View Full Version : Historian's ,Pr and limeted news coverage

TheDuckOfFlanders
Mar 03, 2003, 07:38 AM
It's just a idea guys ,but we could do some public relation's for this game among the other member's of this site to participate in this wonderfull site showdown.
I have thought about giving news covarage ,preferably on the main page about this game ,but then with limited information.
This game could get very popular ,eventually ,this come's close to site war's (on a game level) ,and many of the Cfc'rs might want to win this baby ,just for the Complete honour ,and to brag of to poly and etc. for some years.

Then again ,we should give some thought to what we should give and what not ,if we uberhaupt decide to do that anyway.In any case ,i think we should attrackt a good historian to keep track of our deeds ,just for having written history.
We might want to attrack a good and dedicated writer out of the stories & tale's forum.Some of the guys out there are really good ,and quite funny.

Well ,it are just some thought's ,no poll or anything yet.

Fier Canadien
Mar 03, 2003, 12:35 PM
Nice idea, we should have a Public relations director directly attached to the foreign leader. This way, he could be "fired" at any moment if the Foreign leader thinks that he let too much info get out of the High Council. We could also post its news at the UN, just to make the other sites know what we want them to know...

TheDuckOfFlanders
Mar 03, 2003, 01:28 PM
just to make the other sites know what we want them to know...

Exactly ,it may be strategicly interresting to sometimes give information that is not nessecarely correct ,but that may scare of an enemy for ex. .

croxis
Mar 03, 2003, 02:45 PM
ooo, interesting!

Vander
Mar 03, 2003, 05:19 PM
i'm all for a 'misinformation division' (to paraphrase Fight Club). I don't see a reason why we shouldn't. Besides, we could have some fun with it.

TheDuckOfFlanders
Mar 03, 2003, 05:23 PM
Lol ,does let me tink back at that moment's that Apolyton guys come over at the Cfc chat room.We all start talking about our 10th modern armor that is completed ,or nuke's that are inbound ,etc :D

Goonie
Mar 03, 2003, 08:58 PM
"'misinformation division' " Maybe we should call it the 'Ministry of Truth'. I think 1984 is having an impact on me! I nominate EA for the job!

croxis
Mar 04, 2003, 02:11 AM
hehe, if it wouldn't caus e too much trouble we could fake screenshots ;-)

Goonie
Mar 04, 2003, 06:41 AM
hahahah! Thats a great idea! 2000BC. The Fanatikan Modern Armour roams the streets!

ravensfire
Mar 04, 2003, 10:09 AM
You never really know what will come out of a goodie hut, do you?

Chieftess
Mar 04, 2003, 10:34 AM
If it's TOO outrageous, they'll catch on. Maybe, something like, "We have 10 warriors stationed to the north. (but, not too soon, since it's kind of obvious that you can't have 10 warriors and 2 cities by turn 11.)

croxis
Mar 04, 2003, 11:46 AM
Sure you can!

Ehecatl Atzin
Mar 04, 2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Goonie
"'misinformation division' " Maybe we should call it the 'Ministry of Truth'. I think 1984 is having an impact on me! I nominate EA for the job!

Thanks for the nomination Goonie, I would have so much fun in a "misinformation division" but right now I'm swamped by RL and the game, so I'm gona decline, I would, however, serve as an advisor or 'creative consultant' to the one who does get the job.

EA

Cheetah
Mar 07, 2003, 07:01 AM
This sounds quite interesting :)

Anyone been in contact with some from the "Stories & Tales" forum?

I don't know if I have much to contribute to this Ministry of Truth, but I'll help if I can.

We could call the news/history-reports for Newspeak, just to follow up on the 1984 idea :)