- To eliminate any barbarian scum on the lands around our nation
- To build up an elite military
- To set up the foundations for future leaders to lead us to total victory

Minister of War: Sarevok

Chief of Staff (Deputy): Falcon02

Chief of Army: CivGeneral*
Chief of Navy: truckingpete*

Ministry Officials: superpelon**

* These positions are for 2 people who excell in planning in a certain branch of the Army (in this case just Army and Navy, though I doubt Navy will have anything meaningful to do this term...). This is kind of a "planning" position where before each TC these people are expected to have a general plan of their own on what should be done. Eventually when we meet other civs, they will be expected to write warplans. They will report in this thread to the Chief of Staff, who is the leader of the general planning sector of this department.

** This position is what I call an "apprentice position". If you wish to learn more about the workings of this department, sign up in this thread to apply. There is no limit to how many there can be. You will be told the general things that this office needs to do, and you will be expected to engage in all of this office's discussions in the Citizens forum.

Discussions:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=95590

Current Military Strength:

Non-Military Strength:
1 Settler
1 Worker

If you have any questions or comments, please post them here. Otherwise defer your questions and comments to the discussion threads that are bound to pop up. Thank you :)

- Sarevok
Minister of War

superpelon
Jul 31, 2004, 06:59 PM
I wish to join. Still a newbie at the demogames, so ill sign on as an official. Lets see if i can tone down the warmongering from inside the Military Ministry.

*NOTE*
Does Military Ministry sound real lame to anyone else?? Defense, Armed Forces, anything but Military...

Sarevok
Jul 31, 2004, 07:09 PM
Alright youre in

P.S. I didnt name the office... I agree that it is lame.

EDIT: Name changed to Ministry of War :D

CivGeneral
Jul 31, 2004, 07:12 PM
I wish to apply for Chief of the Army :).

truckingpete
Jul 31, 2004, 10:15 PM
Congrats Sarevok...

Here you know those posititions you have, I would like to apply for Chief of the Navy even if we don't do anything navy this term. But dont put me to that positions yet. Once the science office thread is up, I like to see if he has any jobs like you have but for science. If not I'll like to be the Chief of the Navy.

Thanks!

- TP

EDIT: If you decide to put me as the Chief of the Navy, you can put me as the Cheif of Navy until the science thread is up and you know the rest...from my main post...

Sarevok
Jul 31, 2004, 10:24 PM
Both appointments made. Remember that this is not a deputy position, bbut merely an extension to the Ministry of War. I made the position up as a way to get more citizens involved here for experience in handling military affairs. By that standard, anyone can take these positions as they have no actual power and are more for getting experience in this department than anything else. Just to clear some stuff up :)

DaveShack
Aug 01, 2004, 12:27 AM
NOTE: I reserve the right to sack anyone in these Ministry positions (with the exception of the Chief of Staff) for doing nothing without outside consultation.

Hmm, there seems to be at least one missing punctuation. :rolleyes: I think you're trying to say that if someone is doing nothing you reserve the right to sack them, without needing to consult with anyone on that decision? If you want to fix it to mean what I wrote, put a comma after "nothing".

If you have any questions or comments, please post them here. Otherwise defer your questions and comments to the discussion threads that are bound to pop up. Thank you :)

So post here, or elsewhere, whichever we prefer? Or only post here if there is no discussion thread on the topic we're posting about? :mischief:

DaveShack
Aug 01, 2004, 12:32 AM
Proposal for citizen discussion: Do you prefer to recruit veteran units via use of a barracks, or recruit regular units and have them promote to veteran via combat? If the answer is use a barracks to recruit veteran units, then you'll need to suggest a barracks in the queue in Governor Zoi's thread. :D

Sarevok
Aug 01, 2004, 01:41 AM
Hmm, there seems to be at least one missing punctuation. :rolleyes: I think you're trying to say that if someone is doing nothing you reserve the right to sack them, without needing to consult with anyone on that decision? If you want to fix it to mean what I wrote, put a comma after "nothing".

