View Full Version : Your Honest Opinion

John Bull
Jun 06, 2003, 03:24 AM
:)
Hi,
A few days ago I found a bag on a bus which someone had obviously forgotten. Curious, I looked inside and it contained, amongst other things, three credit cards and a copy of Rise of Nations. I handed it in to the driver but I am young, impressionable and suceptible to advertising and it looked like a really good game. I've probably come to the wrong place for an unbiassed opinion, but should I buy it? It's about 25 in my nearest game shop, so is that value for money?

LedZep
Jun 06, 2003, 05:54 PM
Just as many people said before, this game is nothing like Civilization, so if you are only into TBS but can't stand RTS, don't get it.

On the other hand, if you enjoy RTS, and especially AoE2 and Empire Earth, this game is for you! It is pretty much a perfect mix between the two, with a lot of added depth, it also focuses more on strategy rather than being a huge clickfest (like most RTS's are). So if you like RTS, by all means, get this game, I personally love it, best RTS ever. But remember, it has absolutley NOTHING to do with Civilization.

Paalikles
Jul 01, 2003, 04:58 PM
I will second the opinion of the above poster

Edit1:

I got it as a gift from a friend returning from a stay in the US, and I have calculated that the cost over there was lower than over here (Norway), thus I can also say that I was not dissapointed by comparing the quality/price. I do not buy a lot of games, but this has not turned me down yet

Edit2: Also, see other posts on the topic of "should I buy it or not" or, is it worth it, or rts? etc
I have a feeling that this forum will be cluttered with threads like these soon....

#1 Person
Oct 23, 2003, 08:48 PM
I think you should of taken the game, ha ha haooohh k.
I think it is a preetty good game 25 Pounds is = about 40$ (i went to England resently) It is a fine pricefor a game like rise of nations

Cilpot
Dec 18, 2003, 05:45 AM
I love the game :)

Especially (almost exclusivly) multiplayer on LAN!