Noldodan (Summer home)

Cyc
Feb 08, 2004, 02:28 AM
Flag -

Motto -

Crest/Standard -

Cyc
Ladies and Gentlemen, below is the Bird's Eye view of our city the year of it's founding.

http://civfanatics.net/uploads6/Mont1400bcBE.jpg

Cyc
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/Mont1300bcCS.jpg

Cyc
Feb 08, 2004, 02:40 AM
Citizens of Montpellier, please join me in celebrating the Grand Opening of the great City. I call out to you and to all the Citizens of Fanatica (who may move here one day ;) ), to help build this City into the Metropolis it can one day be.

As of today, we are the only supplier of Luxuries to our Nation and we fulfill this need with pride. We shall build Troops and Settlers and one day Cultural improvements.

In our City Screen, we now show a Temple being built in Montpellier, but this may change back to a Batallion of Spearmen sonn. :thumbsup:

If you have any recommendations or questions, please post them below. As your Mayor, I intend to serve you well.

Welcome fellow Montpellierians.

Vander
Feb 08, 2004, 03:26 AM
Unfortunatly, as King of the Knights of the Round Table, I need to live in the Capital. However, I may vacation to Montpellier every so often ;).

But seriously, any plans for MP?

War_Mongrol
Feb 08, 2004, 10:33 AM
Well met Cyc, I have travelled the far distance from Vandelay to Montpellier to witness the commencement of what I hope will one day be a grand city! I wish you and this city the best of luck. And hopefully you shall visit my mountain side home one day.
Repectfully,
War Mongrol

Peri
Feb 08, 2004, 12:20 PM
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/31.JPG

I have decided to take up residence in your fair city. I have built a little house on the shore of the lake. I look forward to a lot of fishing and sailing. :)

zorven
Feb 08, 2004, 02:21 PM
Cyc, I am glad to see that you have created a city thread for Montpellier. I am sure you will do a great job with it.

Peri, if you will post your move in the Census Office, I will update the official census. Thanks.

Noldodan
Feb 08, 2004, 02:26 PM
Mayor Cyc, I wish to be a citizen of this soon-to-be-fine city.

Cyc
Feb 08, 2004, 03:25 PM
Welcome Peri and Noldodan. It is a pleasure to greet Montpellier's first new Citizens. That's a great Lakeshore home, Peri. Trust me, the fishing's great. Noldodan, thank you for making this great city your home. It's good to see that you have a true desire to live here.

Vander, m'Lord, thank you for stopping in. It is always a treat to have you here. Rest assured that the Knights of the Round Table will always be welcome here. In fact, my wine-tasting facilities will always be open and free to the honorable Knights of your fabled table.

Greetings War_Mongrol. Thank you for visiting our fair city. Thank you for the blessing. Please rest in Montpellier with a complimentary botlle of wine, before heading back to Vandelay. I'm glad to see you were not harmed by the constant Barbarian attacks to Vandelay. We are currently dealing with our own attacks. Hopefully, we will be able to hold them off until a new recruitment of Spearmen is complete.

And finally, thank you, Mr. President. We hope that Montpellier will live up to your expectations. We will strive to become a National leader in all aspects of city development. :thumbsup:

Peri
Feb 08, 2004, 04:25 PM
Greetings your Lordship, Mayor of Montpellier.
The Ami tribe will be arriving in Montpellier over the next few weeks having crossed the Great desert in search of a new home. We would like to settle in the lands south and east of the lake. We wish to live in union with our brothers the Paree and the tribe of Troy.

Your Friend and Ally

Peri d'Ami, Lord of the Ami people.