So post here, or elsewhere, whichever we prefer? Or only post here if there is no discussion thread on the topic we're posting about? :mischief:
youre nitpicking... :mad:

Jk. Ill answer your questions.

1. Ill just get rid of that line altogether

2. Basically if you have a question that is not a generally discussed issue in the citizen forum, then discuss it here.

Proposal for citizen discussion: Do you prefer to recruit veteran units via use of a barracks, or recruit regular units and have them promote to veteran via combat? If the answer is use a barracks to recruit veteran units, then you'll need to suggest a barracks in the queue in Governor Zoi's thread.

Ill hold a discussion on this. Thank you for bringing this up.

Falcon02
Aug 01, 2004, 06:32 PM
Deputy Falcon02, reporting for duty.

Sarevok
Aug 01, 2004, 06:40 PM
Welcome, I call you the Chief of Staff. Do you have insight on the current situation? I was not able to make it to the TC. (Sleeping) Also, I would like to hear any schemes you would have that would better our nation. Remember the goal is not who did it, its that it is done.

Provolution
Aug 01, 2004, 07:07 PM
Honorable colleagues

It seems that a settlement southeast matches the long term interests for the militaristic nation of Japan. This will give our newgound nation access to two foodplains, river, forests, and a whole range of hills to expand the city into long term, as the first city should be a production center. Iron is also vital to our plan. Those hills do have a fair chance for iron and coal. There is no horses around so far.

I am going to give the following input on what can be done based on prior doctrinary discussions we had in the campaign threads.

A march from the City, if built 1 tile SE, would enable us to directly proceed into the hills SW of the City, with a vision of 2 tiles not 1, giving us a quickly needed instant mapping. I would explore the following, given we build 1 tile SE:

1. Go SW on the rim of all hills, going west then south, and then along the foothills to the first coastline, then proceed along the coast. in any direction.

2. We are quite equatorial, so the second explorer should investigate the Northern Hills, and then continue along closest coast, counterclockwise of the initial scout sent south, in order to maximize exploration.

3. Establish the size of the continent, any other civs and resource areas.

This means we need to develop the following techs

Bronze, Iron and Pottery.

We will churn out the first critical settlers until pottery is invented, then start a more expansive settler specialization of the Capital, and let the other cities built in the meantime build workers, military units and wonders. Iron is very crucial to dertermine early, as Japans strength depends largely on Iron access. The less wars we need to fight to get iron, the better economically we are off, granary or no granary.

Culturally, temples for area expansion and stability of cities, as we already got ceremonial burial.

Foreign Affairs, we only trade the technology iron working away when we are certain we are not to lose the potential of a new iron ore next to a future city of Japanatica.
Getting early iron, and control the iron early with cities, makes it harmless to trade away iron working for other techs. In fact, the AI Civs will suffer by consequence.

Remember that with the two foodplains, granary and pottery is not that urgent.
Iron is priority.

I hope we can discuss this :)

Provolution

Sarevok
Aug 01, 2004, 10:14 PM
I like it. You should post all this in a new discussion thread. Not everyone will come here to see it and this plan is not a purely military plan.

Comnenus
Aug 01, 2004, 11:46 PM
Honorable colleagues

It seems that a settlement southeast matches the long term interests for the militaristic nation of Japan. ...

I hope we can discuss this :)

Hello, all you Shinsengumi, or whatever you are calling yourselves these days. I point out that Japanatica is not a militaristic nation by nature, but only that you represent the militaristic aims of some portion of the population. Please don't assume that the nation will fall in line with militaristic goals. You know what happens when you assume. ;)

Going SE is not the only option open to us, as east also makes a lot of sense. I looks like we are going to have a lively discussion on this first move.

