View Full Version : Efficient Military Output

akillias
Mar 27, 2004, 08:46 AM
Ok it is undeniable that a city that has reached it's maximum potential growth with a high corruption doesn't fairly contributes to your empire's military output. This article may help you in that case, since it only works with huge and wealthy empires, i suggest you to read it only in a case where you will find yourself often outclassed my mobilizing AI's units even with the highest universal population growth.

Ok most of these cities are almost useless at the first glance, but after you have researched Nationalism you can start pumping the juice out of em. First instead of producing direct military units start on pumping workers. Workers? Yes that's right with drafting it is better to produce workers and draft em when needed. Ok the next part is a bit tricky, in those city, your worker should never mine cause with a corruption as high as 50% and more it is useless, and unless you start working on Police Stations with civils engineers they wont be usefull enough, Now, what to do with them? Well mostly because they are defensives unit you should keep em on mountains or inside your cities to promote them to regular, i think there is a nice article on it somewhere on the forum so dont mind. You can also build barriers with your workers to get a better defensive output on hills and mountains. Thats all (Sorry for the spelling i am french)

CIVPhilzilla
Mar 27, 2004, 01:06 PM
Yea, but ur 4getting a big point, people don't like being drafted, and the city will quickly fall into civil disorder. I think it is better to have the hopelessly corrupt cities, just grow as large as they can, then have taxmen, so for each one u can support two more military units.

kb2tvl
Mar 28, 2004, 10:17 AM
I think the title is misleading to what is being said. The issue you debate is not effeicient military output but improving totally corrupt cities that can not make a return on investment.

I suggest that you think in terms of what future gov't you are going to enter and if there is value in improving cities that can only become productive in a communistic gov.

akillias
Mar 28, 2004, 10:31 AM
Usually i can draft 20 times or more in the same city using the slidder bar, trading with my friends and starving them. Dont forget they are absolutely useless in term of military production if you dont sacrifice them.