View Full Version : Food Economy - Tradable Bonus Resources

Deep_Blue
Dec 26, 2010, 04:40 PM
I am working on a large Mod and this is the first component I finished, long time is still needed for my final mod to be finished (I work on it in my spare time after work, so the progress is slow), however I decided to release the first component of my mod which is Food Economy.

Food Economy (V2)

This mod is a total rework for Bonus Resources in the game which are currently useless and give nothing but small yield on the tile of the resource. This mod aims to enhance bonus resources to be more useful and to have impact on the game.

Basically this mod applies enhancements to current Bonus resources, and make Bonus resources tradable.

1. Enhanced Bonus Resources:

Food Resources give +1 :c5food: Food in each city that has a granary, this bonus is not on the food resource tile but is empire wide bonus.
If you have 10 cities with Granary then obtaining 1 Wheat will result in +1 :c5food: food in 10 cities, this is a total +10 :c5food: food to your empire which is as powerful as being an ally with a maritime city state.

Changes:

Granary Building:

Stores 25% :c5food: Food in city after growth instead of +2 :c5food:.
Receives:
+1 :c5food: Food from at least 1 http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=276931&d=1293398195 , http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=276932&d=1293398195 , http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=276933&d=1293398195 , http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=276934&d=1293398228 , http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=276935&d=1293398385 or http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=276936&d=1293398385 connected anywhere in your empire.

On first bonus resource connected a penalty is applied: Double cost on next policy.
Penalty is only on first Bonus Resource connection and for one time only, after that you can connect as many resources with no penalty. This is to encourage player to connect a bonus resource as soon as possible because the penalty will be low at early stages (where policy costs are still below 100 culture).

Screen Shots:
Here is an example of a small empire:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=276967&stc=1&d=1293410227

Granary bonuses in the Capital:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=276969&d=1293410211

Here a distant city receives same bonuses:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=276968&d=1293410211

2. Bonus resources are now Tradable:

In this mod food resources are made tradable, this will add a strategic importance to food resources, and applies the idea of importing/exporting food between civilizations.

Highlights:

Added Bonus Resources to trade table.
Gold value of Bonus Resources are set to about 50% of luxury resources value.
AIs will trade Bonus Resources actively between each other.
When you buy a Food Resource from the AI you will immediately receive +:c5food: in your cities.

Screen Shots:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=276970&stc=1&d=1293410227
http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=276971&stc=1&d=1293410227
---------------------------

Compatibility:

Game Version: 1.0.1.141

This mod is not compatible with any mod that modifies:

TopPanel.lua
CityView.lua
TradeLogic.lua
Diplotrade.xml
DiploCurrentDeals.xml

Notes
This mod uses SaveUtils.lua (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=9799583)

Download Link (http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=16258)

Deep_Blue
Dec 26, 2010, 04:41 PM
Version History

Version 2.0

Discovered and fixed a bug where player data is lost in saved games.

Added SaveUtils.lua to the mod to save/load player data.

Tuned the script to only save data when data is changed to improve performance.

Civanator
Dec 26, 2010, 06:25 PM
Wow just today I started working on something like this. I thought to myself that food resources are useless, and how I would like to be able to have a city with 3 fish feed a city with no food bonuses around, because I play with no city-states

Now if you trade a food resource away, does that mean you can no longer receive bonuses from it? I assume not, but just wondering anyway.

So +1 internets for you on doing this.
Oh and the screenshots aren't showing up, unless they just haven't been uploaded yet.

Deep_Blue
Dec 26, 2010, 06:41 PM
Wow just today I started working on something like this. I thought to myself that food resources are useless, and how I would like to be able to have a city with 3 fish feed a city with no food bonuses around, because I play with no city-states

So this mod is a good news for you :D

Now if you trade a food resource away, does that mean you can no longer receive bonuses from it? I assume not, but just wondering anyway.

Food resources are treated in same way as luxuries, if you have 1 Fish or 5 fish you will receive only +1 Food, now if you trade 4 fish and still has 1 left you still receive +1 food, if you trade away all your fish you get +0 food.

If you have all 6 types of food resources then you will get +6 food in all cities with granary.

Deep_Blue
Dec 26, 2010, 06:45 PM
Oh and the screenshots aren't showing up, unless they just haven't been uploaded yet.

