View Full Version : Click on Scientist Crash

Birdjaguar
Dec 19, 2003, 09:39 PM
I did not see this bug listed on the forum; if there is a previous listing please excuse the post.

Description of problem - When I click on a
scientist head to change it, Game crashes to desktop
Steps to reproduce - Open saved game(battle.sav); open city with scientist (Amsterdam is one), click on head.
Observed result - Games crashes to desk top

I'm at 1804 AD in a monarch level Epic game. I don't usually mess with city heads until late in a game, so I don't know if I successfully clicked on a scientist prior to the crash tonight. But I have repeated the problem several times.

The game does not crash when I change an entertainer to tax collector or Tax collector to scientist. My file uploaded ok and I think this will take you there.

Sumersave (http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/Battle.SAV)

The file was there, just that it's case sensative. ;)
-- Chieftess

My link does not show up on my post?? The save file is Battle.sav on uploads6.

zurichuk
Dec 20, 2003, 06:50 PM
are you using an old graphics mod which doesn't include the graphics for policemen / civil engineers? i recall someone else having this problem near the beginning of conquests

Birdjaguar
Dec 21, 2003, 01:25 AM
I am using snoppy's C3C graphcs mod. I wonder if when i loaded it, I lost the police and engineers. How do I check for those graphics? Thanks!

Birdjaguar
Dec 21, 2003, 01:26 AM
Thanks Chieftess!

Birdjaguar
Dec 21, 2003, 01:53 AM
Thanks Zurichuk! That was the problem. I was using a 2001 popheads file.

No bug at all. mea culpa, mea culpa.

Moonsinger
Dec 23, 2003, 08:14 AM
Is there a solution for this? I mean other than restoring the original graphic file (since I can barely make head and tail of the original graphic anyway, I do not wish to go there).

Edit: Never mind! I have found the solution. Just in case anyone is having the same problem, here is the link to the new smiley graphic mod for C3C:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?postid=1344474#post1344474

Birdjaguar
Dec 23, 2003, 07:11 PM
Thanks Moonsinger, I was wondering if I had to stick with the "impossible to distinguish" vanilla popheads. I'm off to your link! How are you doing on Sid?