View Full Version : Is there a way to reset the Hall of Fame?

The Mad Russian
Jun 26, 2011, 12:21 PM
I wanted to know, as the subject heading suggests, if there is a way to reset the HoF. With the new patch coming out soon, I want to start "fresh" and not have my old easy win games clogging up the HoF. Is there an easy way to do it?

Slynky333
Jun 26, 2011, 12:33 PM
I believe the only way is to EDIT it with some free database editor (forgot the name but I found it one time doing a search for the same thing). It takes a bit of reading to see how to edit it.

Or, you could just un-install the game and re-install. But you asked for "easy" *wink*.

wcbarney
Jun 26, 2011, 12:39 PM
I wanted to know, as the subject heading suggests, if there is a way to reset the HoF. With the new patch coming out soon, I want to start "fresh" and not have my old easy win games clogging up the HoF. Is there an easy way to do it?

The HoF database is found in your Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization V/Replays folder. It is named HallOfFameDatabase.DB. You can delete it, and the next time you start Civ V a new HoF will be created.

If you are afraid to just delete it, then change it's name to something like HallOfFameDatabase_Save.DB. Then if the new HoF isn't created, or doesn't work right, then just change the name of the old database back to what it was originally.

The Mad Russian
Jun 26, 2011, 01:40 PM
Thanks WC! I'll go in there and take it out now. :)

Slynky333
Jun 26, 2011, 08:25 PM
The HoF database is found in your Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization V/Replays folder. It is named HallOfFameDatabase.DB. You can delete it, and the next time you start Civ V a new HoF will be created.

If you are afraid to just delete it, then change it's name to something like HallOfFameDatabase_Save.DB. Then if the new HoF isn't created, or doesn't work right, then just change the name of the old database back to what it was originally.

Or, you could just do that... :lol:

(not sure why I was "locked" into thinking you needed to edit it and keep certain entries, Russian, you DID suggest you were getting rid of all your games)

Good job !