View Full Version : Game crashes when William makes demand

Marzipan
Nov 25, 2003, 06:35 PM
In 590 AD William makes a demand for horses. Immediately after the diplomacy screen comes up, poof! the game crashes completely and I'm back to the desktop. I went back and replayed the turn before this and pillaged my only connection to horses to see if I could get past this turn, but alas William demanded 23 gold instead and the game still crashed. So it looks like because of whatever this bug is I won't be able to finish my first game of Conquests. When is the first patch coming out "Atari"? Anyone have this problem and know of a way around it?

warpstorm
Nov 25, 2003, 07:14 PM
If you don't post your save, it is not likely to get fixed. (This was the first thing they told us in beta testing).

Marzipan
Nov 26, 2003, 08:04 AM
Well I tried uploading it but it is over the limit. Here's a link to the save game in the turn before the crash happens:

Crashed game (http://members.aol.com/Marzipan2u/gamecrash.sav)

Chieftess
Nov 26, 2003, 09:02 AM
You can use the File Upload. Read the announcement. ;)

Marzipan
Dec 21, 2003, 10:59 AM
Here's an update about this: yesterday I discovered that I have had a bad spot in RAM for about 6 months, that may have been responsible for this crash if it can't be duplicated on other machines.

Chieftess
Dec 23, 2003, 05:19 AM
Try that save again and see if you can duplicate it.

Isak
Jan 06, 2004, 03:45 PM
I know it's a bit late, but just in case.. I loaded the savegame and got past William's demand without problems. I tried both accepting and rejecting his demand, and neither caused a crash.

So I think you should probably reinstall Civ3 and C3C from scratch, if it wasn't the RAM block giving you trouble :)