View Full Version : Lengthening Research times -only-

Schotte
Jun 27, 2011, 01:18 AM
Hey all, this is my first post. I did a quick search of the forum and couldn't find this question anywhere, sorry if it's been asked.

My question has to do with lengthening research times only. I understand that playing on marathon or epic makes researching techs take much longer, but it increases production times and social policy times as well.

I find that my ages progress too quickly on standard. I have riflemen for a couple turns and BOOM I'm upgrading to infantry already. i want to be able to wage full scale wars between techs, and I hate still settling cities in the industrial age. It might unbalance the game if I could have buildings built quickly before researching new techs, but it would feel richer this way for me. And I don't want to wait 50 turns to build a pikeman on epic...

So does anybody know of a mod, scenario, or tweak I can use to lengthen research times without affecting anything else?

Thanks and cheers,
Schotte

kaltorak
Jun 27, 2011, 01:42 AM
This has been asked a lot. Already since civ4.
Funny thing is the other day I downloaded alpha centauri (http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/sid_meiers_alpha_centauri), and that game does have the option to just increase research time ^^

He-Who-Hunts
Jun 27, 2011, 01:58 AM
There is a simple mod on mod browser called "gradual research" or similar to it, it lengthens research time only. I believe its:

5% for classical
10% for ME
15% for ren
and 20% for ind & mod

no change for Ancient... I use it all the time, when coupled with disabling RA's you usually get a good run at each era.

Schotte
Jun 27, 2011, 02:29 AM
Cool I found it and will give it a try! Thanks for your help!
Schotte