View Full Version : Term 3 - Culture Leader Elections

CivGeneral
Jun 28, 2003, 07:21 PM
Please vote Curu, Plexus or abstain. This poll will remain open until the end of the month GMT.

Yours,
The Election Office Staff

Bootstoots
Jun 28, 2003, 07:25 PM
I am torn between voting for Plexus and Curu. I will do this: Whoever gives the best speech will get my vote.

Zarn
Jun 28, 2003, 08:24 PM
I flipped a coin after saying Plexus is heads to myself. I got tails. My vote goes to Curufinwe.

FionnMcCumhall
Jun 28, 2003, 09:22 PM
i must vote for man who wears the topato avatar. go plexus

Plexus
Jun 28, 2003, 11:03 PM
As many of you know, I have served many turns as culture leader. I even was close to running the office this term during Curufinwe's absence. I am dedicated to this office, and I vow to get us back on the right path. In my many terms, I have devised many tools to better assess our cultural standing, and what to do to improve that standing, I will use those tools to assess our position in this world. Culture is a powerful tool, one I hope you will give me the power to employ. Thank you for voting for me and best of luck to my adversary, Curufinwe. I know that you, the voter, will ensure that the best man for this job will win.

Donovan Zoi
Jun 29, 2003, 12:19 AM
My vote goes to Plexus, as he gladly took the Culture reins for the first 7 days of Term 2 during Curu's absence.

You helped me out when I needed it, Plex. I hope this endorsement helps you. :)

Curufinwe
Jun 29, 2003, 01:03 PM
You all know my love of this office, and of this topic. I've various ideas for Tourism and the Assessement offices, and of course, to continue current trends. I wish to see if the Assessment office would like to renew the cultural evaluations that Justus II did during his reigns. I'm sure either of us would do wonderously. But, whereas Plexus seems devoted to using Culture for power, I'm devoted to what it stands for, the arts, the sciences, etc. And furthermore, I'm devoted to making this more than us just trying to win, but to make things aesthetically pleasing, and to bring the arts into all parts of the game, from how we fight to the layout of our cities to countless other tings. Of course we must win, but even so, I wish to include those things to an extent, for i'm devoted to the arts, the sciences, and all other things represented by the simple term, Culture.

Bootstoots
Jun 29, 2003, 01:06 PM
Sorry Plex, Curu had a somewhat better speech. Therefore, my vote goes to him. I would like to have either candidate be culture leader, however.

Eklektikos
Jun 29, 2003, 03:04 PM
Since to me actions speak louder than words, I voted for Plexus in this one ;)

Cyc
Jun 29, 2003, 03:22 PM
Sorry curu. Everytime I have witnessed you holding an Office, it has reminded me of an absentee lanlord. Everytime I've witnessed Plexus in a DG Office, he has been very creative and active. Plexus again gets my full support.

CivGeneral
Jun 29, 2003, 03:38 PM
It looks like its a Neck and Neck race :).

Curufinwe
Jun 29, 2003, 08:22 PM
I agree that I haven't done much these last few terms, but there has been little to do. Now, there is much more, and I shall take an active role.

Bacon King
Jun 30, 2003, 10:12 AM
its too close, i'll abstain

Rik Meleet
Jun 30, 2003, 12:14 PM
It's 11 - 12 for Plexus. Now I'll vote and it's 12 - 12. Just for the kick of it. Fight it out in a man to man combat.

Eklektikos
Jun 30, 2003, 12:18 PM
I hate it when people do that. Just vote for the person you think is best for the job and stop buggering about trying to tie the results :rolleyes:

Noldodan
Jun 30, 2003, 01:38 PM
Come on Curu, you can do it! Manambaressė!

Plexus
Jun 30, 2003, 07:02 PM
Well, it is the First of July... and we're tied. Stupendous!

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/culturejuly.gif

Bootstoots
Jun 30, 2003, 07:03 PM
Culture results are the following:
Curufinwe: 14
Plexus: 14
Abstain: 1

A runoff poll will be posted ASAP

Rik Meleet
Jul 01, 2003, 02:09 AM
double post

Rik Meleet
Jul 01, 2003, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by Eklektikos
I hate it when people do that. Just vote for the person you think is best for the job and stop buggering about trying to tie the results :rolleyes:
I did it because I support Curufinwe. I'm sorry if it looked as I was ruining this election. I should have said:

Although my vote will cause a tie I think curu is the best candidate so I vote for him.