Sarevok
Aug 02, 2004, 02:04 AM
I agree, but nothing hurts by having a strong military ;)

Provolution
Aug 02, 2004, 05:57 AM
I have the following statistics for the pre iron and iron militaries of Japanatica

Regular Case

Early Exploration Barbarian Camp, Barbarian Warrior/Horse Enemy Civ Spearman
Warrior 54.9 % 64.2 %/ 18.1%/12.6 % (F)
Spearman

Archers 82.3 % 87.6 % 45.6 %/56.3 %
Horsemen

Swordsmen 91.5 % 94.5 % 64.2%7%4.) %
Samurai 95.4 % 97.2 % 75.8 %/67.7%

Now, this was all with regular units on flat, open land. However. if we keep some huts alive for military training, and then kill these huts off as soon as we have enough elites and veterans, we may now consider our attack chances with Swordsmen and Samurais.

Elite Case

Early Exploration Barbarian Camp, Barbarian Warrior/Horse Enemy Civ Spearman
Warrior 81.4 % 87.9% 38.2%/28.7 % (F)
Spearman

Archers 96.7 % 98.2 % 73.3 %/63.5 %
Horsemen

Swordsmen 99 % 99.6 % 87.9% 81.4 %
Samurai 99.7 % 99.9 % 94.2 %/90%

Lesson learnt

Iron alone gives us a military efficiency gain on attacking early units by 35-40 % increase of total succes ratio from warrior to swordsman on barbarians. The interesting find here is that frontier experience by a warrior has almost the same impact as a unit upgrade from warrior to archer. Yet economically, we may lose these units in one out of five cases, or even more in more defensive terrains. Comparing the aggregated effect of iron and experience to elite level, swordsmen are virtually invincible to barbarians, which means that further frontier wars are of no use following elite level.

Economically, the gain of leaving a goody hut intact and non colonized may over time be tremendous, but that requires that we have Iron so we can control the risk to 1 %.
with ravaging barbarians attacking a fortified mountain, over time, we may effectively increase the combat capabilities of the future samurai (pitting horsemen in defense fortifications next to frontier for later samurai upgrade)
by doubling the attack chances from horseman through elite horseman to elite samurai, or stick with the back up plan, a mixed army of elite swordsmen and regular/veteran samurai. When we know that we double or increase the attack ratio by a third with this training, we know that 10 units may have the real value of 15-20 units, which means a lot of saved production.

So if we really do not need to build a city in such a controlled reservation habitat, ideally it should be swamps, tundra, desert or plains - like what North Africa was for the Foreign Legion, a cheap and non-colonizable training ground for the French military., we SHOULD NOT build a city there.
This will be the Area 51 of Japanatica, a military development region, short term with barbarian training, and long term with military installations, airbases and so on, even a military construction city. Economically and Militarily, such a solution is in the best interest (Militaristic trait gives experience easily).
This reservation should also be protected from foreign CIVS,at any rate,

blackheart
Aug 02, 2004, 09:14 AM
Hello, all you Shinsengumi, or whatever you are calling yourselves these days. I point out that Japanatica is not a militaristic nation by nature, but only that you represent the militaristic aims of some portion of the population. Please don't assume that the nation will fall in line with militaristic goals. You know what happens when you assume. ;)

Going SE is not the only option open to us, as east also makes a lot of sense. I looks like we are going to have a lively discussion on this first move.

Eh coulda fooled me ;). No nation ever claims they're militaristic yet they keep a strong military force. Let us just rename ourselves as protective.

On another note, are you going to try to get a few galleys up and running soon Sarevok or wait?

Sarevok
Aug 02, 2004, 09:20 AM
When we can Ill get some galleys up.

Ill respond to your post later Provolution, im too tired to read large amounts of text...

superpelon
Aug 02, 2004, 11:52 AM
I think we should try and find the coast, and building a city before we try building a navy :) ;)

Zarn
Aug 02, 2004, 12:48 PM
I think we should try and find the coast, and building a city before we try building a navy :) ;)

Exactly. We should concentrate on the capital's builds, as it is going to be our only city, initally (obviously). Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We need a city next to water in order to make a navy.

