View Full Version : Ingame Editor

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

DonQuiche
Aug 21, 2011, 07:13 PM
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads/ige1_WH5.jpg
More screenshots (http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=17506)

Overview
This mod provides an in-game editor for Civ5 to change the map on the fly or to serve as a cheating tool. It was inspired by the built-in Civ4 in-game world builder.
The license is GPL v3.

Notes and features
Edit a hex or paint the map: You can either paint the map (left click for 1 tile at once, right click for 7 tiles at once) or select a hex and edit it. The screenshot above illustrates the tile selection (in red).
Build the world: Change terrain, feature, natural wonder, resource, improvements, routes, rivers, ownership, continent arts.
Units: Add new units or remove them, give your new units up to nine promotions.
Cities: Customize the cities as you want: increase population, change buildings, change religions, etc.
Civilizations: Change a leader's gold, faith, culture,give free techs or policies, edit relationships to seed wars or achieve a global peace, etc.
Technologies: Grant or remove technologies, grant a tech and all of its prerequisites at once, grant a whole era at once.
Social policies: Lock or unlock branches (even the ones you're not supposed to have at the same time) and grant/remove any social policy.
Tool tips: The detailed tool tips are here to help you better learn the game by remembering how far an element can be improved.
Respect the constrains... or not: Elements that should not be possible in the standard game (fishes on a hill for example) are grayed to help you design a natural map. But you're free to ignore those restrictions if you want.
Not tied to savegames: You can save and reload your game without IGE if you want, or use IGE with a game that has been started without it.
Gentle with your game: IGE itself is not lightweight. However, when IGE is closed, it absolutely does not interfere with your game, it does not consume a single CPU cycle and it has a negligible memory consumption. It just keeps its bits shut and let you enjoy full performances.

Localizations/translations
Most of the UI relies on the localized strings provided by Civ5 (for units' names, etc) and therefore most of the UI will be in your client's language even if IGE does not specifically support it.
Besides of that, IGE comes with complete localizations in English, French, Chinese, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian and Japanese.
The displayed screenshots come from an old version of IGE on a French client, before the French localization was introduced. Nowadays, everything would be in French.
I welcome all translations, it's easy and fast to do. Here is the guide: writing a translation (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11614821&postcount=611).

Compatibility
Can be used with or without Gods and Kings and/or Brave new world. With or without DLC.
Should be compatible with any other mod: does not modify any of the original files and supports mods that declare new resources, features, policies, techs, etc.
Macs: compatible with the Steam and AppStore versions, see installing mods on mac (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=477763).

Civ5 bugs that cannot be fixed
Do not be afraid by that list, IGE is perfectly fine for the vast majority of users. It's just it could be better without those bugs.

On some computers the game crashes when selecting another player or taking seat. A "safe mode" (right-click the *IGE* label) is available as a workaround at the expense of a couple of features. Taking seat will still crash.
The terrain graphics are not updated after some changes, you need to save and reload.
"Glance at map" feature: some yield icons are not updated on tiles you shouldn't be able to see.
"Glance at map" feature: the minimap's fog is not restored after you close IGE.
No message on the city screen for the "we love the king" days triggered through IGE.

Frequently requested features that won't be done.
Remember that mods can only modify civ5 through the API provided to modder by Firaxis.
A shrinkable UI: no! Civ5 is no Windows or iOS and its UI systems are therefore pretty basic. Modifying the UI to automatically adjust its size to your screen would require a lot of work.
Espionage: there is no API to cheat with it.
Religions: there is no API to modify existing religions (aside of founding them, and adding two beliefs once).
Archeology: there is not API to properly create sites, great works, or boost tourism.
Units' religions: there is no API to change the religion of a unit, hence the dirty trick used to spawn religious units.
Diplomacy: there is no API to directly modify a civ's attitude towards. A mod could achieve a similar behavior through GameEvents but it would be incompatible with some scenarios and tied to savegames.

Common problems and workarounds
I can't see the IGE label (1) It was not loaded: DO NOT CLICK "BACK"!
I can't see the IGE label (2) Sometimes civ5 loads no mods if one of the selected mods couldn't be loaded (for example a total conversion mod was enabled but you try to reload a savegame created without it).
I can't see the IGE label (3) Disable mods that have been removed from Steam, such as Hulfgar's postmodern expansion. Look for them on the web or CivFanatics and install them manually.
Missing NotificationIconsFreeSocialPolicy.dds. You do use an outdated (and probably cracked) version of the game.
Steam installation fails. See how to repair Steam install (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11589382&postcount=519).
Changing the position of the IGE label. You can easily customize it, see how to change the position (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11048692&postcount=223).. It is simple and takes less than one minute.

Installation and launch
Notes below are for PC only. Mac users should look at the FAQ for Civ5 on the Mac (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=403978).
Unzip the archive in "My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/Mods". You should have, among others, a file such as "My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/Mods/Ingame Editor (v10)/Ingame Editor (v10).modinfo"
Delete older versions if any and flush the cache (delete all files in "My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/Cache").
Start or restart Civilization 5.
Enable the mod. Click "mods", then "browse mods" and check it.
Start or load a game from the mods menu. From "browse mods", click "next" at the bottom right, check that IGE is listed, click "single player" (on top). Start a new game or load an old one.
Click :c5capital:IGE:c5capital: on the top right corner, near the current year and turn labels.

Credits
Special thanks to ねこちゃん for the localizability effort and the Chinese translation.
Al Qamar (http://forums.civfanatics.com/member.php?u=230118) for the German translation.
Emerald Viper (http://forums.civfanatics.com/member.php?u=230480) for the Spanish translation.
Error404 (http://forums.civfanatics.com/member.php?u=68623) for the Italian translation.
Zodiak69 (http://forums.civfanatics.com/member.php?u=232153) for the Russian translation.
CJ_GOROH (http://forums.civfanatics.com/member.php?u=255671) for the Japanese translation.
CivFanatics and you, people, lurking there, testing, providing feedback, suggestions or critics. IGE owes you a lot. :)

Willing to contribute?
You can either post your contributions here or use our Sourceforge (IGE) (https://sourceforge.net/projects/ige4civ5/) page (SVN), as you prefer. If you want commit rights on SF, just let me know your username and I will register you.

Download sources
The CivFanatics database (http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=17506)
The attached files at the bottom of this thread (one file per version, you only need the most recent).
The Steam workshop for Civ5 (category: other).

DonQuiche
Aug 21, 2011, 07:13 PM
Troubleshooting (before you report a bug)
Do you think you found a bug ? I will be glad to fix it but I need your help. First let's spot the cause of the problem. ;)

Do you use a legal and up-to-date version of the game ?
Please do not report bugs if you play with modified or obsolete versions of the game. As much as you want to use this mod, trying to find ghost bugs will only make me lose my time. :(

Flush cache and completely erase previous versions
For many mods, previous versions tend to conflict with recent ones, even when they're not loaded. So a good habit in case of bugs is to delete the old version and flush the cache.
Quit civilization 5
Delete the old version's folder in My Documents\My Games\Civ5\Mods
Delete all files and folders in My Documents\My Games\Civ5\Cache

Test without any other mod
Although IGE should be compatible with all mods, some of them may add unexpected, strange, or malformed data. Nothing I can't fix though, as long as you can identify the culprit.
First test IGE without any other mod loaded (use a fresh new game).
Then enable both IGE and another mod, in order to test mods one by one.
If you found the culprit, then please report it in this thread, I will quickly make IGE compatible with your beloved mod.

Bug reporting

The infos I need
Do you play on PC or Mac?
Do you have the Gods & Kings expansion or not?
Is it a legal and up-to-date version? Please be honest, there are no FBI agents lurking on forums, they have better ways anyway.
A description of the problem.
A screenshot may help or not, it's up to you to decide.
If the problem is caused by a mod, the mod's name, version, and where you got it ("steam workshop" or an url).
IGE's error message if you got one, a LUA log otherwise. The log is always better but the error message is often enough.

Making a LUA log when needed
Close civilization V.
Open config.ini with the notepad (My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5)
Search for the line "LoggingEnabled = 0" and replace it with "LoggingEnabled = 1". Do the same with "EnableLuaDebugLibrary = 0": set it to 1. If this line does not exist, add it before LoggingEnabled.
Save config.ini and close
Start civilization V.
Start a new game with IGE enabled, open it and reproduce the problem.
Close civilization V (may not be necessary, not sure, you may check for an error line at the bottom of the log)
Add lua.log in your post, either as an attachment (compressed to zip or renamed to lua.txt), or within a spoiler markup.
If you don't know how to attach a file to your post, click "go advanced" to use the advanced edition mode, then click "manage attachments".

Thank you for taking the time to read this. :)

kaltorak
Aug 22, 2011, 03:28 AM
Wow, nice work.

It's amazing how this or infoaddict are not by default ingame. Fans can do it and the company can't? Come on.

Sneaks
Aug 22, 2011, 06:53 AM
Lovely work. Can you check to see if an editor placed marble gives the wonder construction benefit to nearby cities?

I'll give full feedback when I have a chance to install

DonQuiche
Aug 22, 2011, 08:54 AM
Hello and thank you for your comments.

Unfortunately, I am not in position to play Civ V right now. However, I think marble in general should be fine. Nevertheless, the game sometimes has troubles updating data related to resources, it can happen even in a regular game, without this mod, when a worker builds an improvement on a resource. If this kind of things ever happen, just remove the marble and add it again.

PS : I discovered a couple of bugs, I will release a fix by tomorrow, along with a couple of enhancements.

Sneaks
Aug 22, 2011, 01:23 PM
I was right in my thoughts on marble. The city does not recognize it as something that should be giving an effect to wonder construction. Perhaps reloads fix this, but as of now, nada. I will assume similar issues would occur with false mountains/rivers/etc

DonQuiche
Aug 22, 2011, 10:16 PM
Thank you for the report, Sneaks. I investigated it and determined that the game did not update correctly. Fortunately, I found a trick to fix it : anytime you change a plot, I remove the current ownership then restore it. This way the update process is correctly triggered by the game. :)

Just for clarification : there is no "fake" resource/feature/etc. I use the very same functions than the map generators. The problems all lie in the fact that Civ5 does not correctly update itself and that there is no way to explicitly request it.

New version with the fix should be available soon, both here and in the ingame mods browser, I will posr a changelog.

DonQuiche
Aug 23, 2011, 02:59 AM
I just posted v3. I never mentioned v2 because it was a mere header change for the ingame mods browser.

Bugfixes:
* The "none" resource now does its job.
* In painting mode, the mouse button release is now correctly detected when the mouse is over the main panel.
* Removing a lake now works.
* The maritime natural wonders will now produce correct terrains and graphics.
* Resources bonuses, especially the one given by marble to wonders building speed, are now always correctly detected by the game.
* All options except rivers are now available from the painting mode.

Changes:
* You can now edit a hex's ownership and its artset (african, american, asian, european).
* The river diagram now displays a blue spot for unconnected entry points from adjacent hexes'rivers.
* Various UI changes : it is now a bit higher and use regular tabs. As a result, it is now more natural and it gives me room for future improvements (like units plopping and techs edition). I also dropped the flat/hills/mountains buttons that caused troubles for some color-blind people.

Sneaks
Aug 23, 2011, 08:49 PM
Seriously spectacular work! I will do some more bug hunting for v3

DonQuiche
Aug 23, 2011, 09:05 PM
Thank you very much, I will appreciate it. :)

JSnider
Aug 24, 2011, 09:52 AM
Nice work something this game really needed, thanx much for the effort and the sharing.

MindXX
Aug 25, 2011, 08:07 PM
Awesome job !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WinnipegJets
Aug 25, 2011, 11:52 PM
Great job on the mod, I really like it!

There's a bug where fishing boats are grayed out for fish (and possibly the other resources) and even legitimate improvements are grayed out. It's not really important (like that marble problem) but I figured I'd let you know anyways.

DonQuiche
Aug 26, 2011, 12:06 AM
Thank you for the report, I will make sure to do a thorough check and fix those problems for the next version.

SemperFiCiv
Aug 26, 2011, 11:56 PM
An excellent feature! Thank you for making this.

ouyeah
Aug 27, 2011, 04:13 AM
Theres a problem with the mod Civilization NIGHTS.

When i load both mods and discover a new technology, new buildings or wonders do not appear in the city building screen.
EDIT : another problem is that the techs are doubled in the tech selection screen (the small window on the left)

Also, i think its important to say that this mod is not savegame compatible.

great work though!

DonQuiche
Aug 27, 2011, 05:39 AM
Hello Ouyeah.

Thank you for the report but I am quite puzzled. I do not see how this mod could conflict with any other mod : it does not change any data, window or anything else. The only possibility I could think of would be a naming conflict but I took care of this by using a custom "IGE_" prefix. Or NIGHTS using very bad practices. Could you please double-check the problem and ensure my mod is reponsible of the conflict ? I am pretty sure it is not.

Also, please, what do you mean by "not savegame compatible" ? As soon as you explicitly enabled Ingame Editor (IGE) in the "mods" menu, you can start or reload a savegame through the "mods" menu and the mod will be enabled.

However, IGE does not change your savegames : you can start a game with IGE, then save, disable IGE and reload.

ouyeah
Aug 27, 2011, 07:27 AM
DonQuiche,

Thanks for quick answer. I knew something was wrong indeed.
I deleted cache folder and the file inside ModUserData and everything went back to normal.

thanks again for this useful mod.
cheers!

CivOasis
Aug 27, 2011, 08:44 AM
I think you need to add a scrollbar or new tab, because not all civs will show up when trying to edit a tile's ownership.

DonQuiche
Aug 27, 2011, 10:38 AM
@Ouyeah
Thank you for the double check ! :)

@CivOasis
Thank you for the report. I thought the height would be fine but I did not test it on a huge map. Seems like I was wrong, doh.

Anyway, I have to find a new layout to match those constrains :
* One-click accessibility for 90% of things.
* Compatibility with mods adding many new items (resources, etc).
* Fix the bug you reported and add support for city-states ownership.
* Unit spawning (how to order the units ?).

DonQuiche
Aug 29, 2011, 10:00 AM
The next version is in the pipes and should be available within the next couple of days.

In the end I added a horizontal scroll bar to the bottom and changed the code so that, whenever a list should overflow, a new column is added instead. Finally, I moved the players list to the right of the panel : it is not visible by default and you need to scroll a bit to make it appear. This new layout fixes the beforementioned problems and give me the tools I need for more changes. The result is very satisfying and does not hinder the comfortable UI I achieved so far.

Now I am left with some of the new features but they should not be troublesome.

Premier
Aug 29, 2011, 07:16 PM
On behalf of Mac Civ 5 players, I thank you, DonQuiche!

The SDK/In-game editor do not exist for the Mac version of the game. This mod is the next best thing. It eliminates the hassle of restarting into Boot Camp, or launching a virtual machine, when all you need is a resource or two.

In fact, it's all around easier to use than Firetuner, and it has a few extra features as well.

DonQuiche
Sep 01, 2011, 10:01 PM
I need you!
To find critical bugs...

Someone reported (http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=17506) a critical bug that corrupts savegames. I take this very seriously and started to investigate the problem in order to find counter-measures. I already discovered the bug I think caused the issue (reproduction: select a coastal land tile, turn the tile into ocean, save, try to reload) and I am going to prohibit the user to do some changes to prevent this.

However, I would like to be sure there aren't other bugs like that and, for that purpose, I need volunteers to try miscalleneous crazy changes and provide me with clear reproduction steps like those I provided. The methodology is simple : do ONE change, save, try to reload. You should also try to look at oddballs on the units panels and such (ghost units for example).

Since Civ5 tend to hang rather than crashing, I suggest you make your life easier and create a desktop shortcut with one of the following commands (depending on your version of Windows) and assign it the "ctrl+alt+shift+k" shortcut. Note that you will have to alt+tab to another application before you use the shortcut since Civ5 tends to intercept keypresses.
* tskill civ* (XP Home)
* taskkill /f /im civ* (XP Pro)

Just five minutes of your time would be nice, thanks to anyone who will help. :)

@Premier
I actually didn't think about macs while creating this addon but it is a pleasant surprise to learn it is so useful for you. :)

NateBexx
Sep 12, 2011, 09:07 AM
I do say, I desperately need a mod like this and if it is primed and ready to go, I will certainly want to download this. :p

DonQuiche
Sep 12, 2011, 10:23 AM
It is already publicly available and running. ;)

Just try to not do illicit changes (such as ocean rather than coast right next to land).

