FA Assistant: Nobody

FA Workers:
JackA

blackheart
Aug 30, 2004, 02:35 PM
Our current goals and agendas:

* Establish embassies with all nations.
* Push for colonization to the north.
* Maintain Japanatica's position of power.

blackheart
Aug 30, 2004, 02:39 PM
A map of our current contacts and relations, Circa 170 AD.

War! We declared war on Rome and now they have a military alliance with Babylon against us. A MA with the Iroquois is currently being debated.

We have embassies established with Iroquois, Rome, and France.

Gregski
Aug 30, 2004, 03:35 PM
FA assistant Gregski reporting for duty and awaiting orders. By the way minister-san, that is the coolest headquarters I've ever seen.

Black_Hole
Aug 30, 2004, 05:27 PM
FA assistant Gregski reporting for duty and awaiting orders. By the way minister-san, that is the coolest headquarters I've ever seen.
*cough*not as good as science department ;) *cough*

Civman2004
Aug 30, 2004, 07:10 PM
FA Deputy here :)

Nobody
Aug 31, 2004, 06:30 PM
Hi, im new here (i just got born when the food box in the capital city got full). i m just looking around, thinking about a career in the foregin affairs ministry. so umm.... got anything i can do for you. (also i hate iroquois but i want to kill rome) i can speak babaylonian if you need an ambassordor.

invy
Sep 01, 2004, 05:47 AM
Hi, im new here (i just got born when the food box in the capital city got full). i m just looking around, thinking about a career in the foregin affairs ministry. so umm.... got anything i can do for you. (also i hate iroquois but i want to kill rome) i can speak babaylonian if you need an ambassordor.
:) :crazyeye: :lol: :goodjob:

Gregski
Sep 01, 2004, 07:50 AM
That sounds like a great idea, I was already considering for applying to the post of Ambassador for Northern States (France and Zulu). Perhaps our esteemed leader Blackheart can shed light on this.
Btw how did you come up with that name - it's prone to so many puns :)

blackheart
Sep 01, 2004, 03:03 PM
You're hired Nobody. You can be the assistant's assistant. Not much to do right now though...

You can be the Ambasssador Gregski, write strategies on how to deal with them or something. BTW, I'm bumping you up to Vice Deputy Gregski (kinda redundant isn't it?)

Gregski
Sep 02, 2004, 03:20 AM
Wow, my role is getting rather glamourous by now...
Thanks!

blackheart
Sep 02, 2004, 02:42 PM
Wow, my role is getting rather glamourous by now...
Thanks!

Not as glamorous as mine :D. Here's some suggestions for your strategies for the Zulu and French: take into account their UU, the terrain, and how aggressive each civ is.

blackheart
Sep 02, 2004, 08:14 PM
War has reared its ugly head in the form of the Iroquois. All the staff of the FA Ministry please think about how to deal with this war and share your ideas.

Zarn
Sep 03, 2004, 03:30 PM
I would like to involve an alert system to let citizens know how each civ should be dealt with in terms of diplomacy and caution. If you don't use it, it is fine by me, as it is only a suggestion. ;)

Alert Status explaination

Dark Red (Very High): Known threat with units in sight
Red (High): Known threat with units out of sight or furious civ with units within sight, or if civ has units within our territory (without a settler)
Orange (Medium): Furious civ with units out of sight or annoyed civ with units in sight, or if a civ has settlers within our territory.
Lime (Low): Annoyed Civ with units out of sight or cautious civ
Blue (Very Low): Civ Polite or Gracious

What I mean of units within sight, I refer to units seen from our borders not from our scouting warriors and such.

Example:

Iroquois: Dark Red- Invasion
France: Blue
Rome: Lime- Unit within sight (cautious)

JackA
Sep 03, 2004, 03:56 PM
I would like to be the Forigen Adivsor Assistent.

blackheart
Sep 03, 2004, 04:22 PM
I would like to be the Forigen Adivsor Assistent.

We already have an assistant, but if you would like to apply for another position please PM me.

I like the idea of an alert system Zarn, but remembering what all the colors mean is a hassle and orange and red have too many variables.

