View Full Version : Random Raves XIV: The Rave of the Century

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

west india man
Jan 20, 2011, 01:07 PM
It's in the middle of nowhere... :shifty:

Virote_Considon
Jan 20, 2011, 01:17 PM
But its Somerset...

I'm Dorset born, Dorset bred, strong in the arm, thick in the head!

I'll be having none of that Somerset nonsense!

SonicTH
Jan 20, 2011, 02:01 PM
I'm sorry to hear about you friend, I hope he pulls through.

I hope your friend's okay... :undecide:

To think I was contemplating swallowing a bottle of pills not so long ago...

I don't know you, Aeternae, but please be alright.

I'll be praying for your friend.

Thanks to everyone who wished good will on Aeternae. Checking his journal, it seems he's fine apart from some natural side effects from having too much of it. Thankfully, it seems Nyquil is a very poor drug to try to commit suicide with. One of my friends speculates this is intentional on the developers' parts.

Thanks everyone. :)

...now that his soul is safe, I must focus on eating his parents'...

_random_
Jan 20, 2011, 04:05 PM
I was on the radio live and won free crap because I knew what Catwoman's given name was, thus completely justifying my obsession with superhero comics has been justified. On another note, the Catwoman casting is pretty perfect, along with everything else we know about The Dark Knight Rises. And the Superman reboot. And the Spider-Man reboot. And the Captain America reboot. And Thor. Over all, it's a great time to be a comic book geek.

choxorn
Jan 20, 2011, 05:38 PM

Their bodies, or their souls?

CivGeneral
Jan 20, 2011, 06:10 PM
Just woke up from a nap.

Dachs
Jan 20, 2011, 10:12 PM
I was on the radio live and won free crap because I knew what Catwoman's given name was, thus completely justifying my obsession with superhero comics has been justified. On another note, the Catwoman casting is pretty perfect, along with everything else we know about The Dark Knight Rises. And the Superman reboot. And the Spider-Man reboot. And the Captain America reboot. And Thor. Over all, it's a great time to be a comic book geek.
Free postcount opportunity (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=408542)

just reach out and touch it

_random_
Jan 20, 2011, 10:22 PM
Free postcount opportunity (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=408542)

just reach out and touch it

Thank you. :bowdown:

SonicTH
Jan 20, 2011, 10:59 PM
Their bodies, or their souls?

I'm a fox incubus, therefore a semi-spiritual being. Why stop at one or the other if I can eat both? :yumyum:

Rave: First drawing in what feels like a million years in progress. Hallelujah.

Also. Sons of Mars just exploded thanks to the new wars. I enjoy torturing my pe- er, players. <3

Camikaze
Jan 21, 2011, 03:50 AM
I could swear Mr Creosote waddled into my work tonight. I did not offer any wafer thin mints.

CurtSibling
Jan 21, 2011, 03:55 AM
@Taniciusfox:

You draw, eh? Do you have a deviantart page or anything?

:)

Dumanios
Jan 21, 2011, 05:39 AM
School is cancelled!

Yared
Jan 21, 2011, 06:04 AM
Yesterday, I switched between laughing and LMAO-inbg 'cause my friend got cussed out by a food-lady for something irrelevant. The absurdity of the whole situation brought me to tears. Half of the people in the lunch room were giving me looks.

Dachs
Jan 21, 2011, 09:58 AM
Guess what poem I re-re-discovered :D

west india man
Jan 21, 2011, 11:13 AM
Friday night, so I can finally play an Earth Evolution 2 game! :woohoo:

cardgame
Jan 21, 2011, 11:27 AM
5 day weekend...

sick wed, snow days thurs and fri (today)

SS-18 ICBM
Jan 21, 2011, 11:31 AM
Sunshine, glorious sunshine! What better weather to start a routine trip with?

Virote_Considon
Jan 21, 2011, 12:16 PM
Guess what poem I re-re-discovered :D

The Iliad?

Dachs
Jan 21, 2011, 12:46 PM
The Iliad?
nah, don't need to (re-)re-discover that

Caliban upon Setebos (http://rpo.library.utoronto.ca/poem/267.html), Browning

Zack
Jan 21, 2011, 03:33 PM
We had a communism-capitalism debate in History (class was split in half, I was on the communist side), and I got to wear a button with the hammer and sickle all day. :D Teacher wore won too.

choxorn
Jan 21, 2011, 04:38 PM
Knowing that you live in Texas, how many people had no understanding of either capitalism or communism at all?

Zack
Jan 21, 2011, 04:40 PM
In the class? A good number knew a lot about the subjects, some even thought communism was better than capitalism. Of course, that was in an AP World History class. I'm sure it would be a whole different story in a lower level class.

Virote_Considon
Jan 21, 2011, 04:40 PM
150% of them, I'd wager.

Yared
Jan 21, 2011, 06:19 PM
Saw this drunken dude with his sober friend trying to make their way to the buses at a train station 45 mins ago. First, the guy managed to somehow slip out of his shoes, forcing his friend to help him put them on (not something that looked to be particularly easy with him being wasted). Then, the guy thought that he was Superman and walked with his fist held high in the air.

His friend had to drag him forcefully off to their bus. It looked pretty hilarious.

Mad Man
Jan 21, 2011, 06:34 PM
to bad he wasn't at the train station, it would have been more funny if he stumbled on to the tracks.

_random_
Jan 21, 2011, 08:05 PM
We had a communism-capitalism debate in History (class was split in half, I was on the communist side), and I got to wear a button with the hammer and sickle all day. :D Teacher wore won too.

I got to represent the KPD in a mock Reichstag debate once. We probably could have won, but I was the only one on my team who pulled my weight, while the SPD had three skilled debaters.

Karalysia
Jan 21, 2011, 08:17 PM
SDP is pretty cool anyway. Better than those crazy Christian Democrats.

Yared
Jan 22, 2011, 02:06 AM
to bad he wasn't at the train station, it would have been more funny if he stumbled on to the tracks.