Sarevok
Aug 02, 2004, 01:40 PM
I think we do not need a large initial navy, but we should get one up before the end of the term at least.

truckingpete
Aug 02, 2004, 09:50 PM
Somebody say navy? :)

Navy is good becuase we can explore the coast by sea, whice is alot fast.

So I agree to settle by a coast too...

- General TP of the Navy (sounds better than Chief of the Navy):D

Civman2004
Aug 02, 2004, 10:14 PM
Navy is overrated IMHO unless you're on a small island. By the time you can build anything decent, you're almost up to airports, in which case you just pop a few tanks in a transport, capture a city, rush an airport and then fly a few hundred more tanks to join them. I find that the AI builds too many annoying little ships that bombard my coastline, but if I try to kill them, their ironclads sink my destroyers and it becomes an expensive exercise.

Sarevok
Aug 03, 2004, 12:07 AM
The navy is used for exploration, were not really interested in naval power... yet.

Civman2004
Aug 03, 2004, 02:04 AM
I usually pay 100g or so and buy somebody else's world map, or trade for it when I'm trading a tech that the AI values more for one that it values less.

Falcon02
Aug 03, 2004, 10:04 AM
I usually pay 100g or so and buy somebody else's world map, or trade for it when I'm trading a tech that the AI values more for one that it values less.

We will trade for Maps, however, it's good to get an early head start as much as possible.... If we can find that Island before the AI does, it might be worth it. Or spot that luxary near the shore we can try to claim before the AI does.... now isn't that worth not just relying on the AI's exploration?

Oh not to mention by following the coast we will get a more complete communications network, which hopefully means we'll be able to trade contacts for goods.

Sarevok
Aug 03, 2004, 03:40 PM
Indeed, this is generally better.

Lecky
Aug 05, 2004, 07:29 AM
You have all heard me before on the benefits of naval capabilities. I wont go on again. It is very encouraging to hear our leader speak about the longer term plans for a navy.

Sarevok
Aug 05, 2004, 10:06 AM
I have used navies highly effectively in my games, though I will not lie and say that it is bigger than any other branch I create. The Air force is significantly larger (I know were not there yet ;) ) and the army much bigger. Still I use it for its purpouses.

blackheart
Aug 05, 2004, 11:08 AM
Big navy or not just depends on the type of map we are on. If it is mostly water then yes we would need a large navy. But if it is a pangea then what would be the point?

Sarevok
Aug 05, 2004, 02:04 PM
If it was Pangaea then it would be for exploration almost purely.

blackheart
Aug 05, 2004, 02:46 PM
If it was Pangaea then it would be for exploration almost purely.

Or a surprise attack possibly on those pesky kids from the other side of the world. It is a shame Civ3 doesn't focus more on the importance of navies in disrupting trade or anything like that.

CivGeneral
Aug 05, 2004, 07:18 PM
I wish for the Ministry of War to partisipate and cast there vote in the Dealing with Demands from other nations - Poll (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=96098) :).

Thanks,
CivGeneral

Sarevok
Aug 05, 2004, 09:25 PM
Or a surprise attack possibly on those pesky kids from the other side of the world. It is a shame Civ3 doesn't focus more on the importance of navies in disrupting trade or anything like that.
yeah, it is quite unfortunate :(

I wish for the Ministry of War to partisipate and cast there vote in the Dealing with Demands from other nations - Poll .

Ok, ill check it out :)

Provolution
Aug 06, 2004, 12:09 AM
Honorable Minister Sarevok

I am about to lauch the Ringi Reform of Japanatica, and the first target is the cit localization and development. As a Military Advisor, you are interested in building miliary facilities such as barracks and city walls, and in perspecttive coastal fortresses and SAM Battery in order to augment city defenses.

Please investigate the City Proposal Thread and assess the printed map, marcation of future city borders, the tile production by shield, gold food and gold. Shield is the most critical aspect for your Departments needs, and food in perspective, as you would need to draft conscripts one day.

