View Full Version : Grid Lines

Mack the Knife
Nov 01, 2001, 09:34 PM
before you throw me out on my ear for having played neither of the previous incarnations of this game :D, let me ask a quick question. i'm playing around in the tutorial and i want to turn off the dang grid lines. Ctrl-G doesn't do it. Ctrl-G does it in a regular game but not in tutorial mode. is this a bug, a feature, or am i doing something wrong? thanks for any help...

Cunobelin Of Hippo
Nov 01, 2001, 09:43 PM
Perhaps it's a permanent setting so the newbies :D can't complain that they can't find the right square to move their units into.

I'd just live with it until you're ready for a "real" game ;) Welcome to the site.

Mack the Knife
Nov 01, 2001, 09:57 PM
you're probably right, can't have us neophytes griping any more than normal. thanks!

Spiderine
Nov 03, 2001, 01:08 PM
I'm not in tutorial, and I can't turn off the dang grid lines!!! Ctrl+G does not work! Is there a way to fix this?

deanstow
Nov 03, 2001, 01:39 PM
The control G works fine for me. You might try and see if you have your caps lock on. Also, you might try tapping the alt and shift keys in case they are stuck. I have seen this work for regular windows programs and it might work for you.

Good luck
:enlighten

CrayonX
Nov 13, 2001, 06:40 PM
Hi there, I'm new to the forum, pls be nice. :crazyeyes

Civ3 - great game! My issue is that I tried to turn off the grid with CTRL-G, with and without capslock. There is a menu option "Grid" under "Map", which I tried, but the grid remains?

CrayonX
Nov 19, 2001, 01:35 PM
Took out some TSRs, I'm okay now.

crayonx