View Full Version : Massive Master of Orion 3 review!

Lucky
Mar 25, 2003, 05:06 PM
I have finally finished my Master of Orion 3 review, published in the March release of the Gamecatcher Magazine. :yeah:
After playing this game, the sequel to one of my favorites ever, for almost 4 week, I had real trouble stopping to write. I tried to give an objective insight, as well as some general tips and strategies in this 33 pages review.

Enjoy some nice screenshots, but I hope the critical and differentiated analysis of the different game aspects can help undecided people whether this game is something for them or not.

I hope you enjoy it and that at least some of you might learn a new thing or two. I know this sounds like advertising, but I donŽt get anything out of this. But instead of writing the 33 pages here, IŽll just linkt to it. So feel free to comment here or ask any questions you might have.
:D

YNCS
Apr 05, 2003, 11:59 PM
Lucky,

I read your review, thank you for linking it. Based on your review, and a few other things I've read, I think I'll wait a couple of months before I buy it.

BTW, while your English is very good, you made one mistake (actually, you made the same mistake twice) that made me cringe. The word "unique" does not mean "rare, unusual or different," it means "one of a kind." Something cannot be "very unique" or "relatively unique." There aren't degrees of uniqueness. Something can be "almost unique" or "possibly unique" or "definitely unique" but one thing cannot be "uniquer" than something else. Sorry, but it's one of my pet peeves.

Lucky
Apr 06, 2003, 09:32 AM
Thanks for your reply.
But I do think I actually meant "unique" when I wrote it. IIRC, when using it, I was refering to "one of a kind" innovations in TBS games. IŽll try to remember the "no degrees of uniqueness" rule, though. ;)

damunzy
Apr 06, 2003, 10:44 PM
When is the review for GalCiv coming? I have moved on to that game....much more fun IMHO.

Lucky
Apr 07, 2003, 05:18 AM
Soon, as soon as I find the time to get that game. :mischief:

But of course we are always looking for other people to write reviews, too, so if you want to ...