Renaming religions?

We can rename units. We can rename cities. Wouldn't it be awesome if we could rename religions?

For instance, the first person to discover the religion BUDDHISM (or any other religion) could change it to something else, and then after the religion spreads across the map, other civs would adapt that religion and it's name.

This would be a pretty cool customization; I've always felt a bit weird back in Civ4, when I would play as the Arabs, but have Confucianism as my religion... :crazyeye:

I remembered hearing the answer is yes, but I don't remember which source that was.

There's a "Click to Change" beside the religion name on one of the screen shots, so many guesses are that you can change the name. :)

(Which is brilliant! I for one love how you can fine-tune the details in a game.)

I'm going to change the name of mine to Jedi, if Jedi isn't already listed as a religion that is.

That "(Click to change)" could just mean you can click on one of the other 10 religions if you want to found a different one. After all that's the "Found a Religion" screen we're seeing in that screenshot.

I also hope there'll be a larger set of icons as well, so both the name as the icon can be customized.
I mean, what's a set of religious icons without something resembling pasta with eyes? ;)

That "(Click to change)" could just mean you can click on one of the other 10 religions if you want to found a different one. After all that's the "Found a Religion" screen we're seeing in that screenshot.

I suspect if you want to change your religion you have to choose another icon. In the screen shot, the player is Christian so it's greyed out, while the other religions are apparently selectable.

So wait, I can have a globe spanning empire who's state religion is Haruhiism?

Spring couldn't come faster!

So wait, I can have a globe spanning empire who's state religion is Haruhiism?

Spring couldn't come faster!

You just reminded me of something: think of all the roleplay / story possibilities this feature has! Now I think about it, this. Is. Simply. Amazing. :cool:

You just reminded me of something: think of all the roleplay / story possibilities this feature has! Now I think about it, this. Is. Simply. Amazing. :cool:

Well you can do it with the current version. I'm running England as Holy Britannia right now, can't wait to get to Japan and rename Tokyo Area 11 :cool:

ALL HAIL BRITANNIA!

I think some great names for religions would be:
Monothestic_flavour_1
Monothestic_flavour_2
Polythestic_flavour_1
Polythestic_flavour_2
Nonthestic_flavour_1
Nonthestic_flavour_2

Now you can spell these any way you like of course... for example
Monothestic_flavour_1 may well be spelled with a C followed by an h and then an r, i, s, t, i, a, n
But it really does not matter how you spell it. At it's core it is still Monothestic_flavour_1 and they will happily... um oppose... all others [see how I spelled "oppose" I didnt use a single k or i or l ;) ]

I thought die hard fans would've watched the PAX demo where Dennis renames Tangirism to Sidism :|

Apparently you renamed the religion too! It went from Tengrism to the the religion astronauts must have after drinking and eating all that crap up there. :lol:

Top Bottom