Cyc
Feb 09, 2004, 02:44 PM
We are more than honored to have the great Ami tribe settle within our city limits, Peri d'Ami. This will be an important contribution to the growth of Montpellier. You have chosen a nice piece of land to form your community on, as you will witness many beautiful sunsets as you gaze across the lake at ever-growing City of Montpellier. One question, though. It appears the home you have told me of (above) is to the Northeast of the city. Will you not be living with the other Ami, or is that just a vacation home? :)

Peri
Feb 09, 2004, 03:59 PM
Thank you for the welcome. The site was too good to resist. It is in easy reach of the town and has wonderful views of the surrounding countryside. For the most part I shall be farming with my people across the lake but also I shall stay in my other home as often as I can.

Peri d'Ami

Cyc
Feb 10, 2004, 01:16 PM
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/images23.jpg
Attention Citizens! As the proud owner of The Fanatican Winery, I'm here today to announce the new addition to this establishment. We will be expanding the original compound to open a new division of libation. *Mayor Cyc pulls the shroud off the stand holding a sketch of the new facility*

People of Montpellier, I give you the Cyclone Beer Brewery! Made from the finest ingredients in Fanatica, these brewskies will be the best available on the continent.
:beer:

As a side note, we're currently looking for Managers for the Winery and Brewery. If you're interested in applying for one of these positions, please let me know.

Peri
Feb 10, 2004, 04:08 PM
Greetings your Lordship, Mayor of Montpellier.

The Ami Farmers' Guild are very interested in purchasing the monopoly to supply hops and barley to the city brewery.

Your Friend and Ally

Peri d'Ami, Lord of the Ami people.

Cyc
Feb 10, 2004, 04:53 PM
By all means, Lord Peri. The CBB will purchase all the AFG has to offer. As you are the first supplier, you do have a monopoly, but we can't give you exclusivity. As long as you have the finest product available (we test the barley regularly), you will be given priority. Here's to a long and profitable relationship. :goodjob:

Peri
Feb 10, 2004, 05:47 PM
Thank you. Rest assured that the AFG only supply the finest products - and reasonably priced too.

Have you had any ideas on how to attract new citizens to the city by the way? Land grants perhaps?

Noldodan
Feb 13, 2004, 09:50 AM
And now I'm afraid I must cut my tenure as a resident here short, as it would not do to live outside the city that I am Mayor of. I will, however, maintain a summer home here.

Cyc
Feb 13, 2004, 12:40 PM
We here in Montpellier are very sad to see you leave our city, Noldodan. We are very happy, though that you have taken the opportunity to become Mayor of Vandelay. You are sure to be an outstanding Mayor and I am personally glad to see the fine City of Vandelay in such good hands. Hopefully, you'll even start a CHD storyline in your city thread. ;) We would appreciate the involvement.

We loved to have you keep a summer home here, and once again, we're sorry to see you leave. I'll stop by soon with your complimentary case of wine, Mayor Noldodan. :thumbsup:

Cyc
Feb 15, 2004, 01:06 PM
People of Montpellier! The Citizens of Fanatica have spoken! The poll for choosing our Provincial borders has closed and the results show that we are located in the Capital Province of Berry. The Provincial plan, proposed by your Mayor ;), is shown below:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/DG4Prov2a.jpg

We move forward from this day as a city of Berry province, under the currenent guidance of Governor Plexus. Three cheers for Governor Plexus! Things can only get better from here. A celebration is called for. Everyone meet down at the Cyclone Brewery for some free beer (well, free to you anyway). All are welcome!

Cyc
Feb 15, 2004, 09:23 PM

And now for something completely different...

As King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table had set off on their first quest, excitement was everywhere. Their quest.... to journey to Montpellier and drink beer! The Knights clammered behind the King down the dusty road past Vo Mimbre and on towards the vineyards of Fanatica's fifth city, Montpellier.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/CycloneA.jpg

As they arrived at the Cyclone Brewery, the men immediately began to down the brewskies. So much so, in fact, they forgot to post in the Mayor's Guestbook. :) They mingles with the other people there already, celebrating the official naming of their Province as Berry Province. Among them were the Ami tribe, lead by Peri. During the late afternoon hours, ravensfire amazed the Knights of the Round Table with some fancy legalwork...

