View Full Version : Bug: Manually added Leaders don't work

Firebird
Nov 16, 2003, 03:55 PM
Hi,

Leaders added to the map in a scenario or leaders generated from a wonder cannot build armies, hurry production or start a science age.

Other units, when given some/all the Leader-special actions, cannot function as leaders either.

/Firebird

warpstorm
Nov 16, 2003, 04:49 PM
Which type of leaders? I've made scenarios with MGLs on the map and they functioned fine. I will admit that I didn't try SGLs or ones generated from a wonder.

slothman
Nov 16, 2003, 11:05 PM
When you say "leader generated by a wonder" do you mean like the Knights Templar, from a mod? Or something else I haven't come across yet?

Packer-Backer
Nov 16, 2003, 11:21 PM
A little bit off topic but...how come SGL aren't a different unit?!?!?! WT*!?!?! It is isane to have two different units as one unit in the editor.

Firebird
Nov 17, 2003, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by Packer-Backer
A little bit off topic but...how come SGL aren't a different unit?!?!?! WT*!?!?! It is isane to have two different units as one unit in the editor.

Exactly my point too! I believe thats the culprit of this problem.

Firebird
Nov 17, 2003, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by slothman
When you say "leader generated by a wonder" do you mean like the Knights Templar, from a mod? Or something else I haven't come across yet?

Yes, like Knights Templar, only the wonder I modified generated GL's.

Firebird
Nov 17, 2003, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by warpstorm
Which type of leaders? I've made scenarios with MGLs on the map and they functioned fine. I will admit that I didn't try SGLs or ones generated from a wonder.

Allright, they might build an army if you have 4 cities or more (I forgot to test that), but the Hurry-function doesn't work like it's supposed to. I couldn't hurry a palace or a unit.

I have found out I can hurry a great wonder though, so the manually added/Wonder generated GL's work like a merged and cut MGL and SGL.

I still think Firaxis should make MGL and SGL seperate units. And then put a field in the editor to select which unit can be generatet when researching new science, just like we have a field to select which unit is generated in combat.

warpstorm
Nov 17, 2003, 04:54 AM
I've hurried the FP and other small wonders with placed MGLs. AFAIK, they can't hurry units or regular buildings anymore.