in detail, except for the face to which the hand on his shoulder had belonged. He knew, without knowing how he knew, that even though he had never designed anything larger than a dog house before he could design this cathedral and that it must be built. He needed to speak to those who he knew, again not knowing why, would fund its construction.

He dressed quickly and checked the time; yes he could arrive right as they open up the gates to the Black Palace if he hurried. Ignoring the surprised servants as he hustled quickly from his church he ran out the doors and into the light rain of the early morning.

The Black Palace was impressive as ever it was, yet unlike before when he had simply been the interested tourist he had a purpose and simply walked through the open gates into the entry courtyard. Now though he did not know who he should speak with to gain the audience he needed. He did have faith however that whatever he did it was what he needed to do to get in to see her. He meandered the halls of offices and kept glancing at the name plates and position titles trying to find the one he knew he should speak with. He came upon what appeared to be a meeting hall and noticed that this one had a pair of very nasty looking guards in the black and red uniforms of Clan Black. He knew this was it, yet he also knew they would never let him in. He had no official business here after all. Colin stepped up to the guards and they began to look down at him when he felt a slight shove propelling him forward and he noticed the guards looked confused but then shook their heads, glanced at each other seemingly slightly embarrassed and then returned to their ever watchful silence. Somehow Colin was standing before the door to the room between the guards and they didn’t seem to be able to see him. He stood for a moment confused and then his vision began to swirl slightly.

He looked back at the door before him and noticed it was open slightly he began to push it open and for a moment it seemed the room was full of people, yet that couldn’t be right for clearly the room was devoid of all but one woman sitting and reading something that appeared official.

Priest Colin came in and bowed politely to Lady Alex, whom he noted seemed rather put off at him standing before her. She reached for a blade at her side and began drew it. She pointed the blood red sword and rested the tip against his neck.

“Explain.” She commanded.

He stood and surprised himself when he realized he was completely unconcerned with the blade poised to remove his throat. “Milady.” He tried to bow and she scratch he lightly with the blade, a trickle of blood began to run down his neck. “I had a vision.” Her eyebrows rose in surprise at this, she obviously hadn’t expected that as a response.

“Of what?” Priest Colin began to wonder if she could speak more than two words at a time.

“A massive cathedral we need to build.” And then he launched into telling her of the cathedral he had walked through and its layout, design, the many unique features, and where he finally got her to lower her blade is when he began describing the various artworks throughout the cathedral and its attached buildings. Finally he finished and she sheathed her sword and stared at him with a slight look of … Colin was unsure but was it amazement? Perhaps apprehension, though he supposed both could be there as this was a truly wondrous tale. He knew exactly what was about to happen though and why she had accepted the story as true.

“Come with me.” She walked out of the room and he followed a step behind as expected. The guards fell into step on either side of them as they headed to the private residence section of the Palace. Lady Alex led him silently through the grounds and without pausing anywhere until they came to a corner of the Black Palace that was right next to a magnificent garden and a truly impressive cliff top view of the ocean. In the middle of this enclosed patio was a painting that had obviously only recently been finished, yet it was exactly one of the ones he had described as adorning the walls of the cathedral.

“This is why I choose to believe you.” Stated Lady Alex. “So Priest …”

“Colin.” He supplied in answer to her pause.

“Colin.” She continued as if there had been no interruption. “Who provided this vision?”

And the answer came to him all of sudden as if he knew it all along, which he decided he had. “Saint Haster, Bringer of Prophecy and Clearer of Minds.”

Priest Colin thought he heard silent laughter of pleasure coming from right behind him.

Terrance888
Mar 25, 2011, 04:47 PM
Story List (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10081891&postcount=604) Upgraded to current times! From now on I will update it every NES update and Deadline without fanfare!

Please report missing stories or remind me of this stuff in the future! Thanks!

hbar
Mar 25, 2011, 04:52 PM
Charles, some of the links have extra characters at the beginning and don't work. These all start with "xn--http-fb7a". For example, the first in the list is Totone's "Unending Hatred".

Other than that, looks great. And I for one don't mind the fanfare, if anything it is nice to get reminded of the link.

Seon
Mar 25, 2011, 05:10 PM
Saint Haster?

Oh dear.

Adrogans
Mar 25, 2011, 05:11 PM
What? He's a Saint I checked!

And we all know Saints are good.

Immaculate
Mar 25, 2011, 05:12 PM
Yeah- keep posting when you update. For us lazy bass-tards.

Seon
I knows, bur I fear you may be slipping down the insanity slope :p

Immaculate
At least he's got you for company :P

Adrogans
Mar 25, 2011, 05:13 PM
Naw only good things to come I swears it.

Seon
Mar 25, 2011, 05:14 PM
Yeah.

Let's have a party for all us insane folks!

Northen Wolf
Mar 25, 2011, 05:19 PM
Is this supposed to be an inside joke or could you guys explain it to less bright people? Like to me?

hbar
Mar 25, 2011, 05:21 PM
Is this supposed to be an inside joke or could you guys explain it to less bright people? Like to me?

Read closely (http://fallfromheaven.wikia.com/wiki/Danalin). (From the Fall from Heaven wiki)

Northen Wolf
Mar 25, 2011, 05:26 PM
Read closely (http://fallfromheaven.wikia.com/wiki/Danalin). (From the Fall from Heaven wiki)

Oh I searched wiki for Hastur and found nothing. Now this makes more sense. Thanks !

@Immac
Any ETA on those stats?

Immaculate
Mar 25, 2011, 05:38 PM
@Immac
Any ETA on those stats?

Not till next week sometime. So sorry... just not progressing as nicely as i had hoped.

Diamondeye
Mar 25, 2011, 06:01 PM
I'll be away from wednesday next week and ten days forth (30th to 8th), by the way. I hope I can get in orders before or after.

Darksaber1
Mar 25, 2011, 06:50 PM
Oh I searched wiki for Hastur and found nothing. Now this makes more sense. Thanks !

@Immac
Any ETA on those stats?

Then there's always this Hastur (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hastur)(the insperation). He's only slightly better then the Local one.

Darksaber1
Mar 25, 2011, 07:30 PM
The Shepherd of Wolves
(The Empty Whole, Part 2)

The good Shepherd guards his Flock, for his Master, from the Wolves of the hills.
It was a very small room, with half of its area taken-up by the shelf that served as the desk. In fact, there was so little space that the occupant had been forced to cut a large rectangle from the floor under the desk, to have room for a bed in the extra space.

Fortunately, the inhabitant was not a large man, or particularly tall. Pastor Ainue Roojair was of average height and build for a health man of 32, with light brown hair and blue eyes, which often set him apart from the inhabitants of his parish-often a good thing he found.

As he slipped onto the stool that served as his office chair, he noticed the Notice: a beautifully piece of illuminated calligraphy, written of imported vellum, the notice was that his church’s worldly protection would now be provided by the House of Thana. Of course, in practice this declaration would matter about as much as the Notice from the Eikins his predecessor had received five years ago. The Nobles would come, make promises and a big show, then leave and only look back for takes and tithes, o if another should look to wards City 17.

Sighing, Roojair begain pulling papers from odd places and got to work, wishing he could pull-up the planks that covered his sunken bed below the desk, but knowing he had work to finish. It was actually his choice to work and live in such a small room; when he had first arrived 10 months ago, the parish-priests suit was rather large and comfortable. However, he promptly sold the decorations and furnishing, using the money to by a large number of bed-rolls and bunks to fill the rooms with, forming dormitories for the poor. That was something he consistently got in trouble with-, well, that and having letting the churches paint peel, and “misplacing” decorations and ornaments, and using the money for soup and bread, or buying the neighbouring tenements’ from the Slumlords, the slashing the rent to a tenth of the old price, inflated by the proximity to the only church for some distance. That the Slumlords paid a portion of said earning to the Archdeacon (rather than the church) was something no one mentioned.

As he worked at trying find ways to keep his superiors from collecting the missing tithes from him via his liver (literally, he feared; the head-Deacon was an extremely burly orc, who would probably have no trouble biting his liver out [and had in fact threatened to do so once, after some drink]), Roojair became aware of the sound of a disturbance coming from down the hall, and had just struggled out from under his papers when Baraik Sextonson, the chief verger and sexton, pulled the door open enough to poke his head around.

“Sir, there’s a woman to see you, a soldier, I think.”

“Who frome?” Roojair responded with a frown, exiting into the hall. “The Thanains? Them Above? The Eikens? Putcha’-MoobaraX, the Warlord Who can’t Spell His own Name?”