Woah man.

west india man
Jan 22, 2011, 06:56 AM
Thanks to everyone who wished good will on Aeternae. Checking his journal, it seems he's fine apart from some natural side effects from having too much of it. Thankfully, it seems Nyquil is a very poor drug to try to commit suicide with. One of my friends speculates this is intentional on the developers' parts.

Thanks everyone. :)

You thinking what I'm thinking? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Furies) :mischief:

West 36
Jan 22, 2011, 01:03 PM
A friend of mine created and added me to a group on facebook called "Anti-Illuminati" in my area, described as: "Resistance of the Illuminati and their New World Order (NWO) in Lehigh Valley, PA". While at first I found this annoying, looking through the page, I've found it enjoyable. For instance:
Obama and Pope meet to propose the NWO on the same die Michael Jackson died. Wonder why they did that? Well how many of you noticed this versus the media flooded with the death of Michael Jackson? That's why.
It's only been active a few hours and already masonic lodges and various youtube videos have been posted. All him. Will be an interesting page to watch develop. Yes, he's serious.

aimeeandbeatles
Jan 22, 2011, 02:45 PM
In a college newspaper article I have, someone I think got a little too carried away with headlines, because instead of "Album Reviews" (or something else nice and simple) we have this:

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/4066/funnyheadline.png

Volum
Jan 22, 2011, 02:58 PM
Fun fact!

From 1978 to 1989 buyinig, selling or using skateboards was ILLEGAL in Norway. Police would actually fine you and confiscate your skateboard if you got caught. Kids would build illegal skateparks in the woods.

Together with when we banned Life of Brian i think this is one of this nations greatest accomplishments.

aimeeandbeatles
Jan 22, 2011, 06:59 PM
In a college newspaper article I have, someone I think got a little too carried away with headlines, because instead of "Album Reviews" (or something else nice and simple) we have this:

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/4066/funnyheadline.png

And someone else needs to use a thesaurus in concert review i found:
"but his performance was highlighted by his performance of classic tunes"

PlutonianEmpire
Jan 23, 2011, 12:58 PM
I'm happy.

CUZ YOU ALL JUST LOST THE GAME! :evil:

aimeeandbeatles
Jan 23, 2011, 01:05 PM
I'm happy.

CUZ YOU ALL JUST LOST THE GAME! :evil:

What game?

west india man
Jan 23, 2011, 01:33 PM
The Game (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Game_(mind_game))

aimeeandbeatles
Jan 23, 2011, 01:35 PM
Well in that case I lost that stupid game. I don't really care anyways.

Joecoolyo
Jan 23, 2011, 05:11 PM
The game ended like 4 years ago anyways.

Virote_Considon
Jan 23, 2011, 05:20 PM
Yeah, when I conclusively won it.

Yared
Jan 23, 2011, 05:31 PM
I didn't know it had been called off by the PM :confused:

PlutonianEmpire
Jan 23, 2011, 05:33 PM
The game ended like 4 years ago anyways.
It did? I thought it went on forever. :(

Cynovolans
Jan 23, 2011, 07:36 PM
Drake is collaborating with Florence + the Machine for his next album. Odd combo but I'm sure the music will be awesome.

_random_
Jan 23, 2011, 07:53 PM
Almost everyone in my pool picked the Patriots as Super Bowl champs, so if Pittsburgh or Chicago wins this weekend, I'm guaranteed the pot.

:woohoo:

madviking
Jan 23, 2011, 07:54 PM
I think now is an appropriate time to begin my homework.

Joecoolyo
Jan 23, 2011, 09:27 PM
It did? I thought it went on forever. :(

(as in only "newfriends" play it)

choxorn
Jan 23, 2011, 11:46 PM
I think now is an appropriate time to begin my homework.

Nah, it's way too early. You should wait until tomorrow.

Godwynn
Jan 24, 2011, 12:21 AM
A customer bought me imported beer tonight.

Arakhor
Jan 24, 2011, 05:51 AM
Nigel Farage said "the game is up" during a speech to the EU parliament. That's close enough for me (they're both loathsome politicians delivering speeches to democratic parliaments). :D

west india man
Jan 24, 2011, 10:38 AM
No, it has to specifically be the Prime Minister, AND on live national TV!

Virote_Considon
Jan 24, 2011, 11:46 AM
I may in fact have a 4-day weekend this semester :D

Mango Elephant
Jan 24, 2011, 02:43 PM
I'm a great rapper.

west india man
Jan 24, 2011, 02:47 PM
That's what they want you to think! :shifty:

Mango Elephant
Jan 24, 2011, 02:49 PM
Well, I don't know what they think, but I think I'm a great rapper!

west india man
Jan 24, 2011, 02:51 PM
That's what they then make you think, until they realize you aren't! :shifty:

Mango Elephant
Jan 24, 2011, 02:53 PM
Be that as it may, I'm an amazing rapper.

cardgame
Jan 24, 2011, 02:54 PM
Nigel Farage said "the game is up" during a speech to the EU parliament. That's close enough for me (they're both loathsome politicians delivering speeches to democratic parliaments). :D

video or it didn't happen

Dachs
Jan 24, 2011, 03:00 PM
It's Nigel Farage. He's been in the Tyson Zone for years.

Arakhor
Jan 24, 2011, 03:03 PM
Well, search for Nigel Farage on YouTube. I'm sure you'll turn up one or other of his offensive rants, sooner or later.

Narz
Jan 24, 2011, 04:29 PM
I got a parking place in NYC tonight & there's no alternative side cleaning rule (don't have to move my car) on account of the snow.

cardgame
Jan 24, 2011, 04:50 PM
On the topic of singing, I am an amazing singer. My friends love it when I sing.

They all get a lot of laughs out of it. No matter! I define that as success :p

Dumanios
Jan 24, 2011, 08:54 PM
Playin' Age of Imperialism as China and liberating Asia from the European Imperialist.

