View Full Version : Tiny Europe 35x35

Felly
Jul 23, 2011, 05:50 PM
A small Map of Europe for weak PCs, fast games and with much conflicts.

Added a Version with starting locations instead placed settler/warrior so AI/U get full bonus from the chosen difficulty. (bonus scout/worker and so on)

Version 1.2 24.7.2011
- Oslo, Stockholm und Copenhagen removed
- Danmark added
- Resource stone added
- Resource uran removed: Its just no fun on a small map since the last patch
- fixed several rivers
- changed some game settings

Game Settings:
- Quick Combat
- Policy saving
- Promotion saving
- Random personalities
- Raging Barbarians - a little handicap for civs with much space
- AI handicap 2

- 11 Civs
- balanced strategic resources
- several nature wonders

Playable:
England
France
Germany
Russia
Spain - without DLC replaced by random civ
Egypt - northern Africa
Ottomans
Greek
Rome
Mongols
Danmark - without DLC replaced by random civ

Feel free to post comments and have fun.

MaxRiga
Jul 25, 2011, 02:00 PM
This is quite map for good and pleasant evening game ( lags free ). I'm going to create some scenarios with it. Thank you for your map!
P.S. If you like map making could you please help me with this? - http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=426468

OmegaKabob
Jul 26, 2011, 12:42 AM
It's an awesome map! It's size makes it good for details, such as how you made England! I love it! However, it still lags for me.

Felly
Jul 26, 2011, 02:47 PM
Well it cant be smaller - i already had some problems to place starting locations and citystates with the 3-tile rule and made some changes. The map is already at minimum size I think for a europe map with a heavy cut at the north, the russian side and on the south and provides 3-6 good city locations for every civ before u need to go to war.

It really should be a real fluid gameplay, i never had more then 3-6 seconds of turn changes in lategame. Even epic games run on a single evening.

I aktually update the same map in the first version of 51x51. I made the larger one before this one and before the 3-tile rule and was not happy with the outcome and only posted on german forums. So i actually dont have the time for a new map.

Thanks for your comments, if u find any bugs or have any ideas for improvements let me know.

OmegaKabob
Jul 28, 2011, 11:08 AM
Oh, it's just my computer, it will play all other games like magic lol. This is an amazing map! I love playing as the English or Ottomans on this and be isolated, keeping to my own piece of land :)

Canabrava
Aug 05, 2011, 04:41 PM
I liked so much. But, can you make possible use advanced options or just domination victory?

Cletus2010
Aug 11, 2011, 10:37 PM
Thanks, cool little map which I can even play on my slow 2 year old laptop (which fits the bare minimum specs to play Civ 5). :D

PAVLOS_GR300
Oct 05, 2011, 04:11 PM
turkeys (ottoman)starting position is mongolia no a part of Greek land.they came there in 1000 a.d. .11.000 years later than the first evidence of Greek existance in the area

Felly
Oct 07, 2011, 03:14 AM
Well the map is small, Ottomans are fine there with Istanbul as capital.
There are two heavy cuts on the north and east of Europe - Moscow would not even be on the map if placed correctly. Mongols are placed near Krim just to bring some balance to the east. ;)

Other maps i played til now end up in a giant Russia killing the other players around.
The map is topologic (mountains, rivers, coastlines) fine but historic for sure not correct.
Civs and city states are not exactly placed to bring some balance and to fit to the 3 tile rule. All city states in the center east (vienna, warsaw ...) are moved a little from their real position.

Game options can only be changed in the World builder - but thats not a big deal just open the map - click scenario editor - change options and save it.

aokces
Oct 11, 2011, 11:22 PM
Really enjoyed the map and it's good use of limited space, although Turkey/Greece are a little too close (fight for the fountain of Youth!). I also like the natural wonders (though its a little easy as Spain to grab both Gibraltar and Mt. Fuji in the French Alps).

My suggestions:
1. Denmark has a little easy with the free space (compared to say... poor Egypt). I personally would prefer a land bridge in Scandivania where Copenhagen is.
2. Take out one of the city-state and/or civilizations in the East, it's too cramped.
3. Just nitpicking considering the hexes you have to work with, but it really bothers me that Italy is connected to Sicily, and that Sardinia is 4x larger than Corsica.

EagleRock
Oct 16, 2011, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the map. Love playing Civ 5 using this map.

:)

ComradeKristov
Nov 15, 2011, 02:40 PM
good map but could you post a version w/o any dlc?