JackA
Sep 03, 2004, 04:46 PM
Check your PM Inbox Blackheart.

Nobody
Sep 05, 2004, 04:09 PM
Dear god the negoations have failed.

Civanator
Sep 05, 2004, 05:15 PM
I humbly request FA look into getting Map Making, 9 gold, and Territory Map from the Iro in exchange for peace. Of course you have to work with Trade ;).

blackheart
Sep 05, 2004, 05:51 PM
Poll for peace with Iroquois.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=99046

JackA
Sep 06, 2004, 01:21 PM
What do the FA Workers do? By the thanks for a positon! :wink:

blackheart
Sep 06, 2004, 02:10 PM
What do the FA Workers do? By the thanks for a positon! :wink:

In reality? Nothing :lol:.

None of the positions besides Minister and Deputy have any constitutional power. But you are part of the FA Ministry.

Black_Hole
Sep 06, 2004, 02:18 PM
In reality? Nothing :lol:.

None of the positions besides Minister and Deputy have any constitutional power. But you are part of the FA Ministry.
you have got a pretty large office here Minister Blackheart ;)

JackA
Sep 06, 2004, 02:40 PM
At least i have a job :lol: :lol:

The FA Ministry Rocks! :thumbsup:

Black_Hole
Sep 06, 2004, 03:04 PM
At least i have a job :lol: :lol:

The FA Ministry Rocks! :thumbsup:
ahem and how about the magnificent science ministry? ;) :D

JackA
Sep 06, 2004, 03:18 PM
Oops. And that rocks to can i be a SA Worker?

Black_Hole
Sep 06, 2004, 03:39 PM
Oops. And that rocks to can i be a SA Worker?
you have yet to prove yourself grasshopper ;)

blackheart
Sep 06, 2004, 03:49 PM
Go away Black_hole you're stealing all my minions

Nobody
Sep 06, 2004, 04:09 PM
The romans are too far away for us to attack, the longer we stay at war the more likely they are to sign military alliance against us with rome, babylon or Zululand. We should sign peace now,

Black_Hole
Sep 06, 2004, 04:31 PM
Go away Black_hole you're stealing all my minions
ahem Minister Black_Hole you mean ;)

blackheart
Sep 06, 2004, 06:16 PM
ahem Minister Black_Hole you mean ;)

Ok, Minister Black_Hole. I don't think culture needs many minions :p

Black_Hole
Sep 06, 2004, 06:20 PM
Ok, Minister Black_Hole. I don't think culture needs many minions :p
ahem.... Science!!!!!!!! I need researchers, what would you use them for? Spying?

blackheart
Sep 06, 2004, 06:41 PM
ahem.... Science!!!!!!!! I need researchers, what would you use them for? Spying?
Erm, sorry :lol: :lol:. Read it wrong. I need more lackeys to get me coffe, make some sandwhiches, and sweep!

Black_Hole
Sep 06, 2004, 07:29 PM
Erm, sorry :lol: :lol:. Read it wrong. I need more lackeys to get me coffe, make some sandwhiches, and sweep!
ill keep this in mind when u need a tech to get peace ;) :cool:

blackheart
Sep 07, 2004, 03:04 PM
ill keep this in mind when u need a tech to get peace ;) :cool:

Haha I'll let the unhappy pesants storm your offices and see if we get the tech or not :D

JackA
Sep 07, 2004, 06:43 PM
blackheart by minoins are you refering to me? :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol:

blackheart
Sep 08, 2004, 02:39 PM
blackheart by minoins are you refering to me? :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Everyone in the FA ministry :D

Black_Hole
Sep 08, 2004, 03:48 PM
if you guys want to riot or revolt, I can give u the technology to do so :D

JackA
Sep 08, 2004, 04:23 PM
So i am your minon? eep Ahhh! :lol: :lol: :ar15: :rolleyes: :wink:

blackheart
Sep 09, 2004, 02:48 PM
if you guys want to riot or revolt, I can give u the technology to do so :D

That's a no no Black_Hole. If you want your own minions go get them yourself!

Cyc
Sep 09, 2004, 03:02 PM
I know this is a silly question, but can we get some content in here that remotely resembles Foreign Affairs?