“Thanains, I think. More truly than most. Looks in a real bad state, too”

Roojair received the answer to his question about Baraik’s meaning before even answering. Upon entering the nave, the figure was plainly visible, thanks to the apparent wish shared by everyone in the room to keep a distance away. Rojair approved: you should never get near a strange soldier, especially not one of the class the woman appeared to be. As for the soldiers herself, he understood Baraik’s comment of being “more Thanain than most”. The vertically shorter than average, small lobed ears that were rather long horizontally; the odd sheen to her black hair and the odd, slightly bluish cast to her skin helped mark her heritage, even if she was considerably shorter than most of that kind. Roojair could also tell she was in a lot of pain, and was barely staying on her feet.

“G-greeting, Father,” the soldier said in a slightly weak, fathering voice, and started to give a bow, but gave a barely suppressed shriek as her left arm moved.

“Arj-Jiha Kevzha, Te-Serah.” Roojair said, prompting a start from the soldier (which prompted a small moan of pain).

“Arj-Jiha Kevzha Geh-Messerah.” The woman said, giving a similar, if rather more curt, nod.

“And what brings you to my church, Serah? Roojair said, stepping right up to the woman, placing his hand on her right upper-arm, surreptitiously letter her support her weight on him. He could see now the poor woman was barely standing.

“I, ah, have some...some important news for the-the Church and, umm...” she began and tailed off, blinking unsteadily for a moment for composing herself. “I have important news, and did not know who else to give it to.”

“Very well. I am parish-priest Ainue Roojair. You may come with me to my office. And Baraik, the ladies boot seems damaged, would you mind helping her keep her balance on the floor in here?”

The soldier gave a small nod of thanks as large man slipped over to let the woman lean against his chest, and spoke as they walked towards t hall leading to Baraiks rooms, which doubled as the ceremonial office. “Thank you, Father. I am lieutenant Maiden Merrill, of Andruil’s Huntresses’. I did not expect to meet someone out-here who speaks Tha-Incillian.”

“I was born near Azrael, and the church brought me here when I was 11. Here, sit down on that coach by the window. Now, remove you jacket and let me see your arm-Maker’s Breath, you should have gone to a healer!” Roojair wasn’t certain what to do for a moment. I looked like something had bitten a large chunk from her upper arm, as well as hideous rips and punctures on her lower arm, with matching wounds on the side of her ribs, were it seemed something had been grabbing at the straps for her armoured vest. Looking at the injuries, which were clearly becoming inflamed and infected, we knew that even if she had been to one of the local healers, she would still probably die. With that thought, we reached decision.

“Baraik, go and get the box from by room, you know which one.” As the man hurried from the room, Roojair looked back at Miaden. “I have something that can heal you, but you must keep its existence secret. Good?” seeing her nod, he continued. “It is a relic given to this church by a saint long ago, which we must keep secret from the uppers of the Church. They would take it and place it in a reliquary, where it can do no good, or use it only to heal the wealth and powerful, rather than healing to poor and suffering as intended. However, there is a price.

“I have received a letter asking me to investigate a church that has stopped communicating with the outside world. I will go, but it is a rather long tripe through dangerous areas. You are a soldier, a commando. By price is, you will accompany me as a bodyguard. Fair?”

Miaden didn’t respond for a minute. She knew she should get back, but on the other hand, everyone probably thought she was dead anyways. She didn’t ruely belive this priest would leve her to die, but her might not heal her fully, which given the wound on her arm, would probably end her carrier with the Huntress anyways.

“Alright. You have a deal. It can’t be as bad as my last mission.” She said with a gesture at her maimed arm.

“Very good. Let us begin.” Roojair said, taking a slightly glowing silver necklace from the box Baraik had brought back, and placed the locket around Miaden’s neck. “Now, just open the clasp. Don’t worry, unconsciousness is natural.”

But what was does the Good Shepherd do when encircled by wolves, and answering to wolves in Lords clothing?

thomas.berubeg
Mar 25, 2011, 08:32 PM
OOC:

Immac, Summoning magic is an integral part of FFH: how heretical does the church consider it? (I don't mean summoning demons, which would be pretty bad, but things like Djinn, or Fire elementals.)

I was just thinking that elementals, or djinn, may be rather useful fighting symbiots.

Terrance888
Mar 25, 2011, 08:48 PM
OOC:
I want a Titanium Elemental!
And you mean a Fire Reactional.

Adrogans
Mar 25, 2011, 09:05 PM
Depends they may view all summoning as heretical, though I doubt it.

Darksaber1
Mar 25, 2011, 09:06 PM
What about Chlorine Elementals?
Use a Phosphorus Elemental, and you might as well have a fire Elemental...

Seon
Mar 25, 2011, 09:07 PM
Yeah.

I bet they consider summoning angels heretical too, if only because angels probably have a radically different view of the Orthodoxy Church.

Makes me want to summon Basium.

Terrance888
Mar 25, 2011, 09:12 PM
What about Chlorine Elementals?

Uranium elementals can give symbiots tumors!
Unununtonium elementals last for half a trilisecond!
How about some diamond (carbon) elementals? Mate it with a fire reactional to get a bigger ball of fire! Hardest (?) Material known to mankind!
You can't say no to an Oxygen Elemental! Just throw in a cigarete and watch it go boom!
How about good'ol hydrogen elementals? It can deprive oxygen AND explode!

thomas.berubeg
Mar 25, 2011, 09:13 PM
Yeah.

I bet they consider summoning angels heretical too, if only because angels probably have a radically different view of the Orthodoxy Church.

Makes me want to summon Basium.

There is a word in the Angelic tongue for "love". Three, in fact. There are words for "mercy", for "compassion", for "tender kindness". The closest word to be used on this particular medium is carved upon his left forearm: "prudence." Like the word he just finished upon his chest, "justice", this is prayer in his native tongue written in blood and pain upon his now mortal flesh. "Holiness", across his cheeks. "Wrath", along his right forearm. "Judgment", his brow. "Courage", down his torso. Each a prayer to gods he turned his back on. Attributes of divine judgment he seeks to cultivate within his soul.
He was just finishing carving into the fingers of his right hand when two young men approached the lord, dwarfed by his stone-faced sergeants that led them. "What... what is he doing?"

"It is a prayer... with every pain, I beg for the strength to finish my task." He rose. He towered over even his own mammoth soldiers. The other man gulped. "But aren't you... aren't you a god? To whom do you pray, m'lord?"

Basium turned to face his men. "Why do you disturb me?"

"I am Lars Lort, lord Basium. We wish to join your cause, me an' Kobe here. A horde of Infernal beasts destroyed our hometown, we were the only two survivors."

"Then take you a sword--we march on the morn."

"Well, sir, if we may," said Kobe, "we two are more than mere sell-swords. See, we've a bit of magic between us, that's how we survived the assault, by hiding invisible like. But we were watching and we learned something. Wait an' we'll show you." Without waiting for prompting, the two young mages began their spells. Basium took a long, slow breath, the rune on his left arm throbbing.

It was the Sulfuric smell that first alerted Basium. All his muscles tensed at its arrival before he was able to recognize the presence of his enemy. Curiously, the Balor stood motionless in the middle of camp. "Isn't it great?" Lars exclaimed gleefully. "We watched how the Infernals gated in reinforcements, but we figured out how to put the ward of command around it ourselves. With us around, you can fight fire with fire!"

Basium leapt upon the Hell-beast, wrapping his bare fingers around its neck. Smoke began immediately to hiss from the demon's skin, and in moments flames began to lick at Basium's fingers. On each of the fallen angel's fingers was carved one of the five angelic names for the Most Holy One. The Balor writhed in pain, breaking free of the Lorts' simple command warding in the process. He whipped at Basium with his tail, raked his back with his claws, bellowed with an unearthly roar, all to no avail—the Mercurian was unshakeable. Eventually the demon was reduced to an almost pitiful writhing and moaning until all that was left was a hellish smell and hissing puddles of black blood.

Basium rose, and stalked towards the two mages. "You call forth a Balor in my own camp? Let me show you what I do with fire--I extinguish it!" Basium roared. Lars felt his brother's warm blood splatter on his face before he even noticed that Basium had drawn his war hammer. He never noticed the second swing.

Basium walked back to his mat by the fire-pit. He picked up his ceremonial dagger, and began to trace the W on his arm.

we'd have NO problems with Symbiots, with him in charge.

