View Full Version : Are the Designers creating a game, or a Civilization game?

Toadman2
Apr 14, 2012, 08:48 PM
Why do I get he fealing the designers are making a game by simply adding concepts , wonders, Civ abilities that balance the game but have no significant historical basis or reality? In other words they are making up crap!

I am getting the impression that Civ games would be better if all the civ abilties were open to everyone. They should be achievements based on your strategy. For example the Babylonian Bowman Enhancement should be awarded after achieving some scale of archery production, maybe victories with bowman, or some other relatively hard a milestone. And they should be referenced with some name such Amaerican Bowman(Babylonian Bowman) as a reference. Once this is achieved it would be locked out for no other to get.

In other words Civ abilities are open to all but only to one. THAT"S REAL Civilization, kinda like the old board game which it was based. Cumulating them gets morecostly for each one you get, so achieving too many will make later ones more difficult, or maybe each era starts the CIv ability race over again.

I am kinda getting tired of picking civilations based on my game play or style, and if you don't play to the strengths you are pretty much shot.

Obviously this will never happen the game is too far ahead, or drastically different than this, but it's just a thought.

TheKingOfBigOz
Apr 14, 2012, 08:53 PM
:rolleyes:

Yes, we should just remove all civilizations and have a single generic leader and a generic civilization with generic city names. No flavor. no diversity.

Camikaze
Apr 14, 2012, 08:56 PM
Rants thread is thataway (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=401228). There is a lack of discussion value in the OP here; just a rant. So closed.