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/Cyclone2A.jpg

It turned into quite an event at the Cyclone. Most all had a great time drinking beer and telling stories (mostly, stories about Barbarians). The knights of the Round Table all passed out in front of the Cyclone entry and stayed there until morning. Their first quest had been successfull. A grand start for them. Hopefully the next quest would be as grand.

TerminalMan90
Feb 15, 2004, 09:36 PM

"Vile animal", Sir Terman of Gnee mutters to himself as he hands the reins of his horse to a stable hand. His journey from the apital to Montipellier was exceedingly dusty and his smelly horse attracted clouds of tiny black flies whose only purpose in life seemed to fly up a persons nose.

Sir Terman rubbed his aching hind quarters and stamped his feet, trying to return the circulation to his numb feet. A dust cloud immediately sprang from his travel soiled chaps, causing him to sneeze repeatedly.

Parched, so parched. At this thought, Sir Terman brightened, for it reminded him of his current quest. From a bag slung over his shoulder, he pulled a scroll of parchment with a seal of the Order of the Knights of the Round table. It was an invitation to a celebration of the defining of new provincial boundaries.

Sir Terman of Gnee set off in search of the Cyclone Brewery. He was very thirsty (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?postid=1596833#post1596833) indeed.

Vander
Feb 16, 2004, 01:53 PM
The King is pleased, my Friend! This "beer" will do very well in quenching the thirsts of me an my fellow Knights!
Now, are there any beer wenches around? (I want to dew her! ;))

Cyc
Feb 16, 2004, 09:27 PM
People of Montpellier, the year is 550bc and our city is thriving. As you can see from the City Screen posted below, we have reached size 4 in population. All of the unhappy Citizens in our fine city seem to feel "It's just way too crowded".

You can also note from the pic below that we do enjoy our fishing. Montpellier also credits 25% of our commerce to the wine Industry (and I suppose our Brewery too ;) ), and you'll also notice our libation Industry is 20% of our nutritional intake. :thumbsup:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/Mont550bcCS.jpg

:D Not that we think our unhappy Citizens are wining (pun intended) too much, but to alleviate our unhappiness problem, we're going to form a work crew out of these frowning people and put them on the road to help with the National Work Program. All should be well in Montpellier soon.

We still have no Culture, but as I've said, our population has broken the 100k mark, so maybe we'll develop some soon. :) We are garrisoned by a healthy regiment of Spearmen, thankfully. The days of being ransacked by Barbarian Horsemen are over. Thank you Governor, Plexus!

Talk to you again soon.

Cyc
Feb 17, 2004, 12:04 PM
Greetings once again, people. I have returned from my journey to Vandelay and areas West. I have been to Audiac Province and it is doing well. As we returned home, I happened across an artist, who donated a birds eye view of our city. His work was done from a high point to the South.

I especially like the rendition of the Winery/Brewery in the background. You can even see Peri's boat just beyond his Lakeshore home.

Any requests or comments about our build queues? On any subject matter? I'm more than happy to pass these onto the Governor, if you'd like, or take care of them myself, if I can. :)

Keep in touch,

Mayor Cyc

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/FWCB.jpg

Cyc
Feb 24, 2004, 09:08 PM
:( Citizens of Montpellier. It is a sad day for me. I am resigning as your Mayor. I leave Office with a heavy heart knowing that, under the current circumstances, you will probably be left to wander without guidance.

Having just read the chat log, I see that our Demogame Turn Chat was played by a Deputy. Chieftess took control of the save in direct contradiction to the Code of Laws and to the Instructions left by the President. (We knew CT was against the ruleset, but this is rediculous!)

The actions taken in this game have deadened my senses as far as responding in caring manner, ya know? It's like, hey... it's just another dent in the car... wtf.

With people pirating the save and rulings we've been getting from our Justice Department, I cannot find it within myself to be part of this Government.

I hereby resign.... free wine and beer for everyone. :beer: