View Full Version : The "Modding" tutorial guy is a psyhic!

TheKingOfBigOz
Feb 18, 2012, 08:51 AM
This might seem strange, but I just remembered.

There is this PDF guide that tells us how to add civs, etc, add new units, modify, etc.

And here's the intresting thing, one of the mods tell us how to create Religion in game (albeit I never actually seen it, it's a focus of one the guides)

And the other.. he tells us how to make Boudica and Celts in game -.- is that guy a psychic xD?

I hope this doens't come across a pointless post, I just like small details.

ShahJahanII
Feb 18, 2012, 09:19 AM
Kael's Guide?

Optional
Feb 18, 2012, 01:53 PM
There has always been a huge fan input in the Civ series, much stronger examples can be mentioned than the ones you're mentioning, as adding Celts and religion isn't new to the Civ series at all. Civ III Gold contained Civ III vanilla + the first expansion pack + fan made maps. Some Firaxis scenario featured a sheep resource that had originally been made by a fan. I'm sure there are much more and better examples to mention.
Mods of Civ V came up with features that have been adopted by the official game.

The developers are following the forums, are interested in fans' opinions of the game and are often getting their ideas from 'us'. Firaxis is more costumer orientated than most big game companies, which is something we should be very happy about.
Remember that the tab 'MODS' is a tab on the main menu of this game, which other big game has that?
So I don't think anybody is psychic. There's much more mutual influence than you're suspecting.

TheKingOfBigOz
Feb 18, 2012, 01:54 PM
There has always been a huge fan input in the Civ series, much stronger examples can be mentioned than the ones you're mentioning, as adding Celts and religion isn't new to the Civ series at all. Civ III Gold contained Civ III vanilla + the first expansion pack + fan made maps. Some Firaxis scenario featured a sheep resource that had originally been made by a fan. I'm sure there are much more and better examples to mention.
Mods of Civ V came up with features that have been adopted by the official game.

The developers are following the forums, are interested in fans' opinions of the game and are often getting their ideas from 'us'. Firaxis is more costumer orientated than most big game companies, which is something we should be very happy about.
Remember that the tab 'MODS' is a tab on the main menu of this game, which other big game has that?
So I don't think anybody is psychic. There's much more mutual influence than you're suspecting.

True, I mean Firaxis does put good amount of intresting scenarios in, like Rhye's and Fall in Civ 4.

Putmalk
Feb 18, 2012, 04:09 PM
I will assure you that Kael is not a psychic and that his modding guide did not predict in any way this expansion.

Sorry.

The_J
Feb 18, 2012, 06:44 PM
Oh, I'd not say that ;).
Kael probably didn't know what they're planning for an expansion, but what he shows are the obvious things...obvious for modders, and obvious for Firaxis.

TheKingOfBigOz
Feb 19, 2012, 02:48 AM
I will assure you that Kael is not a psychic and that his modding guide did not predict in any way this expansion.

Sorry.

I knew that :shifty:

Chibiabos
Feb 19, 2012, 02:57 AM

Sorry.

Is that so, or did he mind control you to say that? ;)

Putmalk
Feb 19, 2012, 10:54 PM
Is that so, or did he mind control you to say that? ;)

These are not the droids you are looking for.

Brigg
Feb 23, 2012, 10:29 AM
Some Firaxis scenario featured a sheep resource that had originally been made by a fan.

I always wanted a rustler/roundup mod to steal/move sheep, cattle and horses...

Johan de Witt
Feb 23, 2012, 10:54 AM
These are not the droids you are looking for.

All your base are belong to us...