So whenever a proposed city comes into the view on that thread, grade it from 0-5 based on how good the city location is. Also grade the city for its future military value, defensible terrain, military improvement prospects and so
on. When complete, write 4-6 lines on the point selection, and submit it tith the Domestic Affairs Ministry. If the City alternative is approved and selected for polling, you are free to, but not obliged, to write in the city proposal thread in order to influence the outcome. I have posted similar posts in the other Departments.

Barracks, Citywalls

Coastal Fortress

Sam Battery

----------------

Fortresses

Military Road

Sarevok
Aug 06, 2004, 09:40 PM
Sounds good to me, Ill check it out :)

BTW, to those concerned and I did not state this earlier (I was banned :mad: ) is that I will be away this weekend and cannot do the tC instructions or be at the TC. I have PMed Falcon02 to do it, and though there is confirmation he has read the message, I have recieved no reply.

Provolution
Aug 06, 2004, 09:46 PM
He has told that in the first moves thread and the instructions, so he is loyal and committed, not to mention talented, Falcon02 did a good job in the Province thread-

Falcon02
Aug 07, 2004, 12:39 AM
Sounds good to me, Ill check it out :)

BTW, to those concerned and I did not state this earlier (I was banned :mad: ) is that I will be away this weekend and cannot do the tC instructions or be at the TC. I have PMed Falcon02 to do it, and though there is confirmation he has read the message, I have recieved no reply.

I apologize for not giving you a direct PM response as confirmation :blush:, I will try to make a point to do this in the future.

Sarevok
Aug 07, 2004, 01:45 AM
Its alright, so long as what is needed to be done is done :)

Provolution
Aug 07, 2004, 06:07 AM
Officers, place make a qiuick detour NW, 1 tile, in order quickly to figure out that city location. There is a mismatch here.

Falcon02
Aug 07, 2004, 04:49 PM
Officers, place make a qiuick detour NW, 1 tile, in order quickly to figure out that city location. There is a mismatch here.

Please, be more specific... while I think I understand your request (move the Warrior scout 1 tile NW, to the hill), I don't think I understand the reason for the request, that's a little far to be settling at this point.

However, I do agree going NW more then 1 tile to the Mountain may be prudent (though requiring some backtracking).

EDIT: or we could go North 1 tile to the mountain....

Sarevok
Aug 08, 2004, 01:58 AM
I am pleased that you were able to act in my stead for the TC Falcon. I will be sure to call upon you again as you have shown high excellence in your hangling of my request. :)

Falcon02
Aug 08, 2004, 08:13 AM
Thanks Sarevok.

I need to annouce that I will be moving into my apartment next weekend (Aug. 15th.), and I have quite a few things I need to accomplish until then. It shouldn't effect my participation in the days leading up to the move, but moving day itself, I will likely not have any chance to check in on that day.

CivGeneral
Aug 10, 2004, 08:50 AM
I wish for the Ministry of War to partisipate in this discussions of the trades with the Babylons (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=96505)

While I am here, Ill also report there current strength compared to them. Our Military is weak compared to the Babylons :(.

Sarevok
Aug 10, 2004, 10:03 AM
Damn the Babylonians! not again! Looks like Ill have to fight them again or someone else will...

blackheart
Aug 10, 2004, 10:39 AM
Maybe we should find their capital city and blitz them while they're weak.

Sarevok
Aug 10, 2004, 12:47 PM
Soon that may be in the plan but for now we are too weak...

truckingpete
Aug 10, 2004, 05:26 PM
Babylon again!! Well, we show them!! Why do we ALWAYS get Babylon!!

Or well, there going down...

- TP

Black_Hole
Aug 10, 2004, 08:41 PM
burn them to the ground!

Sarevok
Aug 11, 2004, 01:39 AM
With pleasure... :evil:

Rik Meleet
Aug 11, 2004, 07:05 AM
Dear Minister of the Military.

I've come up with an escape hatch, in case the Babylonians really are back-stabbing us (again). I'd like to ask the Military to consider this option and decide whether this is a possible escape-hatch or not. I'm not promoting it, I just want to know whether the Military will consider it an option, if all goes wrong.