Going slower than was expected.

Camikaze
Jan 25, 2011, 03:29 AM
Yay for flights booked to and (perhaps more importantly) from Melbourne for slightly cheaper than I expected.

Cynovolans
Jan 25, 2011, 10:07 AM
:lol:

Search for "terrible music" on youtube, I'll give yall hint on what the first thing that pops up is.

"Now the party don't start til I walk in..."

Mango Elephant
Jan 25, 2011, 02:52 PM
lol that's funny, but everybody knows Ke$ha's a classy lady and her music is like listening to angels throw rocks in giant heavenly caverns.

Cynovolans
Jan 25, 2011, 03:44 PM
lol that's funny, but everybody knows Ke$ha's a classy lady

MANGO, she woke up in a bathtub and then said she was going to go brush her teeth with a bottle of Jack! Partying-alcoholics are not classy!

choxorn
Jan 25, 2011, 03:51 PM
lol that's funny, everybody knows Ke$ha's a trashy lady and her music is like listening to demons scratch rocks against blackboards in giant fiery brimstone caverns.

Couldn't agree more.

Mango Elephant
Jan 25, 2011, 04:07 PM
Couldn't agree more.

It appears you edited my post. I am ashamed of you.

MANGO, she woke up in a bathtub and then said she was going to go brush her teeth with a bottle of Jack! Partying-alcoholics are not classy!

I think they are.

choxorn
Jan 25, 2011, 04:16 PM
It appears you edited my post. I am ashamed of you.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Uc2suQSWMX4/TBZJVg2soKI/AAAAAAAACU8/-BG9D-LAcSQ/s1600/captain_obvious.jpg

Zack
Jan 25, 2011, 04:37 PM
Couldn't agree more.

Relevant. (http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1935457)

ZeletDude
Jan 25, 2011, 04:40 PM
3 Day weekend coming up. :D
In other news last weekend was a debate tournament and my partner and I got 3-2. :)

Mango Elephant
Jan 25, 2011, 04:57 PM
Nevermind

_random_
Jan 25, 2011, 04:59 PM
I feel sick.

classical_hero
Jan 25, 2011, 04:59 PM
That pun has been tried many times before and it is often deleted by the mods. I know since I have tried it before.

@random how is that a rave?

aimeeandbeatles
Jan 25, 2011, 05:03 PM

I think it was posted in the wrong thread

ZeletDude
Jan 25, 2011, 05:05 PM
Nevermind

Tell me, I am curious to what you were going to say :lol:

Ajidica
Jan 25, 2011, 05:05 PM
In other news last weekend was a debate tournament and my partner and I got 3-2.
What type and what topic?
A couple of my friends do public forum. I think their last topic was either how cyberbullying should be punished or whether Park51 should be built.

_random_
Jan 25, 2011, 05:06 PM
That pun has been tried many times before and it is often deleted by the mods. I know since I have tried it before.

Wrong thread. :hammer2:

ZeletDude
Jan 25, 2011, 05:07 PM
What type and what topic?
A couple of my friends do public forum. I think their last topic was either how cyberbullying should be punished or whether Park51 should be built.

It was Public Forum and it was "Plea Bargaining undermines the Criminal Justice System" or some such...

Ajidica
Jan 25, 2011, 05:27 PM
It was Public Forum and it was "Plea Bargaining undermines the Criminal Justice System" or some such...
Cool. One of my friends wrote about that for her research paper.

classical_hero
Jan 25, 2011, 05:29 PM
Tell me, I am curious to what you were going to say :lol:

I know what he said and he deleted it because of what I said. Unfortunately it will get deleted by the mods so it cannot be said here. :(

My rave is that it is Australia day so it is a public holiday here. :D

Mango Elephant
Jan 25, 2011, 05:45 PM
Oh snap! Season 4 of the Jersey Shore is going to be in Italy!

I like Jwoww, I think she's hawt.

http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/jersey-shore-will-spend-season-4-in-italy--2176

choxorn
Jan 25, 2011, 06:07 PM
Jersey Shore is even more of an abomination than Ke$ha. Begone, ye vile Jersey Shore liker!

Mango Elephant
Jan 25, 2011, 06:26 PM
Ur just jealous that Snooki and Ronnie and even Vinnie are more tan than you are.

choxorn
Jan 25, 2011, 06:26 PM
Why the hell would I want to look like an Oompa Loompa?

Mango Elephant
Jan 25, 2011, 06:27 PM
Why the hell wouldn't you?

choxorn
Jan 25, 2011, 06:29 PM
And, Mango Elephant proves definitively that there is such a thing as a stupid question.

Mango Elephant
Jan 25, 2011, 06:31 PM
If it's stupid than why won't you answer it???

Because you wish you had Sammi's perfect skin!

choxorn
Jan 25, 2011, 06:32 PM
I absolutely don't want to look like that, it just looks... *shudders*

Mango Elephant
Jan 25, 2011, 06:34 PM
Well, people have always been afraid of things that are cooler than they are, so whatever.

classical_hero
Jan 25, 2011, 06:41 PM
Orange is not a skin colour.

Zack
Jan 25, 2011, 07:56 PM
Ur just jealous that Snooki and Ronnie and even Vinnie are more tan than you are.
Why would anyone be jealous of anything about Snooki? :confused:

Cynovolans
Jan 25, 2011, 08:04 PM
Why would anyone be jealous of anything about Snooki? :confused:

I'm jealous that when she acts stupid she gets millions of dollars. People with an intelligence higher than the average bear are cursed!

aimeeandbeatles
Jan 25, 2011, 08:06 PM
Who the heck are all you people talking about? Sometimes I feel like Im stuck in a time bubble a few decades behind....

taillesskangaru
Jan 25, 2011, 08:11 PM
Don't worry, it's better if you don't know.

