View Full Version : Preorder bonuses?

Pouakai
Apr 20, 2012, 07:27 PM
Do you guys think we'll be getting preorder bonuses like Vanilla, and if so on what scale? Full civilization DLC or maps?

Cicero63
Apr 20, 2012, 07:32 PM
Maybe it will be like the Babylon situation that happened with the vanilla version. They could have the Zulus as an additional DLC that could be released to everyone in a couple months- it would certainly boost sales even though the sales will be good enough

Glassmage
Apr 20, 2012, 07:55 PM
You think they will pass up the chance of milking us for money? :D

bonafide11
Apr 20, 2012, 08:04 PM
I don't care what we have to pay for the DLC, I'll pay it: I just want some more non-European civs! With the addition of Sweden, I insist on getting both the Kongo (or Zulu, or Great Zimbabwe) and Brazil (or Gran Colombia). You can also add Portugal in with that DLC pack, as Portugal honestly does belong in the game. A DLC pack consisting of the Kongo, Brazil, and Portugal would make for a very fun exploration, trade, and colonization scenario, and it would add to three continents, two of which are very deserving. Please do it Firaxis, I'll pay anything for it, I just want more diversity! ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME FIRAXIS?! ARE YOU LISTENING?!? :mad:

As you can tell, I have moved on to stage three of grief: bargaining. :)

Louis XXIV
Apr 20, 2012, 08:18 PM
My guess is maps or soundtrack or something like that. The most I can see is future DLC to be determined. I don't think they have 10 new civs prepared just yet, so they aren't going to give free Zulu to anyone.

Human Crouton
Apr 20, 2012, 08:31 PM
Edit: Oops. Wrong thread. Sorry.

GenjiKhan
Apr 20, 2012, 08:48 PM
If they give a civilization which falls in the same category of the preorder bonus from Civ5,they would only let us know when they release the preorder in Steam . Until there,there are and there will be much more complainings about the fact that Europe is highly over-represented .

Camikaze
Apr 20, 2012, 09:00 PM
I would've thought that if there were pre-order bonuses, they would've already announced them, given pre-ordering has been available for a while.

Pouakai
Apr 20, 2012, 10:12 PM
There's no preorders on stuff like Steam yet though

Brimstone
Apr 21, 2012, 09:34 AM
How about some TF2 hats for pre-order!?

Rocktwig
Apr 21, 2012, 09:39 AM
I have also thought about this. What about giving Sumeria or the Hittites to those who preorder? They are already in the game, just not available outside their scenario.

apocalypse105
Apr 21, 2012, 09:44 AM
I hope not I hate those order now early and get these or else you're screwed and have to wait....

Louis XXIV
Apr 21, 2012, 10:05 AM
I have also thought about this. What about giving Sumeria or the Hittites to those who preorder? They are already in the game, just not available outside their scenario.

They aren't in the game. Their name is in the game and so is a unit. There is no leader art, no music, and no voice actor to play them. Considering the amount of work required to find a speaker of Ancient Hittite, this isn't a small addition.

BobDole
Apr 21, 2012, 10:12 AM
I bet there's some lame preorder maps like there were for Civ V's preorder, they probably just haven't been announced yet.

Saxony
Apr 21, 2012, 10:41 AM
I did just preorder here in Norway. Didn't get any bonuses. But I preordered in a store so I am going to get a box copy, maybe some bonus for those who preorder by Steam?

TheKingOfBigOz
Apr 21, 2012, 10:43 AM
Civ 5 should never EVER have to put up Soundtracks to be paid for.. why? What for? You can get them in .ogg from the game files for free (well, you gotta own the game btu still)

Glassmage
Apr 21, 2012, 10:49 AM
I know lol just get some free converter and you're set.

Lose
Apr 21, 2012, 07:16 PM

Cant tell if your trolling but ill bite. This is a terrible idea lol. I hope its just early access or free DLC.

TheKingOfBigOz
Apr 21, 2012, 07:19 PM
Cant tell if your trolling but ill bite. This is a terrible idea lol. I hope its just early access or free DLC.

He's trolling, but he's right in some extent, pretty much every pre-order I saw for a game a hat/or an item was given to TF2 as well.

turingmachine
Apr 21, 2012, 08:56 PM
They aren't in the game. Their name is in the game and so is a unit. There is no leader art, no music, and no voice actor to play them. Considering the amount of work required to find a speaker of Ancient Hittite, this isn't a small addition.

And no UA. The scenario civs just basically copy their UAs from other civs but give them different name and a minor (negligible) difference. Though Hittite isn't so bad. Almost all the ancient Indo-European languages have been fairly well reconstructed (except like Tocharian). A speaker might be a problem, but it wouldn't be hard to get someone to write the leader speech in Hittite with pronunciation guides and have an actor read them.

Kilroy Was Here
Apr 21, 2012, 11:10 PM

I would pay good money for some of the hats in this game.