Diamondeye
Mar 26, 2011, 03:56 AM
we'd have NO problems with Symbiots, with him in charge.

Or with heretics. Or undevoted people. Or scientists.

Ekolite
Mar 26, 2011, 04:55 AM
No one is to try to summon Basium.

Your Regent :p

Immaculate
Mar 26, 2011, 10:43 AM
This is all OOC.

The last time there were summons was during the wars between the church and symbiots and only the church (eskatonics usually) ever summoned anything. You can design summon units but existing units are not trained to summon or control anything.

Diamondeye
Mar 26, 2011, 11:18 AM
OOC: Symbiote Basium. Just thinking out loud :lol:

Seon
Mar 26, 2011, 12:56 PM
Or with heretics. Or undevoted people. Or scientists.

I don't think Basium has problems with scientists, as long as they make more stuph that he can use to kill demon-worshippers and demons with.

Edit: Actually that reminds me of a certain organization we have right now in this game :p

Terrance888
Mar 26, 2011, 01:13 PM
I guess Basium would like a giant flame gun, or one that shoots mini-nukes.

thomas.berubeg
Mar 26, 2011, 03:26 PM

Why do i have this image of Basium as a Giant Robot? Shouting things like``Better Dead than Red!`` or.

Darksaber1
Mar 26, 2011, 04:05 PM

Give him the Exerimental MIRV, but set it ON FIRE! FLAMING MINI-NUKES!! And Eye Beams!!!

Clearly Communists are Symbiont Simpithisers!

Adrogans
Mar 26, 2011, 07:41 PM
Symbiotes are Commies!

Terrance888
Mar 26, 2011, 07:54 PM
Well duh, they share everything, they wish for galactic revolution, and everyone is in the thought police.

Darksaber1
Mar 26, 2011, 09:38 PM
Well duh, they share everything, they wish for galactic revolution, and everyone is in the thought police.

My thought exactly!

Northen Wolf
Mar 27, 2011, 03:21 AM
They probably have secret agents among us.

hbar
Mar 30, 2011, 12:09 PM
They probably have secret agents among us.
OOC:
That does bring up a good question. Immac, do the symbiots display high-level intelligence? So far they have shown only aggression and assimilation; is there evidence to assume they are capable of subterfuge? Communication? Empathy?

Seon
Mar 30, 2011, 12:16 PM
OOC:
That does bring up a good question. Immac, do the symbiots display high-level intelligence? So far they have shown only aggression and assimilation; is there evidence to assume they are capable of subterfuge? Communication? Empathy?

They do, actually. Or at least, they did.

I suspect that Hubbard infestation did not occur by chance, but by a clever time-bomb planted by the Symbiotes when they infested the Orbital Station. Some of them snuck into the fuel tanks stored inside the orbital station, where they knew we would be unable to search them and use flamer guns on them. There, they waited.

The fuels in question were used to fuel the former Garrison Leader Tenith's ship. When the ship crossed the jump gate, the symbiotes lost their connection with the rest of the Hive, and reverted to their bestial intelligence. They escaped their fuel tanks, causing several breaches in Tenith's ship, which was forced to land on Wendigo.

thomas.berubeg
Mar 30, 2011, 12:20 PM
OOC: Though that would be interesting to know, it would ultimately be Irrelevant, as the symbiots have shown no sign of wanting anything but mindless agression (they just attacked when they were discovered... They also, from what we've seen, not been all that much into technological development or even simple discovery: For all the years that stigmata has been accessed, and the Hive Mind knew about us, they have not discovered another gate address to our planets, even though we know some exist: Bradbury. (though that may just be that we have been inordinately lucky.) Even then, even if we could communicate, there's no way we'de be allowed... look at the response to possibly communicating with the elves, which are not nearly as worse.

Immaculate
Mar 30, 2011, 12:40 PM
The cartophyrax teach of the symbiots infiltrating command and control centers selectively during the first great symbiot wars.

Northen Wolf
Mar 30, 2011, 12:51 PM
The cartophyrax teach of the symbiots infiltrating command and control centers selectively during the first great symbiot wars.

Do tell.

Immaculate
Mar 30, 2011, 01:17 PM
Do tell.

oh kay

HISTORY

http://www.igorstshirts.com/blog/conceptships/2009/jbach/jbach_02.jpg

Symbiots

Even as the world was united by new leadership, an ship of elves, descendants of the long-ago White Mist nation found a new jumpgate and in its readiness to discover new worlds and new resources, breached the barrier to the worlds that for so long had housed the Symbiot menace.

Once, long ago the Symbiots had pursued the aquatic cephalopod race that our star-travel had come from to our world. And now the ancient evil had been awakened anew. The elves and their fleet was overrun- only a few ships managed to flee before their wrath. World after world fell to these fell creatures and their biological-based weaponry and technology. The guns and missiles, lasers and fusion weapons of the Grand Republic could not stand before them and as the Symbiots advanced, they parasitized and converted human, gnome, orc and elf alike, turning them into their fanatic soldiers. When their giant bee-ships first arrived at Errevus Secondus we thought that we would be forever destroyed, our bones to snapped and chewed, our minds defiled and claimed. The enemy was intelligent, striking quickly and silently at our missile siloes, our command and control computers, our refineries and factories. Through a long war of attrition where many of the enemy fell only to be replaced by our own parasitized soldiers we were reduced to fighting with primatives weapons; even ballistae and catapult were called upon. Certainly we would be overrun.

Northen Wolf
Mar 30, 2011, 01:46 PM
Oh, I thought that was just attacking field outposts. Not infiltration.

Seon, You know what that means?

Also, Tenith Helped symbiots to gain control of space station. She was not the leader of garrison - t'was Garrik.

Seon
Mar 30, 2011, 01:57 PM
Seon, You know what that means?

...Fire?

thomas.berubeg
Mar 30, 2011, 02:06 PM
Lots of it. LOTS OF IT. a BURNING INFERNO in the NAME OF THE PANCREATOR, and WIELDED BY SAINT BHALL AND THE SERVANTS OF THE HOLY FLAME, devoted to purging evil from the domain of the pancreator.

thomas.berubeg
Mar 30, 2011, 02:08 PM
However, that's in interesting concept: if there are Symbiot models able to infiltrate without loosing intelligence because of distance from the hive mind (which would be a necessary trait...) Why haven't we found any? (this is scary... Elvish and Symbiot infiltrators?)

LDiCesare
Mar 30, 2011, 02:50 PM
That's because elves are symbiot infiltrators. Just burn them all.

Ekolite
Mar 30, 2011, 04:34 PM
It's possible that the hive mind was stronger in those times. I don't think we have any reason to fear that there are symbiot infiltrators amongst us.

Immaculate
Mar 30, 2011, 05:14 PM
Oh, I thought that was just attacking field outposts. Not infiltration.

yeah, thats what i meant- just targeted attacks as proof of intelligence.... no evidence of infiltration (that you know of).

my bad.

Adrogans
Mar 31, 2011, 09:23 AM
That's because elves are symbiot infiltrators. Just burn them all.

Hardly, though that makes the Eevis no less bad.

Seon
Apr 01, 2011, 09:07 AM
Message From the Imperium to the Rest of the World

We, of the Imperium, would like to announce that the heretical, democratic remnant from the bygone Republic will now be officially be declared obsolete. There will be no longer any elections held for the Regency. Such practice only brings on chaos and inter-bickering and "politics," into the scene of the Imperial Legislature.

Instead, it has been decided after much thoughts and discussion that, from henceforth, all Regents will be chosen via the ancient process of battling. To the Death. This is a time in which we all require a strong, charismatic, military minded leader to lead us to victory against the Symbiote threat. As such, battles were determined to be the most fitting.

The rules of engagements is as follows...

-Each Leader will face each other in the abandoned areas of Errovus Secundus.
-Each Leader will be allowed 5 battlegroups (units) under his command during the battle.
-No vessel capable of traveling above atmosphere shall be used during the battle.

The last one to survive shall be declared victorious, and Regent for Life.

Thank you.

Message Dated March 32nd.

thomas.berubeg
Apr 01, 2011, 09:10 AM
First off, why Regent for Life? wouldn't simply "Emperor" or "Imperator" do the trick?

Secondly, House Klorin wholly approves, and will be putting forth it's candidate for the battle to the death soon.

hbar
Apr 01, 2011, 09:35 AM
I, for one, welcome our gladitorial overlords.