Heretic_Cata
Jan 25, 2011, 08:33 PM
Who the heck are all you people talking about? Sometimes I feel like Im stuck in a time bubble a few decades behind....
They're talking about her:
http://www.tmrzoo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/snooki-1.jpg
Note that she looks beter in the cartoon than in reality.

Ajidica
Jan 25, 2011, 08:50 PM
Jersey Shore. It is a pop culture hit on MTV that involved stupid Italian-American partiers that were tan, women with excessively large boobs, and muscular guys going to bars, getting in fights, getting drunk, having sex, and spending the next morning puking in the toilet.

Moving right along...... If you are a decade behind, at least you get Star Trek: The Next Generation rather then the crap we have now.

classical_hero
Jan 25, 2011, 09:33 PM

That explains your Petty obsession. :mischief:

Be glad you don't know what this is about, I just wish I never knew, but I unfortunately do know. It is basically "Reality TV" about orange people who are no oompa loopmas.

choxorn
Jan 25, 2011, 10:23 PM
It is basically "Reality TV" about orange people who are no oompa loopmas.

They are Oompa Loompas. At the very least, Snooki is.

Yared
Jan 25, 2011, 11:46 PM
http://americaisretarded.com/

Please, don't mind the name...

Zack
Jan 26, 2011, 06:42 AM
I'm jealous that when she acts stupid she gets millions of dollars. People with an intelligence higher than the average bear are cursed!

I meant the actual person, not her monies.

Dachs
Jan 26, 2011, 07:52 AM
YES

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

VICTORY IS MINE, YOU STUPID CLASS-DROPPING PIECE OF CRAP SCHOOL INTRANET

MIIIIIIIIINE :evil: :crazyeye: :D :D :D

Dachs
Jan 26, 2011, 07:54 AM
YES

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

VICTORY IS MINE, YOU STUPID CLASS-DROPPING PIECE OF CRAP SCHOOL INTRANET

MIIIIIIIIINE :evil: :crazyeye: :D :D :D
MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[party]

taillesskangaru
Jan 26, 2011, 08:05 AM
So... something good happened?

Yared
Jan 26, 2011, 08:13 AM
I finally got around to watching the RedLetterMedia review of Star Wars III.

So. Freaking. Spot. On.

Arakhor
Jan 26, 2011, 09:42 AM
Moving right along...... If you are a decade behind, at least you get Star Trek: The Next Generation rather then the crap we have now.
I'm afraid not. :( In 2001, even Voyager was ending.

Dachs
Jan 26, 2011, 10:23 AM
So... something good happened?
YES

:love:

_random_
Jan 26, 2011, 10:26 AM
YES

:love:

What, pray tell.

Dachs
Jan 26, 2011, 03:14 PM
I fixed a colossal cockup in my scheduling that could potentially have postponed graduation by a year and would have deprived me of an awesome once-in-a-blue-moon class with an awesome professor.

Of course, class was then canceled due to snow, I spent four hours shooting the breeze with a friend and eating (got entirely too full), and then wandered home in the snow while wearing just a hoodie. So the day balanced itself out fairly well.

Ajidica
Jan 26, 2011, 03:15 PM
I'm afraid not. :( In 2001, even Voyager was ending.
:blush:Apparently I added a decade to my decade.

EDIT:@Zach: Nice, but I have all 4 seasons of Farscape saved on my TIVO so that trumps TNG unfortunately.

Zack
Jan 26, 2011, 03:32 PM
I have seasons 3 - 7. :smug:

Mango Elephant
Jan 26, 2011, 07:31 PM
They're talking about her:
http://www.tmrzoo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/snooki-1.jpg
Note that she looks beter in the cartoon than in reality.

Well, that's an opinion, but this is a picture of Snooki in real life.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/12/13/alg_snooki_jersey_shore.jpg

She's not that hot, but she's really funny and acts like a hampster. I don't care if it's 'retarded' or not, I watch the show and like her.

Jersey Shore. It is a pop culture hit on MTV that involved stupid Italian-American partiers that were tan, women with excessively large boobs, and muscular guys going to bars, getting in fights, getting drunk, having sex, and spending the next morning puking in the toilet.

Yeah, that's what it's about.

SS-18 ICBM
Jan 26, 2011, 07:49 PM
Acid-fast stain worked with an expected + result for Mycobacterium smegmatis even though the bacterial smear was so thin to the point of being invisible.

cardgame
Jan 26, 2011, 07:54 PM
I discovered Oomph!

Zack
Jan 26, 2011, 07:56 PM
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/12/13/alg_snooki_jersey_shore.jpg

She's not that hot
Understatement.

Cynovolans
Jan 26, 2011, 07:57 PM
OMG! NICKI MINAJ'S MUSIC VIDEO(FOR MOMENT 4 LIFE) DEBUTS TOMORROW ON MTV!!

uhh, that didn't sound disturbing in my mind.

aimeeandbeatles
Jan 27, 2011, 08:59 AM
I hope somebody likes this... (http://www.mediafire.com/?xy3hl5y9x1ol5yz)

Cynovolans
Jan 27, 2011, 06:07 PM
OMG! NICKI MINAJ'S MUSIC VIDEO(FOR MOMENT 4 LIFE) DEBUTS TOMORROW ON MTV!!

AND IT WAS AMAZING!

But they cut the interview with Nicki, for some show called Teen Moms!?! :mad:

_random_
Jan 27, 2011, 06:34 PM
That was a fantastic episode of Community.

Mango Elephant
Jan 27, 2011, 07:28 PM
AND IT WAS AMAZING!

But they cut the interview with Nicki, for some show called Teen Moms!?! :mad:

That's horrible! Teen Moms is dumb anyways.

Cynovolans
Jan 27, 2011, 07:39 PM
That's horrible! Teen Moms is dumb anyways.

At least the full interview is on the internets.

