Ask an atheist (the second coming)

What are the ultimate badass virtues that ultimate badass cool people possess?

Why not "Ask an atheist:2" or some better title.

Because my subtitle "what's for dinner" wouldn't flow.

I'll happily change it if it means something to anybody :)

What is your view on religions' effect on the world?

What's for lunch? What kind of pizza do atheists like best?

whats your favourite church?
Sagrada Família.
What are the ultimate badass virtues that ultimate badass cool people possess?
Eloquence.
What is your view on religions' effect on the world?
Such a broad question deserves a broad answer: it varies.

What's for lunch? What kind of pizza do atheists like best?
Filet American aka ground cow and Pepperoni.
What's your take on meditation?
It shuts her up for half an hour.
Why atheist? Why not simply most athy ?
Or just: Ask an a.

When I'm going through a rough time in my life I pray to God to help me through, to support me and give me strenght. Afterwards I feel more relax and capable to deal with the situation and it is my believe that I recieve this strenght, to give it a name, comes from God.
(small step back in time: this what I meant with influencing :))
anyway, the question is: What do you do when you're experiencing a hard time.

EDIT:
It shuts her up for half an hour.

:lmao:
It's taking me a lot of concetration not to laugh out loud at this (am at the office)

Altruism and good will despite God not existing to provide those for us.

To what extent?

anyway, the question is: What do you do when you're experiencing a hard time.

Link to video.

I try to first come up with some form of organisation. I sometimes write down stuff and collect my thoughts and try to come up with alternate plans and stuff I can do. Then, once I've come to a conclusion and decided on a plan, I man up and go fight. Nothing is forever, and t'is too shall pass.

At least that's how I deal with hardship. I like the idea of being in control of/above my hardship as much as possible, and it calms my nerves. Like how taking things to the Big Guy calm yours.

On a side note, I hate it when people whine. The art of whining is an art best left in childhood, when whining inevitably led to mommy swooping in and saving the day. Therefore, an adult male who acts like a boy is not a Man, but a boy. Adult male =/= Manly Man. Usually, when most people are whining, they actually have two different paths: 1) They can (try) to change things and get stuff done 2) They can't change things in which case the accept the worldy conditions and do the best with what they have.

Okay, time for a short interlude about the Bible.

Often in this forum Christians and Atheists are pitted against each other on Bible-quote wars. A very unfortunate side-effect is that both sides forget the worth the Bible has as a historical document. It opens a window in societies long gone through the stories they tell. I have been told that the hebrew version is kind of a literature masterpiece. We must remember in the fierce discussions that it's not the worth of the Bible that is contested, but the credibility of the content with regard to the extra-ordinary claims it makes.

That is all.

Back to our regular broadcasting.

Never clicked on the previous thread, so just a simple question: what's the purpose of having a "ask an atheist" thread on a forum where 60-80% of members are atheists?

Well, supposedly it's for the 20-40% who aren't.

Plus, there's atheists and atheists. The other one also had discussions amongst atheists.

The Bible is to Judaism as the Iliad is to Greek culture. It isn't really historic, but is based on historical things, and has loads of stories.

Top Bottom