Seon
Apr 01, 2011, 09:40 AM
Indeed, I feel that this was the right decision. In this way, we shall finally throw off our last democratic roots from the ancient Republic!

In any case, I would now like to make an addendium to the rule of conflict. The battle to determine the next Imperator is to last 7 days. I repeat, it is only to last 7 days. If none of the battlegroups in the leader's command makes a kill in 24 hours, then that leader shall be expediently disqualified via the usage of Phoenix Legions.

Walk in Pancreator's Light

-The Imperial Cabinet

Kyzarc Fotjage
Apr 01, 2011, 09:43 AM
and if they manage to destroy said phoenix legions?

Immaculate
Apr 01, 2011, 10:13 AM
Long live March 32nd- the date on which the empire was finally set right!

Seon
Apr 01, 2011, 11:18 AM
and if they manage to destroy said phoenix legions?

Then we bombard them from space.

mgsmuhammad
Apr 01, 2011, 12:53 PM
What if Evi's or, Pancreator forbid, bugs sneak onto the scene and win?

Will you welcome our Symbiote overlords too?

In any case, i'd like to request the provision that, for the sake of minimising collateral damage and staying true to the warrior's code, armed and armoured airbourne vehicles (both fighters and bombers) be prohibited from use for the duration of the conflict.

Seon
Apr 01, 2011, 01:05 PM
Only scepterholders can compete in this Mission, and I have not yet heard of a Symbiote scepterholder.

thomas.berubeg
Apr 01, 2011, 01:18 PM
however, we may very soon have a Evvis scepterholder.

hbar
Apr 01, 2011, 02:03 PM
I, for one, welcome our Evvis overlords.

BTW, Seon, I like your avatar. Very ... familiar.

Ekolite
Apr 01, 2011, 02:15 PM
Hahaahaaaa love it. Nice one Seon.

But seriously, no one's going to be Regent for life but me :p

Northen Wolf
Apr 01, 2011, 02:17 PM
Only scepterholders can compete in this Mission, and I have not yet heard of a Symbiote scepterholder.

I, for one, have heard of symbiots who posess same way to communicate as sceptres do....

Also if this is/would be for real, I'll approve this. Just to mention, that I have a good military ACC :]

Kyzarc Fotjage
Apr 01, 2011, 02:25 PM
Ekolite: he never placed limits on what units you can use, and you happen to have the most badass troops in the imperium at your fingertips. I doubt any of us can take out 5 units of Phoenix Guard

Darksaber1
Apr 01, 2011, 02:39 PM
I'm slightly ashamed to admit that i didn't even realize that it wasn't Ekol playing around until hbar's comment.:blush:

And when in doudt: Orbital Strike!

hbar
Apr 01, 2011, 02:41 PM
Today, more than any other day, believe nothing you read on the internet.

germanicus12
Apr 01, 2011, 04:00 PM
Bah, my orbital bombers will make short work of their Phoenix Guards. My Grimson Legions will be unmatched in the Galaxy, led by veterans from the last Symbiot War and recruited from the warrior family of Eekin. You all stand no chance against Vladimir's true heir. :p

hbar
Apr 01, 2011, 04:06 PM
Pfft. My Infantry III may not have all your bells and whistles, but what they lack in techno-wizardry, they more than make up for in f'ing moxy!

Darksaber1
Apr 01, 2011, 05:03 PM
You dare to ignore my Super Deathclaws and Super Atomic Super Mutants!?!? They will destroy you! ...provided I can stop them exploding/taking up Moris Dancing...

Adrogans
Apr 01, 2011, 05:50 PM
Whatever, my inf 1 has sheer numbers...not to mention the symbiotic sample I have ready in case the tide turns!

thomas.berubeg
Apr 01, 2011, 05:56 PM
I shall call forth the HOLY fire of BHALL to smite all you sinners, leaving only Lady Embra as new emperor.

Darksaber1
Apr 01, 2011, 08:22 PM
...symbiotic sample...

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/3642/postz.png
I need to hold my breath just to breath. Not enough air to scream.

Immaculate
Apr 01, 2011, 08:26 PM
What the hell?

Thats sort of confusing... and scary.

Seon
Apr 01, 2011, 08:29 PM
OH NOES! Darksaber is turning into Kyzarc!

Darksaber1
Apr 01, 2011, 08:36 PM
The screams told me what to say. They taste like tears.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7f/RWS_Tarot_18_Moon.jpg

Actually, has to do with my current story series. IT was just a convinient place for it.

Seon
Apr 01, 2011, 08:37 PM
Oh...why is everyone suddenly turning into worshippers of Octopus Overlords? :p

Darksaber1
Apr 01, 2011, 08:55 PM
Oh...why is everyone suddenly turning into worshippers of Octopus Overlords? :p

What octopi? That's a Lobster. And it's because they sing to me in my sleep. They sound like Stars.

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/5296/arcanaforcexviiithemoon.png

Seon
Apr 01, 2011, 09:03 PM
Uh...huh...

*loads shotgun*

Darksaber1
Apr 01, 2011, 09:48 PM
Uh...huh...

*loads shotgun*

Oh don't worry, i'm already far away from you, I think. Plus, shotguns can't hurt Them.

Seon
Apr 01, 2011, 09:50 PM

*Ka-clack*

Northen Wolf
Apr 02, 2011, 10:34 AM
Eh what overlord? We need no overlords when we have Agares!

Also, Immac asked me to post this:
http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/7145/immacunes.png

thomas.berubeg
Apr 02, 2011, 10:37 AM
ooh, cool!

Terrance888
Apr 02, 2011, 10:37 AM
Shiney!

And to think that it has a heart of oil...

LDiCesare
Apr 02, 2011, 11:41 AM
Very nice NW!

Kentharu
Apr 02, 2011, 12:28 PM
The General shall meet any foe in battle and relieve him of his head.

Immaculate
Apr 02, 2011, 09:05 PM
dWith the opening of E2 to trade and the Coachmen deciding that they will not be going to Hubbard due to the Symbiots there, this is the new trade routes they propose:

Coachmen 1st Merchant Fleet
1 VK-VIII freighter, 1 OK-IV freighter

Clarke (Irva Querry Orbital Spaceport) (March): Unload Furs, manufactured products, some grain. Load aquaculture and fish from Tsedeq, Fishers, and Eekin, metals from Eekin.
Jump Incellia (use OK-IV freighter to touch-down at Cappricidia, Koriate) (June): Load grain from Holy Gate. Load Furs, Fish form Thana
Jump Leagueheim (dock at Reeves Orbital Spaceport) (September): Unload grain, fish, aquaculture, metals, furs. Load manufactured products.
Jump Incellia (use OK-IV freighter to touch-down at Cappricidia, Koriate)(December) : Load some small grain from Holy Gate. Load Furs form Thana. Unload manufactured products.
Repeat

Coachmen 3rd Merchant Fleet
1 VK-II-Class Freighter

Arrakis (land directly at Xicier fiefdom) (June): Unload manufactured products, load Vanarii oil, ceramasteal, load Killgore oil, weapons, load Xicier textiles, tea, coffee, Hyppean grain
E2 (dock at Regency Orbital Spaceport) (September): Unload oil, ceramasteal, weapons, textiles, tea, coffee, grain, Load manufactured products
Assimov (land at Quin planetary spaceport) (December): Unload manufactured products, oil, textiles, tea, coffee. Load biological, timber
E2 (dock Querry fiefdom) (March): Unload oil, ceramasteal, weapons, textiles, tea, coffee, grain, Load manufactured products
Repeat.

Coachmen 4th Merchant Fleet
1 VK-II-Class Freighter

Jump Incellia (land Cappricidia planetary spaceport) (September): Unload some manufactured products, remaining metals, remaining oil, some textiles, load Holy Gate grain, Thana furs
Jump Clarke (dock Irva orbital spaceport) (December): unload some manufactured products, remaining grain, some furs, remaining textiles, Eekin metals, aquaculture, Tsedeq fish
Jump Arrakis (dock Hyppean planetary spaceport) (March): unload remaining manufactured products, some fish, some aquaculture, load Hyppean grain, Sanctious’Als fruit and nuts, Querry oil, Xicier textiles, coffee, tea
E2 (dock at Regency Orbital Spaceport) (June): Unload oil, ceramasteal, weapons, textiles, tea, coffee, grain, Load manufactured products
Repeat.

