View Full Version : Turn 22 - 2950 B.C.

Octavian X
Mar 21, 2003, 09:45 PM
As always, not much new...

Back to the old zips on the server! Password is: asdfgh12345 (http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/2950.zip)

CivGeneral
Mar 21, 2003, 09:51 PM
Hmm, I should try to Password PRotect my files for the MSDG :).

Cyc
Mar 22, 2003, 02:03 AM
I like the zoom feature Octavian X.

Two more Warriors after this one and then a Settler sounds good to me.

FortyJ
Mar 22, 2003, 10:58 AM
I can't seem to download the zip (server must be temporarily down), so I'm shooting from the hip here...

The warrior should be completed in three or four turns, if my memory serves, and if we are cutting down that forest, then it should add 10 shields to Shen Ling in about four or five turns. We would be wise to not waste those 10 shields by producing a warrior or worker or anything that requires 10 shields or less. My suggestion would be to produce a spearman (20 shields) for permanent defense of our capitol.

Of course, the specifics can be better laid out after a more careful examination of the save game.

CivGeneral
Mar 22, 2003, 11:01 AM
YEah, the Upload Server is down right now :sad:

Goonie
Mar 22, 2003, 11:04 AM
I would agree that we should take advantage of this oppurtunity to build a larger project than a warrior. A granary or a spear would be nice!

Octavian X
Mar 22, 2003, 02:33 PM
FortyJ: The clearing will be done in 4 turns, and the warrior will be done in three.

FortyJ
Mar 22, 2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Goonie
I would agree that we should take advantage of this oppurtunity to build a larger project than a warrior. A granary or a spear would be nice!
A granary would indeed be extremely helpful in allowing our city to grow even faster (especially with the irrigation of that tile to the north). However, I think our military is too weak at this time to support such a long-term project (60 shields).
Originally posted by Octavian X
FortyJ: The clearing will be done in 4 turns, and the warrior will be done in three.
Excellent news. I also assume, then, that we are producing 2 extra food per turn at the moment, which will allow us to grow in 9 turns (although, this will change once we finish working that tile...).

At 3 shields per turn, by the time the forest is cleared, we will have produced 15 shields. The additional 10 would therefore bring our total to 25. I think it best if we complete the warrior first, and then begin work on a spear. If I'm not mistaken the spear will be completed about 3 turns after the warrior thanks to the bonus shields from the forest.