View Full Version : Science Research Poll

Leowind
Apr 11, 2003, 02:30 PM
Currently Known: Alp, Bronze, Cer Bur, CofL, Mon
Researching: Currency

Please vote for two. The goals will then be ranked by number of votes, so if techs to choice 1 are not available, the President moves to choice 2, etc.

Some are longer-term goals that require some techs on the way. Others are techs we already have prerequisites for and might be important to have in their own right. Not able to check the utility to map what techs will actually be offered at the moment. Can someone else provide that info?

TimTheEnchanter
Apr 11, 2003, 09:09 PM
The "Other" is Pottery for Gardens. Also voted Trade near term, Philosophy and Astro longer term.

Edit: sorry, I just saw the "vote for 2" comment. If you have to reduce me to 2 votes I'd say Trade and Pottery (eliminating my votes for Philo and Astro) since they're the more immediate needs.

Duke of Marlbrough
Apr 12, 2003, 12:20 AM
Added Pottery to the poll and removed Tim's extra votes.

funxus
Apr 12, 2003, 06:14 AM
After reding Tim's post I realised one should have been Pottery for HG. So Philosophy and Trade with a detour off to Pottery.

puglover
Apr 12, 2003, 12:37 PM
Pottery and Philosophy!

Archer 007
Apr 12, 2003, 01:54 PM
Pottery and Philosophy, also!
Trade was a close third in my book.

Zelig
Apr 13, 2003, 04:57 AM
Philosophy first, then Pottery, since we can build the Colosus and then switch to the HG, and I doubt that the Colosus is going to be completed before we get to Pottery, even if we get Philosophy first.

Octavian X
Apr 13, 2003, 04:16 PM
Philosophy, Pottery, Trade would sound good to me...

TheViking
Apr 13, 2003, 06:30 PM
Pottery was added to the poll after I voted - I think it should be prioritized ahead of trade but equal to or after philosophy. Having the HG makes expanding a lot easier.

Philosophy, pottery and trade are by far the most important techs to get so I would have liked to be able to make three choices in the poll.

Jayne
Apr 14, 2003, 02:36 AM
Trade and Mapmaking.

Leowind
Apr 15, 2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Duke of Marlbrough
Added Pottery to the poll and removed Tim's extra votes. Pottery wasnt' there :confused: I know I meant to. My apologies, I was in a hurry (as usual). So we have a tie, and seems our Queen made the tie-breaker by choosing Mysticism over Trade (or was Trade not available?). Any last minute votes could break the tie...

Jayne
Apr 16, 2003, 01:52 AM
Trade wasn't available, which is what I wanted to go for. We had the choice of Myst and Lit. iirc Myst increases the benefit of temples so I went for that.

Leowind
Apr 16, 2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Jayne
Trade wasn't available, which is what I wanted to go for. We had the choice of Myst and Lit. iirc Myst increases the benefit of temples so I went for that. I believe you're correct. Good choice :thumbsup:

Archer 007
Apr 20, 2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Jayne
Trade wasn't available, which is what I wanted to go for. We had the choice of Myst and Lit. iirc Myst increases the benefit of temples so I went for that.

I didnt think of that. Great idea.