View Full Version : What our continent may look like.

Hygro
Apr 21, 2003, 07:25 PM
Last night, I fell asleep a whopping 6 hours early (like around 11:30 PM), and while completely exhausted, I had an image come to me twice. It was the complete terrain of our continent, down to every city and hill tile and wines.

Sadly, though I have a somewhat vague image, I don't remember it perfectly. I can recall the image well enough, but I can't perfectly copy it to some kind of picture.

Note I should not be held responsible if this isn't what our continent looks like, and we should'nt base our game on this picture, but just to throw this out there...

Note, I seem to be having trouble with the server, so I'll just upload this to CFC with an obscure name

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/image2948.JPG

Comments welcome.

Goonie
Apr 21, 2003, 07:28 PM
Very possible. I have been wondering this as well.

Stuck_as_a_Mac
Apr 21, 2003, 07:31 PM
If this is so, we most likely have another neighbor somewhere. Also, if this is so, we need to secure the landbridge

Goonie
Apr 21, 2003, 07:33 PM
Controlling both Choke points is vital.

Gingerbread Man
Apr 21, 2003, 07:35 PM
It came to you in a vision? well it must be true!

But seriously, I think that it is very likely. The only possible change would be that the bay near CDG may actually be a sea.

Octavian X
Apr 21, 2003, 07:35 PM
I think, near the top landbridge, there's more of a peninsula. Also, there's an explored area of tundra to the deep south. That could lead somewhere.

Otherwise, it may turn out to be more accurate than we think... :)

Zukatah
Apr 21, 2003, 07:43 PM
I'm happy to see that my mind isn't THAT corrupted with Civ3, at least I don't have visions or Civ3 dreams yet...

Realistic vision indeed, so where was the damn iron located?

Hygro
Apr 21, 2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Octavian X
I think, near the top landbridge, there's more of a peninsula. Also, there's an explored area of tundra to the deep south. That could lead somewhere.

Otherwise, it may turn out to be more accurate than we think... :)

The tundra down south strongly makes me doubt it's complete accuracy. I also saw it in normal graphics and not sn00py's ;) but I doubt that means anything. However, I think it's likely the land resembles such a design nevertheless.

amirsan
Apr 24, 2003, 02:21 PM
I would think this is probably the exact picture except Apolyton haveing all that territory to the west, doesnt sound right.

Gingerbread Man
Apr 24, 2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Hygro

The tundra down south strongly makes me doubt it's complete accuracy. I also saw it in normal graphics and not sn00py's ;) but I doubt that means anything. However, I think it's likely the land resembles such a design nevertheless.

So you installed Sn00py's terrain pack on your imaginary Sleeping Civ3 installation? What other mods have been installed into the dream world?

Maybe we should trade descriptions of our land with CDG e.g. we are to the west of a mountain range, and below a large section of jungle. To our south is tundra and sea etc...

That would help us draw up a better idea of the continent/island/pangaea

Hygro
Apr 24, 2003, 10:57 PM
Naw, sn00py's is too depressing for me to use... besides, this isn't sn00pyX so we get the ugly vanilla style resources ;) no--I'll stick to having normal graphics in dream world.

Chieftess
Apr 25, 2003, 12:56 PM
I seems everyone is having Civ3 dreams lately...

CivGeneral
Apr 25, 2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Chieftess
I seems everyone is having Civ3 dreams lately...

Must be the Spicy Aztec Chocolate from the Victory party

Zukatah
Apr 29, 2003, 09:25 AM
It was a nice vision but Elucidia is, according to Poly, southeast of the landbridge, not northeast. But you were right, Poly's on top of Elucidia.

Hygro
Apr 29, 2003, 03:06 PM
Well, it was a rather general image that was really hard to get out of the back of my mind. let's just see how the basic shape of the landmass turns out.