View Full Version : 360 AD: Which wonders to aim for

TheViking
May 22, 2003, 06:11 PM
This poll is intended to prioritize the wonders we can build either now or not too far from now; please vote for 4 wonders from the list. I'm deliberately omitting Michelangelo's Chapel from the list since it had already been decided earlier on to build it.

Of these wonders we already have the techs to build GL and Oracle in addition to Mike but I recommend not building them; I included them for completeness only. The AI is building both of these (the Zulus Oracle and the Aztecs, French and Indians the GL).

Of these Isaac Newton's College must be built in our SSC if we build it; I recommend doing so. Shakespeare should either be built in the SSC or not at all. I strongly recommend aiming for it since it eliminates any unhappiness problems in the SSC once and for all.

IMO Bach and Leo would also be very nice to have; they can be built anywhere we please. Magellan might also be useful, however a few AI civs are not very far from us.

Leowind
May 23, 2003, 09:33 AM
I see from the vote results thus far that I'm not the only one who thinkgs that Adam Smith's can be a powerful wonder. Free barracks, libraries, and market places :)

funxus
May 23, 2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Leowind
I see from the vote results thus far that I'm not the only one who thinkgs that Adam Smith's can be a powerful wonder. Free barracks, libraries, and market places :)

I agree with Adam's being great, voted for it instead of Shake's. Still, barracks are only free until we discover GP, then the cost increases to two and is no longer free.

Shake's could also be built in another city with high production where we could rehome all offensive units, called SMC (Super Military City). I never build a city like this, but we did in the last game...

TheViking
May 23, 2003, 10:14 AM
Actually I think there is a good possibility we'll be able to get all five wonders that at the time of this writing have votes (Shake, INC, Leo, Bach and AS) but we'll have to prioritize in case we fail to get them all. The reason I recommended (and voted for) Shakespeare is that it is city-specific unlike e.g. AS which we can build anywhere we want or capture from the AI.

I never build a SMC myself but sometimes a SHC (Super Happy City) which is also a SSC.

TimTheEnchanter
May 23, 2003, 08:28 PM
Omigosh, where's the support for shake's? That's the easiest way to make the science city truly Super. It's so-o-o much easier to grow with that wonder. Why is our science advisor not pushing for this?

I thought this was a no-brainer for the top 4 (ST, Newton, Bach and Leo), but I guess I was wrong.

ASTCo is great to have, but that is so far off it shouldn't be a priority at this time!

TheViking
May 24, 2003, 04:41 AM
I'm also surprised and extremely disappointed that Shake has been voted down. It means slower and much more difficult growth for our SSC which in turn makes other wonders more difficult to get.

This is also inconsistent with the results of the latest science poll where Medicine was ranked #2 behind Theory of Gravity.

As for me, I want University, Isaac Newton's College, Shakespeare's Theatre, Bank and Stock Exchange, probably in that order, for our Super Science City ASAP. Plus 3 trade routes.