View Full Version : Crateria

jomateix
Jan 29, 2011, 01:06 PM
CURRENT VERSION: 1.0

- Huge map based on the fictional world of Crateria (explained below).
- Width: 80, Height: 80
- 14 civilizations, 28 city-states
- Made using Firaxis official world builder only
- Only one flavour: "random" starting
- Civilizations starting points are balanced.

File: criteria.rar
Go here to download it: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=16454

Planet:

Crateria receives its name from the huge asteroid impact that millions of years ago decided its current appearance. After that, the planet changed the orientation showing always the same hemisphere to its sun. Then, it was divided in two hemispheres: Lightside and Darkside. In the first (where this game happens) life evolved and colonized the world.

The planet rotation axis, and magnetic field, northern tip is on the centre of the middle desert continent. The radiation that catches that area transformed it in a deadly place to avoid. Also, the climate of this world is determined by that: the further from the centre, the colder the territory is. Darkside, then, resulted a cold inhabitable wasteland with the mountains created by the impact: An impossible land.

Now, the time for the civilizations just started! Discover and conquer this world at its fullest, who knows the incredible secrets that hides!

Civilizations:

You must select the "Advanced options" in the load screen and increase the amount to 28 city-states and 14 civilizations. If you avoid that you could have big problems (the empty area will help the border civilizations, making them too strong).

There's no "load scenario" option.

City-States:

Exactly 28. No more, no less.

Installation:

1.- It is in a compressed folder, you'll need WinRAR, to get it visit: http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

2.- Put the uncompressed file (not the folder) in: \Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Maps

3.- Then start the game, select "Mods" and set up the game.

4.- You'll see the map in the list of avaible maps.

Changelog:

Still no changes :).

MaisseArsouye
Jan 30, 2011, 01:49 AM
Nice work !

I made some similar maps (I should share them) but this one mixes their characteristics.