View Full Version : Who's this guy?

Apr 07, 2003, 08:27 PM
I was just poking around the civ3 files and I came across this 'pedia icon. Does anyone know what this is and if someone has made a unit for it?

Apr 07, 2003, 09:04 PM
I think it is the Civ 3 scout. :confused:

Apr 07, 2003, 09:14 PM
it is a teaser of what should have been. They never made an attack animation for the scout and so we are left with only this pediaicon. I have been trying to get somebody to make an attack animation to go along with the scout, but my attempts have been mostly in vain. Utahjazz put together a very nice unit that is similar to the image above, but I would still love it if somebody finished the scout animations.

Apr 07, 2003, 09:24 PM
Thanks, Kal-el.

An attack animation would be very useful; that way expansionistic civs could have a scout with a defense value so that all other civs can have the ability to build scouts.

Has anyone at all shown interest in making an attack animation?

Oh, and I know about Utahjazz's unit, I use it as the Iroquois UU. The mounted warrior was very unrealistic, since Iroquois didn't really use horses at all. It should really be for the Sioux.

Apr 07, 2003, 09:34 PM
there have been a couple of people who have emailed me and said they would make the attack animation but nothing has ever come of them.

Apr 07, 2003, 09:42 PM
Oh well. :(