Plans for v22

ls612

Deity
This thread is for modders to post their plans for V22, similar to the plans threads for the last few versions.

My plans are as follows;

Definitely Doing:
-Making more units (both on request and some of my own)
-Fixing whatever small bugs I find.

Maybe Doing: This depends on the participation and/or work of the other modders on the specific plans.

-Integrating Genetic Era Content.

More things you can do with subdue animals.

More sea terrain. Plus better spawning and movement for sea creatures - no more salt water crocs in the polar regions. ;)

Resources - icons in the resource area of the city screen and combining the folders in the Resource folder ie housekeeping.

- Plan/Balance Units
- Make more Spots buildings.
- Make Clockpunk stuff.
- Do more resource related buildings and tweaking.
- Work on Guild buildings.
- Do more Culture Wonders.
- Convert leftover Zoo Tycoon 2 Animals
- More new techs (focus on later eras)
- Add Housing Civic (Maybe)
- Galactic Era Stuff (depends upon the multi-maps)
- Get around to fixing the broken buttons.

This thread is for modders to post their plans for V22, similar to the plans threads for the last few versions.

Plans for me, is like a New Years resolution, you have them, but you never do them.:p:joke:

What about increasing sources of unhappiness, unhealthiness, and financial expenses? There are plenty of sources of gold, health, and happiness, so city managing is a bit too easy. It is also fairly easy to keep research at 100% You can maybe make it so all government civics have anger from taxes? Or putting in a few maintainence producing buildings? Just a few of my suggestions..

What about increasing sources of unhappiness, unhealthiness, and financial expenses? There are plenty of sources of gold, health, and happiness, so city managing is a bit too easy. It is also fairly easy to keep research at 100% You can maybe make it so all government civics have anger from taxes? Or putting in a few maintainence producing buildings? Just a few of my suggestions..

We've gone over this many times, and the jury is hung. Some agree with you, and others disagree. Both sides though have strong opinions, so we ended up doing nothing.

We've gone over this many times, and the jury is hung. Some agree with you, and others disagree. Both sides though have strong opinions, so we ended up doing nothing.

Its often the people who are not playing the higher difficulty grades who complain it's too easy. Once they complain while playing deity and still getting far far ahead they can be taken seriously, imho. The rest should test a higher level or shut up. Damn this apple liquour its getting me so harsh!

No, of course giving critisims -even if not playing deity- is wanted but please think for all difficulty levels when doing so.

This s not entirely true. I have made an effort to make things cost -:gold:. At the moment its on edge people yelling too much -:gold: (and some still do). In short its as balanced as we can get it for the moment. So much changes month by month, week by week even day by day that its hard to balance things, especially economically.

Maybe increasing support costs of military units would help... I mean, there are multiple times in history where a leader has had to DRASTICALLY increase taxes to support a huge standing army.. This way if your goal was purely economic, you could easily raise $$$ but you can't do it with a large army.

Maybe increasing support costs of military units would help... I mean, there are multiple times in history where a leader has had to DRASTICALLY increase taxes to support a huge standing army.. This way if your goal was purely economic, you could easily raise $$$ but you can't do it with a large army.

Can't do that without emasculating military ciovics, one of the major benefits of which is reduced troop support costs.

Unfortunately most of the people who are whining about there not being enough gold in the game are the people that like to keep enormous standing armies at all times.

Unfortunately most of the people who are whining about there not being enough gold in the game are the people that like to keep enormous standing armies at all times.
Well that makes really no sense... They should know you can't easily have both.

Well that makes really no sense... They should know you can't easily have both.

Quite! And not so much a huge standing army, but I really like the hunting/subdue animals side of the game and play on a gigantic Terra or Continents map with few starting AI Civs (but Barbarian Civ option on so that more opponents spring up down the line) so there is a lot of hunting opportunity well into the game. In my current hotseat game I have 5 trackers, 5 hunters, 15 Cree trackers, 5 rangers, 5 game hunters (just got to Matchlock tech recently!), 2 medium sized stacks of mounted type units to mop up any barbarian units near my borders (my husband got the Great Wall so I have to be prepared for barbarian incursions and deal with them before they enter and start pillaging) and dog units patrolling around my borders to spot the rogue type "invisible" units that I suspect the Babylonians are sending against me.

Up until this point I have had to think very carefully about where a research building will be of most benefit to me, because of the negative gold aspect, and I think it's really good right now for the expansive way I tend to play, because I need to think about costs for the units I like to have out in the field - and it's more balanced now than any previous version to date. An increase in unit supply costs would kill the fun for me, I'd rather be exploring and hunting and have units out there to move every turn rather than just deciding what to build in my cities and not being able to afford any units - having units to move around every turn is part of the fun and should not be discouraged to the point where every turn is just setting up build queues and then hitting the next turn button, that would be boring.

An increase in unit supply costs would kill the fun for me, I'd rather be exploring and hunting and have units out there to move every turn rather than just deciding what to build in my cities and not being able to afford any units - having units to move around every turn is part of the fun and should not be discouraged to the point where every turn is just setting up build queues and then hitting the next turn button, that would be boring.
Hmm... Yeah, I see your point, that fine line between balance, realness, and fun. However, maybe we don't have to increase support costs for hunters, as they're not terribly expensive to maintain.

Do we have a firm date for V22 release?

Now that v22 is upon us, here are my current (concrete) plans, in order that I intend to tackle them:
  1. Crashes and hangs as they occur
  2. Phase 2 of the pathing changes (aka total pathing engine replacement)
  3. Rework unit construction in the AI so that units can be requested in a distributed fashion, and will be built in the most appropriate/least busy cities then move to where they are requested from
  4. Other stuff TBD, though with an emphasis on AI enhancement most likely

Now that v22 is upon us, here are my current (concrete) plans, in order that I intend to tackle them:
  1. Crashes and hangs as they occur
  2. Phase 2 of the pathing changes (aka total pathing engine replacement)
  3. Rework unit construction in the AI so that units can be requested in a distributed fashion, and will be built in the most appropriate/least busy cities then move to where they are requested from
  4. Other stuff TBD, though with an emphasis on AI enhancement most likely

I'm going to start a new thread for V23 Plans, seems to be a custom now.

Hmm... Yeah, I see your point, that fine line between balance, realness, and fun. However, maybe we don't have to increase support costs for hunters, as they're not terribly expensive to maintain.

I think hunting units throughout the ages (at least up to and including Rangers) and early recon units such as scouts ought to be largely self-sufficient - there's no reason for small groups of hunters or scouts to be costing a fortune in cash as surely in prehistoric/ancient and probably classical times we're talking a small party who can feed themselves off the land whilst out and about because that is their forté already if that makes sense - it's not like supplying a military combat unit which needs feeding, maintenance to their armour and weaponry etc. so that they are combat ready.

I am not against an increase in unit maintenance/supply costs in general, but pre-renaissance hunters and recon should be a fraction of the cost because realistically you're talking about a small group of people that feeds itself and has good survival skills.

And yeah generally in games I am in favour of realism up to a point, but gameplay should always come first - if realism sucks the fun out of gameplay, then there's little point in it. :)

Top Bottom