I fixed that are they showing now??

cf_nz
Dec 26, 2010, 06:50 PM
Excellent, I've also been toying with this sort of idea. Looking for to giving it a try.

Civanator
Dec 26, 2010, 06:51 PM
If you'd like help on the larger modpack I'd be happy to volunteer my time. It'll also give me more motivation to learn LUA scripting.

And yes the screenshots are showing now :)

killmeplease
Dec 27, 2010, 01:37 AM
Hello!
Great mod :goodjob:
I have pretty the same mod, but it's unfinished yet.
The idea is to make resource-consuming buildings that give food.

In my mod, granary consumes 2 wheat and gives +10 food.
Same buildings can be created for some other resourses.

Decimatus
Dec 27, 2010, 02:02 AM
Great looking mod. :)

If you don't mind, I may at some point try and integrate it in with my own project. :)

Hello!
Great mod :goodjob:
I have pretty the same mod, but it's unfinished yet.

I am also going to add some bonus/luxury resource consuming buildings sometime in the future. I wonder if consuming a bonus or luxury resource would remove the food or happiness bonus?

Deep_Blue
Dec 27, 2010, 04:40 AM
Great looking mod. :)

If you don't mind, I may at some point try and integrate it in with my own project. :)

the idea of mods is to contribute to modding community so I dont mind that (as long as you mention that you are using it), but It will not be easy to integrate with other mods because in my mod I used unusual methods (may conflict with other mods) which added a level of complexity that is unnecessary but I am forced to it because no other way with the current SDK.

Deep_Blue
Dec 27, 2010, 04:43 AM

Good luck in your mod, but try to balance the food bonus, +10 food from 2 Wheat is too much IMO. Test it in the game to see the effect.

Deep_Blue
Dec 27, 2010, 04:47 AM
If you'd like help on the larger modpack I'd be happy to volunteer my time. It'll also give me more motivation to learn LUA scripting.

Thanks ! but unfortunately it will not be easy to coordinate the project using emails and messages.

Deep_Blue
Dec 27, 2010, 02:23 PM
I forgot to include a method for saving players data, so in V1 player data will be lost in saved games and the mod may not work correctly.
I fixed this in V2 and added SaveUtils to the mod.

xxhe
Dec 27, 2010, 02:53 PM
A great job. The only concern is that the food bonus might be too much..

Sneaks
Dec 30, 2010, 04:30 PM
Questions:

Do allied city states grant you the food resources, and are they doubled by the Patronage policy that does as such?

Given the vast quantity of these resources in a given game, do you have plans to integrate other uses for the bonus resources? (Consumption buildings, unit requirement, etc)

Do you foresee any balance issues given the capacity for cities to start at +6 food after one building? I can already see this effectively nerfing maritimes, but helping ICS to a degree.

Deep_Blue
Dec 31, 2010, 03:44 AM
Do allied city states grant you the food resources, and are they doubled by the Patronage policy that does as such?

Yes you get food resources from allied city states (see screenshot below) . For policy that gives you double gifted resources it should do same for food resources but I am not sure about it.

screenshot
http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=277365&stc=1&d=1293787123

Given the vast quantity of these resources in a given game, do you have plans to integrate other uses for the bonus resources? (Consumption buildings, unit requirement, etc)

I dont like the idea of buildings consume resources, because this will end to be either overpowered (much better than the resource) or very weak (less beneficial that the resource).

Do you foresee any balance issues given the capacity for cities to start at +6 food after one building? I can already see this effectively nerfing maritimes, but helping ICS to a degree.

This mod was not intended to increase the growth of cities but was intended to enhance food resources and make them have impact on the game. ICS should be fixed in isolation from resources/improvement where there are many ways to fix ICS like using maintenance costs that increase with number of cities (like in PlayWithMe Mod by Alpaca).

About the balance issue, I feel the food bonuses are ok especially after the last game patch which nerfed maritime city states to +1 food per city. However if we feel that this needs more balancing then I am open to your suggestions.

I had some ideas for balancing:
1- Removing 25% food storage from Granary.
2- Slowing cities growth by increasing the Required Food amount for a city to grow by +4 food. (but this will widen the gap between civs with access to food resources and civs that have no food resources at all)

What do you think?

