View Full Version : How to complete Hannibal's Crossing achievement?

Genghis_Sean
Jul 29, 2012, 08:15 PM
As Carthage, attack a Roman Unit with an African Forest Elephant from a mountain tile.

Is this scenario related? Otherwise, I don't see how you can complete it since mountains are impassable.

HeraldtheGreat
Jul 29, 2012, 08:32 PM
If you're Carthage you can pass mountains.

tyrael233
Jul 29, 2012, 08:33 PM
Hahaha.

Sorry for the useless post, but this is too funny.

Genghis_Sean
Jul 29, 2012, 09:28 PM
What am I missing? Units can't occupy mountain squares, so I don't see how this can be completed.

Edit: Guess I'm reading it too literally. You don't actually have to occupy the mountain square, but pass through it...

Yzman
Jul 29, 2012, 09:41 PM
No you are reading it correctly.

Once you have spawned a great general, Carthage units can pass through and occupy mountain spaces. The achievement states that you need to attack a Roman unit from a mountain square. I went down honor, getting a great general quickly and then used an african forest elephant to attack a wandering Roman scout. Achievement done.

Genghis_Sean
Jul 29, 2012, 09:42 PM
No you are reading it correctly.

Once you have spawned a great general, Carthage units can pass through and occupy mountain spaces. The achievement states that you need to attack a Roman unit from a mountain square. I went down honor, getting a great general quickly and then used an african forest elephant to attack a wandering Roman scout. Achievement done.

Gah. That's what it is. I forgot about the great general bit. Thanks.

FeiLing
Jul 29, 2012, 09:44 PM
Is the thing about the GG even true? Pretty sure when I last played them my scout was happily wandering over mountains way before a first GG appeared.

Yzman
Jul 29, 2012, 11:14 PM
Why yes, yes it is.

Harv72b
Jul 30, 2012, 01:18 AM
If you're Carthage you can pass mountains.

Sounds painful. :eek:

HeraldtheGreat
Jul 31, 2012, 05:03 PM
Sounds painful. :eek:

I see what you did there. :lol::lol:

cman2010
Aug 02, 2012, 12:02 PM
Hahaha.

Sorry for the useless post, but this is too funny.

lol I know right this guy is going around trying to get every achievement on settler lvl then trying to brag about it, he has the time to do all that but not read up on the basic ua for each civ what a dunce.

No flaming please.