View Full Version : Term 3 - Ministry of Defense: Ministère de guerre

Sarevok
Feb 28, 2004, 07:00 PM
Welcome to the Ministry of Defense

Our objectives are:
- Planning offensive and defensive actions for Fanatica's armies.
- Overseeing the military buildup of Fanatica.
- And other such activities involving Fanatica's Armed forces

Minister of Defense: Sarevok

Defense Deputy: None, (post here for the position)

Operational Planners:
captainkeyes23
F4FWildcat

NOTE: The Operational Planner position is an "apprentice" position. For those who are interested in becoming an apprentice, post here.

Current Armed Forces:
12 Warriors
1 Archer
8 Spearmen
10 Swordsmen
8 Horsemen
1 Pikemen
3 Galley

Tasks of the Armed forces:

Garrisons:
- 1 Swordsmen in Mr. Rogers' to head to Vandopolis
- 1 Warrior NW of Grand Bricolage to garrison there

Protection:
NONE

Domestic:
- 1 Pikemen in Ville de Buisson, Change this to something more useful
- 1 Swordsmen in Grand Bricolage, Change this to something more useful
- 1 Warrior in Internal, Garrison
- 1 Pikemen in Liebling, Change this to something more useful
- 1 Archer in Anarchyisgodville, Change this to something more useful

Offensive:
NONE

Defensive:
NONE

Upgrades:
- 1 Spearman in DR
- 1 Spearman in VM
- 1 Spearman in Groton
- 1 Spearman in Bootsville

All Horsemen units should head to a barracks once Chivalry is researched, upgrade to knights, then proceed towards the Audiac borders with Egypt. If war is declared on Egypt, use the knights to attack the cities quickyl and any reserve units to ake city garrisons.

Units to be upgraded should proceed to the nearest city with barracks if they are not already at one.

Operations:
Our armed forces are at a good point at this time, but I advocate domestic and infastructure development during this time rather than mass militarization. I am however, advocating a war with Egypt to eliminate their position in Audiac. I hope to upgrade our horse units to knights in order to use them for this offensive. There are only 3 cities to take so given a decent mobilization time we can win that quickly.

Any units without instructions may move as they like, though city garrisons should not move unless it is of extreme importance.

Sarevok
Feb 29, 2004, 04:46 PM
I have heard plans for a potential war with egypt. As my time is limited as my computer just crashed yesterday, Can someone post a potential war plan?

Point13
Mar 01, 2004, 04:38 PM
i would be interested in being the operational planner, could you just tell me what i have to do?

Sarevok
Mar 01, 2004, 09:31 PM
Ok, Youre the first one. The first thing you can generally do is participate in discussions that are in the citizens forum for the ministry of defense. Discussions from here have 'Ministry of Defense' before the written topic. Ex: Ministry of Defense: Mobilization against Egypt?

Sarevok
Mar 02, 2004, 05:25 PM
Military discussions concerning Babylon and Egypt have been made. I ask that people participate in these discussions in order to decide potential plans for them.

ravensfire
Mar 03, 2004, 08:14 AM
My Lord Governor,

The Ministry of Internal Affairs Real Estate Department has brought a matter to my attention that I have neglected.

During the upcoming turn, several brave groups of settlers will begin their journies towards new lands. May I have your assurance that, even during the tension with Egypt, forces will be available to safeguard those Citizen who spread the light of Fanatica to the darkest of places?

From the current results, we will be using the two existing settlers to found a city West of Groton and the other North West of St. Octaviansburg. There is a chance that other settler teams will proceed NE of Groton and to the western-most tip of our peninsula. I note that the last site could provide an interesting location for troops.

My thanks!
-- Ravensfire, Minister of Internal Affairs

Sarevok
Mar 03, 2004, 04:29 PM
Such isses have been taken care of with my instructions. Thank you for sending this note as I like it when ministers can give input to military operations.