Aussie_Lurker
Jan 07, 2011, 08:43 PM
Hey there. I've been running into a bit of a problem re: trading of bonus resources. When I'm in the diplomacy screen, the Bonus Resource Option is definitely there, but I can never click on it (its always greyed out), & its telling me I have no bonus resources to trade-even though I *know* that I do. Can you think of a reason why this might be?

If it helps, I'm using Thal's Balance-Combined Mod & the City-State Diplomacy Mod. If that's the cause of the problem, then would I be able to ask if you'd consider merging them so that they'll be compatible in the future? Thanks in advance :).

Aussie.

Sneaks
Jan 07, 2011, 08:55 PM
Considering Thal's mod also edits the Granary, I would certainly worry about his mod possibly overriding some of this mod's files.

Deep_Blue
Jan 08, 2011, 03:22 AM
If it helps, I'm using Thal's Balance-Combined Mod & the City-State Diplomacy Mod. If that's the cause of the problem, then would I be able to ask if you'd consider merging them so that they'll be compatible in the future? Thanks in advance :).

Aussie.

I think the mods conflict between each other, try activating Food Economy alone and see if the problem still exists.

I am working on a large mod and food economy is the first component, in the final mod I will be adding some component from other mods like resources info panel. I will only merge small components that adds some utilities, but I don't plan to merge mods that adds or changes gameplay.

Anyway you can merge them by yourself, Edit the following files:
* TopPanel.lua
* CityView.lua
* TradeLogic.lua

Any changes I made in these files are labeled by "Modded by Deepblue". So it is easy to find the code to copy and paste.

cf_nz
Jan 08, 2011, 08:35 PM
FWIW it looks like there are compatibility issues with Info Adict as well. As far as I can tell there are two files in common, SaveUtils.lua (which is identical in each) and Diplotrade.xml.

Deep_Blue
Jan 09, 2011, 03:33 AM
FWIW it looks like there are compatibility issues with Info Adict as well. As far as I can tell there are two files in common, SaveUtils.lua (which is identical in each) and Diplotrade.xml.

Thanks I will update compatibility notes in first post.

orlanth
Jan 09, 2011, 02:59 PM
I love this idea Deep_Blue, it solves a major problem with useless resources and provides a great new mechanism for future mods to build off of. Personally I wouldn't think a policy penalty is needed though.

Do you think you could extend your mod to allow resources to give bonuses other than food? (e.g. to allow future mods to make changes such as: Temple + culture from connected Incense, Research Lab + science from connected Uranium, Theatre + gold from connected Dye, Ironworks + hammer from connected Coal, etc)

Deep_Blue
Jan 09, 2011, 03:17 PM
Do you think you could extend your mod to allow resources to give bonuses other than food? (e.g. to allow future mods to make changes such as: Temple + culture from connected Incense, Research Lab + science from connected Uranium, Theatre + gold from connected Dye, Ironworks + hammer from connected Coal, etc)

That can be done for sure, the problem is with balancing issues for example while I was doing this mod I had an idea to add +1 gold per luxury in market but then I thought it is too powerful so I didn't do that.

skodkim
Jan 12, 2011, 01:45 AM
Hi Deep_Blue

Let me just start of by saying that your mod looks really interesting and could possibly help with one of the major flaws of the game so far: the lack of flavour that was given to ressources. Good work :goodjob:

That being said I also like to play with a lot of other mods like Atilla's mod and Thallassicus' balance mods. Unfortunately a lot of your files conflict with those:

TradeLogic.lua - also in Atillas mod (v13)
TopPanel.lua - also in Atillas mod (v13)
Also in Unofficial Patch (v31)
DiploTrade.xml - also in InfoAddict (v10)

As I am no experienced modder I ask if you have any idea about how I can solve these conflicts. For example I can see that you're very good at commenting your changes (great work!!), so could I for example copy your modded lines into the corresponding files from the other mods (given that there are no changes to identical parameters/calls,...), delete the files from your mod library and make it work that way?

Hope you can help - My Civ V modding experience is not that great yet and its a bit different than Civ IV modding.

