View Full Version : Difficulty level

Jayne
Feb 23, 2003, 04:23 AM
Vote for one difficulty level, and one barb option.

TimTheEnchanter
Feb 23, 2003, 10:43 AM
voted for Deity +1 and barbarian wrath, but if we do those, I don't think I'll want to impose the limit on cities.

Octavian X
Feb 23, 2003, 10:59 AM
Chieftan all the way! :lol:

Seriously, though, we should make this game as hard as possible.

Duke of Marlbrough
Feb 23, 2003, 12:21 PM
For people that have never played Deity+1 or Barbarian Wrath, be sure of what you are asking for.

If those two options are chosen, then I would recommend that no other limitations be place upon the game, except perhaps spotless rep and no rehoming freight.

puglover
Feb 23, 2003, 05:22 PM
How about raging hordes and Emperor?

Leowind
Feb 24, 2003, 10:50 AM
Can someone please explain what Deity +1 is? I haven't yet seen an answer.

Duke of Marlbrough
Feb 24, 2003, 11:00 AM
Posted by Andu Indorin
For example of how a Deity + game goes, you can see our Deity +1 Classic Succession Game (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23240&pagenumber=1). (Things were pretty tight until about 1776.) For a really amusing (or perhaps sobering) example of Barbarian Wrath, you might want to check out a game I download in the Barbarian Wrath (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6950&perpage=20&display=&highlight=Barbarian%20Wrath&pagenumber=1) thread.

Leowind
Feb 24, 2003, 12:05 PM
Yeah, I found it. Thanks DoM and Andu.

After reading a bit of Starlifter's description of it, though, I ran across this little nugget: Deity +1 cannot be read by MPG. Will we be denying access to the game for bunches of our players if we go this route, or is this info incorrect? I would vote for Deity +1 except for this. I'd much rather have Deity (normal) and place restrictions on ourselves otherwise to keep as many players as involved as possible.

Jayne
Feb 25, 2003, 04:18 AM
Good point Leowind. Although we don't play the game on MPG, we would want to be able to look at it on MPG and Classic for advisors and others who only have that version. I think if we find we can only play Deity+1 on MPG then we'll have to stick with ordinary Diety.

Comments?

Edit: I downloaded the Deity+1 game from here (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23240&pagenumber=1) and it works fine on my version (unpatched Classic budget version).

TimTheEnchanter
Feb 25, 2003, 06:31 AM
Looking at Leowind's comments...I have MPG and do not particularly want to create some patched up version on my system, so I guess I'll need to change my vote from D+1 to Deity. I didn't have grand designs on the presidency, so it was ok if the games were played in 2.42, but I'd like to be able to load them to take a look.

If someone (Duke?) could change my vote for me, I'd appreciate it.

Jayne
Feb 25, 2003, 06:47 AM
Tim, try the savegame in the link in my previous post. If it loads in your version, we should be fine!

Zelig
Feb 25, 2003, 09:36 AM
Deity +1 does not load in MGE, you can only start deity+1 games in MGE.

I voted for Deity and extra hard barbarians.

Andu Indorin
Feb 27, 2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by TimTheEnchanter
Looking at Leowind's comments...I have MPG and do not particularly want to create some patched up version on my system, so I guess I'll need to change my vote from D+1 to Deity. I didn't have grand designs on the presidency, so it was ok if the games were played in 2.42, but I'd like to be able to load them to take a look.

If someone (Duke?) could change my vote for me, I'd appreciate it.

Sorry I've taken so long to get back to you all on this; been busy relocating on short notice.

The one thing that I thought might be a quick fix for this problem is to substitute the games.txt and rules.txt from 2.42 and then try to run MGE. Unfortunately, this returned identical results. However, the game links provided are to a Deity +1 game; and a Deity +1/Barbarian Wrath game. So I started another game on Classic 2.42 with Barbarian Wrath only. I was able to open this resulting *.sav file with the MGE. So apparently, while Deity + *.savs cannot be opened with MGE, Barbarian Wrath can be. So, apparently, that can still be an option.

CivGeneral
Feb 27, 2003, 08:51 PM
I voted for Deity :).