LDiCesare
Apr 03, 2011, 01:20 AM
Immac, the coachmen 1st merchant fleet might want to load some oil from our fields on Clarke if that's more profitable than (just) fish.

Regarding freighters, I still have a freighter fleet headed to Hubbard this year. My current plan is most likely to have them land far from symbiot-infested areas, but it depends a lot on what people on Hubbard and E2 have to propose. I can either risk the ship to Hubbard (price of services there to be negotiated) or trade to E2 (where Clarke food would probably be welcome too) instead.

Also, any eta on when stats are updated?

Immaculate
Apr 03, 2011, 07:34 AM
Tuesday?

Seon
Apr 06, 2011, 08:15 PM
What does the "Prestige" in the new stat mean?

Immaculate
Apr 06, 2011, 08:19 PM
What does the "Prestige" in the new stat mean?

I am curious to see if the new stats are self-explanatory or not. So for now i'll just not answer that and see how clear the stats are that the black-box generates. There's a lot going on behind the scenes now and a small fraction is present in your stats. not sure how much of that comes through though...
... so i await your ideas.

Also- i need some input from adrogans before i can post querry stats.

Adrogans
Apr 06, 2011, 08:25 PM
I'm just to awesome for new stats!

Immaculate
Apr 06, 2011, 08:26 PM
GO answer my e-mail k?

Adrogans
Apr 06, 2011, 08:36 PM
Sorry was on my phone, hotmail doesn't seem to like it much.

Immaculate
Apr 06, 2011, 08:50 PM
Alll stats are updated now.

Immaculate
Apr 06, 2011, 09:20 PM
Um...I've lost a lot of income.

it says 'approximate' income. there's a rand() function in there. don't worry about it too much.
i don't want to reveal exact income without peeps performing a census or something.

Northen Wolf
Apr 07, 2011, 03:02 AM
What is normal tax rate? How do peasants/serfs react to tax rate? Or are we taxing just nobles? Does tax income go under production?

Also, what I realy miss is science income. You do not have to show, when we level up science (30/40) but showing how much more we focus on something would be useful. For an example: my biotech science income is lacking, compared to both other science levels. Currently, I don't even know, that biotech is being researched quite a bit less than others. Maybe add highest focus and lowest focus tags?

------
Prestige is probably how much you behave like an "noble house". Looking at Holy Gate, Hyppean and Naparous seems to confirm it.

LDiCesare
Apr 07, 2011, 03:45 AM
I have a few issues with the new stats.

What's my yacht doing on E2? And Sasha on Clarke? They were supposed to both be on Incellia. I don't mind them being on Clarke, but the orders had them on Incellia by end of the year.

Foremost, we have no idea where our research is or what our research rate is. This effectively prevents all planning of getting a certain level in a given time and planning to create or research a unit now or later.

Regarding reputation, prestige and imperials are not clear.
My guess: Prestige is totally unclear. Maybe how warlike/influent you are supposed to be. All my guesses make it mostly redundant with nobility. I need an explanation for this stat.
EDIT - Probably increased by holding an imperial position. Still unclear what or who it affects and what it's actually useful for.
EDIT again - Nope. Bossheim should have more then. Looking at Kilgore and Eekin, looks like military tradition factors a lot in this stat. Still no idea what it actually is or does.
Imperials: Probably reputation with regards to professionals of the imperial offices. I guess this is the sum of regency bureaucrats, garrison and fleet soldiers, and eye operatives.

LDiCesare
Apr 07, 2011, 04:22 AM
Regarding the renaming of social tech, it should be impacted upon the designs, since it's the only place it's referred. Right now the renaming is confusing. I'm not sure I like the new name either.Clarifying what Complex Systems is would help. I'd throw software engineering in there for instance, but I would not put it in social.

Regarding taxation, I have a few questions.
Taxation efficiency: Might be the actual tax rate, but Texier have more than the tax rate, so probably not that either.
Tax rate: Not straightforward at all and looking like a republican idea. More on this later.
Who is actually taxed?
In medieval and renaissance societies, taxes were often on the freemen and serfs, period. Which means that churches and nobles were mostly exempt. I expect it's about the same here. But it's unclear. There were all kinds of taxation systems, like paying a rent for the land one worked (not owned, because the land was owned by clerics or nobles who wouldn't pay taxes)... Voltaire's "L'homme aux quarante écus" is my reference for the era. It was a criticism of the unfairness of the tax system, and the book was vetoed by the king. Anyway, a taxation system as a percentage of something sounds weirdly unfeudal.

Darksaber1
Apr 07, 2011, 04:48 AM
I suspect taxation efficency is what percent of tax-payer actually pay/can be tracted down to pay, or isn't skimmed by nobles.

Ekolite
Apr 07, 2011, 05:11 AM
Iirc Republicanism refers only to the plebs having power through voting. Even if it is unfeudal, in what way is taxation as a percentage remotely republican?

As far as I know, the nobility were taxed in certain cultures. I always thought that the landowners taxed the peasants, and then a portion of what they collected went to the King. In that sense a percentage is understandable.

Seon
Apr 07, 2011, 05:14 AM
Ekolite, how did you get 108 MF in your treasury? :P

Ekolite
Apr 07, 2011, 05:22 AM
Well I haven't really done much with my HG funds lately, maybe I'm saving for something big ;)

Ekolite
Apr 07, 2011, 05:23 AM
Also can I say I like the idea of income having a slightly random effect to it. Might have to steal that for EkoNES :p

LDiCesare
Apr 07, 2011, 05:51 AM
Iirc Republicanism refers only to the plebs having power through voting. Even if it is unfeudal, in what way is taxation as a percentage remotely republican?

As far as I know, the nobility were taxed in certain cultures. I always thought that the landowners taxed the peasants, and then a portion of what they collected went to the King. In that sense a percentage is understandable.

The settings looks a lot like medieval Europe, in particular the (Holy Roman) Empire in terms of ideology, so I base my comparison on this.

A percentage makes sense, but the real question is a percentage of what?
Is that a percentage of the population (totally feudal/noble privileges thing)?
Or a percentage of production (value-added tax for instance)?
A percentage on all sales, a tariff on trade, a tax on land ownership (where percentage might be the value of the land?)...

For instance, if I decree that there are new tariffs on import, how does that translate in terms of %?
I'd rather not see that figure at all unless it's clear what it does, and same for tax efficiency.
For instance, if I consider a system like the French Ancien Régime, the king asked his officials to bring him a set amount of money. Said officials paid to buy their office, and had the right to collect taxes, a part of which they gave to the king. In such a system, is the %age a percentage of what the officials collect, or is the percentage what they actually collect, while tax efficiency is what they give to the rulers, the difference going into their pockets?

Depending on all that, we may try to change the tax rate or tax efficiency by taking appropriate measures. If they are just measures of unknown quantities, they are rather useless.

In my opinion, all figures need to be either explained or remain hidden.