Disband (or merge) the settler in the Capital to get shields quickly enough for a defending warrior to be produced.

Sarevok
Aug 11, 2004, 10:06 AM
possibly, if all else fails that can work. However, Setters are not in my jurisdiction...

blackheart
Aug 11, 2004, 01:25 PM
No, disbanding the settler now would basically be giving up colonization. The Babylonians are really close to us and we need to grab land before they do.

Why burn their cities when we can make it our summer homes? :king:

CivGeneral
Aug 11, 2004, 01:35 PM
I wish for the Ministry of War to cast there votes and partisipate in the Babylon Trade (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=96642) thread :).

Thanks,
CivGeneral

Sarevok
Aug 11, 2004, 03:34 PM
No, disbanding the settler now would basically be giving up colonization. The Babylonians are really close to us and we need to grab land before they do.

Why burn their cities when we can make it our summer homes? :king:
I do see a threat as unreasonable. We should go land grabbing, but as I said this is not this ministry's jurisdiction. I have no control of Settlers or Workers.

truckingpete
Aug 11, 2004, 05:24 PM
I wish for the Ministry of War to cast there votes and partisipate in the Babylon Trade (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=96642) thread :).

Thanks,
CivGeneral

Voted...

With pleasure... :evil:

Now that's a good military leader for ya!

- TP

ali
Aug 13, 2004, 10:19 AM
To the minister of military,

Hello Im a new citizen I would like to offer my services to the minister of military in response to your request for appliancts....I would like to apply for the position of Chief of Air Force when we get to that stage...to give me some experience and to put my AAFC skills into practise :)

regards ali :)

Sarevok
Aug 13, 2004, 11:55 AM
Hello Ali,

I welcome you to CFC and the Ministry of War. I hope that you can do well here and that you will learn many things for your future in the DG. However, we are currently in the ancient age when the light at the end of the tunnel are warriors with iron weapons, so we wont be in such an age for a long time, months at least. Still I hope you can learn much here :)

- Sarevok

Donovan Zoi
Aug 16, 2004, 12:30 AM
I invite you to join a very important discussion. Please participate. :)

Furuyama Gems (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=97121)

Sarevok
Aug 16, 2004, 07:40 AM
Ok DZ :) .....

DaveShack
Aug 16, 2004, 12:37 PM
Governor Zarn has posted build instructions for some spearmen. Should those newly recruited defensive units garrison the cities which produce them? If so, what should the current warrior garrisons do?

Sarevok
Aug 16, 2004, 01:38 PM
Governor Zarn has posted build instructions for some spearmen. Should those newly recruited defensive units garrison the cities which produce them? If so, what should the current warrior garrisons do?
im on it......

Sir Donald III
Aug 16, 2004, 01:58 PM
IIRC, Upgrade costs are relatively light in Vanillia.

My advice: Hold the Warriors nearby, possibly filling in some holes near our "Defendable Area", and then putting them on standby for Upgrades once we connect Iron and have a Barracks.

Alternatley, if Site G wins, since the Governor does NOT have a Temple planned for there, these warriors could fortify the Southern Fences to control Babylonian Settlement.

Black_Hole
Aug 16, 2004, 02:10 PM
IIRC, Upgrade costs are relatively light in Vanillia.

My advice: Hold the Warriors nearby, possibly filling in some holes near our "Defendable Area", and then putting them on standby for Upgrades once we connect Iron and have a Barracks.

Alternatley, if Site G wins, since the Governor does NOT have a Temple planned for there, these warriors could fortify the Southern Fences to control Babylonian Settlement.
i thought it was the same for ptw and conquests: 2(3?) times the shield difference, which means (30-10)*2 which is 40

blackheart
Aug 16, 2004, 02:56 PM

Just be careful to stay away from Babylonian borders because such an act might be interpreted as war by the Babylonians.

