View Full Version : Carrier Modifications

SSBN
Jun 04, 2011, 10:55 PM
Greetings,

I have a question. Should the aircraft carriers in RTW be earlier versions to the modern carriers? Apparently the existing carrier (US Carrier) is a class Nimitz (CVN-68) which began operations since 1975. A unit exists in BTS for the correct carrier year (1936 to 1942). The carrier looks very similar to an Essex, Wasp and Yorktown class; I'm not exactly sure. Can the correct modification be implemented for the carriers in RTW? Thank you.

SSBN, :)

kiwitt
Jun 06, 2011, 05:15 PM
Take a look at my mod for RtW which includes 100's of unique historical graphics.

SSBN
Jun 26, 2011, 06:18 PM
Greetings Kiwitt,

I’m having problems in installing your RTW mod. I’m not sure if the path is correct; since, I can’t see the mod in the RTW scenario. I’m using Windows 7 as my operating system. I believe your mod is entitled “Road to War Historical v. 1.04”; however, the mod is not displayed in the scenarios selection. Also, the file does not to display the icon inside the file outline. It appears the computer does not recognize the nature of the file; even though, Beyond the Sword is installed. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Best regards,

SSBN

kiwitt
Jun 26, 2011, 08:45 PM
This is my path

C:\GAMES\CIV4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\The Road to War - Historical

SSBN
Jun 29, 2011, 05:52 PM
Kiwitt,

I'm still having problems with the installation of RTW historical v.1.04. Apparently, the computer is not acknowledging the mod file. The file looks like a small drawing with little icons for opening. Once the file is inserted into the MOD folder, the file is visible in the list; but, it is not visible from the game display list. The computer gives me the choice to open the file via web or manually with some applications. In addition to Windows 7, I also have Windows XP OS with the same problematic results. I may have to reinstalled everything. Would you like to establish a chat session sometime soon as an alternative? We can setup a day and time for a chat session to resolve the problem. I'm not sure how to setup the chat; but, I can try. Let me know at your convenience. Thank you.

Best regards,

SSBN

kiwitt
Jun 29, 2011, 05:59 PM
You need to have 7-zip (http://www.7-zip.org/) to read the file.

You can then open the file and extract the contents to any location and then move the folder to ...\Beyond the Swords\Mods\

My path is ... C:\GAMES\CIV4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\The Road to War - Historical

And underneath that is 3 folders called Assets, CvGameCoreDLL and PublicMaps.

SSBN
Jul 04, 2011, 09:24 AM
Kiwitt,

I successfully decoded the file Road to War historical 1.04 with the help of the 7zip program. I was not aware such software as 7zip existed. I appreciate the help. I was able to launch RTW historical 1.04 form the Windows XP OS only. Apparently, Windows 7 (64bit) OS is not compatible with RTW historical 1.04 (32bit).

On another note, your MOD (RTW historical 1.04) is based on the European theater during World War II. Do you have the Pacific or the entire World theater MOD available with such exact timeline in units’ description? I’ll appreciate your comments. You have done an outstanding and excellent job. My congratulations! Thanks again.

Best regards,

SSBN :)

kiwitt
Jul 04, 2011, 01:10 PM
here are my plans for further work (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=10642914#post10642914)

you may also want this (http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=16298)