Immaculate
Apr 07, 2011, 06:58 AM
What is normal tax rate? How do peasants/serfs react to tax rate? Or are we taxing just nobles? Does tax income go under production?
A normal tax rate is 20%. For game purposes i broke it down into three sections (for each planet so you can change tax rates planet by planet if you want- note that this would take an action) so people can modulate their taxes with some degree of finesse. Firstly is the taxes on your typical feudal population and their agricultural product- this is largely based on your population. Secondly are the taxes levied against the majority of your commercial and industrial production- things that your cities or specialized farms, mines or lumber-camps might produce. Thirdly is your tax on trade both within the planet and between planets.
Depending on the type of tax rate you affect you will alienate different populations as well as affect the actual amount of goods produced.
In medieval and renaissance societies, taxes were often on the freemen and serfs, period. Which means that churches and nobles were mostly exempt. I expect it's about the same here. But it's unclear. There were all kinds of taxation systems, like paying a rent for the land one worked (not owned, because the land was owned by clerics or nobles who wouldn't pay taxes)... Voltaire's "L'homme aux quarante écus" is my reference for the era. It was a criticism of the unfairness of the tax system, and the book was vetoed by the king. Anyway, a taxation system as a percentage of something sounds weirdly unfeudal.
Sorry but its just an abstraction of how much tax you are asking of your people. Think of it more as a relative term. And land-owners did get taxed in late antiquity like the eastern roman empire which this is supposed to be a lot like.
Does tax income go under production?
Production is a function of your major industries. It is not affected by taxes too greatly except that if you increase taxes too greatly people will stop being productive because there is no money in it for them anymore.. Its more of a marker of the strength of your industry.
I suspect taxation efficency is what percent of tax-payer actually pay/can be tracted down to pay, or isn't skimmed by nobles.
Regarding taxation, I have a few questions.
Taxation efficiency: Might be the actual tax rate, but Texier have more than the tax rate, so probably not that either.
That’s correct. Happier people, happier nobles, better government bureaucracy and physical infrastructure all lead to better efficiency though.
Also, what I realy miss is science income. You do not have to show, when we level up science (30/40) but showing how much more we focus on something would be useful. For an example: my biotech science income is lacking, compared to both other science levels. Currently, I don't even know, that biotech is being researched quite a bit less than others. Maybe add highest focus and lowest focus tags?
Foremost, we have no idea where our research is or what our research rate is. This effectively prevents all planning of getting a certain level in a given time and planning to create or research a unit now or later.
Okay, what I will do is add a function that tells you how effective your research rate is compared to others. Perhaps with some descriptor like ‘ineffective’, ‘competitive’, ‘leading edge’, etc. expect this for next years stats. Ultimately I want to hide where you are exactly with technology. Research shouldn’t be so easy to track for the rulers.
Prestige is probably how much you behave like an "noble house". Looking at Holy Gate, Hyppean and Naparous seems to confirm it.
My guess: Prestige is totally unclear. Maybe how warlike/influent you are supposed to be. All my guesses make it mostly redundant with nobility. I need an explanation for this stat.
EDIT - Probably increased by holding an imperial position. Still unclear what or who it affects and what it's actually useful for.
EDIT again - Nope. Bossheim should have more then. Looking at Kilgore and Eekin, looks like military tradition factors a lot in this stat. Still no idea what it actually is or does.
Prestige is things that are worthy of praise. So things like burning a symbiot hive down, winning an office, building a giant cathedral, beautifying your capital, kicking nomad a$$, things like that. Having your leader burnt at the stake or kill himself is bad for prestige. Major houses start with more. Its more than reputation. People might hate you but they can’t deny that you make worlds-changing decisions and change the lives of millions.
The goal of this stat is to be more intuitive than ‘gamey’. Its more of an indicator of greatness than anything else.
What's my yacht doing on E2? And Sasha on Clarke? They were supposed to both be on Incellia. I don't mind them being on Clarke, but the orders had them on Incellia by end of the year.
I’ll fix in my blackbox and you just pretend they say that in the stats.
Imperials: Probably reputation with regards to professionals of the imperial offices. I guess this is the sum of regency bureaucrats, garrison and fleet soldiers, and eye operatives.
Correct. So when the Koriate marched 23,000 soldiers across irradiate desert and they all died of radiation poisoning – that was bad for imperial repuation. When House Holy Gate just handed over all the Regency scientists to the Inquisition, that was bad for imperial reputation (though good for piety). When Holy Gate built a bunch of schools, hospitals, etc for the regency (with regency money), that was good for imperial.
Regarding the renaming of social tech, it should be impacted upon the designs, since it's the only place it's referred. Right now the renaming is confusing. I'm not sure I like the new name either.Clarifying what Complex Systems is would help. I'd throw software engineering in there for instance, but I would not put it in social.
Hence why it was renamed. Social did include things like electronic control systems and I didn’t feel its name really implied that. You hit the nail on the head.
For instance, if I decree that there are new tariffs on import, how does that translate in terms of %?
That’s possible. Try to implement tariffs and you should see appropriate responses in your stats.
In my opinion, all figures need to be either explained or remain hidden.
Okay, thank you for your opinion. I don’t want to provide in-depth explanations for everything because rulers don’t know exactly how their kingdoms work – they certainly don’t get to see the math. I’ve provided a few explanations but if that’s insufficient, than just ignore them. Play the story and not the numbers and let the numbers take care of themselves. Many of the numbers are just an indicator of various things like the effects of well-developed infrastructure for example. Think of many of them as indicators. You still only have one thing to spend and thats your treasury. so ultimately if you really don't want to know the intricacies of your nation, just worry about that one thing.

I’m sorry if you guys don’t like it. Ultimately I do. I’m willing to make some changes (indicate relative research rates) but a lot of what you see is going to remain mostly unchanged.

Northen Wolf
Apr 07, 2011, 07:00 AM
I'm perfectly happy with science showing, what type of science your nation invests most in and what least in. This should be known to leaders. Other than that, I like the idea of hiding the research rate - it makes thinking ahead more complex.

I'm not sure whetever I understand taxation, but I'll learn with time.

Ekolite
Apr 07, 2011, 08:23 AM
I personally like the new system. The only thing I would say is that a lot of the stats just have some random number like ''4'' or ''10'' which isn't that great for referencing without looking through and analysing everyone else's stats. It would be great if there was a mean figure to compare it to, preferably included in each player's stats.

So if my biotech was 6/4 I'd know I was ahead of the game, but if it was 3/4 I'd know I was behind some of the others.

Other then that I like it a lot, especially the different kinds of reputation. I just hope you aren't making it too complicated for yourself behind the scenes that's all.

Northen Wolf
Apr 07, 2011, 08:47 AM
add an total average count?

LDiCesare
Apr 07, 2011, 09:54 AM
Okay, what I will do is add a function that tells you how effective your research rate is compared to others. Perhaps with some descriptor like ‘ineffective’, ‘competitive’, ‘leading edge’, etc. expect this for next years stats. Ultimately I want to hide where you are exactly with technology. Research shouldn’t be so easy to track for the rulers.
If we could get an idea about "we're likely to get a breakthrough in physics this year... or maybe the next one", it would be great. I don't care about knowing exactly where I am, but I wouldn't want to design a unit and see that next turn I could have done a much better one. Basically, I can spend 4 turn with a stat of 3, and on the next one or two turns, I could get 4 (your scientists request more funds for a major breakthrough) or 4 (nearing completion) or some such. It would be inaccurate, but otherwise I feel tech is going to be very unattractive as we won't get any feedback as to what we're doing.

The goal of this stat is to be more intuitive than ‘gamey’. Its more of an indicator of greatness than anything else.
ok I'll just ignore it then since it's not intuitive to me at all.

Might be the actual tax rate, but Texier have more than the tax rate, so probably not that either.
That’s correct.
Correct that it's not exactly that? ;)
So it's the actual tax income, and may be superior to the tax rate?

My point is that if I have no understanding of a figure, it might as well stay hidden.
Play the story and not the numbers
This is not my point. I'm very good at exploiting systems and finding faults in them, but usually avoid that in games because that's not fun (hence ditching Civ V).
But why show the numbers? I don't need the tax rate. I may want to change a law that increases tolls on bridges and lowers harbour taxes for instance, rather than say +1% to taxes. If the result is an increase of 1% in taxes and a resulting 1 MF, I'd rather see only the MF and not the intermediary tax %. Or should I say "increase tax rate by 2%" instead of trying to devise an adaptation of the tax system?

spryllino
Apr 07, 2011, 12:57 PM
Immac, a glossary on the front page of precisely what each stat means would be very useful. :)

Diamondeye
Apr 08, 2011, 03:39 AM
I don't think I've received any messages in private while away.
Also, when are orders due?

mgsmuhammad
Apr 08, 2011, 03:58 AM
April the.. 17th?

It's updated on the first page.

Immaculate
Apr 08, 2011, 07:21 AM
the 14th.

Diamondeye
Apr 08, 2011, 07:32 AM
You should update your signature to reflect this btw.

spryllino
Apr 08, 2011, 09:37 AM
Declaration from House Texier
Attn Regent and Offices

This government risks losing the confidence of House Texier unless some explanation is given or reversal carried out of the closure of the Cabinet.

Ekolite
Apr 08, 2011, 03:19 PM
You can expect the Cabinet to be reopened at some point in the near future. It is against my over-arching philosophy that the government of this Empire should be held in secret. The measure is only temporary.

spryllino
Apr 08, 2011, 04:04 PM
But why is it being held in secrecy, even temporarily? This is a serious matter requiring of explanation and requiring, preferably, of a specific time by which the Cabinet will be reopened. At the moment, any honorable noble who is not in the cabinet can only suppose there is some peculiar kind of conspiracy going on.

It is also most undesirable that when it reopens there shall no doubt be posts removed from the group containing whatever you didn't want us to know about; this is why the Cabinet should not be shut for so much as a day. At the moment there are 88 in total and House Texier hopes there are still at least 88 when you reopen the group.