Ajidica
Jan 27, 2011, 09:00 PM
We won at Mock Trial by over 30 points because the team we went against, Farmington was beyond incompetant.
In this round I was the expert witness for the defense and my cross examination was more of me leading the lawyer around because she was so bad.
When she stated that I am being paid to testify here in court I retorted, "So are you". Then when she stated that winning in this trial will burnish my reputation (she should have learned the lesson), I responded with "Your reputation as a prosecutor will also be burnished if you win".

classical_hero
Jan 28, 2011, 06:04 AM
We might get hit by a Cyclone n Sunday. It will be only a cat 1 so it won't be too strong, but it will be the first I have seen one hit this far south and this far west. Unfortunately for us it seems it will be more of a wind event than a rain event for us, since we need plenty of rain.

west india man
Jan 28, 2011, 11:57 AM
A cyclone is a rave? :eek:

Also, if my hilarious RE class had gone on for another hour, there probably would have been a popular revolt against the teacher! :D

madviking
Jan 28, 2011, 11:58 AM
Rave: Al Jazeera's live feed.

_random_
Jan 28, 2011, 01:56 PM
True Grit was awesome. I might pop in our Unforgiven and Outlaw Josey Wales DVD's and have a little western day.

Joecoolyo
Jan 28, 2011, 02:59 PM
True Grit was awesome. I might pop in our Unforgiven and Outlaw Josey Wales DVD's and have a little western day.

:goodjob:

classical_hero
Jan 28, 2011, 03:57 PM
A cyclone is a rave? :eek:

At worst it is going to be a weak cyclone if one at all, plus this sort of thing rarely happens this far south, so it is something to get excited about.

Mango Elephant
Jan 28, 2011, 07:38 PM
True Grit was awesome.

Yup, it sure was.

madviking
Jan 28, 2011, 07:44 PM
I just saw True Grit...it was good, but not 'awesome' IMO.

DroopyTofu
Jan 28, 2011, 08:43 PM
That was a fantastic episode of Community.

I just saw it. It was very good. Poor Cheng. :lol:

Dumanios
Jan 28, 2011, 09:20 PM
I'm hooked on Code Geass.

Cynovolans
Jan 28, 2011, 09:21 PM
I'm hooked on Code Geass.

As everyone should be.

DroopyTofu
Jan 29, 2011, 12:07 PM
Wednesday, it was snowing, and an area about an hour north of here got 7 inches of snow. Four days later, it's up in the 70's (F). I love this weather. I haven't felt this good running in forever. It's just so awesome! :woohoo:

Shekwan
Jan 29, 2011, 01:19 PM
Taught my first practice class in English this week.

Already feeling this teaching thing won't be all that difficult. :D

aimeeandbeatles
Jan 29, 2011, 07:04 PM
I found this funny thing (http://thesurrealist.co.uk/song.php?word=Tom+Petty) that replaces words in lyrics with words of your choice with funny results. Try it out :lol:

_random_
Jan 29, 2011, 07:11 PM
I found this funny thing (http://thesurrealist.co.uk/song.php?word=Tom+Petty) that replaces words in lyrics with words of your choice with funny results. Try it out :lol:

"I went down, down, down, and the boobies went higher." That really made me appreciate the genius of Johnny Cash in a different light.

Dachs
Jan 29, 2011, 07:15 PM
I burst out laughing uncontrollably when I saw the first thing it generated for me:

http://i.imgur.com/JXvJj.png

Arakhor
Jan 29, 2011, 07:24 PM
I clicked on the auto-lyrics button loads of times and I never got Barbie Girl! :D

Dachs
Jan 29, 2011, 07:30 PM
Neither did I. I did get Material Girl, though.

MagisterCultuum
Jan 29, 2011, 07:31 PM
Imagine there's no Go'auld.
It's easy if you try.

Cynovolans
Jan 29, 2011, 08:04 PM

OMG, that website was made for milkshake.

#1 out of all of them.

DroopyTofu
Jan 29, 2011, 08:09 PM
"Imagine there's no Mutant Song Lyric Quiz; it's easy if you try" :lol:

'Take a sad oppresive, communist government and make it better.'

"I'm not trying to cause a big sensation,
I'm just talkin' 'bout my oppresive, communist government."

My favorite so far: "I kissed an oppresive, communist government and I liked it."

"Here in my nuclear fallout, I feel safest of all"

Cynovolans
Jan 29, 2011, 08:10 PM
"Imagine there's no Mutant Song Lyric Quiz; it's easy if you try" :lol:

I got that one, only with Snooki instead.

Zack
Jan 29, 2011, 08:12 PM
I win.

http://i.imgur.com/mjHbh.png

choxorn
Jan 29, 2011, 08:36 PM
"I'm not trying to cause a big sensation,
I'm just talkin' 'bout my Death Star."

"And you may find yourself behind the wheel of a large Death Star."

"There must be an angel playing with my Sandvich."

"We don't need no education,
We don't need no SPARTAAA!!!! control."

"You know that we are living in a SPARTAAA!!!! world
and I am a SPARTAAA!!!! girl."

DroopyTofu
Jan 29, 2011, 08:42 PM
I just got a correct lyric! "I'm just a hunk, a hunk of burning love. Just a hunk, a hunk of burning love."

Joecoolyo
Jan 29, 2011, 10:22 PM
I thought this was pretty good.

http://i.imgur.com/Ft065.png

EDIT: This one works too. :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/eKbPF.png

Yared
Jan 30, 2011, 02:19 AM
http://gyazo.com/a5f936193b70a342554032cfade1cd90.png

BTW guys download Gyazo :) It's like print screen + easy croping + automatic imgur all put together.

Newbunkle
Jan 30, 2011, 04:04 AM
Imagine there's no Tory.
It's easy if you try.

If only!

Who needs a Tory when a Tory can be broken?

Good point!

Here in my Tory,
I feel safest of all.

I'm not sure about that one, lol.

A little less Tory, a little more action please.

OMG, how does it know!!??

Young man, there's no need to feel Tory.