PS : Next version is almost ready, I just didn't have time to work on it.

Sneaks
Sep 12, 2011, 11:05 AM
Can't wait! Your work is very polished

MindXX
Sep 12, 2011, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the excellent work!

darkedone02
Sep 14, 2011, 06:48 PM
I miss the Civilization 4 in-game editor system, it's the perfect system to me as I don't like litterly saving the game, reloading my save towards another program that is confusing editing system. I like on-the-fly systems like this as they are more useful and faster that way.

DonQuiche
Sep 15, 2011, 11:33 AM
The new version (v4) is finally here ! \o/

Bugfixes :
* Changed the water management to prevent illicit changes that caused savegames corruption. On edition mode, illicit changes will be straightly disabled. On paint mode, you now only have two options ("coasts & lakes" or "oceans") and the tool will automatically adapt (when painting oceans, coasts will be left where they are needed). Finally, when setting a land on water, surrounding ocean tiles will be transformed into coasts.
* The layout can now adjust itself both for lower resolutions (down to 1024 pixels width, through a scrollbar at the bottom) and to support addons that add many new units, resources and such (more columns will be added on the fly).
* The first versions were kinda dirty and could have a slight effect on performances (global variables pollution). This new version obey better practices.
* Many little things here and there.

New features :
* Possible owners for hexes now include city states.
* Spawn units or kill them. New units can also be granted up to nine promotions. Units can belong to any civilization/city state.

I know there are not that many new features. However, many things changed underhood in order to support the automatic layout, to match a better programming model and to give me bricks I can reuse across all parts of the addon, including the future ones.

MindXX
Sep 15, 2011, 08:23 PM
Great update!!! Thanks again for the hard work

MXX

Sneaks
Sep 15, 2011, 08:24 PM
Update is nice, but I keep getting one tile randomly highlighted 2 south of the founding settler, and on every consecutive turn 2 tiles south of whatever the first highlighted unit is.

donlep
Sep 15, 2011, 10:10 PM
downloaded this and some other mods with the ingame mod browser
now they are all listed as download complete
but they arent installed
how do i actually install them?

edit: NM rebootet and now theres an install mods button :)

DonQuiche
Sep 16, 2011, 04:52 AM
Update is nice, but I keep getting one tile randomly highlighted 2 south of the founding settler, and on every consecutive turn 2 tiles south of whatever the first highlighted unit is.
Thank you for the report. Does it occur after you closed the editor or while it is still opened ? Does it occur if you load the game and never open the editor ?

Btw, if you do have Firetuner and can check for any logged error, it may really help because I never observed that behaviour. :)

PS : Thanks for the cheers everyone!

DonQuiche
Sep 16, 2011, 10:10 AM
Ok, so I just encountered that bug myself and it drove me crazy for ten minutes.
In the end, I deleted the addons and reinstalled only the last version and the problem vanished.

Note that I actually re-installed v5, the next version but I am 99% sure there wasn't a problem with v4 itself.

donlep
Sep 16, 2011, 01:24 PM
love the mod:)
actually seems to me its easier to use than the one in C4
a bit annoying that the map doesnt update untill i save/load, but thats not the mod, thats the game, same thing when barb encampments appear, really hard to see them in forrest/jungle untill after a load
guess we can hope they fix that in a patch soon

couple of questions
is it possible to remove the fog initially?
sometimes i just want to pop open the editor to check if its a map i want to play or not;)
also is it possible to add units to the barbarians?

DonQuiche
Sep 16, 2011, 02:17 PM
Hello Donlep

Fog removal is already something I want to add for a future version. However, I am unsure whether I can make it reversible or not, I will have to dig this topic.

Regarding the barbarians, it is not yet possible but, again, I do want to add that feature and it may be done for the next version. Barbarians would be added as another civilization in the civilizations lists (units and terrain ownership).

Sneaks
Sep 16, 2011, 03:05 PM
Barbarians are considered a civilization right now. They are always in game as CIVILIZATION_BARBARIAN.

DonQuiche
Sep 16, 2011, 04:55 PM
Yes, but what I need is the player ID, not the civilization ID. And at the time I designed the players scan code, I didn't encounter them. I am currently adding the possibility to edit existing units and cities, so tomorrow I will seize this opportunity to see what ID is returned for their owners. However, I guess there is no barbarian player, only a special ID, so I may have to import them manually.

PS : Here is the existing code. The barbarians are not among those players :
for i = 0, GameDefines.MAX_CIV_PLAYERS-1, 1 do
local row = Players[i];

Gedemon
Sep 16, 2011, 09:26 PM
yep, they are the last player, you can get them with
iBarbarian = GameDefines.MAX_PLAYERS

(MAX_PLAYERS is 64, MAX_CIV_PLAYERS is 63 in current version)

DonQuiche
Sep 17, 2011, 04:39 AM
Ah ! Thank you. So there are MAX_PLAYERS + 1 in the game actually. How tricky. I tried that among many changes before but they made the game crash. The additional index was not the culprit, though. But I rushed and cleaned up everything.

papa1
Sep 17, 2011, 03:12 PM
Thank Don!

Kluska
Sep 17, 2011, 09:25 PM
Wow, dude! :thumbsup:

This mod is just awesome! I think I'm in love. :love: :p

The river layout system is quite tricky. I'm still trying to figure it out. :lol:

As for bugs: none to report that already haven't been.

Anyway, awesome work, looking forward to the next update and what it brings with it. :D

jebst
Sep 17, 2011, 11:31 PM
Nice little pgm. On latest v.4 quarries missing i think

Sneaks
Sep 17, 2011, 11:36 PM
Oh right, theres a bug where Quarries and Villages (VEM version of TPs) show up on the Owner list slightly offcenter.

DonQuiche
Sep 18, 2011, 04:58 AM
Damn ! Thank you, I will look into it.

sadhukar
Sep 18, 2011, 09:39 PM
Hi Don,

Great little mod!

However I seem to notice that this doesn't work with R.E.D...

Deamon
Sep 19, 2011, 03:39 AM
Love the mod! Unfortunately I've found a few incompatible mods.

* R.E.D Modpack (v 11)
- Seems to make the IGE interface screw up, rendering it useless.
* Echoes of Ages - CiVilization Plus (v 42)
- EoA + IGE corrupts savegames and crashes Civ if you try to load one. I can't really say which of the mods are at fault however. :/

I've tested IGE with a single other mod at a time to get these results.

EDIT: Guess it was EoA. :)
Version 43: Released

Fixes a massive bug causing crashes on reload of the game.

Download asap or you won't be able to reload a game from a save.

Use ingame downloader or download from www.cyrinno.com

You will probably have to start a new game, this fix probably won't work with existing games.

DonQuiche
Sep 19, 2011, 05:01 AM
Woot \o/
One less bug to deal with. :D

I will still download RED in order to ensure everything works correctly.

DonQuiche
Sep 20, 2011, 08:40 AM
I have problems reproducing the bugs listed so far.
* The units panel work fine with R.E.D. The only problem I encountered was caused by spanish units since I don't have the DLC. Once I fixed it, everything works as intended.
* I have absolutely no problems with quarries or villages.
* The plot highlighting bug was caused by a version conflict.

So, to everyone reporting those bugs, please manually delete all versions of the addon (My Documents/My Games/Civ5/Mods) and reinstall only the latest one. If you still encounter the bug, please use Firetuner to detect any error message you could communicate me. A screenshot could also really help, along with your mods list (or tests without any other mod enabled on a fresh new game). Finally, if the problem disappeared once you cleaned things up, please report it too!

Finally, if anyone has a clue about what causes those version conflicts and how to prevent them, I would really appreciate because it doesn't make sense to me (how can v3 conflicts with v4 when only v4 is loaded ?!). :)

PS: Barbarian civilization works, thanks again Gedemon!

MindXX
Sep 21, 2011, 01:09 AM
I'm having problems with the mod also. I can bring it up but all I get are blank panels with an example hex for the river tile on the panel farthest to the left.

It won't let me save a screenshot for some reason but here is a saved game.

MXX

DonQuiche
Sep 21, 2011, 05:24 AM
Hello Mindxxx

This kind of behavior means an error occured in the initialization process. For example, it may be because of an addon using content from a DLC you don't have: the addon still manages to load fine but IGE fails when scanning the additional units. This typically occurs with RED and I am in the process to make IGE tolerant against that.

However, to clearly spot the cause of the bug, the savegame won't help. What I need is the lua.log (my documents/my games/civ5/logs). Check whether yours is empty or not. If it's not, fine. :)
* If it is empty, you will need Firetuner. Open it, run civ5 and start/load a game, try to open IGE, then alt+tab to Firetuner. At the bottom of the console there will be an error, this is what I need (line number and what happened).
* A list of addons may also help if the error itself doesn't speak much.

MindXX
Sep 21, 2011, 11:24 AM
Thanks for the reply. I checked my logs and found this (LUA Log). Hopefully this is what you need and I hope it helps you perfect this AWESOME Mod.

MXX

DonQuiche
Sep 21, 2011, 11:43 AM
Thank you but you forgot to include the log. ;)

sputnik323
Sep 22, 2011, 12:04 AM
Thank you Don! you have made this game playable for me again. It's been a long time!

MindXX
Sep 22, 2011, 01:01 AM
Rats!!

Actually never mind. When I opened the file up all I got was this...

[266930.611] Initializing Lua 5.1.4

MXX

zwx
Sep 22, 2011, 02:38 AM
Rats!!

Actually never mind. When I opened the file up all I got was this...

[266930.611] Initializing Lua 5.1.4

MXX

I have the same problem and the log is:

[8023.069] Initializing Lua 5.1.4

DonQuiche, I really enjoy your work. Thank you.

DonQuiche
Sep 22, 2011, 04:15 AM
Hurrah ! I found how to enable the logs. I always thought they were only disabled on my computer because I use Firetuner. Seems like they actually have to be explicity turned on.

So...
* Close civilization V.
* Open config.ini with the notepad (My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5) Search for the line "LoggingEnabled = 0" and replace it with "LoggingEnabled = 0".
* Save and close
* Start civilization V.
* Start a new game with IGE enabled and try to open IGE.
* Close civilization V (may not be necessary, not sure, check for an error line at the bottom of the log)
* Post lua.log

Remember you can also use Firetuner instead if you want. Anyway, my apologies for the waste of time, I didn't know about the exact behavior of logs.

zwx
Sep 22, 2011, 08:49 AM
Here we are. I hope this will help.

DonQuiche
Sep 22, 2011, 09:41 AM
Yes it does, thank you. :)

Seems like you do have a mod that adds an improvement for an unknown resource. It may be because of a missing DLC (did any resource was added in a DLC ?), or because of an error from this mod's author.

Anyway, I patched v5 to make it tolerant against that. Here is also the file for v4 if you want to patch your version right now. Just replace the original IGE_Data.lua (in My Documents/My Games/Civ5/MODS/Ingame Editor (v4)) with this the one in the archive.

zwx
Sep 22, 2011, 10:39 AM
Thank you. I have changed the file but still couldn't use your mode though.
I have made tests untill I found that Government Buildings (v.3) was incompatible with your mode.

DonQuiche
Sep 22, 2011, 11:26 AM
Damn!

I downloaded this mod and indeed discovered another error further the one I already fixed. The author actually did two spelling mistakes and it caused IGE to fail its initialization. I will report the problem.

Here is another version of the file. I tested v5 and those changes work. They probably work for v4 too, so here is the patched v4 file.

Thank you for your patience. :)

Scaenicus
Sep 22, 2011, 11:51 AM
Thank you for the great mod.

Just for your information:
I just tested it with InfoAddict and Total Mod (game patched, all Mods up to date).
Unfortunately your mod does break with Total Mod (No hex selection possible).

After deactivating Total Mod everything works fine again.

TOTAL MOD v.7 (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=397878)

Sneaks
Sep 22, 2011, 11:59 AM
Yes it does, thank you. :)

Seems like you do have a mod that adds an improvement for an unknown resource. It may be because of a missing DLC (did any resource was added in a DLC ?), or because of an error from this mod's author.

Anyway, I patched v5 to make it tolerant against that. Here is also the file for v4 if you want to patch your version right now. Just replace the original IGE_Data.lua (in My Documents/My Games/Civ5/MODS/Ingame Editor (v4)) with this the one in the archive.

No resources were added as DLC, however, the Terrace Farm and Moai improvements were added as DLC.

DonQuiche
Sep 22, 2011, 02:05 PM
@Scaenicus
Thanks for the report!
The problem was already known and fixed for v5 but I never published a patch for v4 so far. So I quickly merged back the modifications into v4 and you can find this new IGE_Data.lua below. It also includes other fixes made so far.

Again, it was caused by a spelling mistake in TotalMod, I will take care to report it. ;)
There may be other errors, though, I couldn't make this mod work correctly, I was faced with an empty tech tree.

@Sneaks
Thank you for the answer.

MindXX
Sep 22, 2011, 05:37 PM
Whoo hoo! Your latest fix worked!!! Thanks!

Scaenicus
Sep 22, 2011, 10:45 PM
So I quickly merged back the modifications
There may be other errors, though, I couldn't make this mod work correctly, I was faced with an empty tech tree.

Thank you for the hotfix.
I replaced the IGE_Data.lua in ...\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Ingame Editor (v 4) with the version from the ZIP-file and started a new game with Total Mod.

Everything works fine with your mod.
The tech tree is empty even in Vanilla + only Total Mod. Seems to be an issue of "History of Making2" too. So you are not to blame and I will just not use it until it's updated to the last CIV5-patch.

Godspeed on your mod!

sidcarton
Sep 23, 2011, 10:19 AM
Someone mentioned being able to use Ingame Editor on Mac and I was wondering how to install this mod on Mac Civ 5. From what I am reading the Mac version doesn't do mods. Sorry if this is a totally newbie question (not surprising, from a newbie!). I've tried unpacking the zip file into various places that I think the game might pick up but it never seems to. Any help would be most appreciated.

thx!

--sid

zwx
Sep 24, 2011, 04:41 AM
It works fine for me now. Thanks!

black213
Sep 24, 2011, 09:37 AM
Is it possible to undo?

Sneaks
Sep 24, 2011, 09:51 AM
You can just paint back the original settings

DonQuiche
Sep 24, 2011, 10:23 AM
Hello everyone!

@Sidcarton
Unfortunately, I have absolutely no idea on how to use mods on mac. However, I guess it involves running the PC version with that software that works like wine but dedicated to games (I forgot the name, sorry). I heard the performances are very good (better than the true mac version) however there may be crashes.

@black213
No "undo" feature yet but it is something I would like to add in the future.

However the next version will lead you to do less mistakes: clicking on a UI item will now cause interaction with this item (today, if you click on the diplo button in painting mode for example, the hex behind the button is painted). Only a part of the base UI will be visible when using IGE. Those UI elements have been duplicated, not modified, in order to ensure compatibility with other mods. I am really satisfied, it works like a charm.

@zwx, Scaenicus, MindXXX
Glad to hear the fixes worked. :)

donlep
Sep 24, 2011, 03:51 PM
ran into a bug
not sure if it has anything to do with this mod, as im running quite a few
however none of the other mods alter great people, so it could be this one

i had been playing around with the editor after starting a game with babylon
among other things spawning some great people, to check their abilities/buildings etc
that all went well :)
but when i later built the hagia sofia, and got a choice of a free great person, nothing happens when i click "chose great person"
that in itself is not a biggie, since i have an editor, i could just spawn one for me, but when i cant click "chose great person" it wont let me end turn
i tried reloading and finishing it again, that didnt help

ill try to continue the game, and finish the liberty tree, and check if the same thing happens
if i disable the mod, will it let me load a save at all?
if so i could try that, and then finish it to see if it still bugs out

5 am so will go to bed, ill try to play around with it tomorrow;)

DonQuiche
Sep 24, 2011, 04:26 PM
Hello Donlep.