I'm looking at you two, Nebby and Suleiman.

CoolLizy
Apr 22, 2012, 06:46 AM
I would pay good money for some of the hats in this game.

I'm looking at you two, Nebby and Suleiman.

Forget Nebby and Suleiman, I want Pacal's headgear on my Heavy.

SpaceJesus
Apr 22, 2012, 09:48 AM
A Giant Death Robot for my engineer

SHaW1986
Apr 23, 2012, 12:03 AM
i just want to know when preorder will be available. who knows if you preorder you might get the inca lol

anandus
Apr 23, 2012, 12:29 AM
i just want to know when preorder will be available. who knows if you preorder you might get the inca lolSome shops already take preorders, but Steam not yet.

Nefliqus
Apr 23, 2012, 12:54 AM

Hittites and Sumeria don't have animated leaders.

TheKingOfBigOz
Apr 23, 2012, 09:21 AM
Hittites and Sumeria don't have animated leaders.

They do.. but it's Harun and Suleiman.

Zhahz
Apr 26, 2012, 10:03 AM
it's just an xpac. They already have lots of people hooked. Why would someone who doesn't have Civ 5 care about pre-order bonuses for its xpac? Most of us that like Civ 5 will already be eager for the xpac. So, I don't see them doing any pre-order bonuses.

TheKingOfBigOz
Apr 26, 2012, 12:46 PM
it's just an xpac. They already have lots of people hooked. Why would someone who doesn't have Civ 5 care about pre-order bonuses for its xpac? Most of us that like Civ 5 will already be eager for the xpac. So, I don't see them doing any pre-order bonuses.

Why not? Free civ is a free civ.

Besides, plenty of expansion pack come with pre-order bonuses, some even specific to shops (example, Sims 2 expansion packs).

bonafide11
Apr 26, 2012, 12:49 PM

BTS came with a pre-order bonus I remember, so that logic doesn't really fly.

EulerMcE
Apr 26, 2012, 12:55 PM
It really wouldn't surprise me if it was a TF2 hat. Some TF2 traders are quite obsessive and would buy both the original+expansion even if they had no intention of playing them.

Art Grin
Apr 26, 2012, 01:03 PM
I want Montis hat for my sniper and Catherines wig for my spy!
Give us TF2 hats for pre-orders Steam!

True_Candyman
Apr 26, 2012, 01:06 PM

Lots of people won't be buying the expansion straight away, or at all. Adding something 'free' makes people think their getting a better deal, and since it will cost after pre ordering they will be rushed into pre ordering.

This way a company can get a larger amount of profits from the product straight up, minimising risk.

Sound strategy for a sound strategy game.

Ajuga
Apr 26, 2012, 01:55 PM
The whole TF2 hat thing is just annoying and should stop.

Anyway I would like a 5% or 10% sale deal for pre-ordering it. I've seen it happen to games a lot.

Snoopaloop
Apr 26, 2012, 03:13 PM

Do you remember what it was Bonafide?

Jarwy
Apr 26, 2012, 04:44 PM
In the good old days there was none of this pre-order nonsense or DLC cash milking and we liked it that way. *harrumph*

I don't remember getting any pre-oder bonuses with my copy of that game. Probably just regional thing.

TheKingOfBigOz
Apr 26, 2012, 04:46 PM
In the good old days there was none of this pre-order nonsense or DLC cash milking and we liked it that way. *harrumph*

In the good ol' days patches were rare and had to be manually downloaded I believe, and to be honest, if you don't like it.. don't buy it.. simple :D.

I would love Portgual or Zulu as a pre-order.

Jarwy
Apr 26, 2012, 04:52 PM
In the good ol' days patches were rare and had to be manually downloaded I believe, and to be honest, if you don't like it.. don't buy it.. simple :D.

In the good ol' days "patches" often actually added content and functionality to a game that was already working minus a few minor bugs. And I still download stuff manually, such as mods.

//edit Witcher 2 actually did that quite recently which was awesome btw.

Pouakai
Apr 26, 2012, 09:52 PM
Because resources, buildings and natural wonders have never been added in a Civ 5 patch....

TheKingOfBigOz
Apr 26, 2012, 09:59 PM
Because resources, buildings and natural wonders have never been added in a Civ 5 patch....

ggXmKPMaHMo

Luckystrike77
Apr 27, 2012, 06:00 AM
I'd like them to give all pre-orderers the previous dlc's for free. I have bought them all, but it would be an awesome bonus for me if more players had 'em. I'm tired not being able to play a single MP game with the DLC's. Bought them all, but still never played with 'em since I never do single player.

Edit: Can't believe those whiner negative posters that would hate dlc's being free in the Expansion pack because they payed some dollars for 'em many months ago. Start smiling people, it would do you good. Thanks to those kind of people Firaxis don't dare to release all the DLC's for free in the exp. People starts to complain about that they paid for it before, or that all the Civs are not new etc.... It's just so irrational I'm out of words....