[Scenario] Earth January 1942

This Disscusion thread for the Earth January 1942 Scenario. Which adds the United States, Nationalist China and Japan as new playable civilizations and a lot more new minor civilizations. Including new units.

If you are looking for the Mod, Download and Main Mod Disscusion thread go here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=436077&page=11

Please do post comments, ideas and advice for the 1942 map here. If you want to talk about the actual mod or the 1939 map please go to the link then post :).

This is a rough list of things that I still need to change regarding the 1942 map (if you have more to add then post):

- Alpha Icons for China and Japan seem to have problems showing up
- DoM Texts for China, Japan and the United States need to be cleaned up
- Still need diplo screens for China, Japan and the United States
- Need to incorporate in the V.10 units that Gedemon created
- Germany tends to invade England, and the UK tends to invade France, too early.
- I would like to increase the embarkation movement range
- Reinforcement Feature not working?
- Edit USSR city names and Unit locations

Here is a list of things I would like to add (again suggestions are great):

- More playable civilizations like Canada or Australia?
- More units of course
- New Projects for those units
- New Projects for Operation Torch, Invasion of sicily, Invasion of Italy and D-day.
- Liberation feature, so when the Allies invade certain axis possesions it is returned to the prior owner like France and Poland.
- Lend Lease Feature, at the beginning of the map the United States gives some of their extra material, personal and gold to other Allied countries.
- Mexico, Brazil and other nations will declare war on the right date against the Axis
- Axis and Ally Victory Conditions
- Events

Credits:
Gedemon: for the whole mod and the great work and the conversion of the Genghis Kai map

Genghis Kai: for the map from Civilization IV

This looks really massive. Gonna give it a try. At first turn when you set the prod in your cities, it seems to not show it on the map first, only after the turn is done. But it´s really fun so far (playing with Germany on Deity).

Just load.

Map
Murmansk is not in correct place.
Sargut is wrong - Surgut is correct.
Moreover this city is after Ural chain, Vorkuta is before, so positions for these two cities are not correct.
Magodan is wrong, Magadan - is correct.
Petropalovsk Kamdialskiy is wrong - Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky is correct.
Norlisk - is wrong, Norilsk is correct.
Arkhamgelisk is wrong, Arkhangelsk is correct.
Ashgobad is wrong, Ashkhabad is correct.
Samara is wrong for USSR-era, Kuybyshev is correct.
There should be a rail-road from Moscow to Vladivostok through main cities.
Population is much more close to that reality on 1939 map than this one.

Units
There should be soviet units near Iran border and near Vladivostok.
Also there should be much more reinforcement units near Moscow.
There were no German divisions at Karelian neck, only Finnish.

Unfortunately, I couldn't say more about troops as this map is too heavy for my book.

I saw another bug:

It seems like the material limit is not working. Right now I am having 2458.4/1990 material (and increasing).

Some more questions:

- Is there a victory condition yet for both the Axis and Allies ?

- I cannot do the heavy bomber research yet, is that not included into the current version ?

It´s not only the material limit problem, the bombers and panzer are all not healing for the germans.

This looks really massive. Gonna give it a try. At first turn when you set the prod in your cities, it seems to not show it on the map first, only after the turn is done. But it´s really fun so far (playing with Germany on Deity).

Ya, the production doesn't show at first I'm guessing it is because the map is so big.

Just load.

Map
Murmansk is not in correct place.
Sargut is wrong - Surgut is correct.
Moreover this city is after Ural chain, Vorkuta is before, so positions for these two cities are not correct.
Magodan is wrong, Magadan - is correct.
Petropalovsk Kamdialskiy is wrong - Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky is correct.
Norlisk - is wrong, Norilsk is correct.
Arkhamgelisk is wrong, Arkhangelsk is correct.
Ashgobad is wrong, Ashkhabad is correct.
Samara is wrong for USSR-era, Kuybyshev is correct.
There should be a rail-road from Moscow to Vladivostok through main cities.
Population is much more close to that reality on 1939 map than this one.

Units
There should be soviet units near Iran border and near Vladivostok.
Also there should be much more reinforcement units near Moscow.
There were no German divisions at Karelian neck, only Finnish.

Unfortunately, I couldn't say more about troops as this map is too heavy for my book.

Thank you, I will change those things to there realistically accurate. :)

I saw another bug:

It seems like the material limit is not working. Right now I am having 2458.4/1990 material (and increasing).

Some more questions:

- Is there a victory condition yet for both the Axis and Allies ?

- I cannot do the heavy bomber research yet, is that not included into the current version ?

I will look into that glitch...

And there is no Axis or Ally victory yet, but Ill add that too the list. Have any idea or thoughts for a victory for them?

And yes this map isn't using v.10 units yet I still need to update that.

It´s not only the material limit problem, the bombers and panzer are all not healing for the germans.

Ok, ya Ill look into that.

At first turn when you set the prod in your cities, it seems to not show it on the map first, only after the turn is done.

I think it's a bug with the handling of the teams by the game, I'll see if something can be done for that.

