View Full Version : Who's this guy?

GEChallenger
Apr 07, 2003, 09:27 PM
I was just poking around the civ3 files and I came across this 'pedia icon. Does anyone know what this is and if someone has made a unit for it?

Hunter
Apr 07, 2003, 10:04 PM
I think it is the Civ 3 scout. :confused:

Kal-el
Apr 07, 2003, 10:14 PM
it is a teaser of what should have been. They never made an attack animation for the scout and so we are left with only this pediaicon. I have been trying to get somebody to make an attack animation to go along with the scout, but my attempts have been mostly in vain. Utahjazz put together a very nice unit that is similar to the image above, but I would still love it if somebody finished the scout animations.

GEChallenger
Apr 07, 2003, 10:24 PM
Thanks, Kal-el.

An attack animation would be very useful; that way expansionistic civs could have a scout with a defense value so that all other civs can have the ability to build scouts.

Has anyone at all shown interest in making an attack animation?

Oh, and I know about Utahjazz's unit, I use it as the Iroquois UU. The mounted warrior was very unrealistic, since Iroquois didn't really use horses at all. It should really be for the Sioux.

Kal-el
Apr 07, 2003, 10:34 PM
there have been a couple of people who have emailed me and said they would make the attack animation but nothing has ever come of them.

GEChallenger
Apr 07, 2003, 10:42 PM
Oh well. :(