The mod itself cannot cause that. Now, it could still unwillingly trigger some civ5 bug (it happened before with people setting ocean tiles right next to land: the game couldn't generate the map when reloading the savegames) but, in this case, I would be really surprised and I would rather bet on another mod causing this.

If you want to find the culprit, you can test mods one by one but it may be caused by a combination of mods. You can also look at this post (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10812084&postcount=2): I provide guidance on how to get rid of bugs (sometimes) and how to provide useful informations to developers otherwise. You can post your lua log here, I will inspect it for you although I am pretty sure IGE has nothing to see with this bug.

donlep
Sep 24, 2011, 08:47 PM
ok thx
the first version i tried of the editor was 4, so should be no old ones
i think i flushed the cache, i deleted every file in there, but kept the 2 folders downloads/images, as they where empty, and i had no clue if they need to be there

regarding the testing without other mods/with the mods one at the time, thats going to take a while, with hagia sofia being as late in game as it is

but hey who knows maybe flushing the cache did the trick ill try :)

donlep
Sep 24, 2011, 09:10 PM
ok pretty sure IGE isnt the culprit
tried disabling all mods, and my save games couldnt load
then tried only disabling IGE, and my saves worked, but i still couldnt chose a great person
so it seems to me that one of the other mods is messing things up
ill try to experiment further

donlep
Sep 25, 2011, 01:02 AM
ok tried disabling all mods 1 at the time
still had the bug, so i guess it could be a civ 5 bug?
if i disabled all mods the game crashed when i loaded giving me a runtime error

but im still wondering, if it could be connected to spawning some great people, early in the game with the editor?
ill try playing a bit longer to see if its also bugged for the free GP from finishing liberty SP tree
and then i guess ill try a game with just the editor, spawning tons of great persons to get me to hagia sofia in a few turns, and then try building it

donlep
Sep 25, 2011, 03:32 AM
found the culprit:goodjob:
treegrowth.v3 wich allows forrests to grow into new hexagons
i was actually considering disabling that one anyway, since at one point i had just cleared the forrest off my marble, and was building the quarry, when a new forrest respawned, delaying the start of my next wonder:lol:
found it by enabling my mods a few at the time, starting new games, editing in 5 great scientists and 1 great engineer, then bulbing the 5 techs needed for hagia sofia, and building it with a great engineer
oh and it bugged out the free great person from the liberty tree aswell
so i guess its time to start a new game:)

DonQuiche
Sep 25, 2011, 04:57 AM
I'm glad to learn that IGE is not the culprit, thanks for reporting your investigations. :)
It's surprising how mods can sometimes mess up with civ5.

DonQuiche
Sep 25, 2011, 06:45 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to hear your desires for IGE. What features would you like to see ?

Indeed, v5 is well advanced; it will be a nice and big update. That means I will soon start working on v6 and I guess it will be the last upgrade version. So if you want a certain feature, please state it within the next couple of days.

Features already mentioned so far: undo, barbarians in civs lists, fog removal.

donlep
Sep 25, 2011, 08:44 AM
i would say being able to remove and add back fog would be sweet :)
right now if i where to add a natural wonder, then i can only place it in an area i have already explored(atleast if i want to see where it goes;))
when i place it in an explored area, i never get the "you found a natural wonder" popup, so i might not get the +1 happy, but thats not to important
the major thing is, when i have found the rest of the wonders, the game still thinks im missing one, making the city states ask me to find it
so being able to paint back fog would be really nice :)

black213
Sep 25, 2011, 09:36 AM
Make everything visible (not just fog of war)
and..
Create city for a particular civ (is it possible to create them for civs not in the session?) / create city-state

Gerse
Sep 26, 2011, 01:05 AM
Great stuff, I don't know how they left something like this out of the game.

Couple bugs to report:
1) It seems that edited plots can no longer be bought from the buy tile screen
2) I can confirm the "choose a great person" bug -- I finished the liberty tree, got the message, but the icon to actually choose the person doesn't come up. This happened while running only this mod. I saved and exited, disabled it, came back, and it works fine now.

Pouakai
Sep 26, 2011, 01:12 AM
The Choose a Great Person bug is typically caused by a dependance on 'InGame.xml'

For this mod I would like to see a fix to the aforementioned issue, if possible, to remove reliance on Ingame.xml.

DonQuiche
Sep 26, 2011, 03:23 AM
@Donlep and black213
Fog management then ? v5 already contains something like that but not quite what you wanted. It must be possible to achieve what you want and I agree it would be a good feature.

Regarding the addition of new civilizations throughout the course of the game, I don't know if it's possible but it would be nice. I will test it but the last time I tried something like that, civ5 crashed badly. At least I could offer to resurrect a dead player and change its leader (Ok, Napoleon as the head of Egypt would be quite strange)

@Gerse
Thank you for the report. I'm really surprised by those bugs, I have absolutely no idea of what can cause them. I will see if I can reproduce them and eradicate them.

@Pouakai
I purposely designed IGE so that I didn't have to alter any of the original game files, especially not a file as important and contended as Ingame.xml is. As a result, there is no copy/modification/reference/whatever to ingame.xml in IGE.

Actually, I think the "modifying ingame.xml causes the great people bug" is just an urban legend. ;)
It may be the case for a couple of addons including old/improper versions of ingame.xml but, a priori, there is no reason that would prevent this file to be properly modified.

gladoscc
Sep 26, 2011, 06:45 AM
Suggestion: Natural wonders.

DonQuiche
Sep 26, 2011, 07:09 AM
@Gladoscc
Err... Natural wonders are already supported. Please try IGE before you suggest new features. ^^

@Gerse and Puakai
Unfortunately, I have been unable to reproduce those bugs. I was able to choose free great people (tested both with Sainte Sophie and the Liberty tree after I poped 30 great people) and I was able to buy any plot I modified.

If you're certain this has been caused by IGE and are willing to help to fix it, please look at the second post on this thread to see how to enable the LUA logs. Then, if you ever encounter the bug again, save the game, quit civilization and post the lua log and your savegame on this thread.

Finally, if the bug occurs again, don't forget you can always choose to save, reload without IGE, choose your GP, save, reload with IGE.

Sneaks
Sep 26, 2011, 07:33 AM
The great person bug is almost guaranteed to be unrelated to IGE, and is more likely caused by an outdated mod that edits the Notification Panel.

As for new features, I would like a City Development tab where you can:
- Add or remove buildings from a city
- Alter population of the city
- Add to empire gold and culture

and a Science tab where you can add or remove techs for any civ.

DonQuiche
Sep 27, 2011, 09:25 AM
Sneaks, the next version should make you happy then. :)
It does not contain everything you mentioned but a good chunk of it. And the rest was already planned for v6.

Sneaks
Sep 27, 2011, 09:33 AM
By the way, version 4 still has a bug with DLCs where the last two items in the improvement list wrap around into the player list. Do you have the improvement list hardcoded to only have a certain height? As I mentioned earlier, the Moai and Terrace Farm improvement seem to be the culprits here.

DonQuiche
Sep 27, 2011, 09:48 AM
Ah! The last time you mentioned this bug you didn't mentioned the DLC. Since I didn't have those I couldn't reproduce it and thought it was a cache corruption or something like that.

Actually, the only hardcoded value is the maximum height of the list. If overflow occurs, a new column is supposed to be added and everything repositionned accordingly, the same way it happens for units for example (only one list per era but many columns generated on the fly). So, if I understand you correctly, the maximum height is too short, a new column is added and the owners list is not shifted to the right, am I correct?

EDIT: Just gave a look at the code and I understand why the shift does not occur. Do you need a fix for v4 or can you wait for v5?

Sneaks
Sep 27, 2011, 10:04 AM
I can wait for v5, though I think you can actually afford to make that column a bit longer as well, rather than just shifting, as it appears the height of the column to its left is greater by maybe 20-30 px or so

DonQuiche
Sep 27, 2011, 10:23 AM
Indeed, it's a good advice. I reduced the distance with the checkbox below and gave 50 pixels more to the column, this should make room for two to three more improvements.

DonQuiche
Sep 27, 2011, 05:53 PM
In order to allow fog edition/painting, I had to let you see the fog of other civilizations without triggering contacts, ruins & wonder discoveries, etc. It appeared it was not straightly possible, changing the fog always triggered diplomatic first contacts & such. I was able to display your own fog, no fog at all but not other civilizations' fog, at least not without messing up with your game. So I was left with two solutions to do it:
* Silently switch players seat as the "have fun" mod does. However, some people reported crashes with this feature and I certainly did not want that.
* Or be creative. Here is the result.

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/923/abcclouds.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/84/abcclouds.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

I hope it made you laugh as much as I did. :D
Not sure yet whether I will choose to use *that* or the "take seat" feature.

mqiasi
Sep 29, 2011, 05:05 AM
first of all, thank you for this editor and the work you have put in to it..

is there any chance you could make it work with call to power mod ?.

tnx again

DonQuiche
Sep 29, 2011, 06:41 AM
Hello mqiasi.

On this post (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10907344&postcount=64) I provided an attachment that can be used to fix all the problems encountered so far with other mods (unzip and replace the orginal file with the new one in My Documents/My Games/Civ5/Mods/Ingame Editor). Odds are high it will work with CTP too, so I suggest you try it.

If it works, fine, please report it to me. :)

If it doesn't, too bad, I will run both mods for a couple of minutes and, if I encounter any problem, I will try to fix them for v5.

DonQuiche
Oct 03, 2011, 02:52 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to present you... :band:

Ingame Editor v5

Bugfixes:
* Includes all the recent patches for compatibility issues with mods using inconsistent data.
* Better integration with the underlying UI: before, the standard UI elements could not be interacted with (clicking on the diplo button was like clicking on the hex below). Now, only a part of the standard UI is displayed but it is fully interactive. It's far less cumbersome, no more misclicks!

New features:
* A widely revamped UI. Much cooler, clean and convenient.
* Fog management: you can edit and paint fog, reveal the whole map, etc. To accomodate that, switching the active player displays its fog. Finally, you can choose to reveal the map only when IGE is opened without triggering diplomatic contacts and natural wonders encounters.
* Cities edition: increase population, expand cultural borders, change buildings, etc.
* Civilizations edition: add gold, free techs or policies and edit relationships to force wars, declaration of friendships, teaming, etc, etc, etc.
* Many little things here and there, from a better overlay (for example, when IGE is opened, uranium icons will be displayed over hexes even if you don't have the tech) to clearer indications of the active mode (painting icon for painting, etc).

Note: Sorry for the long waiting, however I really wanted to make it highly polished and I did a lot of experiments to achieve that : the mod was close to be finished three times and three times I redid it. Besides, the fog management gave me big headaches and made me waste countless hours, Firaxis sure made it tricky. ;)

MindXX
Oct 03, 2011, 05:42 PM
WOW!! Thanks DQ!!! Great Job!

DonQuiche
Oct 03, 2011, 07:40 PM
Thank you very much, MindXX :)

By the way, I just tried to download my own mod from the in-game browser and it crashed when it tried to install it. I tried to release a copy flagged as v6 with a slightly different header but it keeps crashing and fushing the cache does not solve the problem. This is especially frustrating because winrar and 7z can both extract the .civ5mod file without any problem. Does it happen to anyone else please ?

I hope it does not because it is a 2kgames bug and I have absolutely no idea on how to circumvent it. :(

CapA2040
Oct 04, 2011, 03:18 AM
Thank you very much, MindXX :)

By the way, I just tried to download my own mod from the in-game browser and it crashed when it tried to install it. I tried to release a copy flagged as v6 with a slightly different header but it keeps crashing and fushing the cache does not solve the problem. This is especially frustrating because winrar and 7z can both extract the .civ5mod file without any problem. Does it happen to anyone else please ?

I hope it does not because it is a 2kgames bug and I have absolutely no idea on how to circumvent it. :(

Happened for me.

Great work!

jebst
Oct 04, 2011, 03:26 AM
Same problem here. The v5 are OK except the button is not showing in the window. v6 shows up on the page but will not download. In the loading it shows as updated but will not load all the files. v6 is not on your zip list. :confused: Have not had problem with IGE before. Except the quarry problem. I realy enjoy trying out different scenarios with IGE. Waiting with impasience for the correction

DonQuiche
Oct 04, 2011, 05:51 AM
Thanks to you for the confirmation. Unfortunately, this is a civ5 bug and I have no idea on how to prevent it to happen. I will try to slightly change my files (adding a comment in lua/xml files, slightly changing a pixel's color) but my hopes are down.

Version 6 is the same as version 5: it just has a slightly different mod description, it was an experiment to try to prevent this bug. If you see more versions today, they will also be the same as v5. Unfortunately it seems like the only way to test things in this case is to publicly release them. And, for that, I need to increase the version number on every try. Grats, Firaxis!

DonQuiche
Oct 04, 2011, 06:09 AM
v7 fixes the problem.

I just added the "Let's add stupid comments to prevent a stupid bug." comment on lua/xml files and slightly changed one pixel per image. :crazyeye:

zwx
Oct 04, 2011, 08:45 AM
DonQuiche, many thanks for this new version.
It is curiously non compatible with Government Buildings (v.4) (spelling corrections ...) which I have disabled.
Again thank you for your great work.

DonQuiche
Oct 04, 2011, 09:00 AM
Thank you Zwx, I will look what the problem is with the new version of Govt buildings.

nn125
Oct 04, 2011, 09:26 AM
Great mod - Looks like you broke the tile owner option in the terrain edit section

Keep up the good work

NN

zwx
Oct 04, 2011, 09:29 AM
My mistake. Sorry I have made so many tests with mods that I made an error.
The problem is with Building Upgrades (v.1). I hope you don't have lost too much time.
I will just forget I have installed BU1.

nn125
Oct 04, 2011, 10:42 AM
Found a weird bug - I guess your mod has code that centres on the capital.

This is interfering with the game - When the game shows you "Unit Needs Orders", click on it, the map flies in the right direction then immediatly flies to the capital. You can never get to he unit. Unselect the mod and this does not happen (Also didn't happen in v4).

Other bug: User Owns Tile in the Terrain Edit part

DonQuiche
Oct 04, 2011, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the reports, I will investigate them and publish a v8 very soon that will be focused on bugfixes without any new feature. I also found a couple of bugs related to the diplomatic relationships edition (the eligible civs listed for some actions are incorrect if you formed teams). Anyway, despite regular QA checks, I was expecting bugs given that, besides all the visible changes, I also modified the very architecture to something I wanted to try out (multiple independent contexts connected through an event-driven design for the connoisseurs; it worked beautifully and I guess it is the only decent way to build civ5 add-ons with a lot of UI elements)

@Zwx
No worry, I wasn't working on IGE and therefore didn't lose time. :)

@Nn125
It's really strange since the only code touching the camera is the one reacting to a click on the "home" button and given that this code is not reachable when IGE is closed. But, hey, this is civ5, everything is possible. ^^

MindXX
Oct 04, 2011, 05:21 PM

This is interfering with the game - When the game shows you "Unit Needs Orders", click on it, the map flies in the right direction then immediatly flies to the capital. You can never get to he unit. Unselect the mod and this does not happen (Also didn't happen in v4).

Other bug: User Owns Tile in the Terrain Edit part

Seconded. It is doing the same in my game. When I disabled IGE it went back to normal. Other than that totally awesome look and upgrade!!!

skodkim
Oct 05, 2011, 12:34 AM
Hi

Just popped in to say that its a great mod and that I use and recommend it.

So far I've found one or two bugs with v.7:

When IGE is started the fog of war is automatically removed from the map. This can be enabled again however. What's worse is that it is also removed from the minimap. Here it seems that it can only be enabled again by loading the game.

And now for a question: Would it be possible to alter relations with other civs? I don't mean forcing a DOF but just e.g. make a civ a little more friendly towards you.

Great mod - keep it going!

\Skodkim

jk_bonn
Oct 05, 2011, 05:31 AM
Hi,

i like this mod but sadly there is a bug with the VEM Mod:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=442072

I tried it and with the new version i have this problem, the v.4 dont have this bug.

DonQuiche
Oct 05, 2011, 08:29 AM
Hello all of you. :)

@Skodkim
Regarding the minimap bug (fog of war not being restored on the minimap once IGE is closed)... Unfortunately, there is no way to fix it, this is another civ5 bug. You will have to save and reload. :(

About the relations with major civs... Unfortunately, no, there is no way to just change the attitude of a major civ towards yours.