Please actually explain the closing of the Cabinet.

Ekolite
Apr 08, 2011, 04:13 PM
In future I would prefer you address your concerns to me in private. No posts will be deleted.

LDiCesare
Apr 09, 2011, 03:46 AM
Immaculate, I have more questions about stats. (Sorry for being so obnoxious)
1) House Illborne is tagged as having a sceptre???
2) Regarding actions.
When we have 2 ACC and 3 actions (most minor houses, also Hyppean with 3/4), is the additional action to be performed by one of the ACC or an obscure noble with some chances of failure? I think that's what was said, but how do you want us to write them in our orders?
For instance let's say I have 3 actions and 2 ACC, should the ACC section of the orders look like this:
ACC1 fights the evil symbiots on Stigmata
ACC2 grows roses on Clarke's moon
ACC2 supervises his nobles building a Peace Moon in orbit around Clarke.
or like that:
Nobles start building a Peace Moon in orbit around Clarke.
or something totally different?

Immaculate
Apr 09, 2011, 07:14 PM
Immaculate, I have more questions about stats. (Sorry for being so obnoxious)
1) House Illborne is tagged as having a sceptre???
Fixed. Good eyes.
Regarding actions.
When we have 2 ACC and 3 actions (most minor houses, also Hyppean with 3/4), is the additional action to be performed by one of the ACC or an obscure noble with some chances of failure? I think that's what was said, but how do you want us to write them in our orders?
For instance let's say I have 3 actions and 2 ACC, should the ACC section of the orders look like this:
ACC2 supervises his nobles building a Peace Moon in orbit around Clarke.
or like that:
Nobles start building a Peace Moon in orbit around Clarke.
or something totally different?

Yeah, i need to write a new intro section i guess... dammit!

Anyway, short answer: either one. You have X actions you can take with up to Y characters or you can have your nobles take care of stuff for you. If you ignore your characters or over-work them, there can be repercussions. If you trust your nobles with too much (especially with low noblesse) there can be repercussions.

LDiCesare
Apr 10, 2011, 07:21 AM
Here's a rendering of Mortimer tormah Tsedeq overseeing the construction of a dyke to protect the new fields south of the main E2 continent.
http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/4984/overseeingdam.png

Apart from realising that my painting skills are poor (I should really stick with just drawing), this led me to wonder what kind of clothes may the nobles on E2 and elsewhere wear? I tend to associate clothings to a given period and therefore a given tech level, but with the mix of technology levels we have here (ranging from medieval peasants to spaceships), I have a hard time imagining what exactly our people may be wearing.

I guess I should have given the sky a sick yellowish taint due to the fact E2 is so polluted/poisoned.

Immaculate
Apr 10, 2011, 09:31 AM
Wow cool Ldi. Nice work. (And i for one think its a very pretty dress; Mortimer looks stunning.)

Yeah, the querry have discussed their livery but other than that, not much discusion on clothes or styles. i think thats something i leave to you.

Also; cool art from an album by an artist i am afraid i have to admit i quite enjoy:

http://static.dezeen.com/uploads/2007/06/david-bowie.jpg

Immaculate
Apr 10, 2011, 01:42 PM
Understanding the Stats

House Tsedeq (the name of your house/faction)

Economic Overview:
Treasury: 35 (the money you can spend this turn, in millions of firebirds (MF))
Approximate Income: 24 (an estimate of the income you are due for the coming year)
tax rate: 20.0% (an indication of how high your taxes are. This is an average of the tax rates across all the fiefdoms you control anywhere and of all sorts of taxes. You could conceivably increase taxes on trade in one planet considerably and not affect your tax rate value here too greatly due to the lower taxes on other planets or reduced taxes on production or population)
taxation efficiency: 13% (an indicator of the efficiency with which you collect your taxes. Things like corrupt or disloyal nobles or an unhappy population can decrease your taxation efficiency while the opposite or a good government or physical infrastructure could increase the efficiency.)
production: 91 (and indicator of industrial output of your faction)
trade: 6 (an indicator of the level of trade you are engaged in)
Approximate Popuation: 12,506,278 (again, this is just an estimate and will change from turn to turn semi-randomly)
Technology
Physics/Engineering: 4 average (Your physics and engineering ranks (the number) describe your competence in that arena. The descriptor following that rank is a short description of your research rate relative to other nations. There is no way of knowing directly how close you are to the next rank)
Chemistry/Biotech: 4 average (Chemistry and Biotech includes things like fuel systems or medicine)
Complex Systems: 5 average (Complex systems is a bit of a catch-all term but involves thinks like targeting systems or software.)
Military Quality (a military quality only comes into play when you are using the related military. The success of your military operations is based partially on this number. Note that each of your planets has a different military quality (based on the presence of things like barracks or recent wars fought there. The number shown here is an average from across your planets)
Army: 2
Air: 1
Navy: 2
Space: 0
Maggicks: 3 (Air, Enchantment, Body) (Each rank of maggicks allows you to choose one type of mana to use)
Intrigue: 3 (A high intrigue also functions as counter-intelligence)
Approximate Reputations: (Reputations vary across planets and fiefdoms so if you are popular on one planet but unpopular on another, you will see here an average of those opinions- all opinions are numeric with 4 being an average and anything above that indicating a better reputation. And vice-versa.)
Prestige: 3 (Prestige doesn't operate like the other reputation scores adn represents your success in doing noble and impressive things like patronizing artists or building churches or winning wars or holding high political offices. Prestige impresses everyone even if they don't like you for other reasons.)
Popularity: 4 (Popular loyalty- doesn't matter if it comes from love or fear)
Noblesse: 3 (The loyalty of your nobles- doesn't matter if it comes from love or fear)
Piety: 5 (the opinion of the Church of Universal Light)
Profitability: 5 (the opinion of the Merchants' Guilds)
Imperials: 4 (the opinion of the imperial bureaucracy and its soldiers and various offices)
Policy (Your policy will not only generate a passive effect every turn, it may lead to greater rates of success or failure with your other actions. Try to synergize your actions to your policy for best effect.)
The Wealth of the Mind is the Real Wealth
Through meditation and mysticism, atonement for one's sins and one's ancestors' sins, prayer and study, can mankind reach a higher level on the spiritual and mystical scale. One penny invested in prayer will reap more rewards than one spent on food or tools, thereby insuring that higher levels of magical and religious awareness are easier to obtain.
Actions
Scepters: 1 (See 'concepts' section)
Actions: 3 (Actions can be taken by your action capable characters or by your nobles. One ACC can take more then one action if you want or none at all. Beware of over-working or ignoring your characters- they may develop negative traits. If you want, your actions can be taken by your nobles and this may lead to corruption or greater loyalty and success or failure depending on the action and your assets as well as your nobleness reputation.)
Action-Capable Characters Each of your ACC may be better or worse at particular actions due to their traits. Traits change with time and usually are affected by the projects they are involved in.
Mortimer Tormah Tsedeq (sceptre-holder), diplomatic, charismatic, pious (eskatonic and orthodox), taste for thaumaturgy, business-minded, air mana trinket (Errovus Secondus)
Sasha Bel-Laga Tsedeq: kindly towards the serfs, dedicated to the Blossoms, pious, loyal, negotiator, merchant (incellia)
Unit Groups (Your military assets, their location and the standing orders they will operate under without additional orders)
Apocalypse (incellia) (no orders)
1 Republic Frog-class Yacht
Mammon (Hubbard) (Clarke-Arrakis-Hubbard trade route)
1 VK-II class freighter, 1 Raptor-Class Frigate (modified for freighter to frigate refueling in orbit)
St Junil Shield Corps (Clarke) (guard Clarke fiefs)
6 divisions Infantry III, 3 brigades light armor, 2 brigades heavy armor, 5 squadrons fighters, 2 squadrons bombers
Geasa Covens (Clarke) (training)
2 covens Charoum-class Thaumaturgist 3 submarines, 1 battleship
Straasha Fleet (Clarke) (patrol waters near fiefs)
12 submarines, 8 destroyers, 3 cruisers, 2 carriers, 4 squadrons fighters, 1 battleship
St Lugus Shield Corps (E2) (guard E2 fiefdom)
1 division glass scalpel commandoes, 3 divisions infantry III, 1 medium armor batallion, 2 squadrons fighters, 2 coven Charoum-class Thaumaturgist

Make more sense?

LDiCesare
Apr 10, 2011, 02:14 PM
That's quite clear... Although I wish the economic overview in my actual stats would show tax rate, production etc.
I suppose Production and Trade are measured in MF.