\Skodkim

Deep_Blue
Jan 12, 2011, 02:58 AM
That being said I also like to play with a lot of other mods like Atilla's mod and Thallassicus' balance mods. Unfortunately a lot of your files conflict with those:

TradeLogic.lua - also in Atillas mod (v13)
TopPanel.lua - also in Atillas mod (v13)
Also in Unofficial Patch (v31)
DiploTrade.xml - also in InfoAddict (v10)

I dont want to go and merge my mod with other mods and then republish other Modders mods without their permission to do that. However you can merge my mod by copy-paste modified lines in other mods and it will work with no problem.

could I for example copy your modded lines into the corresponding files from the other mods (given that there are no changes to identical parameters/calls,...), delete the files from your mod library and make it work that way?

yes.. merge duplicated lua files by copying my commented lines and keep other files.

Yakk
Jan 13, 2011, 10:57 AM
This seems ... large.

Is it per type of resource, or per resource?

Is there any chance to make it more closely duplicate the happiness effect -- a global food pool that is boosted by 5 for having a type of resource, plus 1 per duplicate, that is then shared over your cities?

Deep_Blue
Jan 13, 2011, 11:26 AM
This seems ... large.

Is it per type of resource, or per resource?

Is there any chance to make it more closely duplicate the happiness effect -- a global food pool that is boosted by 5 for having a type of resource, plus 1 per duplicate, that is then shared over your cities?

The bonus food is 1 Food per resource type in each city with granary. Global +5 food? where to distribute them and in which cities? you cant divide 5 food on 10 cities.

Yakk
Jan 14, 2011, 09:38 AM
The bonus food is 1 Food per resource type in each city with granary. Global +5 food? where to distribute them and in which cities? you cant divide 5 food on 10 cities.
Equally between cities, bias towards largest? (or, bias towards cities with worst food situation). There are lots of reasonable answers.

The point is that as written, the impact of this mod is quadratic on the size of your empire. And that just seems destabilizing.

skodkim
Jan 14, 2011, 10:00 AM
Hi

Just wanted to say that I started my first game using this mod today and so far it's a great addition to the game.

Good work!

\Skodkim

Deep_Blue
Jan 14, 2011, 10:16 AM
Equally between cities, bias towards largest? (or, bias towards cities with worst food situation). There are lots of reasonable answers.

The point is that as written, the impact of this mod is quadratic on the size of your empire. And that just seems destabilizing.

Try it first then give your recommendations. There are many ways to nerf this other than global food, in previous posts I suggested somethings that you didnt notice:

I had some ideas for balancing:
1- Removing 25% food storage from Granary.
2- Slowing cities growth by increasing the Required Food amount for a city to grow by +4 food.

in No.2 the bonuses from food are offset by increasing the amount of food required for a city to grow, this way keeping growth rate closer to normal and adding importance to Bonus Resources (civs with no access to Bonus Resources will grow slower).

but I dont feel that these are necessary I feel that the current bonuses are just fine. but please dont tell me otherwise before testing it in the game yourself.

thanks for your feedback.

killmeplease
Jan 14, 2011, 11:50 PM
how many food can granary give at maximum?
what resources are counted - bonus ones only or some of luxury (whales/elephants) too?
thanks

Deep_Blue
Jan 15, 2011, 08:37 AM
how many food can granary give at maximum?
what resources are counted - bonus ones only or some of luxury (whales/elephants) too?
thanks

granary give food for only Bonus Resources (wheat, cow, Deer, Banana, Fish, Sheep), the bonus food in granary is +1 per Bonus Resource Type so if you have all bonus resources you will receive maximum +6 food in granary (in each city).

henkepilsner
Jan 22, 2011, 03:15 AM
Great mod.
Is there any way to easily see if two mods isn't compatible? In my game the granary provides no food to the cities. Every thing else works just that the bonus doesn't apply.

Deep_Blue
Jan 22, 2011, 04:39 AM
Great mod.
Is there any way to easily see if two mods isn't compatible? In my game the granary provides no food to the cities. Every thing else works just that the bonus doesn't apply.

unfortunately you cant check if mods conflict between each other easily, it will be nice if the developers add a feature that report conflicts to moddbuddy.

To check if the mods are incompatible the only way is to see if there are duplicated lua files between the mods, for example if both mods use CityView.lua they will conflict between each other (see compatibility notes in my first post).

kane65
Jan 28, 2011, 12:28 PM
For me, when I improve a resource like fish, the happiness factor will increase by 3 for 1/2 second then go back to what it was before. Can you tell us what files you use that may conflict with others so we can see about merging them?

ed: My bad... should have read the initial post first. Ignore the question. It's a great mod but incompatible with too many mods.

