View Full Version : [142.3] Graphic bug? Freedom finisher causes Great Wall graphics to be displayed

Pep
Apr 04, 2012, 10:23 AM
As you can see in the picture, there're 2 Great Wall graphics:

Around Berlin (where's the Great Wall wonder).
Around my capital (I've fisnished the Freedom tree).

Is this a bug or it's intended?

Thalassicus
Apr 04, 2012, 10:56 AM
Not intended, but I can't fix it because the "border obstacle" effect is done in the game core only Firaxis has access to.

wobuffet
Apr 04, 2012, 02:38 PM
Good to know anyway, I guess, although a different graphic would obviously be preferable.

Alternatively, would it be possible to give all players a notification (like the "Montezuma has entered the Medieval Era!" ones) when a Social Policy tree is completed? It'd be useful for gauging how close others are to a Cultural victory.

Thalassicus
Apr 04, 2012, 02:49 PM
On my todo list is a task to add a warning whenever an AI gets close to a victory... I just never got around to doing it.

wobuffet
Apr 04, 2012, 02:57 PM
I'd concur that it's not an awfully high priority. :p

Jakexbox10
Apr 04, 2012, 05:37 PM
Not intended, but I can't fix it because the "border obstacle" effect is done in the game core only Firaxis has access to.
Shame I hope more game developers allow modding in there game without restriction.

Thalassicus
Apr 04, 2012, 06:36 PM
Firaxis gives us a lot more capabilities than most companies. Most console games don't have mod support at all... and often worse - modding is frequently against the terms of use. Companies apparently don't want us doing their work for them, for free, on our own time. :crazyeye:

albie_123
Apr 04, 2012, 09:15 PM
This bug is kind of immersion breaking, I have to admit. While it's nice to know when an opponent has the freedom finisher, it takes away a lot of the uniqueness of the Great Wall.