Rik Meleet
Sep 09, 2004, 05:19 PM
blackheart, JackA, Black Hole - even the DemoGame FA-office thread can be closed if it gets too much off-topic. Consider yourselves warned. Stay on-topic !! - Rik

JackA
Sep 09, 2004, 05:27 PM
Sorry Rik.JackA starts sweeping the FA Ministry floor and vacuming.

blackheart
Sep 10, 2004, 02:59 PM
The FA department is back on task! Get to work minions!

JackA
Sep 13, 2004, 12:12 PM
I suppose that i clean the bathrooms and floors of the FA Ministry?

:lol: :lol: :eep: :eep: :P :P :wink:

Sir Donald III
Sep 14, 2004, 12:13 AM
I'd like for the FA department to possibly consider the pros and cons of establishing an Embassy with France.

Since I already posted, it probbaly won't be for this TC, but still...

Civman2004
Sep 14, 2004, 02:23 AM
Ooooh - goodie!! A Job!

I'll get straight onto it... I'll need to get home and analyse the save (sadly, I don't have civ3 installed at work!)

For those civs with whom we do not yet have embassies @ 290BC,

Cost of establishing embassy
France 43g
Zululand 43g
Babylon 30g

Current Attitude
All annoyed

Deputy Minister's Recommendation for priority
1. Zulu
2. France
3. Babylon

I believe it is a higher priority to establish an embassy, and good relations, with the Zulu. Citizen sentiment seems to be supporting the idea of an attack against Rome, and we want to ensure, as far as possible, that we are not faced with both Rome and Zulu, and, if necessary, we can even bring the Zulu into the war effort with us. The Zulu are on our doorstep - we don't yet share a land border with the French. In terms of MA, I believe the Zulu will be a more formitable Ally.

The advantage of France would be that if we did decide to go with suicide galleys, I see the most likely points for the location of the new continent as being West of Tours or Lyons, or East of Avignon - we may want to strike out from within their territory, and a ROP might be good for that. Of course a similar argument applies to Nineveh and the Babs.

It does come down to the question of which is the higher priority - war against Rome, or finding the new continent. The answer to the question of which civ to get an embassy with next hinges on the answer to the other question.

What thinks you, esteemed minister Blackheart?

MOTH
Sep 14, 2004, 07:54 AM
Honorable Foriegn Minister,
Would it be possible for a poll of the people for the next turnchat to see if the people wish for war now? I believe that many citizens feel that there is already sufficient cause for war and that we do not need to wait for further actions by Rome or others. We need to be ready before they declare war on us.

blackheart
Sep 14, 2004, 02:31 PM
Already have a cassus belli up, Moth: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=99710

Good work Civman. I would have to consider establishing one with France first though. It is unlikely that we would ally with the Zulu given some of our citizens and minister's contempt towards them.

I would like our next embassy to be with the French, but that'll be up to the citizens. I won't poll it however, until we get positive income and have cash reserves of around 100 g after building the embassy. Samurai are coming up and we need money for that.

MOTH
Sep 14, 2004, 04:47 PM
Already have a cassus belli up, Moth: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=99710

I understand and have voted, however from your thread:

This is for a cassus belli and WILL NOT directly lead to a declaration of war of any type.

I want a poll that WILL lead directly to a declaration of war if it is the WOTP

MOTH
Sep 16, 2004, 09:17 AM
@Civman or @ Blackheart:

Please, can a poll be posted asking the citizens if we should declare war on Rome. Civman, Blackheart posted an official absence due to a broken modem. If we are going to have a poll in time for the next TC then it is up to you.

I will probably post an informational poll on this subject as well.

Thank you for your consideration.

blackheart
Sep 16, 2004, 05:33 PM
@Civman or @ Blackheart:

Please, can a poll be posted asking the citizens if we should declare war on Rome. Civman, Blackheart posted an official absence due to a broken modem. If we are going to have a poll in time for the next TC then it is up to you.

I will probably post an informational poll on this subject as well.

Thank you for your consideration.