Immaculate
Apr 10, 2011, 02:18 PM
I thought you didn't want it Ldicesare?

Aso, no- production is more like tonnage or 'units produced' in arbitrary units... if you build tons of stuff that there is no demand for, your production could be high and your income from production low... and vice-versa.

Also, your trade is a function of the sum of the major trade routes you may have... things like railroads to your neighbors, etc, or the number of planets you are connected to via freighter (like xicier who has made himself into a major trade hub). Its not in MF. its more like in 'trade routes' * 'trade route bandwidth'.

Speaking of trade. The merchants inform you that very soon E2 should be food neutral and will not need to import to feed its smaller population. a major reason is the development of agriculture in texier, naprous and south of Hyppean fiefdoms. if people continue to starve (and they do) its due to poor trade infrastructure on the planet. so if you want to reduce the money you are spending on food in your fiefdom, consider linking up to the trade routes... build some railroads or merchant fleets or harbors, or whatever.... theres also good money in that.

LDiCesare
Apr 10, 2011, 02:50 PM
I thought you didn't want it Ldicesare?
It's more important to me that everyone has the same info posted. If I don't use it, someone else may want to see/use it, so that doesn't warrant special treatment for me.

Immaculate
Apr 10, 2011, 02:54 PM
k- fixed

spryllino
Apr 11, 2011, 11:30 AM
I'm sure it's someone else's job to say this, but anyway:

Could all Minor Houses please check the Council and remember to send their subsidies as they have voted for in the Council;

Also, could Houses Illborne, Xicier, and Sanctious'Als in particular vote on that motion.

Immaculate
Apr 11, 2011, 12:10 PM
I've made the garrison aware of how much money they received from the minor houses and from which ones. In total 7MF was sent in 2304 (edit from the minor houses).

Northen Wolf
Apr 11, 2011, 01:09 PM
I've made the garrison aware of how much money they received from the minor houses and from which ones. In total 7MF was sent in 2304.

House of Hyppean used 11 MF and two ACC actions, to try and improve garrison facilities on Hubbard. Thank Pancreator, that we did not fly directly to Arrakis with that Symbiot nesting-load.

Seon
Apr 11, 2011, 01:15 PM
@House Hyppean: note that I shall be getting you fighter aircrafts designed by the SoE to you into Hubbard by this turn to assist you quell the bugs.

In addition, please remember the basic plan that we have discussed as to quarantine procedures and safe zones.

Northen Wolf
Apr 11, 2011, 01:18 PM
@House Hyppean: note that I shall be getting you fighter aircrafts designed by the SoE to you into Hubbard by this turn to assist you quell the bugs.

In addition, please remember the basic plan that we have discussed as to quarantine procedures and safe zones.

Now that we have our stats, we should come together and discuss it one more time.

@To everyone
I'll message diplo tmrw, it is bit late, but better late than never. I'm sorry for this slowdown - I have not had much time to dedicate into NESing. Sorry.

spryllino
Apr 11, 2011, 01:19 PM
Immac: Does that 7MF include the money sent during January (the elections)?

Seon
Apr 11, 2011, 01:21 PM
@Ekolite, the greatest of all regent: May I get you promise that you will spend some imperial funding on the reparation of Imperial Facilities?

I can and already have procured necessary ACC, to repair the Garrison facilities, as they are currently irradiated and rather disgustingly understaffed.

It would be nice if the Fleet would also be able to provide some funding to the endeavor.

Immaculate
Apr 11, 2011, 01:22 PM
Immac: Does that 7MF include the money sent during January (the elections)?

No- i had forgotten about that... my bad.

LDiCesare
Apr 11, 2011, 01:22 PM
I've made the garrison aware of how much money they received from the minor houses and from which ones. In total 7MF was sent in 2304 (edit from the minor houses).
Also consider that last year, Garrison income would have raised due to the Tsedeq trade route hadn't Hubbard suffered from Symbiot infestation.

Immaculate
Apr 12, 2011, 08:48 PM
We need a new Xicier player.

thomas.berubeg
Apr 12, 2011, 08:53 PM
Can we have an extension for orders? I have 3 finals between now and the 19th.

Thanks

Thomas

Immaculate
Apr 12, 2011, 09:10 PM
just write quick and dirty orders and i can semi-NPC?

thomas.berubeg
Apr 12, 2011, 09:16 PM
Sent, I just emailed you the list of spendings and income I've been compilling

Vertinari118
Apr 13, 2011, 11:41 AM
OOC: I'll confess I've begun lurking in this thread recently as it seems an interesting, though time consuming NES. Though I was obviously thinking of joining as House Naprous, I had even begun devising schemes in my head, I could join as any Minor House you need, which would appear to be the Xicier not the Naprous. Whichever house I take may need to be semi-NCPed for a while though as I do have exams after the holidays (23rd May-27th May with one a week later on the 6th June), though they are reasonably close together so it might be okay. Send me a brief on whichever houses you want Immaculate either by PM or by email at laidlaw dot george at hotmail dot co dot uk. I'm requesting a brief because reading through 100 pages of scheming is a tall order, plus there might be private stuff I need to know about. I have read all the updates.

Immaculate
Apr 13, 2011, 01:02 PM
Vert is officially joining us as Xicier.

If Xicier and you are doing diplo (kethanru? terrance888?) you should contact him. Kentharu- your NPC diplo basically doesn't count because i don't want to speak for Vert. You might get a better deal out of him than you did me... maybe...

Also, if the Xicier are in your social group- please extend an invitation to Vert.

And Vertinari118, its nice to play with you once again. Looking forward to your leadership of the Xicier.

spryllino
Apr 13, 2011, 01:07 PM
Vert: the Minor Houses's resolution suggests that you should, as a member of the Council, which you are (and Kyzarc's the admin), send 7MF (an amount proportional to your estimated income, out of the overoptimistic total of 60MF) to help defend against the Symbiots (i.e. to the Garrison).

LDiCesare
Apr 13, 2011, 01:17 PM
Send me a brief (...) because reading through 100 pages of scheming is a tall order, plus there might be private stuff I need to know about. I have read all the updates.
All you need to know:
1) House Tsedeq is your friend and you can give us money.
2) The Garrison can use your spare cash.
3) Welcome :D

Vertinari118
Apr 13, 2011, 01:35 PM
OOC: I already knew you were a friend thanks to Immac's briefing. I have found at least three groups I am meant to be part of, the Council of Minors amongst them. PMs will be arriving in the administrators' inboxes in due course. Also Terrence888 and Kentharu will be receiving PMs regarding the mercenary attacks on Xicier and Vanari once I have finished reading through any currently standing agreements in the thread. I only have 9 pages to go to have read from the last update up till now.

Lord_Iggy
Apr 13, 2011, 03:58 PM
I'm interested in joining. Do you have any suggestions for a good noble house? I'm reading through the front page right now.

Immaculate
Apr 13, 2011, 04:02 PM
I'm interested in joining. Do you have any suggestions for a good noble house? I'm reading through the front page right now.

Hello Lord Iggy,

All that is available right now is Naprous.

They started off weak but the previous player did a good job of strengthening them though in the process they lost their scepter (and with it much of their political power). None-the-less, its not a bad position. If you want, you can e-mail me at philgob(at)hotmail(dot)com for details (all orders and stuff is supposed to be via e-mail so i can keep old orders and better organize incoming material).

I.

hbar
Apr 13, 2011, 04:10 PM
Orders in. No whammy no whammy no whammy STOP!

Kentharu
Apr 13, 2011, 04:18 PM
Hurry up.

@Iggy you can take Kilgore if you want.

Immaculate
Apr 13, 2011, 04:24 PM
K- in light of two new players... i'm gonna extend the deadline until sunday the 17th of April.

Lord_Iggy
Apr 13, 2011, 05:35 PM
Can you tell me a bit about house Naprous? I don't think I'll take Kilgore, as I already associate them heavily with Kentharu and would thus feel kind of limited in what I can do without impinging on my predecessor. Or maybe I'd take Kilgore... I'm not sure.

Vertinari118
Apr 13, 2011, 05:45 PM
If you take House Kilgore, there is a certain crisis to resolve.

@ Kentharu: I am willing to negotiate further you know, if that is one of the reasons for your decision, which it probably isn't. My house IC is a merchant house, they're not going to sell themselves short. Peace, at least for now, is in everyone's interests.