View Full Version : Unwanted Golden Age

stachnie
Jul 15, 2003, 04:52 AM
Hi,

Recently I was playing Babylonians. I wanted to have my GA in the middle of the medieval era (I wanted to use it to get Military Tradition ASAP) and everything seemed to be O.K. - I managed to complete the Great Library, I haven't built any single Bowman (only Swordsmen/Horsemen) etc.

The problem was that I managed to get a Great Leader and I wanted to use it to rush some wonder. I tried it three times (Save/Load): with Great Wall (militaristic, industrious), Hanging Gardens (industrious) or I waited for The Art of War (militaristic) - none of them is religious but their completion triggered my GA. Grrr!!! I think it is a bug. I play standard Civ III with the latest patch (AFAIR 1.29f).

Best regards,

Slawomir Stachniewicz.

Turner
Jul 15, 2003, 04:54 AM
Best thing to do is make the army now, and get a victory with it, so that you can build more later.

There are different attributes that contribute to a golden age. I would suggest to search on it, but the search option is disabled.

Doc Tsiolkovski
Jul 15, 2003, 05:19 AM
Are you sure you didn't capture the Pyramids, Oracle or Colossus recently? Since you have a Leader, you must have been in a war.

In that case (SCI Wonder, + captured REL Wonder), the next Wonder you build will trigger a GA, regardless of associated traits.

Stapel
Jul 15, 2003, 05:45 AM
Doc is right. Capturing a wonder will never trigger an GA itself. But when any next wonder is built there will be a check. At that moment the wonder captured before, can trigger a GA.

stachnie
Jul 15, 2003, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by Doc Tsiolkovski
Are you sure you didn't capture the Pyramids, Oracle or Colossus recently?
[...]
In that case (SCI Wonder, + captured REL Wonder), the next Wonder you build will trigger a GA, regardless of associated traits.

You are right - I had captured Pyramids. Thanks a lot - I didn't know that.

Regards,

Slawomir Stachniewicz.

sabo
Jul 15, 2003, 08:02 AM
Yeah, I tend to build an Army with my first GL, then I can get all those handy military wonders, Military acadamy, etc