New Napoleon Era Scenario!

Buddha2723

Warlord
Play as French or British superpowers, or the major powers of Prussia, Russia, or the Ottomans. Map of Europe and Mediterrainean based on Henry's Europe 1.7. French start very unhappy, courtesy of 'The Terror'.

This map would be a good starting point for someone looking to create a WWI scenario, something I don't plan on doing. Comments welcome. Look for it on the modhub under renaissance and industrial scenarios.

Known issues to be resolved in next version: General balancing.

*Current version 6 beta(3/12/2011) available modhub and here as zip-> http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=16751

Attachments

• tale2cities.jpg
    tale2cities.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 4,585
  • austria_prussia.jpg
    austria_prussia.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 2,794
In this scenario you could recreate Napoleons early campaigns in Italy and the middle east. Pics are from the perspective of Great Britain.

Attachments

• italiancampaign.jpg
    italiancampaign.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 1,884
  • mideastcampaign.jpg
    mideastcampaign.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 1,641
Great Idea! I will try this as soon as possible. ;)

Sadly (I guess) the techrace will go on here. I personally would love to play Scenarios/Mods without Techrace - or just with fitting Technologies aviabale.

Scenario is default set to marathon, so it takes a long time to get to industrial on that setting. Haven't tested it through to the end, but epic or marathon are probably much more realistic for this scenario.

Seems really great scenario i give it a try but some element bug me

Very important country of the coalition like Prussia and Austria cant join the war against Napoléon? I think it will be greater if you do not put permanent war or peace.

Secondly why you dont use the Spanish empire?

But in overall its seems very good!

Oh and its really great to play with call to power mod, I make a scenario that use this mod its Imperialisme 1885 A.D in the scenario thread if you want to try it. :)
sry for my english :)

New version, two tweaks, now on sourceforge '1804' version. *Also uploaded to modhub, version 3 alpha.

Permanent war or peace has not been working right. I don't want Britain and France to be able to be at peace ever, but none of the options I try is working right. I tried with and without this option checked, but England offered me peace in my French test, and everyone offered peace in my Ottoman test, and they have permanent war selected in the options box. I have no fix as of right now.

As for Spain, the Iroquois represent them, I made playable the five leaders in pop, production, and gold. Spain was for the most part a pawn of France and did little on the wider European stage. I am adding an 1804 version to sourceforge with the perm. war/peace removed and Iroquois renamed Spanish civ. To get them to be actually Spanish, I would have to include a mod with this on the modhub. All are welcome to rework my map into a mod if they want, but it's a little beyond me.

wowowowo, one very disapointing thing, austria hungary should be a playable faction!! it was a major country during the war!! u can make it germany with brown as colour and name it austria-hungary.

another thing, northern italy was french by then, and all the southern german city states should be allies of france. u should also add spain. looks goot!

wats with the coral reefs next to holland?

last thing, make gibraltar british, it was a important british base!

Sorry for the critisism, but if u inprove these 3 points, i will download the scenario!

Beta version up(Napoleon1795). Added Austrians and made them and Spain playable civs. Permanent war between Brits and the French removed. Major happiness and minor balance changes as well. Changed the date to 1795 to accurately represent the state of the map(I think). Changed max turns from 500 to 1000. Raging barbarians removed. Great Barrier Reef moved.

wowowowo, one very disapointing thing, austria hungary should be a playable faction!! it was a major country during the war!! u can make it germany with brown as colour and name it austria-hungary.

another thing, northern italy was french by then, and all the southern german city states should be allies of france. u should also add spain. looks goot!

wats with the coral reefs next to holland?

last thing, make gibraltar british, it was a important british base!

Sorry for the critisism, but if u inprove these 3 points, i will download the scenario!

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. Coral reefs were included in the base map, as with all natural wonders. I moved them to American waters so they do not interfere with European navies. I gave more territory around Gibraltar to the British, so only allies and enemies of the Brits can use the strait of Gibraltar, but I don't want the British able to buy units in southern Spain, as historically they landed in north Spain, and Portugal. Gibraltar was a superfortress, but was not an industrial center or a base used to launch invasions. You can always use world builder to add a British base there yourself, if it is a huge sticking point for your own enjoyment.

Version 5(1/26/2011) is now up, actually making the scenario a bit of a mod. To keep musketmen and the like around longer, there is now an xml file modding 12 techs(3 columns) to be much more expensive. Up now on the modhub. Get the two necessary files(the two 'nap' files) on sourceforge ( https://sourceforge.net/projects/buddha2723/files/ ) and compile the mod yourself with modbuddy.

Pics showing the starting state of the French as of beta version 2

Attachments

• rebellion.jpg
    rebellion.jpg
    399.4 KB · Views: 686
  • frenchwaters.jpg
    frenchwaters.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 717
  • frenchempire.jpg
    frenchempire.jpg
    458.6 KB · Views: 979
Napoleon's chief rivals, the British and Prussians who defeated him at Waterloo, and the Russians who made the victory possible by nearly annihilating the 'Grand Army' in Russia. Pics from betas v4 and v5.

Attachments

• BritishIsles.jpg
    BritishIsles.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 824
  • Prussia.jpg
    Prussia.jpg
    383.6 KB · Views: 811
  • Russia.jpg
    Russia.jpg
    376.2 KB · Views: 780
Downloaded the file and I'm playing it through as the French. Like it much, just two things to consider tweaking. First, the dates are way off, they seem to be moving at the same speed as if the game had started at 4000 B.C., so by turn 100 I'm in the 3700s AD. Kind of jarring.

Second little thing, Greek cities. You should rename Sparta to Thessalonica or Salonica or however you wish, as where you have Sparta is pretty much exactly that city, which is much more important to modern Greece anyhow (second largest in the country).

Update: Once I break out of the Renaissance into the Industrial era, EVERY TECH requires only 1 turn to research. =\

Updated Update: I think I've figured out what happened. Techs are slowly costing reasonable amounts of time again. I think it may have been the artificial buildup of research that you forced onto the last few renaissance techs, which spilled over and essentially bought the first couple of industrial techs in a turn a piece. So perhaps reexamine how you lengthened the renaissance.

Nice scenario, but you should make Algeria, Tunisia and Libya part of the Ottoman empire. The French conquered Algeria after Napoleon in 1830 and Tunis was conquered at the end of the 19th century.;)

New version 6 beta(3/12/2011) fixes date bug and tech race, disabling or increasing the cost of later techs.

Firstly, I'd like to say that your scenarios look quite interesting and that I can't wait to see how they play out in-game :)

Secondly, for your screenshots, may I recommend FRAPS? It's a free software that not only can record videos and take screenshots (without watermarks might I add), but you can customize the key-binding so you can use it in any game and you can choose where you want to save your screenshots. It's by far my favorite tool for taking screenshots in any of my games

Civ also takes screenshots with the printscreen key, you can find them in the MyGames folder.

You can also use f12 if you want to use the steam system, I think it even saves them in jpeg form
Edit: I reccomend to use search in the Steam/userdata folder to find the screenshots if you want to use them (search screenshots and should come up with a folder named screenshots, I can't give directory because I believe its slightly customized for your account number

Top Bottom