DaveShack
Aug 17, 2004, 09:37 AM
I have requested two warriors instead of a spear in Furuyama (sp?) so they can be used for settler escort and capitol garrison. The capitol is scheduled to produce a settler and then granary, according to the previous set of instructions. Please indicate in the province thread if this is acceptable to the military or if you prefer a different means of defending our people.

Sarevok
Aug 17, 2004, 09:41 AM
ill have to look at the save.

Donovan Zoi
Aug 17, 2004, 05:36 PM
Minister Sarevok,

FYI - the people of Furuyama have gotten word of a barbarian uprising near our town, but our scouts cannot see a thing. Can you please look into this?

Falcon02
Aug 17, 2004, 08:15 PM
I'm glad to see a Spearman currently in queue for Furuyama, which should help protect it.

I suggest the warrior nearby wander the mountains in the area for the barbaric tribes.

Sarevok
Aug 17, 2004, 09:52 PM
I'm glad to see a Spearman currently in queue for Furuyama, which should help protect it.

I suggest the warrior nearby wander the mountains in the area for the barbaric tribes.
Falcon, can you do this coming TC?

Donovan Zoi
Aug 17, 2004, 09:58 PM
Minister Sarevok,

Seems as though trouble may be brewing in our capital. Please join the following discussion for your briefing.

Focus on Fanatikku: There's A Riot Goin On! (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=97312)

Respectfully,

Donovan Zoi
Minister of Trade

Falcon02
Aug 19, 2004, 09:15 AM
Falcon, can you do this coming TC?

Yes, Sir. I can and will take care of instructions this t/c.

superpelon
Aug 19, 2004, 10:47 PM
QUESTION:

Is the Ministry FOR or AGAINST the use of troops as Military Police??

Sarevok
Aug 20, 2004, 08:45 AM
QUESTION:

Is the Ministry FOR or AGAINST the use of troops as Military Police??
if we have "unruly citizens" I am not against it.

blackheart
Aug 20, 2004, 01:14 PM
We gotta keep those dissenters in line with a little show of force!

Sarevok
Aug 20, 2004, 07:43 PM
We gotta keep those dissenters in line with a little show of force!
exactly....

blackheart
Aug 23, 2004, 09:05 AM
Honored Minister Sarevok,

I request that a scout be sent to explore the unkown region north of Zojoji ASAP. This region is vital to our expansion strategies and perhaps the livelihood of the entire country. I do not want the Zulu and possibly the French (if that is them with the pink border) to claim the entire northern part of the continent for themselves.

Sarevok
Aug 23, 2004, 10:25 AM
Honored Minister Sarevok,

I request that a scout be sent to explore the unkown region north of Zojoji ASAP. This region is vital to our expansion strategies and perhaps the livelihood of the entire country. I do not want the Zulu and possibly the French (if that is them with the pink border) to claim the entire northern part of the continent for themselves.
we will have people over there soon :)

blackheart
Aug 23, 2004, 11:23 AM
Thank you. While we're at it, the Zulu are turning out to be a ripe target, are you planning to go for them or are you still aiming for Babylon?

Sarevok
Aug 23, 2004, 04:20 PM
Thank you. While we're at it, the Zulu are turning out to be a ripe target, are you planning to go for them or are you still aiming for Babylon?
Ill look at the situation.

invy
Aug 23, 2004, 04:37 PM
Zulu will obviously be mayor force on continent or pangea, whatever is it. I think France will have some problems. Zulu have great terrain and military trait. We should try conquer weaker nations until we can overpower them.
Or an early war to cripple their expansion.

Seems to me it will be easier to take outside babilonian cities like their wine city. Or to attack Rome maybe.

Sarevok
Aug 23, 2004, 04:46 PM
Zulu will obviously be mayor force on continent or pangea, whatever is it. I think France will have some problems. Zulu have great terrain and military trait. We should try conquer weaker nations until we can overpower them.

