tech ideas

anunknownman

Warlord
hello everyone, i have recently signed up to the forum!!!

i have been a huge fan of your mod and i hope u will work on it for many years to come.

i wish to help u with the mod so i made a list of sevral techs i think would add alot to the game

(btw,English isn't my native language so sorry if there are any grammer mistakes :p)

pre history era:

Rivalry
Respect
Friendship
Hauling
Crafting
Battering Ram
Planting
Crime
Combat Nets
Communication
Outposts
Poison
Singlaing
Tombs
Innoculation
medicine
wood burning
Peat Extraction
migration
clothing
bulding matirials
exploration
kinship
law
education
knowladge
wisdom
leadership
elders
way of life
social norms
orginization
assembly
buisiness
competition
symbolism
commodeties
consecps
ideas
notions
values
moralety(i dont know how to write it :blush:)
ethinc music
ethic art
hats
fur coats
ferries
campfires
Adze
Animal Fat Oil
Animal Herding
Backpack
Family
Politics
Bow and Arrow
Bow Drill
Bowl
Bracers
Burial Mound
Burial Ground
Ceramics
Ceremonial Burial
Chisel
Club
Communal Dwelling
Coracle
Crutches
Cuirass
Cultivation
Dog Sled
Drinking Horn
Drum
Dugout Canoe
Earth Fired Pottery
Family Dwelling
Fence
Fire
Fire-starting Bow
Fish Hooks
Fish Trap
Fishing Nets
Fishing Pole
Flint Working
Food Preservation
Funerary Customs
Furniture
Gauntlets
Grave
Greaves
Hammer
Harpoon
Hearthstone
Helmet
Hide
Horn Signal
Javelin
Jewelry
Kiln
Kiln Fired Pottery
Knife
Ladle
Lever
Mallet
Mast
Mortar & Pestle
Mud Brick
Needles
Oars
Paddle
Paint
Pan Pipes
Pauldrons
Permanent Settlements
Pick
Pick Axe
Pins
Pottery
Pulley
Raft
Rattle
Reed Boat
Reed Brick
Reed Raft
Rope
Rotary Drill
Sail
Saw
Settling
Shield
Sinew
Skin Clothing
Skis
Sled
Sledge
Snowshoes
Spindle
Spinning
Spoon
Stone Brick
Stone Lamp
Sun-dried Brick
Tent
Territory
Torch
Traps
Trepanation
Trident
Urbanization

more prehistoric techs:
roof making
signal fires
annaouncment making
arrowheads
hoes
Stone Grinding Tools
Edged Stone Tools
bridge building
camoflauge
celabration
milestones
entertainment
Paleolithic diet
stews
law enforcement
comedy
jokes
gift giving
leisure
secrecy
traditions
superstitions
saw drilling
stafs
hooks
drumsticks
rakes
spades
mallet
engraving
buckets
brooms
sharpening
brick yards
braiding

thats it for prehistory next is the ancient age....

thats it for now but more coming!!!:D

Some of your tech proposals are already existing as buildings...

I was just brainstorming and given the list you presented plus the techs we already have for prehistoric (pre-sedentary) there might be a way to rework the whole [settlement + city buildings =||= tech]
I pictured, that when the Nomad Start is implemented, perhaps the techs you get during the prehistoric era could be granting the bonus the city buildings now give- so instead of building a building you have to build the tech (a once researched tech then gives the commerce, gold or food/production per turn which the building would give now).
So your initial tribe/nomad could move around, collect :food: and :hammers:, but he wouldn't have :gold: or :science: yet. Every prehistoric "tech" (where the tech bar is now on top of screen) would have progress with :food: and :hammers: - so if you have let's say a surplus of 100 :food: and 100 :hammers: you get the tech, for example Painting. Some techs would need additional bonuses like Dye for painting. Your Nomad Camp would move on the Dye for the time researching Painting. Gatherers and Trackers would roam around the camp to collect/hunt the 100 :food: /100 :hammers: Nomad camps could also grow, either by goodie hut (steal women), tech (camp gets +1 pop) or growing instead of teching with the :food: / :hammers: surplus it provides per turn.
---> idea: when your inital Nomad Tribe grows, it doesn't but rather pops out a gatherer. Once you find sedentary lifestyle all gatherers can move into cities and make them grow 1 pop each.

At some point (maybe cultural identity) the techs don't require only :food: and :hammers: but also :science:

Maybe a science beaker (like from storytellers hut now and then by the tech that would grant it) could count doube in relation to the early :food: / :hammers: for tech, making it worthy to have some early beakers still.

Together with the weather system (wind, rainfall, currents, steppe fires, terrain shifting ice ages), this nomad start will be like a new game. Maybe we should even move the start to 1 Mio BC, like Koshling suggested^^ --->with the twist that he provides us with the autoendturn mechanisms which he said he would invent that would be needed to play large sums of turns without always having to press enter when nothing is to be done at eternity speed.

Unless you'd all like to play on new 'super eternity' where turns are a day or so even in prehistoric times (so lets say a few million turns for an entire game) arguments about real speeds are rather irrelevant

I will hunt you with this quote, Koshling^^

i actually think it's a fantastic idea!! when will we see it implemented??

should i still list techs? i have quite a few and i hope you might use them.

Sure, keep it coming, the more the better - but that doesn't mean it will be used or if it's used that will be anytime soon. The coders have a huge mountain of work and to hope they implement it asap or at any other given time is a mere dream.

However, you can help to set it on the agenda by working out concepts like the one I tried above, to find ways how to implement it more or less easy and balanced. This way the chance it will be implemented faster
- in synergy with other new features - will be substentially higher.
Plus during that process you will improve your english as well.

i actually think it's a fantastic idea!! when will we see it implemented??

should i still list techs? i have quite a few and i hope you might use them.

If you do, Pls use the spoiler
Spoiler :
Spoiler
as such to put your list in thx.

btw Welcome to CFC, and for trying this Great mod.

Top Bottom