@jk_bonn
Thank you for the report, I will look at this problem with VEM.

wcbarney
Oct 05, 2011, 09:17 AM

This is interfering with the game - When the game shows you "Unit Needs Orders", click on it, the map flies in the right direction then immediatly flies to the capital. You can never get to he unit. Unselect the mod and this does not happen (Also didn't happen in v4)....
Seconded. It is doing the same in my game. When I disabled IGE it went back to normal. Other than that totally awesome look and upgrade!!!
Thirded! I've only tried this In-game Editor mod once, and this happened as soon as I activated the IGE. Saving & reloading didn't help, so I abandoned the barely-started game & came here.

Oregano
Oct 05, 2011, 09:44 AM

This is interfering with the game - When the game shows you "Unit Needs Orders", click on it, the map flies in the right direction then immediatly flies to the capital. You can never get to he unit. Unselect the mod and this does not happen (Also didn't happen in v4)....

Thirded! I've only tried this In-game Editor mod once, and this happened as soon as I activated the IGE. Saving & reloading didn't help, so I abandoned the barely-started game & came here.

Yup. Same here. Makes game play impossible. Otherwise, great mod and have loved it up until this bug showed up :(

JujZe
Oct 05, 2011, 10:03 AM
You can click the city and then go back. After that you can play again. And yes, It is an annoying bug :(

DonQuiche
Oct 05, 2011, 10:53 AM
Could you please give me more details about the bug with VEM ? I never used this mod and cannot see any problem or lua error. I would like clear reproduction steps. And what messages are missing ? The notifications (circular buttons on the bottom right of the screen) or the floating messages (text overlay on the center of the screen).

Regarding the City Upgrades mod, it was yet another spelling mistake in this mod: the author declared a wrong tech prerequisite (TECH_PLASTICS instead of TECH_PLASTIC) for a building. I made IGE resilient against that but this error breaks the production popup anyway so this mod is unusable.

Finally, I managed to spot the problem with the camera: since there are actually two copies of the productionpopup (the regular one and the additional one over the IGE background), once you open it the second one also opens but is not closed when the first one is. As a result, anytme you select a unit, its update process is triggered and move the camera. I am going to write my own copy of this production popup to make sure it stays inactive when IGE is closed.

skodkim
Oct 05, 2011, 12:06 PM
Hello all of you. :)

@Skodkim
Regarding the minimap bug (fog of war not being restored on the minimap once IGE is closed)... Unfortunately, there is no way to fix it, this is another civ5 bug. You will have to save and reload. :(

Couldn't you just not remove the Fog of War then? Or perhaps make it so that it's removed by pressing a button? It wasn't removed with v4 and to me that seems by far the better option compared to the way v7 works.

\Skodkim

DonQuiche
Oct 05, 2011, 12:15 PM
Version 8 has been released.

Bugfixes:
* Fixes the camera problem when selecting a unit.
* Fixes the tile ownership management.
* Fixes a bug in the civilizations listed for some diplomatic actions when some civilizations have been grouped in a team.
* Fixes a compatibility issue with mods specifying incorrect prerequisites for buildings.
* Fixes a compatibility issue with the "Unofficial Patch and Vanilla Enhanced" mod.

@Skodkim
I certainly don't think it would be by far the best option. ;)
But you just have to toggle the "reveal map" button (atop the IGE panel) to disable it. This setting will be persisted: the next time you open IGE (even if you restarted civ5), the map won't be revealed.

EDIT: On second thought... I will make it disabled by default.

bwoww78
Oct 05, 2011, 03:44 PM
[B][SIZE="4"]EDIT: On second thought... I will make it disabled by default.

I would vote for this, if possible. It just seems more logical that one would want to default to keeping the fog of war and then have the option to actively reveal it.

Likewise, personally, if i really wanted to reveal a part of the map I just plop a scout down somewhere on the map and eventually delete it before the turn ends. it ends up being a net gain of a few gold, but I've never experienced a bug in the process.

also---great mod!

DonQuiche
Oct 05, 2011, 07:58 PM
I would vote for this, if possible. It just seems more logical that one would want to default to keeping the fog of war and then have the option to actively reveal it.
Fortunately, it was totally possible, I just had to change one character, it will be disabled by default for v9. If all things were as simple as this one. ;)

nn125
Oct 06, 2011, 03:27 AM
Nearly a perfect mod - Only problem is now the fog of war - After going into your panel and then exit - Every thing apart from what you own now has the fog of war - All your previous exploration gone.

Please revert to v4 for how you handle fog of war, as said earlier if you want to see somewhere, just plonk an explorer down on the map

NN

nn125
Oct 06, 2011, 03:33 AM
Also I kinda prefer the icon you used in v4 to loaf the panel instead of the menu. I guess I prefer the minimalist look.

NN

skodkim
Oct 06, 2011, 04:01 AM
Also I kinda prefer the icon you used in v4 to loaf the panel instead of the menu. I guess I prefer the minimalist look.

NN

Don't agree here

Looking very much forward to V9!

\Skodkim

DonQuiche
Oct 06, 2011, 07:30 AM
@nn125
Hello. :)

First of all what you observed should not happen : when I close IGE my fog is correctly restored. This bug may have been caused by a mod. Please look at the second post on this thread to see how to enable the lua logging and provide me a log where you open IGE and close it and your fog is not correctly restored. You can also try to disable other mods one at a time.

Second of all, there is a misunderstanding here. You can already disable the "reveal map" feature once and for all by clicking on the corresponding button. This setting will be persisted on your computer: the next time you will open IGE in another game, the map won't be revealed.

Third of all, I will set this setting to "false" by default in future versions but, since you already used IGE, it is now set to "true" and it will stay like that in future versions until you click this damn icon. ;)

Let me state it clearly for everyone...
If you want to get rid of the reveal map feature once and for all please click this icon: http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/8449/igestupidicon.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/97/igestupidicon.png/)

Edit: Slightly changed the big warning to make it less aggressive, sorry if it has been perceived that way.

nn125
Oct 06, 2011, 09:27 AM
NO NEED TO SHOUT!!!!

I think you have done an absolutely fantastic job (Should of being part of the game). I would never have the time or where for all to do it as I only play the game now and then.

The problem still stands the mod messed up the fog of war - IGE is the only mod I have loaded. Its OK, I know its my own risk, and I really think this is the only must have mod currently in circulation and I hope you have the time and desire to finish it fully.

NN

DonQuiche
Oct 06, 2011, 09:58 AM
I used big letters because I wanted to be sure that everyone would read it, not just you. :)

Now, I am surprised to learn that no other mod was involved but there are other possible explanations like race conditions (some updates are not notified and only occur 2 frames after their triggers on my computer so I had to base my code on that but it may be more frames on other ones - Firaxis made the fog really tricky to handle). Unfortunately, as I said, the fog of war is properly restored on my computer so I need a lua log to understand what happens on yours that prevent the fog to be restored. This may be the only thing I have to offer but I would be grateful if you could provide it to me.

Now, be ensured that I want to finish IGE, thanks for your cheers. :)

WrathRaptor
Oct 06, 2011, 11:30 PM
Gave it a try finally with "v. 8" ingame editor this evening. Began editing map. Saved game, reloaded to refresh terrain changes. Then edited map again, this time to add the remaining Natural Wonders on the map so that there were more than 7. Saved game, and reloaded, game crashes upon reload. Below are the errors upon checking the LUA log. Just making an educated guess, but I would bet the game cannot handle running a map with more than 7 natural wonders. Thoughts? Map type was a large map, tectonics mod, 9 players and 20 City States. There are other mods involved, but since the crash did not occur until I added natural wonders above and beyond the 7 the game normally incorporates.

[101622.810] Syntax Error: [string "Assets/Maps/Breaking Up.Civ5Map"]:1: unexpected symbol near 'Š'
[101622.810] Runtime Error: Error loading Assets/Maps/Breaking Up.Civ5Map.

I suppose it could also be more related to map generation, all map scripts have the built in command line for placing natural wonders, but finding what is responsible for that and altering it is beyond my ability at this point. LOL

Great mod, btw! Always a blast breaking mods! :P

DonQuiche
Oct 07, 2011, 08:47 AM
Hello and thank you very much for this detailled report, WrathRaptor. :)

The seven natural wonders limit seems like a good hypothesis, I will have to test it myself. If it's confirmed, I will prohibit the user to add more natural wonders for his own sake.

Thanks again for this critical bug. Even if IGE is not the culprit, I absolutely do not want it to allow savegame corruption! I will soon release yet another "bugfixes, no new feature" release.

bwoww78
Oct 07, 2011, 09:51 AM
Hello and thank you very much for this detailled report, WrathRaptor. :)

The seven natural wonders limit seems like a good hypothesis, I will have to test it myself. If it's confirmed, I will prohibit the user to add more natural wonders for his own sake.

Thanks again for this critical bug. Even if IGE is not the culprit, I absolutely do not want it to allow savegame corruption! I will soon release yet another "bugfixes, no new feature" release.

Just an FYI I do know that there are certain restrictions per wonder for terrain type. For example, rock of Gibraltar can go just about anywhere, but Krakatoa requires a coast/ocean tile with no adjacent land-type tiles.

These could easily be your crash cause...

DonQuiche
Oct 07, 2011, 10:02 AM
You're right to mention it. However, IGE changes the terrain to something suitable for the natural wonder you're placing so it should not be a problem.

CivOasis
Oct 07, 2011, 12:09 PM
There is not a seven NW limit.

jaxad0127
Oct 07, 2011, 01:55 PM
The editor won't open when dummy techs (no era, no prereqs, etc) are present. These are useful to give certain abilities that can't be done other ways (like bridge building from the start).

The button to load it also overlaps with the Luxury Resource Display mod. Both remain usable. (LRD shows an info panel when you hover over it that lists every luxury resource, with the number that you have)

DonQuiche
Oct 07, 2011, 02:41 PM
@CivOasis
Do not worry, I will do tests before I change anything anyway.

@Jaxad0127
Could you name a mod that add such techs please ? I thought all techs had an era so I am not surprised they cause errors during the intialization. I am not sure what I will do with them, though (if a unit has such a tech as its prereq, I cannot categorize the unit in any era so I may have to add a special group).

Regarding the location of the IGE button... Unfortunately, the civ 5 developers did left us without any proper solution. I could move the IGE label to the left but it may be troublesome for users with a low screen resolution and it can also interfere with other mods. I could use modularized diplo corner but I don't like this solution much and this, too, can interfere with other mods.

WrathRaptor
Oct 07, 2011, 03:57 PM
@ CivOasis:
Are you certain of that? I tried just adding one beyond the seven, and still experienced the same crash

@ bwoww78:
Yeah, I'm aware of tile restrictions on natural wonder placement. I specifically placed the extra NWs only in locations sutiable to their placement, without further altering surrounding tiles.

Also, I noticed something else last night while I was playing. I had customized some specific coastal city locations. One specifically, I altered a plains tile to a coastal tile, so that the city would have coastal access. The interesting thing that occurred was that the city is capable of building naval units, but the Great Lighthouse did not populate in the build menu when it became available. I'm not sure yet if this extends to city improvements requiring coastal access (i.e. lighthouses, harbors, etc.). However, I suspect that this has something to do with the fact that altering terrain type requires reloading the game to show the change, and that change is not reflected in the original state of the tile a city is built on. I'll be checking to see if this is the case with the Machu Picchu wonder and mountain tiles.

WrathRaptor
Oct 07, 2011, 04:01 PM
The editor won't open when dummy techs (no era, no prereqs, etc) are present. These are useful to give certain abilities that can't be done other ways (like bridge building from the start).

The button to load it also overlaps with the Luxury Resource Display mod. Both remain usable. (LRD shows an info panel when you hover over it that lists every luxury resource, with the number that you have)

I'm using CCMAT II in conjunction with Ingame Editor and the incorporated LRD mod in CCMAT displays correctly with the IGE button. I'm not experiencing any overlap.

jaxad0127
Oct 08, 2011, 06:41 PM
Also, I noticed something else last night while I was playing. I had customized some specific coastal city locations. One specifically, I altered a plains tile to a coastal tile, so that the city would have coastal access. The interesting thing that occurred was that the city is capable of building naval units, but the Great Lighthouse did not populate in the build menu when it became available. I'm not sure yet if this extends to city improvements requiring coastal access (i.e. lighthouses, harbors, etc.). However, I suspect that this has something to do with the fact that altering terrain type requires reloading the game to show the change, and that change is not reflected in the original state of the tile a city is built on. I'll be checking to see if this is the case with the Machu Picchu wonder and mountain tiles.

I've had no problems with that. Might be reload, though.

I'm using CCMAT II in conjunction with Ingame Editor and the incorporated LRD mod in CCMAT displays correctly with the IGE button. I'm not experiencing any overlap.

Might be screen width. Mine is 1440px.

@DonQuiche:
It's a personal mod.

DonQuiche
Oct 09, 2011, 12:04 AM
@Jaxad0127
I guess it's actually related to your languages rather than your screen widthes since "year 100 BC | help | menu" consumes more or less space once translated while the IGE label position is constant.

Regarding the "techs without era" problem, if your mod is private, nevermind, I will skip tests and hope my changes just work. Right now I will just put them in the first era group. If you want to bother to send me a copy I will test it but I guess everything will be fine anyway.

CivOasis
Oct 10, 2011, 12:51 PM
Bug Report: Doesn't support mods that add new eras to the game (Known issue with Spatz's Alpha Centauri).

DonQuiche
Oct 10, 2011, 02:52 PM
Hello and thank you for the bug report but, no, it's not the problem, IGE supports new eras, removed eras, etc. :)

I will download this mod though and see by myself what's wrong with it.

gamed4d
Oct 11, 2011, 02:47 PM
Using v8, when I place a unit, a worker unit will be create in the same tile as well. Anyone seeing this?

bwoww78
Oct 12, 2011, 08:46 PM
using version 8 i am never able to change players (i.e. change from myself, Rome for example, to another, say Germany) without a crash to desktop. not sure if anyone else is experiencing this or if it's related to other mods.

i'm using VEM plus some wonder mods. I wanted to ask before i quit this game to test.

Otherwise, v8 is very well done! Thanks!

Mars83
Oct 15, 2011, 01:44 AM
using version 8 i am never able to change players (i.e. change from myself, Rome for example, to another, say Germany) without a crash to desktop. not sure if anyone else is experiencing this or if it's related to other mods.

i'm using VEM plus some wonder mods. I wanted to ask before i quit this game to test.

Otherwise, v8 is very well done! Thanks!

same thing here it freezes when changing to another player in the game. I using:
EoA v46
CSD v26
have fun v2
Light touch v5
info addict v16
whohowards barbarians lv 6 and 2 units per title
and the VEM that has the marrketplace in the mod.
Cultural Diffusion
then alot of the recent wonder mods

thats the only freezing i have with the ingame editor... it slows down abit when going into it and getting out of it during the game but thats it.

DonQuiche
Oct 15, 2011, 08:07 AM
@bwoww78 and Mars83
Regarding the crashes, I am unfortunately not surprised since the SetActivePlayer function is known to cause such problems on a few computers. The reasons are unclear but it definitely is a game bug and likely not related to the presence of other addons. The same thing happens with all addons that use this function (the HaveFun's "take seat" feature for example).

I am afraid that only Firaxis may help you, although it would be easier for them if you could identify what you have in common : did you edit the config.ini and others (multithreading options especially), what are your cpu, gpu and OS, is everything (game, drivers, os) up-to-date, do you have any unusual system setting, etc... ? So I suggest you give us informations here so that we can start collecting them. You should also try it without any other addon but I doubt it will change anything. Finally, the lua log is worth a look because Firaxis may have added an interesting error message but, again, it is unlikely.

On my side, at best, I could only offer a compatibility option : selecting another player would only have limited effects (fog not updated, etc) and some features would be disabled (some diplomatic settings, for example, would not be available for other players).

@gamed4d
Since no one else ever observed this bug, I guess it is either a mistake from you (adding a unit cleared the fog and it revealed a pre-existing worker) or bad interaction with another addon.