Seems to me it will be easier to take outside babilonian cities like their wine city. Or to attack Rome maybe.
Rome may be too far. I think we ought to head for Babylon. Ill make a thread.

blackheart
Aug 24, 2004, 09:13 AM

France may be strong, but they are half a world away. Zulu may have the terrain but their UU is weak and their tech underwhelming. Romans probably already have Iron and Legions are not to be messed with. Plus they have a good position with production and food. Babylonians do seem weak, but they are far away and we are cut off from them by mountains, so sending reinforcements might take a while. Iroquois are too far away to conquer.

Sarevok
Aug 24, 2004, 10:23 AM
so we kill the Zulu?

Provolution
Aug 24, 2004, 10:25 AM
There is also a strong support for all alternatives, Romans, Zulu, Babylon and then the pacifists.

Black_Hole
Aug 24, 2004, 10:55 AM
There is also a strong support for all alternatives, Romans, Zulu, Babylon and then the pacifists.
:p at the pacifists :D

Sarevok
Aug 24, 2004, 02:28 PM
:p at the pacifists :D
I agree ;) :mischief:

blackheart
Aug 24, 2004, 02:57 PM

Send the pacifists in as front line infantry :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh wait I belong to the Zenedoshu too :lol:
Either way someone has to fall.

Sarevok
Aug 24, 2004, 04:43 PM
yeah, they can be the "sword fodder"

alex_t
Aug 25, 2004, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Sarevok
so we kill the Zulu?
I say: "Let's get the eastern iron and make the Romans our slaves! :spear: "

Sarevok
Aug 27, 2004, 09:45 PM
I ask that Falcon02 take this next TC coming up.

invy
Aug 28, 2004, 04:17 AM
Just a question:
What about idea to spend a warrior or two to block Babs access to Horseport city.

Falcon02
Aug 28, 2004, 01:56 PM
I ask that Falcon02 take this next TC coming up.

I don't see any more upcoming Turnchats currently posted, in the schedule thread or as an individual thread in the main forum.

Anyway, I will, assuming there's one more before the term ends.

Dominik
Aug 29, 2004, 01:05 AM
We need a legion of Phony Pacifists.

invy
Aug 29, 2004, 05:19 AM
I think we should send a soldier to expore NW territory near Zojoji. It is close to capital and probably ideal place to settle.
In instructions posted for tonights chat i think none is going there to explore.
Could MA arrange this please? There was more people asking to explore that area.

Falcon02
Aug 29, 2004, 11:01 AM
I think we should send a soldier to expore NW territory near Zojoji. It is close to capital and probably ideal place to settle.
In instructions posted for tonights chat i think none is going there to explore.
Could MA arrange this please? There was more people asking to explore that area.

Thank you, the instructions have been fixed the warrior near Immo shall explore that area and the south central warrior shal go north to do barbarian hunting around Odawara.

Dominik
Aug 29, 2004, 12:15 PM
From reading this thread, I got the impression the Zulu were our first target, but the citizen's forum agrees on attacking Rome first. So I have a couple questions...

1) Have we decided when to go to war?
2) Have we decided who with?

Or is this discussion all just for the future?

Falcon02
Aug 29, 2004, 04:37 PM
From reading this thread, I got the impression the Zulu were our first target, but the citizen's forum agrees on attacking Rome first. So I have a couple questions...

1) Have we decided when to go to war?
2) Have we decided who with?

Or is this discussion all just for the future?

All the current discussion has pretty much been centered around who and if we will attack one of our neighbors later.

so to directly awnser questions 1 and 2 nothing is "decided" about the war until there is an official poll on it. Though most discussion agrees that we don't want to get ourselves into a war until we are in the age of samurai, and so any poll on a declaration of war, and against whom, will likely be posted once we are close to having or have Samurai's at our disposal.

invy
Aug 29, 2004, 06:10 PM
Thanks for quick replies and changes, good will and much more :)
Ministry of war is doing excellent job, its efficient and opened to ideas. We are already strongest force in known world and pumping more.

Keep up the good job! :goodjob: