View Full Version : How do I alter the time scale?

p4l
Aug 09, 2003, 03:41 AM
I'm using vanilla Civ3, and I can't find a way in the editor to alter the time scale (In other words, I don't like how fast the early years fly by, and I'd like the game to end in maybe 2100 instead of 2050). I can't seem to get a space race win or even a cultural win, it's breaking my heart. Honest.

So is there a way I can do this? I'd like to probably increase the number of playable turns in the game by 35-45%.

Gramphos
Aug 09, 2003, 03:49 AM
Not before PTW

p4l
Aug 09, 2003, 04:42 AM
nnnnnoooooo0000ooooOOOoo000000oooo!

I'm not a big MP guy so I figured I wouldn't get PTW but this is really hindering my enjoyment of the game...

Anyone know a way to circumvent this problem? Some kind of roundabout way I could trick the editor into doing what I want?

You could also wait 'til Conquests is released. It has all things from PTW and much more. You'd save money by not getting PTW+Conquests, only Conquests

mrtn
Aug 09, 2003, 08:31 PM
p4l, I think you can increase the number of turns in the game, at least in PTW. In the Editor, go to Scenario => Scenario Properties. Alter all the Time Scale thingies. :)

p4l
Aug 09, 2003, 08:37 PM
mrtn: I don't have ptw and since I'm not a fan of multiplayer civilization, I didn't plan on getting it.

Ville: I guess that's what I'll do. I had wanted to be super cheap but oh well heh, gotta bite the bullet sometime. And I was thinking of getting conquests anyawys.

Thanks for the info and tips all.

zulu9812
Aug 10, 2003, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Ville
You could also wait 'til Conquests is released. It has all things from PTW and much more. You'd save money by not getting PTW+Conquests, only Conquests

I'd be somewhat pissed off this was the case - I imagine that you would need PTW as well to unlock the PTW features in Conquests.

Gramphos
Aug 10, 2003, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by zulu9812

I'd be somewhat pissed off this was the case - I imagine that you would need PTW as well to unlock the PTW features in Conquests.
It has been stated somewhere that most things in PTW would be in Conquest, but some things might be left out unless you have both. I guess we have to wait and see.

p4l
Aug 10, 2003, 05:28 AM
I should think that certain sort of PTW exclusive things, like the MP, would remain... PTW exclusive. But things like tweaks to gameplay and the editor, I don't see why those wouldn't be included in conquests.

Since I don't HAVE ptw though, I'm talking out of my butt.