LOL

It's close to midnight and something evil's lurking in the Tory.

I think that goes without saying.

This website's too addictive - it should be its own thread.

Edit: LOL

You spin me right 'round, baby,
'right round like a Muppet, baby.

west india man
Jan 30, 2011, 05:41 AM
I'm just a hunk, a hunk of burning WIM
Just a hunk, a hunk of burning WIM.

Aaaah, I'm on fire! :run:

Newbunkle
Jan 30, 2011, 06:11 AM
"A little less masterbation, a little more action please."

west india man
Jan 30, 2011, 07:05 AM
EU3: Complete takes WAAAAAAAAAAAAY less time to download than EU3 vanilla! :eek:

aimeeandbeatles
Jan 30, 2011, 07:10 AM
Oh dear.

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/705/ohdear.png

EDIT: How true.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/2816/howtrue.png

_random_
Jan 30, 2011, 11:59 AM
I win.

http://i.imgur.com/mjHbh.png

You do.

Yared
Jan 30, 2011, 12:36 PM
Obviously Aimee won.

Dachs
Jan 30, 2011, 01:00 PM
BTW guys download Gyazo :) It's like print screen + easy croping + automatic imgur all put together.
Obviously I didn't want to crop the image, or I would have. :p

west india man
Jan 30, 2011, 02:31 PM
The only one who could ever reach me
was the son of a CFC man.

Who's son was it?

Arakhor
Jan 30, 2011, 02:34 PM
Preacher man! :)

Dachs
Jan 30, 2011, 03:29 PM
I've re-addicted myself to the king of Darker and Edgier sequel games (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic_II:_The_Sit h_Lords).

Zack
Jan 30, 2011, 03:34 PM
And Wookieepedia?

Dachs
Jan 30, 2011, 03:36 PM
No, wikis aren't addicting, especially not ones to which I intermittently contribute.

Newbunkle
Jan 30, 2011, 03:56 PM

"I'm pickin' up good vibrations,
she's giving me AIDS."

Yeah, I'm addicted to this thing. I wish they'd add more lyrics though.

aimeeandbeatles
Jan 30, 2011, 04:01 PM
Obviously Aimee won.

How did I do that?

Abaddon
Jan 30, 2011, 04:03 PM
I am back! :D

NickyJ
Jan 30, 2011, 04:30 PM
On a similar note: Funny Translator (http://funnytranslator.com/translation)

The site's description:
Machine translations are useful for getting a general idea about what text written in a foreign language means. However, "general idea" isn't exactly accurate; the translator literally translates (word for word) the text which often results in grammatically incorrect, if not completely incoherent, text. We've developed Funny Translator! to show just how funny things can get. Enter any text in English then click "Translate!" to start. The program translates the text back and forth using Google Translate, then displays the final English translation.

My first one:
Original text:

"So what do you think, Civilization fanatics?"

...56 translations later we get:

"I am your friend know what you want?."

cardgame
Jan 30, 2011, 05:04 PM
tvtropes is addictive though...

Communisto
Jan 30, 2011, 05:08 PM
"I'm pickin' up good vibrations,
she's giving me AIDS."

Yeah, I'm addicted to this thing. I wish they'd add more lyrics though.

Take on AIDS, take AIDS on
I'll be gone
in a day or two.

Joecoolyo
Jan 30, 2011, 05:18 PM
Chicago Forecast Tuesday Night into Wednesday: 16-22 inches of snow possible, blizzard conditions likely

:popcorn:

Dachs
Jan 30, 2011, 05:19 PM
tvtropes is addictive though...
Only to the weak-minded.

http://www.thegreatilluminator.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/obi-wan.jpg

Cynovolans
Jan 30, 2011, 06:12 PM
Chicago Forecast Tuesday Night into Wednesday: 16-22 inches of snow possible, blizzard conditions likely

:popcorn:

This time it better reach North Carolina, though it's been like 65 degrees lately, thought spring had already come.

Joecoolyo
Jan 30, 2011, 07:10 PM
Doubt it, this system is moving towards the northeast, and will be to the south of Chicago once it hits us (which is why we're getting so much snow). So, by the time it reaches North Carolina's longitude, it should be waaay up north by New York, or even Maine.

At least that's regarding the snowfall system, another system coming out of the northwest is supposed to bring a large coldsnap with it, and might reach you. Not totally sure about that one though, all I know is that's whats going to make it a blizzard where I live, since its arrival coincides with the arrival of the snow system, creating a very tight corridor between them, in which the winds will kick up crazily.

Dumanios
Jan 30, 2011, 07:49 PM
I changed my avatar.

Yared
Jan 31, 2011, 10:15 AM
How did I do that?

Your pics were funny? :p

-

Rave:

Except for it being my birthday to day, a good female friend of mine told me that a friend of her's (whom I met on Saturday) said I was manly, good looking and nice.

Made me happy :)

Edit:

Rave2:

I've gotten +150 congratulations on Facebook, and I keep getting more. :) Feels good.

Joecoolyo
Jan 31, 2011, 03:16 PM
People in English class really seemed enamored with a story/essay I wrote.

feelsgoodman.jpg

west india man
Jan 31, 2011, 03:48 PM
EU3: HttT is ridiculously addictive.

Japanrocks12
Jan 31, 2011, 03:49 PM
Except for it being my birthday to day, a good female friend of mine told me that a friend of her's (whom I met on Saturday) said I was manly, good looking and nice.

Best of luck! :D

Joecoolyo
Jan 31, 2011, 03:51 PM
EU3: HttT is ridiculously addictive.

Welcome to the addiction :evil:

Don't expect it to go away for another good 3-4 months.