It is possible a poll for war will be posted after this TC and not before. When samurai come there will definitely be a poll.

MOTH
Sep 16, 2004, 08:11 PM
It is possible a poll for war will be posted after this TC and not before. When samurai come there will definitely be a poll.

And what about the will of the people? :mad: In my informal poll there is currently strong support for war now (before the Roman's get Legionaries). If you post a poll now there is still more than 48 hours until the turn chat.

You are of course free (responsible) to phase your poll and options however you feel is best. It may be that with a poll with better options (such as wait for Samurai) might come out with different results.

Some of us (well me anyway) feel that we should have already had some war to keep some of our neighbors in check. Especially with the Romans where we can keep them from Iron and thus no Legions.

Please post a poll on this for this turn chat.

Point of order for anyone: :confused:
Is there a procedure to force a minister to fulfill his responsibilities? I'm off to read the constitution and code of laws.

Black_Hole
Sep 16, 2004, 08:25 PM
And what about the will of the people? :mad: In my informal poll there is currently strong support for war now (before the Roman's get Legionaries). If you post a poll now there is still more than 48 hours until the turn chat.

You are of course free (responsible) to phase your poll and options however you feel is best. It may be that with a poll with better options (such as wait for Samurai) might come out with different results.

Some of us (well me anyway) feel that we should have already had some war to keep some of our neighbors in check. Especially with the Romans where we can keep them from Iron and thus no Legions.

Is there a procedure to force a minister to fulfill his responsibilities? I'm off to read the constitution and code of laws.
you can file a CC with the judical department

blackheart
Sep 16, 2004, 08:31 PM

The poll pretty much shows a split. If there were overwhelming support the situation would be different.

I am not violating my duties in anyways. For example if we were at war and the people wanted peace and I didn't issues orders for peace, that would be violating the WOTP.

In this situation however, I am acting as a leader and filtering the options for which I think is best and fits the FA agenda.

I feel I have and am completing my duties. I respect your wish to go to war but I will not rush us into a war because one person demands of it.

MOTH
Sep 16, 2004, 08:48 PM
My feeling is that the informal poll shows sufficient interest in war now that the Foreign Ministry should perform a more accurate formal poll (or polls). I don't think that my poll should be used *by itself* to determine the WOTP as I specifically stated that it would hold no official weight.

Suggestions for formal polls:

A. Should we declare war against Rome? Yes/No/Abstain
This poll may not be needed as there does seem to be popular support already documented in the polls and discussion threads.

B. When should we declare war with Rome? (could be a multiple choice)
1. Now
2. As soon as Rome Iron city expands in radius
3. Once Samurai are available.
4. Never
5. Abstain

blackheart
Sep 16, 2004, 09:05 PM
My feeling is that the informal poll shows sufficient interest in war now that the Foreign Ministry should perform a more accurate formal poll (or polls). I don't think that my poll should be used *by itself* to determine the WOTP as I specifically stated that it would hold no official weight.

Suggestions for formal polls:

A. Should we declare war against Rome? Yes/No/Abstain
This poll may not be needed as there does seem to be popular support already documented in the polls and discussion threads.

B. When should we declare war with Rome? (could be a multiple choice)
1. Now
2. As soon as Rome Iron city expands in radius
3. Once Samurai are available.
4. Never
5. Abstain

I had already thought of making a poll after this TC. Here's a discussion for it:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=99975

Sir Donald III
Sep 16, 2004, 11:17 PM
Well, good news is that we now have enough gold for Embassies.

At 410 Monarchy Date (90 BC): France = 39 Gold, Other Nations = 32

Now, we do have Upgrades, and possibly even a Rush to think about, true. But we should have enough Gold to cover our current needs and still have enough for a French Embassy.

MOTH
Sep 17, 2004, 09:31 AM
Note: this is all my personal opinion and is not meant as a personal attack, a threat, or blackmail. My goal at this point in time is to have the Foreign Ministy put up a formal poll asking when we should declare on romans and that the poll include the option of declaring war in the upcoming turn chat.

you can file a CC with the judical department

As I read the documents on Judicial Process, I cannot file a CC unless I believe that someone has violated the consitution or lower form of law.