I will look into that glitch...
I've no guess for this one, let me know if you found something.

Ok, ya Ill look into that.

see if the unit class type for those unit types are in the define lua (and the g_Unit_Classes table)

Screens:

Thanks for making this map.:)

I found an issue though. As the USSR, you are able to make peace with Finland which then gives you peace with all the Axis nations.

My only other problems with the map are the same I have with the Europe one.

-No workers and not many improvements already made. I know this might be intentional, but I still think it should be changed in both maps. Not being able to build railroads/upgrade roads to railroad and not being able to make your cities better by making improvements really hurts.

-Large and/or important nations being minor nations. The minor nations don't seem to act nearly as smart as the regular nations and having nations like Canada, Australia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, etc as minor nations just doesn't feel right to me.

A suggestion -Events if they aren't already in/being planned. Things like the fall of Poland, France, etc.

Thanks for making this map.:)

I found an issue though. As the USSR, you are able to make peace with Finland which then gives you peace with all the Axis nations.

My only other problems with the map are the same I have with the Europe one.

-No workers and not many improvements already made. I know this might be intentional, but I still think it should be changed in both maps. Not being able to build railroads/upgrade roads to railroad and not being able to make your cities better by making improvements really hurts.

-Large and/or important nations being minor nations. The minor nations don't seem to act nearly as smart as the regular nations and having nations like Canada, Australia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, etc as minor nations just doesn't feel right to me.

A suggestion -Events if they aren't already in/being planned. Things like the fall of Poland, France, etc.

1. Do you think I should add more railroads? Another Idea that came to mind because of you saying this was maybe Infantry units and engineer units (which Gedemon might be adding?) could build fortifications and maybe roads.

2. I would like to add more nations but which nations would you guys enjoy playing? I think Canada and Australia would be worth putting in, maybe even Brazil.

3. Yes I would like events all of those things I have to work in with Gedemon because I don't really know Lua that well. One thing I would like to do through projects, is if the human player or AI completed the Operation Torch project for example it would spawn US troops and ships near Casablanca and Algiers. A lot of that stuff would be long term.

And I will look into the Finland peace thing, I havn't seen that before but I havn't played as the USSR yet either.

see if the unit class type for those unit types are in the define lua (and the g_Unit_Classes table)

Ya, it is there I'm thinking if the reinforcement table (material and personal) is broken then the healing will be too. But it hasn't broken for me yet so I'll play as Germany and see.

And @Scoles I have changed what you said and regarding to populations in Russian cities what do you think would be appropriate? I have changed them a little (looking at wiki) but I'm sure your knowledge of the Russian cities are more accurate. And I didn't want to bulk up reinforcements too much next to Moscow because it would be hard for the Germans, the reserves which spawn 7 or so turns into into the game spawn near Moscow.

I wish I would still have a save, but it seems like the saving didn't work too for me.

populations in Russian cities
Exact numbers are in wiki = )
But I think that good numbers are in map 1939... I may say it has got more balance for the game.

And I didn't want to bulk up reinforcements too much next to Moscow because it would be hard for the Germans, the reserves which spawn 7 or so turns into into the game spawn near Moscow.
It should be hard for Germany as Soviet had got huge attack near Moscow in the end of 1941 - the beginning of 1942.
And the main part of that success were reinforcements.
As I wrote before this map is too heavy for my book so I can't test game situation = (

Exact numbers are in wiki = )
But I think that good numbers are in map 1939... I may say it has got more balance for the game.

It should be hard for Germany as Soviet had got huge attack near Moscow in the end of 1941 - the beginning of 1942.
And the main part of that success were reinforcements.
As I wrote before this map is too heavy for my book so I can't test game situation = (

Ok, I did give moscow more troops near it, I'll probably add more but farther away.

I will try this schenario. Can you add greece in later versions?

I will try this schenario. Can you add greece in later versions?

I could but it is 1942 and Greece was already conquered, they would have free greek forces but I don't know if the human would enjoy the limited amount of units. But if you really want them sure I can add them. But they were a pretty big factor in 1939 Europe, so I could make a greek playable civilization if Gedemon was willing and if you would be more interested in that.

@T_KCommanderbly: Any news on the material bug ?

I couldn't figure it out,

do you get this with all nations and everytime you play? I need to test this (ive been busy) and see if the whole thing is broken or if it's just Germany.

I could but it is 1942 and Greece was already conquered, they would have free greek forces but I don't know if the human would enjoy the limited amount of units. But if you really want them sure I can add them. But they were a pretty big factor in 1939 Europe, so I could make a greek playable civilization if Gedemon was willing and if you would be more interested in that.

Okey. I will try this schenario but one question. Do you need to have any of the DLC to play this schenario, because i have only the mongol DLC.

I couldn't figure it out,

do you get this with all nations and everytime you play? I need to test this (ive been busy) and see if the whole thing is broken or if it's just Germany.

It seems to be working good now for other nations. Will test some more with germany and see if the bug shows up again.

Top Bottom