Zyxpsilon
Mar 23, 2011, 12:22 AM
Any v1217 update planned... for LeoPaRd?

skodkim
Mar 23, 2011, 02:10 AM

Actually I'm running this mod with v1.217 with no problems. Should mention that it has been modded a bit so it works with Thals mods but otherwise it's the same.

Only thing that annoys me is that AI's never seem to A)approach me and offer deals with resources and B)always prefer instant gold payments instead of gold per turn deals (with huge risks of exploits) but I'm guessing both are out of reach for this mod as it would probably require dll changes.

Great mod - It brings a little bit of flavor back to non strategic/luxury resources.

\Skodkim

Deep_Blue
Mar 29, 2011, 08:57 PM

I do not plan to update this mod because it will be merged with another mod that I am planning to release.

Aussie_Lurker
Apr 22, 2011, 07:12 AM
What will the name of the new Mod be Deep Blue-so I can look out for it?

Also, is it at all possible to make food & luxury resources behave similar to strategic resources-i.e. have them come as units-or is that only going to be possible once the SDK comes out?

Aussie.

Deep_Blue
Apr 23, 2011, 09:26 AM
What will the name of the new Mod be Deep Blue-so I can look out for it?

Also, is it at all possible to make food & luxury resources behave similar to strategic resources-i.e. have them come as units-or is that only going to be possible once the SDK comes out?

Aussie.

I am not decided yet about the name of the mod. I will tell you when I finish it. it is 95% completed but I didnt work on it for more than 2 months because I was busy lately.

About the other question , yes you can assign quantity to luxury and bonus resources using simple xml modding, this was done by some mods you can find in the forums.

Aaroc
Apr 26, 2011, 02:22 PM
I've always wanted the ability to transfer food from on city to another, or even production from city to another (those I suppose the latter can kind of be done via rushbuying). I think I would prefer the method of having buildings that consume the resources rather than one that can be built in every single city. I think for this, though, I would have all the food resources go into one pool, and have the building pull from that pool, if possible. I think that would keep things a bit more balanced. Oh.. I guess that idea would be a lot like how corporations worked in Civ4.... or wait, not corps didn't consume resources did they? I definitely think for something like this to be balanced, it would either need to consume the food resources for the food boost, or have a bigger maintenance attached to it, like the Hospital.

helpless_writer
May 18, 2011, 07:33 AM
I dont want to go and merge my mod with other mods and then republish other Modders mods without their permission to do that. However you can merge my mod by copy-paste modified lines in other mods and it will work with no problem.

yes.. merge duplicated lua files by copying my commented lines and keep other files.

This works, but Japan keeps crashing after my trade is done with them. Usually after doing a open borders agreement.

killmeplease
Jun 23, 2011, 02:45 AM
Hello Deep Blue!
I have a question about your lua code.
What fake happiness and those strange policies are needed for?

skodkim
Jul 05, 2011, 08:28 AM
Hi

Love this mod and have been using it for a long time in a version merged with Infoaddict and Thals mods.

Since the latest patch it seems the mod breaks the trade opportunities though. No one has any desire to trade with me at all when I merge the mods. When I delete Food Economy I have no problems however.

Can anyone confirm that the mod is broke?

\Skodkim

PhoenixMuse
Jul 13, 2011, 09:47 PM
This sounds like an awesome mod. I don't want to bother with downloading it though if it's broken, which seems likely since the latest patch seems to have broken many mods.

Please update!!

Haravikk
Jul 18, 2011, 07:49 AM
I'm also interested to hear how this mod performs before risking it? I probably will wait till a new game anyway though.

One question I have; since these bonuses are civilisation-wide, are they dependent upon trade routes? The reason I ask is that it might make more sense if the bonus is only applied to cities that are connected to the source of the bonus, either by a chain of roads, or by harbours. It might even make sense to move the bonus for having fish to the harbour instead of the granary, as harbours are currently a bit of a poor upgrade most of the time right now.

For example, I have four cities, A, B, C, D. A is my capital, and connected to B by a road. C and D are connected to each other by road.
If C were to build a granary for a nearby source of wheat, then the bonus should only apply to cities C and D. Likewise if city B builds a granary for its cattle, then only A and B will receive a bonus. However, if I were to later connect the two pairs of cities by building harbours in B and C, then I will now receive the bonus for all of my cities.