There are 2 reasons why I will not file a CC:
1. I do not believe that blackheart has violated either at this time (although see below).
2. I do not believe in CCs. I believe that this should be handled at the voting booth in the next election.

As far as violating an article of the constition:
Article J. Elected officials must plan and act according to the will
of the people. The will of the people will be determined
through discussion and polls, formal or informal. ...

I do believe that blackheart could be endanger of violating Article J. There are 2 current indications of the WOTP:
1. This informal poll (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=99922) As of 10am this poll if 10/20 in favor of war now; 6/20 infavor of later (I read this as Samurai); 2/20 against war; and 2 abstain. 62.5% of those in favor of war want it now.
2. This discussion thread (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=99975) at 10am my count of the posts would be 6/10 for later and 4/10 for before Samurai. 60% in favor of waiting for Samurai.

There are lurkers who prefer to 'speak with their vote', thus I feel that a poll is a more reliable indicator of the WOTP. There is admittedly some question as to the reliability of the poll as it included a statement that this 'holds no official weight'. That the poll was private meant that at least one person voted who would have abstained and the two abstains were at least partially because this was a private poll (1 of which indicated that he would vote for later.) It is also possible that some of the 'later' crowd would want some other criteria (such as "when Rome's border expands to include Iron").

My personal opinion is that if we do not have a clear indication of the WOTP and if a minister does not act to determine the WOTP then that minister is NOT in violation of Article J. My opinion would be that they are leading poorly and should not be re-elected.
Note again: read my first note. This is not a personal attack on anyone.

@blackheart: I repeat myself:
Please, can the honorable Foreign Minister please post a poll asking the citizens when we should declare war on Rome?

(look, I said please twice. Pretty Please? With sugar on top?)

blackheart
Sep 17, 2004, 02:38 PM
MOTH, there will definitely be a poll after this TC.

As for the poll, 10/23 people want war now, while 6/23 say later, so that is a pretty close split.

I appreciate your adamant position on wanting to invade Rome but as stated before, swordmen do beat easily beat spearmen and we would have many casualties and slowing of our science.

MOTH
Sep 17, 2004, 03:28 PM
MOTH, there will definitely be a poll after this TC.
I started requesting a poll before the last TC. Why are you so adamant about no poll for this TC?

As for the poll, 10/23 people want war now, while 6/23 say later, so that is a pretty close split.
Exactly my point - the informal poll is close enough that a ministry sponsored poll should be done to accurately determine the WOTP.

I appreciate your adamant position on wanting to invade Rome but as stated before, swordmen do beat easily beat spearmen and we would have many casualties and slowing of our science.
On this you miss my point entirely. I am not adamant on wanting to invade Rome. I am adamant that the WOTP be determined and followed. You also miss the point on casualties as well. We currently spend about 15 GPT on excess units. Any war casualties will release GPT as well as any cities we capture.

Side note: Check you PM inbox.

Civman2004
Sep 20, 2004, 02:17 AM
I'm temporarily assuming control until BH returns (please note, his absence is recorded in the official absence thread, nothing sinister:) )

A number of polls have been posted - 3 for embassies and 1 for timing of war against Rome. Please PM me (and include Blackheart in the message so he knows what's going on) if you wish to discuss further

Civman - Deputy Foreign Affairs Minister

Black_Hole
Sep 22, 2004, 05:05 PM
civman:

It is obvious from the citizens' comments within the poll, that the preferred sub-option from option 1 is to declare war as soon as possible.

Declare war on Rome as soon as Provolution or a representative from the Department for State Sponsored Violence indicates that the swordsmen are in position and they are ready for war (this doesn't necessarily have to be this turnchat). Before declaring war please ensure that none of our units are inside Roman territory.

the poll is tied 8 to 8 , that isnt the prefered options to go to war, and 2 ppl dont want war

MOTH
Sep 22, 2004, 05:09 PM
civman:

the poll is tied 8 to 8 , that isnt the prefered options to go to war, and 2 ppl dont want war

blackheart broke the tie, as is his perojitive as FA minister

blackheart
Sep 22, 2004, 05:14 PM
blackheart broke the tie, as is his perojitive as FA minister

Yes I did break the tie. Of course we still need a greenlight from the military before we will declare war.

MOTH
Sep 22, 2004, 09:51 PM
Honorable Minister,
I would like to suggest that you investigate renogotiating peace with France, Zulu, and the Iroqoius. I believe that the French and Zulu will both give us maps and gold to remain peaceful with us.

The Iroq's will give us everything they have as well as Alliances against both the Babs and Romans.

Cyc
Sep 22, 2004, 10:57 PM
Again, good work, MOTH.

Civman2004
Sep 23, 2004, 02:33 AM
I thought we were't allowed to do anything irreversible, and renegotiating peace would fall into that category?

invy
Sep 23, 2004, 07:46 AM
Brillant idea MOTH!
Since this -s game Human - AI i beleive we can use everything we have, even such 'human' tricks. It seems fine until we are not exploating bugs. And i don't think renegotiaton of peace treaty can be considered as such.
Really good work :)

Rik Meleet
Sep 23, 2004, 07:55 AM
I thought we were't allowed to do anything irreversible, and renegotiating peace would fall into that category?I've fallen for that trap in history. But checking renegotiations is allowed; Constitution article M.1:

Article M. Commission of any game action by any person other than
the Designated Player while carrying out their duties
that is not instantly reversible without reloading the
save is strictly forbidden.
1. Exception: Determining options in the renegotiation
of Peace agreements requires an action of acceptance
or war to exit the bargain screen. This may be done
but the game must be immediately closed without
saving.

blackheart
Sep 23, 2004, 02:54 PM
Honorable Minister,
I would like to suggest that you investigate renogotiating peace with France, Zulu, and the Iroqoius. I believe that the French and Zulu will both give us maps and gold to remain peaceful with us.

The Iroq's will give us everything they have as well as Alliances against both the Babs and Romans.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=100516

TimBentley
Sep 24, 2004, 06:25 PM
When are we going to accept peace, and what are we willing to accept (or even give) for it? I think peace with Babylon should be pursued, but I am not sure what they should have to give us. Since they have a military alliance, they would be less willing to sign peace.

blackheart
Sep 24, 2004, 07:30 PM
When are we going to accept peace, and what are we willing to accept (or even give) for it? I think peace with Babylon should be pursued, but I am not sure what they should have to give us. Since they have a military alliance, they would be less willing to sign peace.

They aren't willing to talk to us at the moment. We need to beat them into submission first. I doubt Babylon or Rome will have much to give us by the time we're through with them.

MOTH
Sep 27, 2004, 03:53 PM
They aren't willing to talk to us at the moment. We need to beat them into submission first. I doubt Babylon or Rome will have much to give us by the time we're through with them.

Honorable Minister,
It appears that Babylon will now talk to us and will offer Gold and Gold per Turn for peace with us. I urge you to investigate the options and determine the WOTP in regard to this matter.

My planning for Hairando Province will be much simpler once I know the what the WOTP desire in this matter. I would suggest 24 hours of discussion followed by a 24 hour poll.

Regards - MOTH
Governor of Hairando Province

invy
Sep 27, 2004, 04:22 PM
Babylon is slowing us too much. War with Babs wasn't planned and we now have to send all units to defend against their attack while Rome is rebuilding its forces.
We should use this chance to make peace with them and finish the Romans. They will also get reputation great hit. Later on, when we get Samurai Babs will be easy target.

I propose that we discuss and poll this deal:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/bab_peace_deal.JPG

TimBentley
Sep 27, 2004, 05:55 PM
Also worth considering is that Babylon has monotheism. I have a feeling it may not be worth the price (loading the save in PTW, Babylon would be doubtful if we gave feudalism for monotheism).

blackheart
Sep 27, 2004, 06:38 PM
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=100905
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=100906

blackheart
Sep 30, 2004, 06:59 PM
Well the time has past and it's good riddance, er, a tearful farewell to the office of the FA Ministry. I wish the best of luck to my successfor and former deputy Civman 2004. You'll need it to fight off the vast and endless enemies of Japanatica ;)