View Full Version : Civ 3 C&C Mod?

MarineCorps
Nov 14, 2003, 07:42 AM
Just wondering, Thunderfall said here (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?postid=1175952#post1175952) that Civ 3 C&C might get it's own mod. What ever happened to this idea? After all I know the perfect person for it: zulu9812 !!!!:D :p :lol: ;)

Threads in wrong forums would decrease somehow:p

zulu9812
Nov 14, 2003, 09:01 AM
Lol...there'd be no newbies left - they'd all get banned :evil:

Yoda Power
Nov 14, 2003, 09:22 AM
I think zulu might be too evil to be a moderator;)

btw I think Moonsinger, Padma and Chieftess is doing an exelent job already.

MarineCorps
Nov 14, 2003, 09:28 AM
And so do I. However the only time I see them in C&C is when someone hits the report mod button, I just figured it would be cool if someone who is often in C&C was the mod like Darksheer was.

Ankka
Nov 14, 2003, 09:29 AM
Zulu too evil? Now, maybe we should make a poll on is he more evil than Lefty? ;)

Superevie
Nov 14, 2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Wizard
Zulu too evil? Now, maybe we should make a poll on is he more evil than Lefty? ;)

Can't do it cuz it's against the rules, but it'd be cool. :cool:

C&C seems to be doing pretty well with the "Dream Team" (Chieftess, Padma, and Moonsinger) and doesn't need a different mod. :p

superslug
Nov 14, 2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Superevie
C&C seems to be doing pretty well with the "Dream Team" (Chieftess, Padma, and Moonsinger) and doesn't need a different mod. :p
With all due respect to those moderators, I don't think that's half as hard as babysitting OT!

Superevie
Nov 14, 2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by superslug

With all due respect to those moderators, I don't think that's half as hard as babysitting OT!

OT is one rough gig. I don't envy eyeri, Lefty, XIII, and col one bit. ;)

Padma
Nov 14, 2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by MarineCorps
And so do I. However the only time I see them in C&C is when someone hits the report mod button, I just figured it would be cool if someone who is often in C&C was the mod like Darksheer was. I don't post in C&C much, but I am there quite a bit. I often catch the wrong-forum posts before zulu sees them (and even before they are reported). ;)

On the other hand, I am not averse to the idea of a dedicated C&C moderator, either.

On the OTHER hand, I think Chieftess, Moonsinger, and I have the forums pretty well in hand, and don't really *need* another mod.

In any case, it will be TF's decision (with input from us, of course).

Lefty Scaevola
Nov 14, 2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Yoda Power
I think zulu might be too evil to be a moderator That did not prevent my appointment.

Perfection
Nov 14, 2003, 03:39 PM
Now, when am I going to be a mod?

Superevie
Nov 14, 2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Perfection
Now, when am I going to be a mod?

Remember, if you have to ask, the answer is no. ;) I don't think Lefty's evil though! He can be reasoned with. :D

superslug
Nov 14, 2003, 03:46 PM
Remember, if you have to ask, the answer is no. ;) I don't think Lefty's evil though! He can be reasoned with. :D

Any mod is usually willing to trade favors when it's their turn to stock the staff fridge!

ainwood
Nov 14, 2003, 07:43 PM
Now, when am I going to be a mod? About the same time as everyone else leaves. :)

Perfection
Nov 15, 2003, 12:15 AM
Remember, if you have to ask, the answer is no. ;) I don't think Lefty's evil though! He can be reasoned with. :D Technically I didn't, I said "when" not "if" :evil:

Superevie
Nov 15, 2003, 11:01 AM
Technically I didn't, I said "when" not "if" :evil:

Okay, then never. :D Don't hold your breath. ;)

SoCalian
Nov 15, 2003, 11:03 PM
You're too perfect to be a mod.

col
Nov 16, 2003, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
That did not prevent my appointment.

Strider
Nov 16, 2003, 10:24 AM
I think 3 mods are enough... We don't need a 4th for just the C&C forum.

MarineCorps
Nov 16, 2003, 12:58 PM
Who said any thing about conquests here? Missing something are we? ;)

Strider
Nov 16, 2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by MarineCorps
Who said any thing about conquests here? Missing something are we? ;)

hey... It was an accident... I have conquests on the mind ok?

Ankka
Nov 17, 2003, 06:23 AM
Actually, I also first thought you meant the C3C forum, until I got the point...

Knight-Dragon
Nov 17, 2003, 08:31 AM
It's TF's and the Civ3 mods' call - nobody else's business. ;) :p

Lefty Scaevola
Nov 17, 2003, 08:51 AM
Now, when am I going to be a mod? Moderators are only human, therefor Perfection is not allowed. :p

Lefty Scaevola
Nov 17, 2003, 08:54 AM
Lefty's ......... He can be reasoned with. :D I commonly have to try that with Latina Goddesses in San Antonio, an interesting experience, to be sure.

MarineCorps
Nov 17, 2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by XIII
It's TF's and the Civ3 mods' call - nobody else's business. ;) :p

Where is TF anyways?

Superevie
Nov 17, 2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
I commonly have to try that with Latina Goddesses in San Antonio, an interesting experience, to be sure.

I'm not 100% sure what that means. :hmm:

Knight-Dragon
Nov 17, 2003, 10:12 AM
I'm not 100% sure what that means. :hmm: You're not alone! :)

barron of ideas
Nov 18, 2003, 06:38 PM
Lefty is willing to be thought a lot of things, even not-evil, but not-cryptic would bother him.

Hygro
Nov 19, 2003, 10:23 PM
Zulu is not particularly evil compared to many of the civfanatics staff :mischief: I think he'd make a fine mod there. The only thing is, I don't see people getting too flamy there (though I see it happen with a remotely controversial creation every now and then)

MarineCorps
Nov 20, 2003, 06:41 AM
Flaming isn't a problem I have rarley seen it, wrong threads and the ocasional spaming of the forum is the problem.