Chieftess
Mar 03, 2004, 05:58 PM
There are 3 units fortified in the jungle. Jungle can kill a unit if it's fortified. It would be better if they were left unfortified, and just skip them at the end of the turn (i.e., spacebar).

Sarevok
Mar 03, 2004, 08:55 PM
Agree, but it also dosent say specifically "fortify". Ill remember to make that clear for the next instructions.

Sarevok
Mar 03, 2004, 09:01 PM
War has been declared against us by Babylon!

Discuss plans in the citizen duscussion thread:

Ministry of Defense: WAR!

Sarevok
Mar 04, 2004, 10:10 PM
I have now officially made my requests to the Governors, Senate, and Ministers for the things that I will require in the war against Babylon.

Furiey
Mar 07, 2004, 05:24 AM
Sarevok:

When I started the Military Alliances thread I thought that Military Alliances fell under Foreing Affairs, but on double checking I realised that Mutual Protection Pacts, ROP, and Trade Embargoes are included (COL B.2.g), Military Alliances are not - confusing or what! I therefore would guess that they fall in your remit as you're responible for defensive and offensive plans (which makes more sense as you need to know the alliances to make your plans).

Thought I better say as if I post any instructions on this they'll be illegal anyway - but it could be difficult to get the spend approved for this - hope we don't lose them as a result. Perhaps we should ask for a judicial review (if that's what it is) to clarify exactly where they're included so there's no confusion in the future.

Furiey

Mr. Turtle
Mar 07, 2004, 09:59 AM
I like the peace. Stop the wars!!!!

Sarevok
Mar 07, 2004, 10:55 AM
we didnt start it did we?

Furiey, it says specifically you handle all of that stuff. You just ask me who to get them with. I ask you to have Russia then Germany for alliances as that was the poll result.

Furiey
Mar 07, 2004, 11:05 AM
Ah well that's the problem, when I checked the COL it specifically includes everything but that - hence my confusion! I'll include them in my instructions though - we want to make sure that we don't miss out.

Sarevok
Mar 07, 2004, 11:07 AM
indeed, thanks

Furiey
Mar 07, 2004, 11:30 AM
Sarevok - I've posted my instructions, please let me know if they do not meet your needs.

Sarevok
Mar 07, 2004, 12:14 PM
they are ok.

F4FWildcat
Mar 08, 2004, 11:05 PM
I would like to join the ministry of defense, as one of the operational Planners, I can play an active role in whatever is to come. If nobody minds helping me get started that is.

Sarevok
Mar 08, 2004, 11:14 PM
alright, The first thing you would need to do at this point is to download the savegame, look at it, then come up with some suggestions for a plan concerning our war with babylon.

EDIT: Register in the citizen Registry!

F4FWildcat
Mar 10, 2004, 02:13 PM
Where exactly do I get the save game file? I searched for a little while but I dontidnt have the time to search for the whole thing today and I can take care of my citizen registry tongith when I get the save game file.

Chieftess
Mar 10, 2004, 02:17 PM
You can look on the main forum for the latest turnchat (usually stickied).

Sarevok
Mar 10, 2004, 04:17 PM
indeed, that would be where to go.

zorven
Mar 10, 2004, 07:35 PM
Or, go to the thread Game Saves and Chat Logs (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74125) that is stickied in the main forum.

Sarevok
Mar 10, 2004, 08:18 PM
That also works :)

F4FWildcat
Mar 10, 2004, 10:53 PM
thank you guys I have my citizen registry and the 250 AD save game from tonight I think we have to small of a military to stand a to great a chance against Babylon. Groton, Sanction and Bootsville should be fortified with a spearman and a swordsman when possible.

Sarevok
Mar 10, 2004, 10:58 PM
ill consider that in my plan tommorow.

F4FWildcat
Mar 10, 2004, 11:03 PM
What does GMT stand for?

Sarevok
Mar 10, 2004, 11:07 PM
Its basically the time zone code for Britain.

F4FWildcat
Mar 10, 2004, 11:50 PM
OH and one mroe strategy. send one elite warrior from Mure to Ziqura or that one city near our nation but keep it one space away to attack any units trying to get by it.