Have fun! :wavey:

west india man
Jan 31, 2011, 03:54 PM
I've had urges to play IN (HttT wasn't installed, yet) at school today. EU3: Complete went on my computer yesterday. :shifty:

DroopyTofu
Jan 31, 2011, 04:14 PM
I convinced a class of high schoolers that it should be leagal for their parents to install tracking devices into them without their knowledge or consent.

cardgame
Jan 31, 2011, 04:16 PM
Weather.com has some nice headlines that are scaring a friend of mine to death n.n

really
Jan 31, 2011, 04:36 PM
Just back from a pub quiz - we didn't make fools of ourselves.

aimeeandbeatles
Jan 31, 2011, 05:35 PM
Wow oh wow. You can't make this sort of stuff up. But I can't post it. :(

Joecoolyo
Jan 31, 2011, 05:49 PM
Weather.com has some nice headlines that are scaring a friend of mine to death n.n

Weather.com is crap.

If you want real forecasts, the government site is so much better. (weather.gov)

_random_
Jan 31, 2011, 05:54 PM
Weather.com is crap.

If you want real forecasts, the government site is so much better. (weather.gov)

I'd link to another website popular among Fiftychatters, but I think I'll avoid infraction today.

Joecoolyo
Jan 31, 2011, 05:57 PM
I'd link to another website popular among Fiftychatters, but I think I'll avoid infraction today.

(PM me ;))

Zack
Jan 31, 2011, 06:08 PM
Weather.com is crap.

Weather.gov has an awful interface.

Joecoolyo
Jan 31, 2011, 06:34 PM
Weather.gov has an awful interface.

Actually, I find it much more readable then the cluttered weather.com.

(plus the weather story's are a really nice touch :))

taillesskangaru
Jan 31, 2011, 07:18 PM
I've had urges to play IN (HttT wasn't installed, yet) at school today. EU3: Complete went on my computer yesterday. :shifty:

Get Divine Wind.

Earthling
Jan 31, 2011, 07:24 PM
German dub of Wrath of Khan actually captures a surprising good mood, so not even disappointed I couldn't find an English version or shorter clip.

cardgame
Jan 31, 2011, 07:32 PM
PM me some of whatever you're PMing around, I want in! :p

_random_
Feb 01, 2011, 04:07 AM
School's closed!

Newbunkle
Feb 01, 2011, 05:14 AM
Wow oh wow. You can't make this sort of stuff up. But I can't post it. :(

You're such a tease.

Dumanios
Feb 01, 2011, 05:35 AM
No School Today!

taillesskangaru
Feb 01, 2011, 07:21 AM
Wonderful, wonderful cool change.

Zack
Feb 01, 2011, 07:47 AM
No school!

aimeeandbeatles
Feb 01, 2011, 07:56 AM
You're such a tease.

Its nothing thats NSFW.

madviking
Feb 01, 2011, 07:56 AM
I still have no school. :p

CivGeneral
Feb 01, 2011, 09:58 AM
I'm not sure if no school is a rave if you have to truck a 30 min drive in the ice n snow to find out that the courses are canceled for that day :p.

Zack
Feb 01, 2011, 10:00 AM
It's on the website. ;)

Joecoolyo
Feb 01, 2011, 02:32 PM
No school tomorrow! :woohoo:

Yared
Feb 01, 2011, 03:05 PM
No school on Thursday and Friday! :D

Also, I'm having friends over on Friday for a movie night (Friday and Jarhead - two iconic movies among my friends and I). First time in a while that I'm having friends over, let alone this many.

aimeeandbeatles
Feb 01, 2011, 03:12 PM
Some of my own posts (in A&E) are showing up in Google Alerts. This amuses me.

Martacus
Feb 01, 2011, 04:37 PM
Made a dish of braised fennel (AKA Anise) the other night. Delicious. Also strange, as I cannot stand black licorice.

Also I get to stay home from work tonight due to the big snowstorm with which we're presently being hit. I get paid for my time.

Zack
Feb 01, 2011, 05:21 PM
No school tomorrow either! :dance:

Mango Elephant
Feb 01, 2011, 05:22 PM
How come none of y'all have school?

Zack
Feb 01, 2011, 05:23 PM
Icy snow, bad road conditions (for Texas, at least).

Cynovolans
Feb 01, 2011, 05:24 PM
I think its cuz of that huge blizzard that will dance around North Carolina.

edit: ninja'd

cardgame
Feb 01, 2011, 05:29 PM

Because of this: http://s.imwx.com/img/images/news/january/widespread-snow-13111-453x340.jpg

Joecoolyo
Feb 01, 2011, 05:47 PM

(2 feet of snow is hard to drive in)

Mango Elephant
Feb 01, 2011, 05:51 PM
(2 feet of snow is hard to drive in)

I thought y'all yankees could strap on some stuff on your tires and drive through any ungodly amount of snow. I wish we had the winter storm down here. :cry: Ice sucks but really, no school!

aimeeandbeatles
Feb 01, 2011, 06:17 PM
I thought y'all yankees could strap on some stuff on your tires and drive through any ungodly amount of snow. I wish we had the winter storm down here. :cry: Ice sucks but really, no school!

Eh, even Canadians can't do that most of the time.

mythmonster2
Feb 01, 2011, 06:24 PM
Bluh, all we got was a lotta cold. But hey, potential snow here on Friday!

Huayna Capac357
Feb 01, 2011, 06:26 PM
No school! :woohoo:

aimeeandbeatles
Feb 01, 2011, 06:45 PM
This quote:
"He can play anything with strings on it except a fiddle. He tried to for a while, and it was really painful hearing it.

Joecoolyo
Feb 01, 2011, 08:50 PM

Those things have been illegal for quite some time now :p

Then tend to tear up the roads.

Mango Elephant
Feb 02, 2011, 06:05 AM
Really? Than how come y'all have to go to school in the dead of winter with a lot of snow and we don't usually?

_random_
Feb 02, 2011, 07:33 AM
Really? Than how come y'all have to go to school in the dead of winter with a lot of snow and we don't usually?

Because we have to conserve our allotted snow days. Unlike southerners, we know how to drive in snow if we have to.