PS : Sorry for the long time before I replied, I didn't get the e-mail notice. By the way, the mod's development will resume in a couple of days.

malcolm01234
Oct 15, 2011, 07:19 PM
This mod sounds awesome but every time I click the *IGE* in the corner nothing happens, even if im not using any mods...

DonQuiche
Oct 15, 2011, 07:27 PM
Hello malcolm01234, it means an error occured during the initialization for whatever reason. Please look at the troubleshooting steps (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10812084&postcount=2) to learn how to report a LUA error. By the way, check you deleted older versions and flushed the cache.

Mars83
Oct 15, 2011, 09:45 PM
Thank you Don. Now i know i should aviod taking other leaders seats.

DonQuiche
Oct 15, 2011, 10:54 PM
Version 9 has been released.
Again, no new features, only bugfixes and alike.

Bugfixes:
* Notifications are properly refreshed when you open IGE.
* The selection is now correctly updated on the units panel.
* Promoting an existing unit more than once now works.
* Civilization-specific units and buildings are once again properly sorted and enabled/disabled based on the active player.
* A safe mode has been introduced for people experiencing crashes when selecting another player, right-click the *IGE* label. Unfortunately, a few features won't work as intended under this mode and there is nothing I can do about it.
* Should be compatible with mods declaring technologies that does not belong to any era: a "no era" category will be displayed.
* The cursor is now correctly updated when you hover the minimap, the notifications or the three buttons atop the IGE window.

Behaviour tweaks:
* The "reveal map" button (the one atop IGE, not the one on the players panel) is no longer a persisted option. It is off by default anytime you open IGE.
* Better debugging informations about inconsistent data for mod creators (make it a nice tool to spot spelling mistakes).

Known bugs
* A savegame corruption may occur if, while toying with natural wonders, you happen to create ocean tiles (instead of coasts) right next to land.
* Adding some natural wonders set up improper terrains which result in graphical glitches (ex: el doraro should be a land tile, not a mountain one).
* Some tooltips are not updated when you select another player (construction costs, bonuses provided by buildings on terrains and resources).
* The bugs I cannot fix, please refer to the list on the first post.

Thank you for your patience with the bugs on the previous version, everyone, I wish the v5-v8 versions were better.

DibGoodVibes
Oct 17, 2011, 02:06 PM
Version 9 has been released.
Behaviour tweaks:
* The "reveal map" button (the one atop IGE, not the one on the players panel) is no longer a persisted option. It is off by default anytime you open IGE.

You made my day :). Thanks for your mod DonQuiche!

Mars83
Oct 17, 2011, 02:57 PM
Its not much of a bug but it is something though...
On certain resources the deer, fur, sheep, cattle, slik, banana, stone, marble, and etc. on that certain tile in the IGE it isn't light up on what improvement should go there.

Another question is if you decide to form a team with an AI can there be a way to disband a team?

Joey

DonQuiche
Oct 17, 2011, 03:37 PM
@DibGoodVibes
I bet you weren't the only one to be glad about it. Even I ended up hating that behaviour. ;)

@Mars83
Thanks for spotting that bug! :)
And I will add a feature to expell a teammate, there is currently no way to do it.

PS : The v10 is progressing well.

Mars83
Oct 18, 2011, 01:54 AM
your welcome.

Joey

OverWind
Oct 18, 2011, 02:06 AM
@DibGoodVibes
I bet you weren't the only one to be glad about it. Even I ended up hating that behaviour. ;)

@Mars83
Thanks for spotting that bug! :)
And I will add a feature to expell a teammate, there is currently no way to do it.

PS : The v10 is progressing well.

Thanks for a great mod!
I too have experienced that bug with a worker being placed when I place other units. I don't know exactly what I do to trigger the bug though.

Also, I've only loaded the mod once where it looked pretty (and how it is supposed to look). 99% of the time, it looks rather weird, and I have to scroll inside the editor (it is still usable though). - I'll try taking a screenshot when I get home.

Once again, thanks for a great mod. It's great that you continue to improve upon it :)

DonQuiche
Oct 18, 2011, 05:29 AM
@Overwind
I would very interested by that screenshot of yours and your screen resolution. :)
Now I admit I didn't test IGE on different resolutions since v4 so I may have done something wrong with the automatic layout.
However, please, first make sure you deleted the older versions of IGE and flushed the cache (see this post (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10812084&postcount=2) if you don't know how) before you start civ5.

DonQuiche
Oct 18, 2011, 04:26 PM
@Mars83
Regarding the absence of bonuses from improvements on iron and such... Well, it's actually not a bug. The mine brings no additional bonus for iron (only the base +1:c5production:) contrary to coal for example (+2 :c5production total). It's because there is already a building for iron while there isn't any for coal. I added a special message for those resources that do not gain any bonus when improved.

Regarding the "leave team" feature, unfortunately it does not seem possible, I didn't find anything in the API that seems to suit the task. :(

@Overwind
I made tests on other resolutions and things are fine for me (only the tabs labels are slightly off and the window should be fixed by 10pixel). I guess it must be a bug because of an older version (they do cause bugs as soon as they're present among the mods even if disabled), a cache corruption or, unlikely, another addon.

DonQuiche
Oct 18, 2011, 04:52 PM
Version 10 has been released.
With lovely trees inside.

Bugfixes and alike:
* Placing a natural wonder now properly updates the terrain, no more glitches.
* Placing a natural wonder now changes neighboring water tiles when necessary to avoid ocean tiles near land tiles, which caused savegame corruption.
* Tooltips for resources now display messages such as "No bonus from mine" if the corresponding improvement does not bring additional bonus for the resource. Example: the mine's bonus is always +1 :c5production: with or without iron. It's not true for coal.
* Tooltips for terrains, improvements and such now list all buildings, even those for other civilizations.
* Some minor layout fixes.

New features:
* Technologies panel ! [screenshot (http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads/ige5_kLn.jpg)]
* Social policies panel ! [screenshot (http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads/ige6_YWf.jpg)]

Known bugs:
* Two users reported that spawning units also spawn a worker. I bet on a conflict with another addon, though.
* The social policies panel has layout problems with mods using custom layout logic and UI for social policies. Spatz's Alpha Centauri for example: in IGE the last branch is usable but buggy. I would like to know if other mods cause problems so that I can think to the best solution.
* Same goes with the technology panel with some mods, like Community Call To Power (it uses multiple tech trees).
* A bug prevents IGE to work with NiGHTS, fix available here: IGE v10 fix for NiGHTS (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10989947&postcount=175)
* A bug prevents IGE to work with CCTP, fix available here: IGE v10 fix for CCTP (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10979481&postcount=160)

holyhell
Oct 18, 2011, 08:27 PM
Hey love the mod! Its just what I wanted!

Only one question, when I load this mod with the CCTP mod, I see the IGE button, but when I click on it the menu doesn't open! At all!

I tried it by itself, and it works beautifully, so any ideas? Coz I'd love to play it with that mod :D

Mars83
Oct 18, 2011, 08:52 PM
@Mars83
Regarding the absence of bonuses from improvements on iron and such... Well, it's actually not a bug. The mine brings no additional bonus for iron (only the base +1:c5production:) contrary to coal for example (+2 :c5production total). It's because there is already a building for iron while there isn't any for coal. I added a special message for those resources that do not gain any bonus when improved.

Regarding the "leave team" feature, unfortunately it does not seem possible, I didn't find anything in the API that seems to suit the task. :(

Well you tried thats all was asked if it was possible to disban a team during the game when can form a team during the game not before the game.

Anything on the mining i had no problems with. it was more on the plantation, pasture, oil wells, and camps. The mining ones popped up; sometimes the terrence farming, and trading post.

Thanks for trying on that suggestion.

Joey

DonQuiche
Oct 18, 2011, 11:03 PM
@Mars83
It seems like I misunderstood you. Did you actually want something like "suggestions" ? For example, if the selected plot has "deers" you would like IGE to highlight the "camp" item ?

@Holyhell
Unfortunately, i couldn't download CCTP, mediafire failed miserably. On most of my browsers it couldn't even start, probably because of anti-crapware addons such as flashblock, adblock, etc. Only IE managed to start the download (after I found the button, hidden beneath twenty layers of crappy flashing, scrolling, blinking and bling-bling adds - I guess Internet without adblock is a deadly thing for people with epilespy) and told me it would take 6 minutes. 20 minutes later it was still at 0% with 6 minutes remaining.

So, if you want me to fix the problem, I need you to follow the steps detailled here (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10812084&postcount=2) in order to give me a lua log. Because I'm not going to try to download from mediafire again. ;)

holyhell
Oct 18, 2011, 11:13 PM
edit: Done!

DonQuiche
Oct 19, 2011, 01:18 PM
Thank you holyhell :)

Here is a corrected version of IGE_Misc.lua, replace the existing file with this one (before you start the game) and it should work. The authors of CCTP did declare a culture yield for some resources, improvements or terrains in a non-standard way, hence the bug (they did not use the "culture" property as the vanilla game does).

Now, from what I saw of CCTP, it uses three technological trees. I fear it will look like a mess in IGE. I will have to set up a fall back presentation in the form of plain lists (looking like the units panel) when the tree logic does not make the job. I already did that for social policies, it will be included in the next version.

holyhell
Oct 19, 2011, 04:35 PM
zomg it works!

what a bloody legend you are DonQuiche! thanks heaps!!!!

and the tech tree didn't look THAT bad, its all accessible and usable!

plus all the extra units came up and everything

thanks heaps again :D

DonQuiche
Oct 19, 2011, 06:35 PM
Thank you very much, and I am glad to learn the tech tree does not look that bad. :)

I will wait for a couple of bugs to be discovered, some new features to be suggested and then I will release v11 with the fix I gave you, the fallback presentations for the policies and techs trees, and some performance improvements. Maybe a nice bonus feature too.

Patches98531
Oct 20, 2011, 01:55 AM
Thank you for this, it is so great to be able to use this and modify maps when the world builder isn't working on my computer for some reason and i can't seam to find any support anywhere to try and fix it. It would be really nice if CIV would automatically update so i can see the changes as i make them. Do you think there would be any way you could make the info box smaller or off to the right so you could see more of the map?

Anyways thanks a bunch this is a great mod to use while in game and I am very appreciative of what you have done

OverWind
Oct 20, 2011, 06:34 AM
Thank you very much, and I am glad to learn the tech tree does not look that bad. :)

I will wait for a couple of bugs to be discovered, some new features to be suggested and then I will release v11 with the fix I gave you, the fallback presentations for the policies and techs trees, and some performance improvements. Maybe a nice bonus feature too.

Hi DonQuiche. The layout bug seems to resolve itself after I cleared the cache. I didn't think about that however, since the bug was there the very first time I tried the editor. But now I think about it I did both download it manually and fetch it from the mod browser, so that probably gave a conflict. - I like the editor very much :)

A totally unrelated question: Is it possible to trigger the map-creation from inside the game? - I miss the "Recreate map" (or whatever it was called) button from Civ 4. - Sometimes I don't want to cheat by editing the map, but I'd like to try my luck on a another random map. And it's very annoying to go all the way back (also it doesn't remember a lot of your choices, grrrr).

But I guess if that were possible, it would also be possible for you to change the terrain realtime :(

DonQuiche
Oct 20, 2011, 12:22 PM

@Patches98531
Regardring the size of the IGE window, I am aware it can be troublesome below 1600x1200.
* On the location, yes, I could easily offer an option to move the window to the right. However, I doubt it will change much.
* On the width, the only limit is the ribbons/tabs bar. However, again, the width is not much of a problem.
* On the height I could save 10-30 pixels by redesigning the "ribbon/tabs bar" and removing the small space at the bottom of the window (between the scrollbar and the bottom of the screen). Unfortunately, the benefit would be small but it's the best "benefit/amount of work" solution so I may offer an option for this (or do it automatically for low resolutions).
* The core of the window, however, has to be 410px height to accommodate the techs tree, the first column of the terrain panels and the left side of the players' panel. if I want to add more buttons Below that I would either have to add a vertical scrollbar (not a good solution) or to offer a different UI for low resolutions (replacing the tech tree buttons by mere labels within a 1px border, designing a smaller rivers widget, lowering the height of about every UI element). But this last solution would mean a lot of work, maintaining two different UI codes, systemically testing everything under two resolutions, and twice more bugs. So, well, I am not really enthusiast. :crazyeye:

Regarding the terrain not being updated, please note that the strategic map is a little better for this: it reacts to a change in hills/mountains/flat land. And I am thinking about replacing the strategic map by a custom one when IGE is opened. I am not sure it is possible, though (will every tile be perfectly aligned ?).

@Overwind
Woot! One less bug to fix! I was pretty sure the cache was the problem. :)

Regarding the re-creation of the map, as you suspected, even if it was possible, the map would not be updated. Maybe the minimap would be, however. Now, is it possible ? I guess I could find a way to call the map script for your game settings but I fear that any settler located in a plot turned to water would disappear, causing the death of this player. All in all, it smells bad, the smell of a timesink that would not produce decent results. I guess you should better try to find a mod that save your game settings anytime you start a game (and I second you here: the way civ5 saves our settings once a year is really frustrating).

Meallan
Oct 20, 2011, 12:31 PM
DonQuiche,

Great work on the editor. I would like to request some new features if that's ok?

1) Would it be possible to be able to change the name of cities. i.e. cities that belong to an AI Civ.
2) Would it be possible to add new cities to the map via the in game editor?

Thanks

DonQuiche
Oct 20, 2011, 12:44 PM
Hello Meallan and welcome on Civ Fanatics. :)

Those are two interesting features and none of them seem troublesome, I think I will add them for the next version.
Besides I would like to see what a carpet of cities looks like (with no space between them). :D

Meallan
Oct 20, 2011, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome and thanks for considering my changes :)

I am not that new to Civ Fanatics, I browse the forums a bit now and again, only signed up now as I wanted to say thanks for the Editor and request the changes. I used to play Civ IV alot and used to frequently make use of the in game editor, so was not impressed that it was missing from Civ5 but was very happy to see your editor listed in the online Mods.

I will keep a watchful eye open for the next version :)

Mars83
Oct 20, 2011, 09:34 PM
@Mars83
It seems like I misunderstood you. Did you actually want something like "suggestions" ? For example, if the selected plot has "deers" you would like IGE to highlight the "camp" item ?

the suggestion was the disbanding a team. If its not possible oh well.

the issue of hand was the the deer on the tile the "camp" does not light up. Silk and etc on the Tile plantion does not light up. Sheep/cattle on the tile pasture does not light up.

I would like to see them light up not like the rest that are lit up on different tiles.

But otherwise its a great mod.

Joey

Fr8monkey
Oct 21, 2011, 08:44 AM
Trying not to sound live a nimrod here; but how do you get the editor to work? What file do you put it in?

DonQuiche
Oct 21, 2011, 02:04 PM
@Mars83
I think I understood. I guess that you were actually talking about the white/gray color for labels to notify an enabled/disabled state ? Actually, a resource is only enabled (white) on the terrain+feature combinations that allow them according to the XML data. In my humble opinion, the fact that a camp or a plantation exist on a tile should not be enough to enable a resource: if you put a camp on a desert tile, should furs be enabled (set to white / lit up) ?

@Fr8monkey
You must unzip the archive in "My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/Mods".
In the end, the IGE_Loader.lua file should be located in: "My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/Mods/Ingame Editor (v10)/IGE_Loader.lua"

Do it *before* you start civ5. Then run the game, enable it in the "mods" menu, start a game (still from the mods menu). On the bottom right corner, near the year, you will see a "* IGE *" label. Click it.

I'm going to add those installation instructions on the first page.

Mars83
Oct 21, 2011, 04:20 PM
@Mars83
I think I understood. I guess that you were actually talking about the white/gray color for labels to notify an enabled/disabled state ? Actually, a resource is only enabled (white) on the terrain+feature combinations that allow them according to the XML data. In my humble opinion, the fact that a camp or a plantation exist on a tile should not be enough to enable a resource: if you put a camp on a desert tile, should furs be enabled (set to white / lit up) ?

So its the terrain+feature not the resourse on it ok. that make sense...

I did find a bug last night... strange bug it was when i was fighting with Washington. He was taking away tiles to close to me city so i was taking them back and alittle too much. So i took the tile away on Washington city for example New York. When decided to do it the fun way i removed that i owned it and well crash/freeze there of the title had stars on gold, food, science, and that hammer icon. I'm not going do that again.

Joey

DonQuiche
Oct 23, 2011, 03:34 AM
@Mars83
Erf. Another bug I cannot fix, thank you Firaxis. :dunno:

Plette
Oct 23, 2011, 11:32 AM
For some reason, IGE seems to not be working for me with Civilization Nights.

I installed both mods, with no other mods installed. I deleted the cache and the contents of the moduserdata file.

When I start a game with both mods enabled, I see the *IGE* in the top right and when I hover over it, as expected, it says "Open or close the Ingame Editor." However, when I click it, I hear the click sound as if the window were opening, but the window does not appear. If I right click on *IGE*, I get the short options menu (safe mode, show yields, and show resource icons). But even in safe mode, I cannot get the editor window to appear.

If I start a game without Civilization Nights, the in game editor works just fine (and I love it, by the way, which is why I want it to be compatible!)

I am playing a legal copy of the game through Steam, up to date.

Any suggestions?

DonQuiche
Oct 23, 2011, 12:13 PM
Hello Plette. :)

Thank you for the report. I downloaded NiGHTS 106 and checked the console. The error is due to NiGHTS declaring an invalid prerequisite for a policy. I made IGE tolerant with that and reported the problem to the NiGHTS' developers.

I attached a modified version of IGE_API_Data.lua (renamed to txt). Quit civ5, replace the original file with this one and it should work fine. Please note however that the science and social policies panels won't work correctly for NiGHTS before the next version of IGE (the vanilla tree logic doesn't work for such extreme modifications, I implemented compatible fallbacks for those cases in the next version). The next version will come out in a couple of days, maybe tomorrow.

By the way, the next version will also displayed a proper error message rather silently failing when you click IGE and an error occus.

Plette
Oct 23, 2011, 12:24 PM
Wow, thanks! What a quick response :)

I will implement your temporary fix and I will be watching for an updated version of IGE in the next couple of days. You are an incredibly responsive mod developer! Let me know if you do paypal donations as I'd be happy to kick a few dollars your way. The IGE makes Civ5 a lot more playable for me--I hate those maps where they randomly put a square of desert in the middle of a forest...being able to edit it away instead of restarting a new game saves me a lot of frustration.

DonQuiche
Oct 23, 2011, 03:38 PM
Thank you for the compliments. :)

I currently do not offer support for paypal donations both because I always thinked that too few people would donate and because there are some questions I would need to solve first (fiscal declaration, Paypal's EULA, potential anonymity breaking). I am also afraid by a few users on another popular project I contributed to who forgot it was meant to be a reciprocal gift and started to consider themselves as premium users we would be indebted to. All of that being said, I recently considered the total audience of all of my free projects and thought it might worth the effort, so, who knows, maybe in a close future.

Anyway, knowing that you do appreciate my work is a nice enough reward in itself. But thank you for the kind attention. :)

DibGoodVibes
Oct 24, 2011, 02:43 AM
Hi DonQuiche,

First off, thanks very mch for your mod, it's a real helper! I have been having issues starting the IGE with the mod Community Call to Power. It does not throw any error message. it just does not start when clicking on it. The right click does bring the start up option though. I will try the fix you did for the NIGHTS mod and let you know if it works too.

DonQuiche
Oct 24, 2011, 04:48 AM
Hello DidGoodVibes

The problem is already known and I posted a fix here (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10979481&postcount=160). The one for the NiGHTS mod won't work, those are two different problems.

DonQuiche
Oct 24, 2011, 03:51 PM
Version 11 has been released.
Polishing up... The end is near.

Bugfixes and alike:
* Mod compatibility: made IGE tolerant with non-conventional culture yields (CCTP) and invalid policy prerequisites (NiGHTS).
* Added a fallback presentation made of simple lists for mods that use custom techs/policies layout (Spartz's Alpha Centauri, NiGHTS, etc).
* When an error occurs during initialization, IGE will now display a popup about possible mod incompatibility, cache corruption, along with the error.

New features and improvements:
* Undo ! Redo ! Only works for terrain panels, hit Ctrl+Z and Ctrl+Y
* Plop cities: on the city panel, shift + left click on the map.
* Rename cities: on the city panel, the city label is now editable.
* Added keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl + i to open/close IGE, F1-F4 and F6-F8 for panels.
* Added a "Quick save" and "Save and reload" buttons. Shortcuts are F5 and Ctrl+F5.
* Added an auto-save option to make IGE saves your game anytime you open it. Just as quick save, it will use "IGE1" to "IGE3" filenames. Right-click *IGE* to disable it.
* The UI vertically shrinks by 21 pixels when the vertical resolution is lesser than 1000.
* Performances improvements when painting.

Known bugs:
* Spawning a unit also creates a city, a patch is available here (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10996759&postcount=185).

papa1
Oct 24, 2011, 05:23 PM
Don - Just thank you!

Gilgamesch
Oct 25, 2011, 04:17 AM
:D:D Great work Don!!!!!!!

I have just tested V11, with CCTP (and many other Mods), and it works perfect for me.
Your work is so awesome, i cant wait to play my first games with IGE.
:goodjob:
Keep up your brilliant work.

DonQuiche
Oct 25, 2011, 01:08 PM
Thanks to both of you for the cheers. :)

Mars83
Oct 25, 2011, 05:30 PM
like the changes and such but it seems i'm the bug finder so far lol...

I found that when adding ANY units in the IGE you start to form cities... Along with the unit being added to the game. No crash but not great if you got a line of cities next to each other with mech units in them...

Joey

DonQuiche
Oct 25, 2011, 05:55 PM
Oops! :lol:

Thank you for your constant feedback, Mars83. :)
Here is the patch, I will wait a bit before I upload a new version to see whether new bugs are found or not.

ladynicole
Oct 25, 2011, 08:39 PM
DonQuiche, what exactly do we do/put the txt file?

I came to the forums specifically to find the fix for unit dropping creating cities. :)

DonQuiche
Oct 25, 2011, 08:59 PM
Hello Ladynicole and welcome to the CFC forums. :)

First, exit civ5. Then go to "My Documents/My Games/Civ5/Mods/Ingame Editor/Panels".
You will find a "IGE_CitiesPanel.lua" file, replace it with the fixed version (after you changed the extension from ".txt" to ".lua").

Mars83
Oct 25, 2011, 11:02 PM

Here is the patch, I will wait a bit before I upload a new version to see whether new bugs are found or not.

LOL
I installed the patch i'll give it a try abit later today... Since i don't have the items to change from txt to lua i copied and pasted the new with the old... though i know when the v12 mod comes out the fix will be there.

Joey

Nanzook
Oct 26, 2011, 02:16 PM
Hats of to you:thanx::hatsoff:

So simple and easy to use.

I have learned so much about how the games work with this mod.
Most of the buggs I have encountered have been mentioned

Again Wow nice work

Mars83
Oct 26, 2011, 02:35 PM
Well i think i'm going wait for v12...the city icon has gone missing... I don't know its the effect of copy the patch in the IGE_CitiesPanel[1].txt and pasted it into IGE_CitiesPanel.lua...

Joey

MindXX
Oct 26, 2011, 08:25 PM

What file do you relace the patch with? IGE_CitiesPanel or IGE_CitiesPanel.lua?

DonQuiche
Oct 26, 2011, 08:42 PM
Hello everyone.

@MindXXX
You must replace the LUA file, not the XML one.

@Mars83
Sorry to heard something went wrong, you probably did some mistake while copying the content. So far, v12 only adds the fix, no new features or anything else (anyway, I consider IGE to be complete, there is only one thing I may add in the future). I am still waiting for possible new bugs before I release it.

@Nanzook
Thank you. :)

MindXX
Oct 26, 2011, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the quick response.

DonQuiche
Oct 29, 2011, 05:19 AM
Version 12 has been released.
Final version unless bugs or incompatibilities are discovered.

Bugfixes
Fixes the bug that caused cities to be spawned anytime a unit was plopped.

A word from the author
While I will continue to support IGE, I do not plan to add new features and I am already working on something else, not related to civ5. Although I may satisfy future requests, I consider IGE to be mature and fine now as it is. As a result, I expect this thread's activity to decrease from now on.

I would like to thank all of you who supported this addon, for your cheers, your critics, your feedback, your bug reports, your patience sometimes, your positive ratings both on the CF database and the in-game mods browser. While, on the programming side, it was an uncomfortable and not very satisfying experience (although somehow refreshing due to the rudimentary approach), the users' community I found here on CF was one of the most pleasant to interact with in my developer's experience and, without you, I would have never pushed IGE that far.

Thanks to all of you and maybe we will encounter again on other horizons. :cheers:

PS : If you ever find a bug or a mod incompatibility, just post here as you used to do, I will be warned through e-mails.

ZERO_777
Oct 29, 2011, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the response. But, I deleted all the cache in the Civ5 folder and deleted the previous versions of IGE. It could probably be the mods that I had installed.

DonQuiche
Oct 29, 2011, 10:58 AM
Unfortunately, I am not surprised, the error you reported was likely caused by a mod incompatibility. Should you decide to test which mod caused IGE to fail, I would be interested to know so that I can quickly make IGE tolerant to it. Once I know the mod, it only takes a couple of minutes to install it, figure out the problem and fix it.

Gilgamesch
Oct 30, 2011, 05:43 PM
Just find some kind of bug, when you play with CCTP and you choose the policy (monarchie), should give plus 3 hf":D" per garrison , it doesnt function. When i wait to choose the policy normally, it works perfect. Not yet tested with other policies tribes.

BTW:confused: Is there a way to change the time with IGE? It would by so great when we could change the legal Year. Thats would be very awesome, but sadly you finished the mod already. :lol:?

DonQuiche
Oct 30, 2011, 08:20 PM
Hello Gilgamesch. :)

Wow! You spotted a nice bug, thank you very much! Indeed, the bug's extent is far wider than what you have imagined: actually, the initial bonus granted when you unlock a branch and the finisher granted when you complete one are NEVER granted. It's not specific to CCTP, it occurs without any mod!

Indeed, I always thought those bonuses were automatically granted and I just realized that I had to make IGE grant them. Seems like no one noticed the problem before you did, congratulations. I completed the fix and will release a v13 in a couple of days, I am waiting for more bugs. Meanwhile, I suggest you use the "free policy" feature from the players' panel to unlock or complete branches.

Finally, I am still considering requests. Regarding the year, well... It's not possible to change the turn number but the displayed year can be changed (actually, I can change the starting year and the game infers the current year from the starting year and the turn number). However, it would produce an odd behaviour: currently, around 1900, the increment per turn is one year. Now if you set the start year at -10000, the increment per turn would be set to one year at -4100 and the final turns of the game would be -4101, -4102, etc. And this cannot be changed. Imho, it's too clumsy but I would like to hear what you think about it.

NotARapist
Oct 30, 2011, 11:11 PM
I can't open the editor in game when using it together with the Civilization NiGHTS mod. It opens and functions properly when it is used with other mods, but I receive this error when using it with Civilization NiGHTS:

line:237: attempt to call field 'CompareFileTime' (a nil value)

donlep
Oct 30, 2011, 11:16 PM
love what you have done with the editor since V4 when i last played civ :)

the game im playing now i started with V11, and i had the place city with troops bug
V12 fixxed that, but the interface is messed up, im guessing because i still have V4 and V11 installed? basically the first 2 options(edit tile edit city?) are repeated infinitely along the window, so i can only open the other options if i remember the shortcut:lol:

anyway im thinking that will resolve itself either when i start a new game or maybe if i can figure out how to delete the old versions
sofar i have been unable to find a mod folder in the steammap/civ5 folder
i have done searched for ingame editor, IGE, editor, mod, mods, etc but still havent found it

i also encountered the add policy bug wich it sounds like you are aware off, and i had to use the free SP trick
i think there is also a bug, where if you add cities they wont affect your SP cost, to get around that i guess you can spawn settlers and build the cities;)

Mars83
Oct 31, 2011, 12:37 AM
Found something of interest... add in the v13
After expanding the tiles of the city of the maxium point. after to return to the game the fog doesn't follow most of the time.
And i don't know if this is part of a crash or what but i made a defense pact with an AI and it crashes either when the defense pact is made or when another AI attacks the other AI in the pact....used the Terra map

DonQuiche
Oct 31, 2011, 01:22 AM
@NoRapist
Do you use a legal and up-to-date version of the game ?
As much as you want to use IGE, trying to find ghost bugs will only make me lose my time.
CompareFileTime is a function introduced during one of the latest months' patches. ;)
Nevertheless, I just added a check to disable the autosave if the function does not exist.

@Donlep
The bug you observed is indeed caused by the presence of another version of IGE. Deleting it and flushing the cache will solve everything. The directories are actually under "My documents/My games", see the troubleshooting (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10812084&postcount=2) guide if you need more help. :)

Regarding the SP cost, indeed you're right, thank you. Reloading currently fixes the problem and I found a way to make the game properly updates the SP cost in the next version.

@Mars83
Regarding the crash, I don't think IGE has anything to do with it, unless you used IGE to force something unusual you forgot to mention (alliance between people at war?).

Now, for the fog not being updated after a city borders expansion... I guess the "glance at map" feature was on while you expanded borders, am I correct? If I am, I am not sure whether I can fix it, Firaxis made handling this really tricky: basically, on my computer, some updates are performed three frames after I expand the borders, so I had to disable some parts of the fog monitor during those three frames. Shorter than that, the update wasn't fired; longer than that there is a risk that the user perform another action while the fog monitor is disabled and therefore causes a bigger mess. But this "three frames" magic number may vary between computers.

So, you may want to try to experiment different magic values: on line number 29 in IGE_Core.lua, replace the "3" on the IGE_Schedule call by another higher number, "100" for example, then click once on "expand borders" and make sure you don't do anything else for the three-five seconds after that. If the bug doesn't occur after that, it's great, we confirmed the problem. Now restart with smaller values, "4", then "5", etc, until you find a number that suits your computer and report it to me, I will consider whether it's low enough to still be safe for other users.

Yes, I know, it's clumsy, but it's how the Firaxis API is when it comes to fog. :sad:

PS: It's quite obvious that you're not comfortable with English. If by chance you're more familiar with the French language, we can use it. No offense here, just a friendly proposition. :)

NotARapist
Oct 31, 2011, 02:44 AM
Alright, I apologize for bothering you, especially without following all of the instructions in the troubleshooting guide first. I'll update my game and see if it helps.

Mars83
Oct 31, 2011, 02:55 AM
I kinda figured it may not be it due to i was using the map of "Terra Earth" as all the civs were more near eachother than usual. So i wanted to correct that now. On other maps like earth, small islands, or 4 corners is acting normal.

Firaxis can be evil on these things don't you agree? long ago i failed french class as i can understand english and speak english; just my grammar/spelling ain't that great....my level of understanding isn't that high...Years ago i'd be going on with run-on sentences. I'm improving as time goes on...And no offense taken. Hope that helps you to understand me abit more of myself.

"So, you may want to try to experiment different magic values: on line number 29 in IGE_Core.lua, replace the "3" on the IGE_Schedule call by another higher number, "100" for example, then click once on "expand borders" and make sure you don't do anything else for the three-five seconds after that. If the bug doesn't occur after that, it's great, we confirmed the problem. Now restart with smaller values, "4", then "5", etc, until you find a number that suits your computer and report it to me,..."

its not much is major crash so i'm not going play around with it.

papa1
Oct 31, 2011, 11:56 AM
ps: It's quite obvious that you're not comfortable with english. If by chance you're more familiar with the French language, we can use it.

А с русским языком вы знакомы?:) (Russian language)

DonQuiche
Oct 31, 2011, 03:44 PM
@NotARapist
Do not worry, you didn't bother me. :)

@Mars83
I respect your choice to not bother playing with different magic numbers, I know how tedious this can be. ;)

@Papa1
Sorry, I do not understand Russian. :(
English or French are fine, I can also understand Spanish and German a bit but nothing good enough to offer a support in those languages (blame those teachers who decided it would be entertaining to rename me "Sven" for years rather than exposing the most interesting aspects of the German culture).

lord_graywolfe
Nov 02, 2011, 11:26 AM
Wow this works great i am so glad that you made this. Brings Civ V a little closer to the level of fun i have with Civ IV. Have not found any bugs at this time, course i am only using it to edit maps on a small scale. It would be great if there was a way to regenerate a whole new map if we werent happy with the one we started with. Thanks again for all the work.

Gilgamesch
Nov 02, 2011, 12:53 PM
Finally, I am still considering requests. Regarding the year, well... It's not possible to change the turn number but the displayed year can be changed (actually, I can change the starting year and the game infers the current year from the starting year and the turn number). However, it would produce an odd behaviour: currently, around 1900, the increment per turn is one year. Now if you set the start year at -10000, the increment per turn would be set to one year at -4100 and the final turns of the game would be -4101, -4102, etc. And this cannot be changed. Imho, it's too clumsy but I would like to hear what you think about it.
:lol:Yeah i changed my start time since i mod for my own, at least 12000bc. So i remember my first time when i entered the future ad, course then years come to fast. Funny, but then i find something to tweak the turn issue(Also here in the Mod Component area).
But i would be great when you could change the actuel time, maybe with a trigger that sets the timeline in different places (so that you can choose the phase). Dont know if this would be possible.
At least i have encountered some CTD, not sure what course this, but ever after changing the map (coast to mountain, coast to hill, new rivers), not directly, but often after reload and playing some turns.
Thanks for the quick response and the awesome IGE

DonQuiche
Nov 02, 2011, 10:56 PM
@Lord graywolfe
Thanks for the cheers. :)
Regarding the feature you suggested, unfortunately, it's hardly possible since we cannot update the terrain graphics and minimap nor change the starting locations (and if your settler suddenly drowns into water, you die). For those reasons, the only way one could achieve it would involve a) to use a custom two-phases map script dealing with the existing settlers (meaning you couldn't choose the map script) and b) write a custom map display to let you preview the map. And, in the end, you would still have to save and reload.

In the end, a better solution would be to write a mod that let you preview and regenerate the map *before* you start your game, generate a pseudo-scenario file and load that file. But all of this is well beyond the scope of IGE.

@Gilgamesch
It would definitely be possible to create a monitoring system to change the year on every turn based on a simple configurable system. However, to achieve that, I would need to turn IGE into a mod that affects your savegame since I would need to save local data and since global data would affect all your games (and that would be a big mistake). So, to achieve what you want, I would need to hinder some other users and I am not hot for this.

Regarding the crashes to desktop, in the past you could corrupt your savegames with IGE (by setting ocean tiles right next to land, without coasts between them). Since a couple of versions now it should no longer possible. So, if you experienced corrupted savegames with recent versions I would be eager to know any reproduction step but I am quite confident that IGE is now corruption-proof. :)

On the other hand, if you simply experienced mere crashes some time after using IGE, well, I guess some of the civ5 API may leave the game in a dirty state but there is nothing I could do about it, it would be Firaxis' job. In this case, reloading would be a mere crash accelerator since it involves handling lot of data at once. However, once your game would have been restarted, reloading a savegame modified with IGE would be perfectly safe and couldn't cause crashes. Finally, I have to say I never experienced such crashes myself with stable versions of IGE even in games where I frequently used it so I would like to point out that other mods may be the cause.

lord_graywolfe
Nov 03, 2011, 08:16 AM
oh well it was just a thought lol. i have always hated having to go back out and start another game if i didnt care for the starting spot but at least with your editor i have more control over that now.

DonQuiche
Nov 04, 2011, 03:06 PM
Version 13 has been released.
Final version unless new bugs or incompatibilities are discovered.

Bugfixes
* The cost of the next SP is now properly updated when you plop new cities.
* Made IGE compatible again with some obsolete (and likely pirate) versions of the game.
* The opening and finishing bonuses were not granted when you unlocked or completed a social policy branch.
* Slightly enhanced the techs and social policies trees validation (a process to detect mods with data that would not fit the conventional tree layouts - IGE then use a fallback display). May improve things for some exotic mods although no problem has been reported so far.

TheDeity
Nov 05, 2011, 03:53 PM
Does this work on a Mac, and if so how to download and make work in game???????

DonQuiche
Nov 06, 2011, 07:31 AM
Do not shout!!!!!!!
Firaxis didn't bother to support mods on the mac version of civ5. However some users managed to make them work, probably by using the PC version on mac through some "emulator/recompiler/call interceptor". Now I don't have a mac and cannot help you, this problem is not related to IGE.

eldarlmari
Nov 13, 2011, 04:26 AM
hi i cant seems to get R.e.d modpack to work with IGE. here's the lua log:

[63234.390] Initializing Lua 5.1.4
[63322.875] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63322.906] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63322.938] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63330.266] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63331.984] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63332.891] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63334.547] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63335.438] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63338.156] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63340.922] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63343.203] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63343.969] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63346.375] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63347.438] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63348.203] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63350.656] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63351.359] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63353.031] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63354.859] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63356.563] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63357.313] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63360.719] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63362.094] InstalledPanel: true
[63362.422] InstalledPanel: true
[63365.047] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63366.500] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63367.484] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63370.328] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63374.484] InstalledPanel: true
[63374.797] InstalledPanel: true
[63376.969] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63380.203] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63383.031] InstalledPanel: true
[63383.391] InstalledPanel: true
[63386.281] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63387.641] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63392.375] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63393.047] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63394.266] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63395.938] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63396.844] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63398.250] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63399.016] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63401.313] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63402.094] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63405.703] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63406.719] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63407.500] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63408.313] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63409.203] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63410.031] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63413.516] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63414.422] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63415.500] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63417.188] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63418.375] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63419.891] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63421.422] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63422.594] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[63468.813] SelectMapType: Americas
[63468.813] SelectMapType: Asia
[63468.813] SelectMapType: Americas
[63468.828] SelectMapType: Mediterranean
[63468.828] SelectMapType: Mesopotamia
[63468.828] SelectMapType: Ancient Lakes
[63468.828] SelectMapType: 11111111111111111111111111111.Civ5Map
[63468.828] SelectMapType: 12aaaaaaa.Civ5Map
[63468.828] SelectMapType: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaf.Civ5Map
[63468.828] SelectMapType: Loook sgoof
[63468.828] SelectMapType: nice
[63468.828] SelectMapType: nice1
[63468.828] SelectMapType: not bad.Civ5Map
[63468.828] SelectMapType: notbadsial
[63468.828] SelectMapType: VERYGOOD1
[63468.828] SelectMapType: warrior
[63468.828] SelectMapType: Bering Strait
[63468.828] SelectMapType: British Isles
[63468.828] SelectMapType: Caribbean
[63468.828] SelectMapType: Eastern United States
[63468.828] SelectMapType: Japanese Mainland
[63522.141] CivilopediaScreen: SetSelectedCategory(12)
[63522.141] CivilopediaScreen: CivilopediaCategory[CategoryTerrain].DisplayList
[63522.188] CivilopediaScreen: SetSelectedCategory(1)
[63522.188] CivilopediaScreen: CivilopediaCategory[CategoryHomePage].DisplayList
[63522.922] Tutorial: Enabling Tutorial
[63523.516] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\ConfirmImprovementR ebuildPopup.lua
[63523.516] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\CityPlotManagementP opup.lua
[63523.516] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\ConfirmCommandPopup .lua
[63523.516] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\MinorCivEnterTerrit oryPopup.lua
[63523.516] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\LiberateMinorPopup. lua
[63523.516] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\ReturnCivilianPopup .lua
[63523.516] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\AnnexCityPopup.lua
[63523.516] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\DeclareWarMovePopup .lua
[63523.516] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\BarbarianRansomPopu p.lua
[63523.516] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\ConfirmGiftPopup.lu a
[63523.516] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\ConfirmCityTaskPopu p.lua
[63523.516] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\PuppetCityPopup.lua
[63523.516] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\GreatPersonPopup.lu a
[63523.516] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\DeclareWarRangeStri kePopup.lua
[63523.516] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\ConfirmPolicyBranch Popup.lua
[63523.516] GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\MinorCivGoldPopup.l ua
[63524.625] InfoAddictDataManager: INFO: Loading InfoAddict Data Manager
[63524.703] InfoAddictDataManager: INFO: InfoAddict Version: 16
[63524.781] InfoAddictDataManager: INFO: Using replay data: false
[63524.859] InfoAddictDataManager: INFO: Game Version: 1.0.1.348 (232155)
[63524.938] InfoAddictDataManager: INFO: Start Turn: 0
[63525.016] InfoAddictDataManager: INFO: Num of Civs: 11
[63525.094] InfoAddictDataManager: INFO: Updating the historical data table with 0 turns took 0s to complete (0 queries).
[63525.172] InfoAddictHistoricalData: INFO: No data for DrawGraph(score): 0s
[63525.328] InfoAddictCivRelations: INFO: Total time to build political view: 0s
[63525.438] InfoAddictHistoricalData: INFO: No data for DrawGraph(score): 0s
[63525.438] IGE_Controller_All: ************************************************** **************
[63525.438] IGE_Controller_All: Starting...
[63525.453] IGE_Overlay: loaded
[63525.453] IGE_CityBanner: loaded
[63525.453] IGE_MiniMap: loaded
[63525.469] IGE_TabsBar: IGE_TabsBar
[63525.469] IGE_ActivePlayerSelection: IGE_ActivePlayerSelection
[63525.484] IGE_RiversElement: IGE_RiversElement
[63525.484] IGE_TerrainPanel: IGE_TerrainPanel
[63525.500] IGE_CitiesPanel: IGE_CitiesPanel
[63525.500] IGE_UnitsPanel: IGE_UnitsPanel
[63525.516] IGE_PlayersPanel: IGE_PlayersPanel
[63525.516] IGE_TechsPanel: IGE_TechsPanel
[63525.531] IGE_PoliciesPanel: IGE_PoliciesPanel
[63525.531] IGE_ConfirmPopup: IGE_ConfirmPopup
[63525.547] IGE_Window: IGE_Window
[63525.547] IGE_Window: IGE loaded
[63525.766] TechTree: AdvisorControl could not be found
[63525.766] Demographics: Dequeuing demographics
[63525.766] Demographics: Dequeuing demographics

DonQuiche
Nov 13, 2011, 04:52 AM
Hello Eldamarli. :)

Could you please state your exact problem ? Because I just tested IGE with the latest verion of RED (v11) and everything was fine for me. Besides, the lua log you provided does not mention any error.

If you observed an incorrect layout or too many tabs, it's because you have older versions of IGE along with the most recent one, or a cache problem: please see the troubleshooting guide on page 1.

eldarlmari
Nov 13, 2011, 07:56 AM
the game keeps crashing at the loading screen (the 1 with the guy talking)

DonQuiche
Nov 13, 2011, 12:22 PM
It cannot be related to IGE, mods are not even loaded at this point. :)

It's likely to be a files corruption, I suggest you use the steam feature to repair your game ("check cache integrity" or something like that).

EDIT: Wait, did you mean the introduction video or the audio speech about your civilization when starting a new game ? Anyway, the solution should be the same and if the problem still occurs it's likely to be related to RED and your graphic and audio settings/dx version/drivers, not to IGE. Especially since IGE loads fine according to your log.

Mars83
Nov 14, 2011, 01:36 AM
the game keeps crashing at the loading screen (the 1 with the guy talking)

i had that too but i figured the problem was. Did you try to add another civ that was in the mod screen like the civ of Bol... something like that. Because having that will having freezing...

Joey

DonQuiche
Nov 14, 2011, 02:03 AM
@Mars83
Could you please confirm it was not related to IGE at all ?

eldarlmari
Nov 14, 2011, 09:21 AM
sorry if i was too vague. it's the screen after starting a fresh game(about the civ's history, so and so, bla bla bla)

it's either IGE or RED because i tried testing by starting new games without 1 another(could play games with IGE but not together with RED, vice versa.)

DonQuiche
Nov 14, 2011, 10:03 AM
Regarding the log you provided, are you sure it was for a session where a crash occured ? Because, since I don't experience this bug myself and since the lua log reports no error, there is no way I can infere what happens when those two addons are coexisting. Unless, maybe, if you can provide me clear reproduction steps : then I could try to empirically figure out where the problem is through a painful session of repeated crashes (I so love to wait for civ5 to start - that game is so damn slow and always crash in ugly ways).

aender
Nov 15, 2011, 09:50 AM
not reporting a bug at all, my only problem is i also use good clock v3 and the icon for this is directly over the clock so if you could please move it to the left roughly its same size, other then that it works fine

DonQuiche
Nov 15, 2011, 10:05 AM
Unfortunately, whatever I do with the position of the IGE label, it will always cause trouble for someone : the space on the left is limited under low resolutions and may be filled up by other mods, and there are mods who are already on the left of clocks.

So I suggest you rather customize it for yourself, it's really easy : open the "IGE_Window.xml" file with the notepad. It's located under "My Documents/My Games/Civ5/Mods/Ingame Editor". Now search for "MainButton" and it will reach a line at the very bottom that looks like :

<TextButton ID="MainButton" Anchor="R,T" Offset="340,6" Font="TwCenMT20" NormalState="Beige_Black" MouseOver="White_Black" ButtonDown="Beige_Black_Alpha"
String="[ICON_CAPITAL] IGE [ICON_CAPITAL]" ToolTip="[COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT]Open or close Ingame Editor (Ctrl + i)[ENDCOLOR][NEWLINE]Right-click to toggle options."/>

Just change the "offset" field to "380,6" for example and it will be tailored for you. :)
The first number is the margin from the right side and the second one the margin from the top side. Civ5 will need to be restarted in order for the change to take effet.

aender
Nov 15, 2011, 12:03 PM
cool ty for the quick reply and i'll give it a try, where i usually play thats my only clock and well the game has made me late for work in the past and i just started playing again and don't want that happening

Venger
Nov 26, 2011, 05:01 PM
Quick question - does this editor allow you to change the victory conditions of an existing game? Read through the thread and don't see this noted anywhere, anyone familiar with this inform me? Sometimes I forget to uncheck game conditions I hate and a really good game gets ruined when some clown builds a spaceship or wins the UN vote...

Thanks...

DonQuiche
Nov 26, 2011, 05:14 PM
Hello. Unfortunately, no, the public API does not allow mods to do that.

maqabee
Nov 28, 2011, 08:16 AM
I am able to use the builder, though if I add a wonder with it, it increases the yield okay but the wonder building, land feature does not appear. Is that normal or should I be doing something else. Thanks in advance for your reply.

DonQuiche
Nov 28, 2011, 08:57 AM
Hello Maqabee.

The land feature should definitely appear. And I don't think I ever observed this problem. Could you do some tests to see which wonders are troublesome please ?

Mars83
Nov 30, 2011, 01:28 AM
@Mars83
Could you please confirm it was not related to IGE at all ?

Sorry for not repsonding sooner... When i tried adding a new civ with was the Vietnam Civ the game froze when the game didn't like the civ's image... Though the new versions of Darkhour's perfect word has its own graphic issues and v3 caused my game be stuck at the loading screen. Government building mod freezes before it even loads. Without those mods active... IGE runs great. IGE is not the cause of the freezing. I do not believe IGE is the cause.
I tried with IGE not selected as it still had issues with those mods

Joey

sawi_13
Dec 10, 2011, 01:06 AM
OK I know from experience with CivIV mods it is probably due to my own ignorance rather than being a bug when something doesn't work. So I don't report it as a bug, but more as a cry for help.

- I installed IGE (v.13) as instructed
- yes I am registered with Steam and the game is up to date
- I recently purchased all the additional civs (Vikings, Spain/Inca etc. 6 in total)
- I started the game through mods and checked IGE
- started Single Player with the following choices: Cathrine-Russia/Continents Plus/Standard size/Settler/Quick
- the game locked up on the loading screen
- exiting via task manager I got the message: "unable to load texture Art\IgeIcons.dds"

Well as I said, it's probably something really simple that I messed up, but what is it :confused:

Thanks for the help.

DonQuiche
Dec 10, 2011, 03:28 AM

IgeIcons.dds is no longer required by IGE (and no longer included with it), so I conclude you must have an old version instaled along of the old one. Just delete the old one (in MyDocuments/My Games/Civ5/Mods) and everything should be fine.

sawi_13
Dec 10, 2011, 05:37 AM

IgeIcons.dds is no longer required by IGE (and no longer included with it), so I conclude you must have an old version instaled along of the old one. Just delete the old one (in MyDocuments/My Games/Civ5/Mods) and everything should be fine.

No I just have v13 which I downloaded today (and it was the first mod for Civ V which I got from civfanatics.

What I did find in the "ModUserData" folder was an IGE-2 Data Base File. Problem is it seems to be distributed by Steam and is put back into the folder as soon as I start the game after deleting it :sad: and then it still doesn't work.

DonQuiche
Dec 10, 2011, 05:53 AM
The file in ModeUserData is created by IGE anytime it is started, it contains your preferences, nothing wrong with that : it's labelled "2" but it's only the preferences' version. No need to delete it. :)

Ok, here are a few questions:
* Could you please copy/paste here the content of the .modinfo file in "Mods/Ingame Editor (v13)" ? Open it with the notepad, it's a regular text file.
* Where did you got IGE from ? This thread, the in-game browser or the CivFanatics DB ?
* Was there any additional message aside of "unable to load texture", like the file causing error ?

CivOasis
Dec 10, 2011, 07:35 PM
Refresher question:
Can you add/remove cities to civs?

DonQuiche
Dec 10, 2011, 07:43 PM
@CivOasis
Yes. You can add them, remove them, for any civ, including city states and barbarians. :)

CivOasis
Dec 10, 2011, 07:51 PM
Thanks!

sawi_13
Dec 12, 2011, 04:49 AM
The file in ModeUserData is created by IGE anytime it is started, it contains your preferences, nothing wrong with that : it's labelled "2" but it's only the preferences' version. No need to delete it. :)

Ok, here are a few questions:
* Could you please copy/paste here the content of the .modinfo file in "Mods/Ingame Editor (v13)" ? Open it with the notepad, it's a regular text file.
* Where did you got IGE from ? This thread, the in-game browser or the CivFanatics DB ?
* Was there any additional message aside of "unable to load texture", like the file causing error ?

* is attached (I hope), edit: I'll just copy/paste
* I got IGE from the CivV download section here at civfanatics
* That was the only message I got

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Mod id="170c8ed1-b516-4fe2-b571-befeac39d220" version="13">
<Properties>
<Name>Ingame Editor</Name>
<Teaser>[COLOR_GREEN]Change terrain, units, cities, ...[ENDCOLOR]</Teaser>
<Description>[ICON_CAPITAL] IGE [ICON_CAPITAL][NEWLINE]
An ingame editor to alter the map and many other things on the fly.[NEWLINE]
[NEWLINE]
[COLOR_GREEN]Features[ENDCOLOR][NEWLINE]
[ICON_BULLET] Edit or paint terrain, features, natural wonders, resources, improvements, rivers, fog, etc.[NEWLINE]
[ICON_BULLET] Spawn new units, remove other ones, for any civilization, including barbarians.[NEWLINE]
[ICON_BULLET] Change cities' population, buildings, culture, status, etc.[NEWLINE]
[ICON_BULLET] Modify players' gold, culture, relations, etc. End wars or seed them, grant victory or inflict shame, etc.[NEWLINE]
[NEWLINE]
[COLOR_GREEN]Notes[ENDCOLOR][NEWLINE]
[COLOR_RED][ICON_BULLET] If you encounter bugs, delete older versions and empty your cache folder (My Documents/My Games/Civ5/cache).[NEWLINE][ENDCOLOR]
[NEWLINE]
[COLOR_GREEN]Compatibility[ENDCOLOR][NEWLINE]
[ICON_BULLET]Should be fully compatible with any mod and language.[NEWLINE]</Description>
<Authors>DonQuiche</Authors>
<SpecialThanks>CivFanatics and the folks lurking there.</SpecialThanks>
<HideSetupGame>0</HideSetupGame>
<Homepage>http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=10812084</Homepage>
<AffectsSavedGames>0</AffectsSavedGames>
<SupportsSinglePlayer>1</SupportsSinglePlayer>
<SupportsMultiplayer>0</SupportsMultiplayer>
<SupportsHotSeat>0</SupportsHotSeat>
<SupportsMac>1</SupportsMac>
<ReloadLandmarkSystem>0</ReloadLandmarkSystem>
<ReloadStrategicViewSystem>0</ReloadStrategicViewSystem>
<ReloadUnitSystem>0</ReloadUnitSystem>
</Properties>
<Dependencies />
<References />
<Blocks />
<Files>
<File md5="8539E1686278757E2C066188D2B1CCA7" import="1">Art/IgeBarbarianPortrait32.dds</File>
<File md5="E046C18ED442E506BD81F44C00F01B26" import="1">Art/IgeBarbarianPortrait64.dds</File>
<File md5="02E15C02FA263DBE56775FA98BE16B29" import="1">Art/IgeCheckmark.dds</File>
<File md5="02FB7A096F934304DDBDE32287486999" import="1">Art/IgeElevation.dds</File>
<File md5="63D04CB29B18BB9008C0DB9A0794F565" import="1">Art/IgeGrid9FrameTurns.dds</File>
<File md5="0A27A83DDE2D938E9BB83B1E69E47179" import="1">Art/IgeGrid9FrameTurnsHL.dds</File>
<File md5="D13E650B745A9067BC2AA08893F44625" import="1">Art/IgeMenuIcons.dds</File>
<File md5="5D7B24172EF577B9B8A20579596D2B66" import="1">Art/IgeMenuIconsSmall.dds</File>
<File md5="D210CD439912EDEC3F04AE81C0AA63BF" import="1">Art/IgeNone48.dds</File>
<File md5="31305C3F1DB6181ABD687AA10F7CFBBA" import="1">Art/IgeNone64.dds</File>
<File md5="3B80DACF4E6022035C79C8474C98E143" import="1">Art/IgeRiverVertex10.dds</File>
<File md5="956311F6DBC8D297A0C48927E5783584" import="1">Art/IgeTile256.dds</File>
<File md5="7E36579B9A5E2F2168790CA66C709EE0" import="1">Art/IgeTile256CCW.dds</File>
<File md5="3E6A94D9215AF4F50855A438016DE55A" import="1">Art/IgeTile256CW.dds</File>
<File md5="EABC1B2B0345240CC9014411CDF9440D" import="1">Art/IgeTile256Glow.dds</File>
<File md5="B48C1021ACA81D0D5B2A4519DBDA6E79" import="1">Art/IgeTopIcons.dds</File>
<File md5="BE6086A96238ACD52F070CED12C2FA49" import="1">BulkUI/IGE_CityBanner.lua</File>
<File md5="377D2DB9DB3927FB4F76695B12F2E19C" import="1">BulkUI/IGE_CityBanner.xml</File>
<File md5="D6A26BC59917E6D1756953DB686F89AB" import="1">BulkUI/IGE_MiniMap.lua</File>
<File md5="D04090F1AFB4856F63DC631CE3BEBD2B" import="1">BulkUI/IGE_MiniMap.xml</File>
<File md5="C4CEC3B4B09B9BC90A6D0ABD571A2988" import="1">BulkUI/IGE_NotificationPanel.lua</File>
<File md5="2B2473D4920FA2F13BC445BF05717CD3" import="1">BulkUI/IGE_NotificationPanel.xml</File>
<File md5="D3D6C1DB67BF6A73231F6A4BBFBC4F64" import="1">BulkUI/IGE_Overlay.lua</File>
<File md5="946650421299155977F901CDC13CC91C" import="1">BulkUI/IGE_Overlay.xml</File>
<File md5="51E2418D1855951166286F27C9158979" import="1">BulkUI/IGE_ProductionPopup.lua</File>
<File md5="1FCADE99930687FBBD40CD85C7176EC5" import="1">BulkUI/IGE_ProductionPopup.xml</File>
<File md5="BE033A6AC4DFE9007DA5A84FBDA963B6" import="1">IGE_Controller_Core.lua</File>
<File md5="CBAE9D14F6DBF5CB1227B8C6DCE29937" import="1">IGE_Controller_Debug.lua</File>
<File md5="DF30113DA958B881B1263D0DDBB26C11" import="1">IGE_API_All.lua</File>
<File md5="0A65561C9812462E01E69A15655C5C4B" import="1">IGE_API_Data.lua</File>
<File md5="CF0B378A9C8C54DFE991D4164CB5DB7B" import="1">IGE_API_Misc.lua</File>
<File md5="E5CE9E088796BFF13D4B528396EF3E29" import="1">IGE_API_Rivers.lua</File>
<File md5="E860AFBBDD1A0C93E063C088EEC25844" import="1">IGE_API_Terrain.lua</File>
<File md5="24D8452DADC8D7A2C8E88D495AFA1F32" import="1">IGE_API_UI.lua</File>
<File md5="15897CDDEA550F4A484BA5EF833A043C" import="1">IGE_Controller_All.xml</File>
<File md5="ADE2CA7DB4E56E939D00D158B6746E2E" import="1">IGE_Controller_Fog.lua</File>
<File md5="11AADFBACEB6F7E4E29EC2A54528C032" import="1">IGE_Controller_All.lua</File>
<File md5="5D14932668370ACC8F4F234F9E8A5A20" import="1">IGE_Loader.lua</File>
<File md5="A8646D3BC5C5C935BE61CB547332B60E" import="1">IGE_Loader.xml</File>
<File md5="7BAEF8568B1B2C7BE0F2D4957C9EF6C0" import="1">IGE_Window.lua</File>
<File md5="F0D4C12227D1C82070592E353D140CBA" import="1">IGE_Window.xml</File>
<File md5="8EDF250189C66197A9050F3B44B8EB4A" import="1">Panels/IGE_CitiesPanel.xml</File>
<File md5="A0C37A3D5E84A787ECF26622963665EB" import="1">Panels/IGE_CitiesPanel.lua</File>
<File md5="56D77E665ECF6B516BA0108E77E929D4" import="1">Panels/IGE_ActivePlayerSelection.lua</File>
<File md5="97633526B3B867B56877BD5EF9CF6410" import="1">Panels/IGE_ActivePlayerSelection.xml</File>
<File md5="DEC41D54DCCF967E46FE770C77D113F3" import="1">Panels/IGE_PlayersPanel.lua</File>
<File md5="01E22031CD48A11DFD8CDF4985375068" import="1">Panels/IGE_PlayersPanel.xml</File>
<File md5="A9FF96EC64C84066E3C2E553D6EF2716" import="1">Panels/IGE_PoliciesPanel.lua</File>
<File md5="0DA472A06F631E7DDDDDA205FB194548" import="1">Panels/IGE_PoliciesPanel.xml</File>
<File md5="B5653A4853012C1209D9EB846791128D" import="1">Panels/IGE_TechsPanel.lua</File>
<File md5="3F200839DD7B2E09C76B22B2133B45BA" import="1">Panels/IGE_TechsPanel.xml</File>
<File md5="69C58820B46424C32B12F342C7FD4477" import="1">Panels/IGE_TerrainPanel.lua</File>
<File md5="FCC36B96E2030AB6F5B7A652817316A5" import="1">Panels/IGE_TerrainPanel.xml</File>
<File md5="8A022068BAEB1DFFE660B3D4E010D99A" import="1">Panels/IGE_UnitsPanel.lua</File>
<File md5="B715AD0929BC6F17952DDEFC8CEF3162" import="1">Panels/IGE_UnitsPanel.xml</File>
<File md5="E688F65EAEC2C5B9CE7CBBAD5BF8E277" import="1">Widgets/IGE_ConfirmPopup.lua</File>
<File md5="9788DAF6213E152E06648D01CAD83DE3" import="1">Widgets/IGE_ConfirmPopup.xml</File>
<File md5="EED74072997FD0CA7DB4BC08FAADFD9C" import="1">Widgets/IGE_RiversElement.lua</File>
<File md5="3453D1EDA563234AF3489A08EFEDED25" import="1">Widgets/IGE_RiversElement.xml</File>
<File md5="97BF4352A6448D60FA40B8BA79EFCD42" import="1">Widgets/IGE_TabsBar.lua</File>
<File md5="66EF6DEED8E3CDEBD83302FE2298479A" import="1">Widgets/IGE_TabsBar.xml</File>
</Files>
<EntryPoints>
<EntryPoint type="InGameUIAddin" file="IGE_Loader.lua">
<Name>InGameEditor</Name>
<Description>An in-game map editor</Description>
</EntryPoint>
</EntryPoints>
</Mod>

DisposableHero
Dec 14, 2011, 04:44 PM
I have this error after swapping my start location with an AI.

Delete his settler, placed his warrior at my start, deleted his first warrior, placed my settler at his start, deleted my warrior, placed my scond warrior, then placed his second settler.

Used the 7 tile reveal option on me. Saved and reloaded map to reset minimap.

Now I can't build anything in my capital and get this error when exiting:

http://i.imgur.com/hr0n3.jpg

Using RED and Unofficial patch mods.

Also, the trees around my start are now invisible.

Landstander
Dec 17, 2011, 12:37 PM
Best mod for Civ V period. A million thanks.

One problem, maybe others have experienced this...

Everything seems to work, but the tile changes do not occur visually. Tile yields do change, but the graphics do not. For example, i change a tundra to a grassland and the yield now shows 2 food, but still shows the tundra graphic. Any ideas?

Pouakai
Dec 17, 2011, 01:17 PM
That is a known problem, only way to fix it is save-reload.

gazius
Dec 20, 2011, 02:37 AM
This mod is amazing, thank you.

jmelnick
Dec 20, 2011, 08:46 PM
This is an amazing mod! Can you create a feature that allows you to increase happiness, like citizens, without having to build all the buildings that promote happiness?

Gilgamesch
Dec 26, 2011, 02:58 PM
Since the last patch.When you use the IGE, to generate rivers. Each corner of the hexagon got a blue marker (point).Its helpfully, i never see that before is this new?

DonQuiche
Dec 26, 2011, 03:05 PM
Actually, I added this feature a couple of versions ago (v5 I think) but at this time I restricted it to connexions with oceans and lakes. Eventually, I was unhappy with that design and modified it a couple of versions later (v10 maybe) to display any connexion wihh any neighbor. :)

Gilgamesch
Dec 26, 2011, 03:10 PM
Actually, I added this feature a couple of versions ago (v5 I think) but at this time I restricted it to connexions with oceans and lakes. I was unhappy with that design and modified it a couple of versions later (v10 maybe) to display any connexion wihh any neighbor. :)

Wow that was fast.thx:D
I use IGE so long, and now i see it (with the patch).
Again playing with huge maps no problems at all to report.Great work:goodjob:

DonQuiche
Dec 26, 2011, 03:15 PM
Again playing with huge maps no problems at all to report.Great work:goodjob:
Thank you, it's nice to hear. ;)
I wasn't even aware of the new patch, I am relieved to learn that it didn't break anything.

Wow that was fast.
Instance mail notifications rock! :cool:

Waffles123
Dec 28, 2011, 01:42 PM
Hi. I love this mod, it's so awesome!
However, I've noticed some compatibility issues with the Uomo Universalis mod.
When I click on the IGE logo, a dialog shows up saying:

In-game Editor (IGE) couldn't start. It may be because of an older version or because of another mod. Delete the older versions of IGE and delete every file in the 'cache' folder. If another addon is the cause, please report it on the CivFanatics' forums with the error below and I will fix that.
line:760: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

And so, here I am now. Can you help please? :3

DonQuiche
Dec 28, 2011, 02:03 PM
Hello Waffles123 and thank you for the report.

I am currently downloading Uomo Universalis, so I guess you can expect a fix within 15-30 minutes. :)

DonQuiche
Dec 28, 2011, 02:55 PM
Version 14 has been released.

Bugfixes
* Fixed a bug with mods declaring techs on the "-1" row that caused IGE to crash during load.

So this fixes the problem with Uomo Universalis. Only minor problem left: the techs tree is detected as non standard and, as a result, the techs panel will use the list-based fallback display instead of the nice tree layout. It's because of an inconsistency in the techs' prerequisites, I reported it on the Uomo Universalis mod.

Waffles123
Dec 28, 2011, 04:44 PM
Thank you so much! :D Now your mod is even more amazing.

I don't mind the tech list layout, I didn't really use the tree anyway :P