Gravitas
Mar 11, 2004, 03:20 PM
Sarevok, unfortunately due to recent events in my life i will be unable to uphold my position as deputy. I have recently been bombarded by many things causing a fault in the balance of work. Sorry, I hope i can return to civing by June.

Sarevok
Mar 11, 2004, 04:02 PM
thats unfortunate. I hope you can resoulve you situation quickly...

Lecky
Mar 14, 2004, 01:13 PM
Hey...well done sarevok - it looks like this war will draw to a short and successful close.

Sarevok
Mar 14, 2004, 02:05 PM
indeed, thanks :)

Point13
Mar 16, 2004, 07:29 PM
any thing you wants me to do?

Sarevok
Mar 16, 2004, 08:03 PM
you can look at the save and see if there are anythings you can suggest...

Furiey
Mar 24, 2004, 01:58 PM
Minister Sarevok

The result of the discussion on how to deal with the intruding Settler/Defender pairs entering our territory is overwhelmingly to continue blocking them. As the units required to block them are under you control, please could you take this into account in your intructions and ensure that sufficient units are available to do so.

Thank You - Furiey

Sarevok
Mar 24, 2004, 04:01 PM
alright. Since war has left us, we have many units to use for such a task.

Sarevok
Mar 28, 2004, 11:54 AM
We are preparing for war against egypt at this time. I ask that all "Operational Planners" consider making a plan form which we can defeat their army.

ArmPilot
Mar 28, 2004, 01:07 PM
What excactly does operations planners do? I may interested in becoming one if you need anymore. The latest savegame is 610 ad right?

Sarevok
Mar 28, 2004, 01:09 PM
yes, its 610. The truth is, this term ends in 3 days so being a planner for this term is useless. Basically I would just need someone to be able to create a war planin order to fight other countries and to show how you would go about building up our forces. Its a step towards aquiring the position of Minister of Defence.

ArmPilot
Mar 28, 2004, 01:51 PM
The next Defence minister is gona be chieftess right? Will (she) have planners too or was just something you are doing?

Sarevok
Mar 28, 2004, 03:29 PM
We will have to see...

Chieftess
Mar 28, 2004, 08:40 PM
Since it's still term 3, I'm going to post a suggestion for the warplan against Egypt. (It'll be official if I'm elected).

Plan 1 - "Egyptian War"

1. Only attack after all trades are complete.
2. Select the Vet knight in Internal. Move it 1 North, then 1 North-East, and 1 North (follow the graphic shown). Attack the city with the knight. If the knight loses, and the unit is redlined (no other units in the city), use a regular knight. If there's more, healty units, use vet knights. Only move one knight at a time.
3. Select a vet knight from Internal. Move it one north, then west to attack Pithom. Use the same routine as above. If we take both cities, put more knights in Buto for riot control. Also, starve both cities, or, have them build/rush workers.
4. By Arthribis, select the vet knight to the SW of the city, and move one east, and attack. Do so with the vet knight behind the small stack if the first knight doesn't win. Follow that by the reg knight. This city will most likely autoraze. So, keep the 3 knights (for now) on the hills for "galley duty". (1 on each tile, next to each other). This is so that no one settles there again.

This should be all for the Egyptian War, as it's going to be very limited. Our objective will have been met.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/DG4_AD720_EgyptWar1.jpg
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/DG4_AD720_EgyptWar2.jpg

Sarevok
Mar 28, 2004, 08:52 PM
Thank you very Much CT, very good plan. Something along the lines of what I was planning, but in pictures. :) Perhaps you want to post that in the citizen forum?

F4FWildcat
Mar 28, 2004, 11:02 PM
I would like to apologize for my absence, but I was grounded for the last two weeks.If Chieftess uses the planners I hope to continue my work, little it may have been, to help win any future wars. I will be able to continue one the next save comes out.

Sarevok
Mar 28, 2004, 11:04 PM
As do I.