View Full Version : Bug: SOUND - Ingame music will not stop when leaving a game.

Chieftess
Nov 09, 2003, 09:06 AM
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start Civ3 Conquests.
2. Select a new game.
3. Continue to the Civ Selection screen, and choose and civ, and take note of that civ (choose a European or Middle Eastern to see the bug quicker).
4. Set all opponents to NONE.
5. In the game, press shift-enter, and select "Good, I'm done" from the menu to exit to the main menu.
6. Notice the sound.

Observed Result:
The music from inside the game will continue. If a new game is started with the same civ, the old music will play overtop of the current music, causing the sound to be doubled.

Expected Result:
All ingame music and sound should stop if the player exits with no civs selected in the game.

Colonel Kraken
Nov 12, 2003, 04:21 PM
I've experienced similar.

Play a game as normal.
Exit the game by pressing [Esc] and selecting Yes to leave the game.
At desktop, the music is still playing! :lol:

Expected: game functions should cease once the game is exited!

--CK

s_e_n_t_i_n_e_l
Nov 12, 2003, 04:45 PM
This may be related to an annoying trait Civ3 seems to have had from the beginning -- it can take as much as five minutes !!! to exit (and starts two processes in my windows "close program" dialog, one of which is descriptively named, and one of which has a name like ~fa6789)

Isak
Jan 24, 2004, 02:34 PM
I can't reproduce these bugs in version 1.15. CT, can you check if you can still reproduce the one you submitted?

Mercade
Jan 25, 2004, 09:03 AM
Hey, Chieftess, can you post a save? :D

In all seriousness, in 1.00 I can reproduce Chieftess observation. Cannot check in the (1.13 or 1.15) beta patch since I don't like the CD in the drive at all times.

SewerStarFish
Jan 25, 2004, 09:04 AM
C3C 1.15:
Since 1.00 C3C has demonstrated numerous CNR audio glitches in addition to the one Chieftess reports. Most usually a unit's sound effect skips and finishes at the start of the next unit's turn.(For me at least ;) )

jalapeno_dude
Jan 25, 2004, 01:54 PM
When the game crashes, the music also keeps playing. Usually, when I close all the unneeded programs with Ctrl+Alt+Delete, it stops.