I know it'd be a lot more complex to implement, assuming you haven't already, I dunno as I haven't tried it yet. But it would make a lot more sense, better rewarding focused, well-maintained civilisations, and discouraging satellite cities that are unconnected to their capital city.

BronzeAge1
Oct 26, 2011, 01:47 PM

CF_NZ, you are right, there is a conflict in the Diplotrade.xml files, but you can merge them by simply taking the InfoAdict last lines and attaching them to this ones in the same hierarchy level, then copy the file and replace it in both mods.

Great Mod by the way, definitely adds to the realism of the game.

Cheers,

skodkim
Oct 27, 2011, 01:32 AM
CF_NZ, you are right, there is a conflict in the Diplotrade.xml files, but you can merge them by simply taking the InfoAdict last lines and attaching them to this ones in the same hierarchy level, then copy the file and replace it in both mods.

Great Mod by the way, definitely adds to the realism of the game.

Cheers,

Have you tried this with success using the latest version of InfoAddict and CiV?

It used to work for me but at some point (after upgrading Info AddictCiV i think) I couldn't get it to work anymore. May just have been me making an error in the process but I abandoned the mod after that.

\Skodkim

meteora 888
Nov 01, 2011, 07:47 AM
I think I have an idea to improve food trade but it would loose the focus on bonus ressources and completely transform your mod: instead of trading the food ressource, lets trade food itself! We just need to add a Food Upkeep option in the city screen: as an exemple, if you choose to set it at 3, your city will loose 3 food per turn (be cautious with that...) but this food will be accumulated empire-wide like gold, science or culture intead of being consumed by a growing citizen. Then you can redistribute it to other cities of your choice or trade it with other empires. To make the bonus ressources more useful, we can simply increase their food yield. I think it would not be very hard in fact (if it is not easy I fear it would be totally impossible then...). What do you think of this?

aender
Jan 29, 2012, 10:46 PM
i've been using this mod for a bit now but recently discovered infoaddict and well these 2 mods dont play well with each other and it would be nice if this could be fixed, i'm gonna leave a note on that mods forum as well

NationalZombie
Mar 03, 2012, 09:09 PM
Hey deep_blue, i seem to be having with specialists in the city screen, it seems to be blank, and un able to choose where to place people in buildings...

I use a few mods..

Scouts and workers start,
Satalites reveal map,
R.E.D Mod pack,
Puppet City Visability,
Free Start,
Free Roads,
Big Balance Economy Mod,
Dale Kents Maps of the world,

I have tried to use this with all the mods and none of them Enabled... Any help would be appreatiated

Much Love Zombles

brasaelal
Mar 16, 2012, 04:40 PM
Is this mod compatible with 'Echoes of Ages' modpack?

helpless_writer
Jun 24, 2012, 03:44 PM
Please update this mod! It has been made incompatible with the updates and new expansion pack.

thadian
Jun 25, 2012, 12:49 AM
Bras - It sure is! However its not compatible with g+k or the mod-breaker patch that recently happened.

Ventessel
Jan 30, 2013, 09:11 AM
Has anyone figured out how to take the core concept of this mod (bonus resources as tradeable food sources) and make it compatible with Gods & Kings?

I'd like to incorporate the concept into a project I'm working on, and didn't want to duplicate efforts if someone already worked that one out.

kaspergm
Jan 30, 2013, 09:41 AM
Yeah, the overall concept of this mod was one of my favorites, even if there were some balancing issues. Too bad this no longer works.

Ventessel
Jan 30, 2013, 04:28 PM
I was considering just making the food resources into strategic resources, but can they still confer a bonus when acquired?

I'm currently working to integrate this mod with killmeplease's Food Buildings mod, essentially making it possible to trade food commodities between empires while also enhancing your cities by constructing buildings which require certain food commodities.

From what I gather, most of this can be handled by modifying .lua code, correct?

Galgus
Apr 06, 2013, 11:46 PM
I'm a bit worried that this mod would leave tall empires in the dust compared to wide empires: would it fit at all to have some buildings after Granary increase food gains?

Just trying to think of a way to reward building tall style infrastructer with the system so wide empires aren't propped up over them.