Communisto
Feb 02, 2011, 08:36 AM
The snow looks really nice this morning

Bill3000
Feb 02, 2011, 09:45 AM
Just got accepted into one of the physics graduate programs I applied to!

Joecoolyo
Feb 02, 2011, 10:38 AM

Because most of the time, the snow plows can clear off the roads before school begins. But in this case, with the snow coming down at about 3 inches per hour, they just kinda gave up :)

EDIT: Also what random said

Dachs
Feb 02, 2011, 10:38 AM
Just got accepted into one of the physics graduate programs I applied to!
:goodjob:

Which one?

Kennigit
Feb 02, 2011, 12:15 PM
Apparently I got partial credit on a multiple choice question for the one that I missed (my modern physics--physics III, post emag-- class has weekly quizzes)

Dunno how that happens but yesssssssssss. On the second quiz the professor also made a mistake and everyone got full credit on one of the problems. Yessssss.

And apparently other people are doing bad on the quizzes 'cuz I'm high up on the class curve. Yesssssss.

edit- congrats bill! grad school is definitely impressive. Hopefully I can have a rave like that in a couple of years.

Joecoolyo
Feb 02, 2011, 03:09 PM
Woohoo! School's closed again tomorrow! I don't think I've ever had a double snow-day before!

choxorn
Feb 02, 2011, 04:02 PM
Because we have to conserve our allotted snow days. Unlike southerners, we know how to drive in snow if we have to.

You forgot to mention Northwesterners, we're absolutely horrible at driving in the snow.

Woohoo! School's closed again tomorrow! I don't think I've ever had a double snow-day before!

Really? I get them about once a year, and even have had a couple of triple snow days. And to think I was starting to get jealous of you guys. :D

Joecoolyo
Feb 02, 2011, 04:11 PM
Really? I get them about once a year, and even have had a couple of triple snow days. And to think I was starting to get jealous of you guys. :D

Well, unlike the northwest, we tend to get a lot of snow here. So much in fact, that the only way to actually stop Chicagoans from doing anything is dump a couple feet of snow on us. Which of course, rarely happens.

Ceoladir
Feb 02, 2011, 04:22 PM
Why is every other damn thread in OT about Egypt now!

Zack
Feb 02, 2011, 04:26 PM
Methinks you posted in the wrong thread!

Zack
Feb 02, 2011, 04:38 PM
No school again!!! :dance:

First double snow day ever for me, let alone triple!

cardgame
Feb 02, 2011, 04:42 PM
hah. I got out for a week last ice storm, back in '07

Ceoladir
Feb 02, 2011, 04:56 PM
Meh, I do have a snow day, but I really don't care.

Virote_Considon
Feb 02, 2011, 06:25 PM
Made roast lamb. It was good :D

_random_
Feb 02, 2011, 06:44 PM
You forgot to mention Northwesterners, we're absolutely horrible at driving in the snow.

I believe it, but most of what I've heard comes from the account of my parents of the one time an snowstorm hit Ft Worth and the insanity that ensued.

Mango Elephant
Feb 02, 2011, 07:21 PM

Snow isn't a problem, it's the ice. :cringe:

cardgame
Feb 02, 2011, 07:24 PM
Maybe 2 inches of precip here, tops.

I can walk on top of it, barely making any footprint at all. That's how compact/icy it is. I jump as high as I can and don't sink in.

DroopyTofu
Feb 02, 2011, 09:31 PM
No school again!!! :dance:

First double snow day ever for me, let alone triple!

A few weeks ago I got four days out, and it only snowed about three inches. Congratulations on getting two whole days for a blizzard! :lol:

Dumanios
Feb 02, 2011, 09:35 PM
School's closed again!

3 in a row!

Ceoladir
Feb 02, 2011, 09:39 PM
Man, ya'll are snow pansies. :p

aimeeandbeatles
Feb 03, 2011, 06:42 AM
Listening to a random track off the Live Anthology. (Note I hadnt read the liner notes before.) I went "Hmmm. Wonder what year this is. Sounds like 1981 I think." Looked at the liner notes. I was right. :dubious: Simply from listening to the song.

SS-18 ICBM
Feb 03, 2011, 07:09 AM
University's back to normal operations, and with splendid weather to boot.

Yared
Feb 03, 2011, 07:18 AM
It's all sunny outside.

Zack
Feb 03, 2011, 09:00 AM
A few weeks ago I got four days out, and it only snowed about three inches. Congratulations on getting two whole days for a blizzard! :lol:

No, this is the third day in a row from icy roads. There's not much snow.

madviking
Feb 03, 2011, 10:21 AM
Raves: Dayquil and Advil are great, and my weight is stabilizing. Awesome.

aimeeandbeatles
Feb 03, 2011, 12:25 PM
Holey crap. The word "love" is stretched out over 4 seconds. :dubious: I can barely manage 2 before running out of air.

Kennigit
Feb 03, 2011, 02:09 PM
Super meat boy is a great game.

Zack
Feb 03, 2011, 03:20 PM
Quadruple... :lol:

_random_
Feb 03, 2011, 03:41 PM
I didn't get a snow day today; I got a one hour delay, which did absolutely nothing, since I had a study hall first period. During my first class, the heat was off, so I was freezing my ass off, but I figured I'd get to go home later like all the public schools. They finally managed to fix the heat just before they would have announced cancellation, and my optimism resulted in me neglecting to study my vocabulary for Latin.
Edit: Damnit.

Ceoladir
Feb 03, 2011, 03:44 PM
Icy roads don't stop us up here, you people seriously need to learn to drive. :p

mythmonster2
Feb 03, 2011, 03:52 PM
A legit rave here: NO SCHOOL TOMORROW! SNOW DAY! Yessssssss!

west india man
Feb 03, 2011, 04:00 PM
I <3 80s music.

cardgame
Feb 03, 2011, 10:10 PM
6 day weekend :3